Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Matuidi left PSG for Juve because Rabiot wanted to basically play at this position (left side CM whereas most think his best position is DM) and PSG banked on him.
Now he goes to Juve and Matuidi is there but they love him there....
What about Ramsey ? Pjanic ? Can ? Betancur ? Surely at least one of them will leave

izec

Matuidi left PSG for Juve because Rabiot wