Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

As long as it's not for crazy wages.

.....it's gonna be crazy wages, isn't it?
I don’t think that option is on the table for him. The only other teams that could (if they wanted) pay him crazy wages are simply not in for him.

Time will tell but I reckon he’ll have to swallow his pride and accept much less than he desires. Wherever he goes. He overplayed his hand by quite a bit, throwing strops and finding himself without serious action for nearly a year. He’s a big gamble, even on modest wages, for anyone to offer him crazy money.

Andersonson

We're saying we want leaders, players who take responsibility. And you want him? A player who whines and stops playing if he aint played in his favorite position...?

He's yet another talent, with big question marks over his attitude. We already have many who fits that criteria.

I really dont want him

MadMike

We're saying we want leaders, players who take responsibility. And you want him? A player who whines and stops playing if he aint played in his favorite position...?

He's yet another talent, with big question marks over his attitude. We already have many who fits that criteria.

I really dont want him
For the record he didn’t stop playing. The technical director made him unavailable for selection to Tuchel, because he wouldn’t renew his contract.

Andersonson

For the record he didn’t stop playing. The technical director made him unavailable for selection to Tuchel, because he wouldn’t renew his contract.
He went to a night club after a loss. He liked Evra 's post celebrating when we knocked them out. He refused training with the reserves. And he he got dropped because he kept coming late.

A true professional

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He went to a night club after a loss. He liked Evra 's post celebrating when we knocked them out. He refused training with the reserves. And he he got dropped because he kept coming late.

A true professional
No, in December Rabiot announced to the club that he will leave at the end of his contract, Antero Henrique answered that in that case he wouldn't play for the team anymore. In January PSG decided to send him train with the reserve which he did but after several training sessions, he contacted the LFP because that's against the rules and PSG were told to stop their nonsense. In February, PSG tried to sanction him financially because he wasn't at Doha in January, he wasn't at Doha because he was at his grandmother's funerals and next to his dying father, PSG at the time authorized his absence.

Also Rabiot can go to a nightclub after a loss, he wasn't playing and has banished by the DOF and he can like whatever he wants.

MadMike

A true professional
What are you talking about? Do you know what unprofessional means? Going to a nightclub is not unproffesional for a player who has a day off. Neither is liking an instagram post by Evra.

Speaking of unprofessional, that's what PSG were towards him. They had no legal standing to make him train with the reserves. It's breach of regulations and a case for harassment based on what the National Professional Footballers' Union (UNFP) of France said:
It (UNFP) added PSG have "no right" to have taken the steps they have and that the club should look to include Rabiot in the first-team group again within 48 hours.

"If not, the club will be exposed to sanctions, because from a legal point of view PSG have no right to make Rabiot train with the reserves," added Burchkalter. It's even suggested that what PSG are doing "could be compared with harassment."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...o-exclude-adrien-rabiot-from-first-team-squad

They chose to let him not train instead of training with the first team. That's their choice not Rabiot's.

The only actually unprofessional thing he did is turning up (once!) late for a team meeting along with Mbappe. They both got fined and that was that.

Andersonson

No, in December Rabiot announced to the club that he will leave at the end of his contract, Antero Henrique answered that in that case he wouldn't play for the team anymore. In January PSG decided to send him train with the reserve which he did but after several training sessions, he contacted the LFP because that's against the rules and PSG were told to stop their nonsense. In February, PSG tried to sanction him financially because he wasn't at Doha in January, he wasn't at Doha because he was at his grandmother's funerals and next to his dying father, PSG at the time authorized his absence.

Also Rabiot can go to a nightclub after a loss, he wasn't playing and has banished by the DOF and he can like whatever he wants.
Always to sides of a story eh?

Of course he can go to a night club, but why would you? When its against club rules. Is it OK just because youve decided to leave?

Is it OK to be late for team meetings for the same reasons? Is it OK liking instagram posts that mock your club when you loose?

MadMike

Of course he can go to a night club, but why would you? When its against club rules. Is it OK just because youve decided to leave?

Is it OK to be late for team meetings for the same reasons? Is it OK liking instagram posts that mock your club when you loose?
There's no sides, there's simply ignorance on your part. These rules don't apply to players who aren't in the squad. Hence PSG did nothing about it, because they couldn't do nothing that wouldn't be legally challenged.

You can say he's acting like a cnut (which is different to unprofessional) but really not in any way worse than how PSG are acting towards him. There's no obligation for him to sit here and take it from them while being a perfect little choir boy himself.

JPRouve

Scout

It's not against club rules to go to night clubs, he was late a long time ago and sanctioned, as was Mbappé and every other players that have been late to meetings. And he can like whatever he wants when the club showed zero respect and even used the death of relatives against him.

Aloysius's Back 3

@JPRouve

There was some talk that he was unhappy at PSG because he wanted more French players or an ethos at the club.

Is that true or something I have made up? I don't know if it's that or a more personal maybe greedy aspect to him wanting something else like an own role? What's your view mate?

Andersonson

There's no sides, there's simply ignorance on your part. These rules don't apply to players who aren't in the squad. Hence PSG did nothing about it, because they couldn't do nothing that wouldn't be legally challenged.

You can say he's acting like a cnut (which is different to unprofessional) but really not in any way worse than how PSG are acting towards him. There's no obligation for him to sit here and take it from them while being a perfect little choir boy himself.
Oh, come on. He is still under contract and get paid alot of money. Of course you have an obligation. If you can't see that, im baffled. You simply dont go partying and liking posts of your teammate losing. That is borderline unprofessional. It dosent matter if you're playing or not

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
@JPRouve

There was some talk that he was unhappy at PSG because he wanted more French players or an ethos at the club.

Is that true or something I have made up? I don't know if it's that or a more personal maybe greedy aspect to him wanting something else like an own role? What's your view mate?
This is interesting as isn't this what is being said about Mbappe now?

MadMike

Oh, come on. He is still under contract and get paid alot of money. Of course you have an obligation. If you can't see that, im baffled. You simply dont go partying and liking posts of your teammate losing. That is borderline unprofessional. It dosent matter if you're playing or not
After you've finished with "unprofessional", the next word for you to look up on the dictionary is "obligation".

You're really struggling here, I'd take a break if I were you.

Aloysius's Back 3

This is interesting as isn't this what is being said about Mbappe now?
Yes it is.

I heard this a couple weeks back on this thread itself somewhere & now Mbappe is saying the same thing.

Whilst I'm not backing Rabiot for what he has said - but if he did I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to do at a club that maybe need some of what he is saying.

JPRouve

Scout
@JPRouve

Not exactly, apparently he had an issue with the fact that some players that happens to be foreigners aren't treated like the rest, they are given more leeway and more respect from the suits, he isn't the only player thinking that way the likes of Cavani and Marquinhos are supposed to think the same. The players in question are the likes of Neymar, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic and Verratti. Also it was rumoured that PSG's initially offered Rabiot the same wage that Choupo-Moting currently have.

deafepl

we'll be watching Matic starting rest of next season if we don't want Rabiot.

Andersonson

After you've finished with "unprofessional", the next word for you to look up on the dictionary is "obligation".

You're really struggling here, I'd take a break if I were you.
So, instead of making arguments towards your case, this is your answer?

You seem like a top bloke.

And by the way: " below or contrary to the standards expected in a particular profession "

I dont want United players going around liking posts of usgetting knocked out.. And I would be pissed if the players not in the match-day squad went partying. And I believe the club would 've deemed it unprofessional.

tjb

a. Not sure what his midfield role really is from watching him
b. Scared he will be looking for a major wage
c. His attitude is questionable, not just Psg but french national team too

Its a more risky move than people think. We are trying to reestablish our culture, signing rabiot may be taking a step back. However there is the possibility that PSG did treat him badly, and he has been misunderstood. If given the chance, maybe he has that hunger and appreciation for Utd, and can compliment Mctominay or Fred in Midfield.

Drz

My understanding on the Rabiot case is that things went pear-shape during negotiations, his mom is his agent and rumour is/was that after an agreement was reached in principle she came in at the 11th hour demanding an extra 10Mil on her agent fees, which has driven PSG to deal with him in the say it has been reported (training with reserves etc...).
Personally his reaction to being marginalised does not surprise me.
However, his reaction to the french national team is more worrying with regards to his attitude.
Going back to PSG, I wonder how much the reports/rumours are driven by a potential character-assassination on his current club's behalf.
Better to stay clear, unless we have real insight on the matter.

MadMike

So, instead of making arguments towards your case, this is your answer?

You seem like a top bloke.

And by the way: " below or contrary to the standards expected in a particular profession "

I dont want United players going around liking posts of usgetting knocked out.. And I would be pissed if the players not in the match-day squad went partying. And I believe the club would 've deemed it unprofessional.
I really don’t care what kind of bloke you think I am :lol:

You don’t get to set the standards for what is professional or not in a profession. They are stipulated in contracts and they’re also the subject to and compliant with overarching employment law. There are independent commissions and tribunals that are there to dictate when a behaviour is unprofessional or not and whether players are in breach of obligations, when it’s tricky case to adjudicate.

Long story short, the only unprofessional thing Rabiot did was turning late to a meeting and getting fined for it. The rest, is only unprofessional in your imaginary definition of footballer professionalism. And if they were a cnutish thing to do, they were certainly more than justifiable based on how he was treated by PSG. He only acted like cnut after they tried to humiliate him by making him train with the reserves just because he wouldn’t renew his contract.

Andersonson

I really don’t care what kind of bloke you think I am :lol:

You don’t get to set the standards for what is professional or not in a profession. They are stipulated in contracts and they’re also the subject to and compliant with overarching employment law. There are independent commissions and tribunals that are there to dictate when a behaviour is unprofessional or not and whether players are in breach of obligations, when it’s tricky case to adjudicate.

Long story short, the only unprofessional thing Rabiot did was turning late to a meeting and getting fined for it. The rest, is only unprofessional in your imaginary definition of footballer professionalism. And if they were a cnutish thing to do, they were certainly more than justifiable based on how he was treated by PSG. He only acted like cnut after they tried to humiliate him by making him train with the reserves just because he wouldn’t renew his contract.
Well, its not tricky to adjudicate. They have this in their contracts. He has accepted his fines for bad behaviour on more than one occasion. You dont get fined for cnutish behaviour, you get in when you breach certain agreements in the contract. He got fined for the Evra instagram-post, and accepted it. Its unprofessional and he knew it himself.

You should know this before making such "arguements"

Cassidy

Well, its not tricky to adjudicate. They have this in their contracts. He has accepted his fines for bad behaviour on more than one occasion. You dont get fined for cnutish behaviour, you get in when you breach certain agreements in the contract. He got fined for the Evra instagram-post, and accepted it. Its unprofessional and he knew it himself.

You should know this before making such "arguements"
You are negating the club has also been sanctioned regarding their behaviour towards the player, forcing him to train with the reserves because he refused to sign a new deal. You are also negating that many of these fines you are referring to occurred after the club decided to anex the player after he refused to sign a new deal.
You are also not acknowledging the fact that you were wrong about him refusing to train, it was in fact the club who decided to bar him from first team training, again because he refused to sign a new deal.

Think its quite clear who is acting like cnuts....

Andersonson

You are negating the club has also been sanctioned regarding their behaviour towards the player, forcing him to train with the reserves because he refused to sign a new deal. You are also negating that many of these fines you are referring to occurred after the club decided to anex the player after he refused to sign a new deal.
You are also not acknowledging the fact that you were wrong about him refusing to train, it was in fact the club who decided to bar him from first team training, again because he refused to sign a new deal.

Think its quite clear who is acting like cnuts....
Yes, its pretty Clear. Its both. The Club are free to do what they want as long as they do it within the rules. On certain occasions they have not. Like made him Train With the reservers/youth-team.

It same goes for the player, he is free to do what ever he wants, as long as its within the rules. He for example went partying and didnt behave on instagram. And got fined. Like he should. Because he wont sign a contract doesnt mean he should start misbehaving.

Should he stop caring or giving a feck just because he has fell out the management? If something, it makes it even worse. He should just let the Club lose face and continuing acting like a pro. He hasnt. Not surprised there are many rumours of Clubs not wanting him after inital talks. He and his mom seems like brats who cant behave.

You are negating the fact that he has been suspended since december for his actions after the defeat to us.

Cassidy

Yes, its pretty Clear. Its both. The Club are free to do what they want as long as they do it within the rules. On certain occasions they have not. Like made him Train With the reservers/youth-team.

It same goes for the player, he is free to do what ever he wants, as long as its within the rules. He for example went partying and didnt behave on instagram. And got fined. Like he should. Because he wont sign a contract doesnt mean he should start misbehaving.

Should he stop caring or giving a feck just because he has fell out the management? If something, it makes it even worse. He should just let the Club lose face and continuing acting like a pro. He hasnt. Not surprised there are many rumours of Clubs not wanting him after inital talks. He and his mom seems like brats who cant behave.

You are negating the fact that he has been suspended since december for his actions after the defeat to us.

We defeated them in December did we? Again he was anex from the first team him not training or playing has nothing to do with instagram.

He was fined for that I don't negate that at all.

However this all started because he refused to sign a new deal and the only ones really being cnuts here are the club, and you are still getting certain fact wrong which I just highlighted.

Mastoness

My understanding on the Rabiot case is that things went pear-shape during negotiations, his mom is his agent and rumour is/was that after an agreement was reached in principle she came in at the 11th hour demanding an extra 10Mil on her agent fees, which has driven PSG to deal with him in the say it has been reported (training with reserves etc...).
I red somewhere that she did the same thing with Barca, she demanded the same kind of money for herself and Barca stopped negotiations because of that. IIRC, he fired his mom as his agent.

Hypotetically, what do you guys think, how would he work in pair with Thomas Partey with Pogba in more advanced role?

Last edited:

Andersonson

We defeated them in December did we? Again he was anex from the first team him not training or playing has nothing to do with instagram.

However this all started because he refused to sign a new deal and the only ones really being cnuts here are the club, and you are still getting certain fact wrong which I just highlighted.
I dont agree With you at all. The ones being cnuts are really the both of them. He wants to leave on a free because he wants more Money. Some may say thats cnutish as well. But its his Choice.

The Club dont want this to happen so they take a strong "punishment" for it. Both which are fair and cnutish.

The Club then made some mistakes - Rabiot made some as well, and his mistakes were worse in my opinion, but thats doesnt really matter. They both done it.

He and his mother should stay far away from Our club

Drz

I red somewhere that she did the same thing with Barca, she demanded the same kind of money for herself and Barca stopped negotiations because of that. IIRC, he fired his mom as his agent.

Hypotetically, what do you guys think, how would he work in pair with Thomas Partey with Pogba in more advanced role?
I hope for his sake it's true that he seeked outside council.
Hard to tell for Rabiot, he strikes me as box-to-box, but not a particularly energetic one. He is decent alround.
On a football pitch have not seen him do anything to impress me particularly nor has he done anything that would reflect poorly on his quality.
That said, with Pogba and Partey alongside, it would still leave a need for defensive mid.

Aloysius's Back 3

What I like about Rabiot is that he seems to be a bit of an all rounder midfield than one that is particularly good at only certain things like Pogba is.

I feel like that may have led to some of his problems at PSG but we really need that.

manunited1919

When we NEED to sign a RB, RW, St, CDM, and CB it would be good to get a quality player like Rabiot on a free. If he can’t play CDM, give him JLingz spot, he would be a huge improvement and help us get the results we need.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Think the bigger clubs will stay away from him. He's definitely coming to one of Arsenal, Utd and Tottenham each of whom will have trouble attracting the very best because of no CL or no money(in the case of Tottenham).

JPRouve

Scout

He hasn't be fined since October when both Rabiot and Mbappé were late, Mbappé has been fined 180k since that time though for the same reason.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he felt that the Club that had been paying his wages treated him 'unfair' because he didn't sign the new contract, he could:
- sign the contract
- leave and find another Club that suited his demand(s).

But nope. He just preferred the money, run down his contract, while being negative. Which is fine for the majority of us, but not for a young-ish pro that still need to improve and establish himself.

JPRouve

Scout
If he felt that the Club that had been paying his wages treated him 'unfair' because he didn't sign the new contract, he could:
- sign the contract

But nope. He just preferred the money, run down his contract, while being negative. Which is fine for the majority of us, but not for a young-ish pro that still need to improve and establish himself.
I don't follow your logic here, his current contract is from 2014 and he doesn't have a big contract. He hasn't been negative and simply decided to not renew, he was a starter and even captained the team until Henrique decided to act like an idiot. Also PSG refused to sell him last season.

Cassidy

- sign the contract

Isn't that what he is doing? PSG didn't sell him last summer (not his doing).

MadMike

- sign the contract

But nope. He just preferred the money, and being negative. Which is fine for the majority of us, but not for a young-ish pro that still need to improve and establish himself.
I think you need to read the last couple of pages because your post makes no sense in that context. Never mind that, your post makes no sense even in its own context. Why would you sign a contract extension with a club you’re unhappy with and feel you’ve been treated unfairly? :houllier:

A) There’s nothing wrong about running down your contract to get a better deal or force a move. Nobody is calling Herrera, Mata, DDG (and Pogba in the past) unprofessional knobs for doing just that over here.

B) You can remove the quotation marks around unfair. PSG acted far worse and unambiguously than simply unfair. They were in breach of regulations when they made him train with the reserves. That’s harassment in the work place based on footballer union regulations.

Amazing the mental acrobatics some posters are doing in order to call a guy a cnut for showing disrespect to a club that have massively (and illegally) disrespected him.

DDG & Herrera both have refused to sign contracts with United, if our response had of been to refuse their sale and force them to train in the reserves... we’d be the cnuts, not them.

That being late for a meeting is now used as a barometer for cnutish behaviour is bad for all of us, I doubt there’s a single one of us that hasn’t been late for something work related.

Decomposing In Paris

If his wage demands aren't crazy, would he be a good Fellaini replacement? We lost Herrera and Fellaini, and we're probably losing Mata too. McTominey has improved, but Fred hasn't inspired much confidence in me. If we could sell Fred, and replace him with Alderweireld and Rabiot, I'd still want a defensive midfielder, Wan-Bassaka, and a goal scorer/creator.

johanovic

Rabiot is a top class player and going for him is right in every way. Those taking the words of the Quatar regime (PSG) that is not best known for their respect to work laws to put it mildly must be joking. On top of that countless footballers are "difficult" as ego is a big part of being able to be a proffesional player. Fergie had a few but as he showed egos can be controled and when they overstep he pushed them out. Tuchel wanted to play Rabiot but was banned from doing that by the board. PSG wanted to make a example off Rabiot but he would not be bullied, stood his ground and had every right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.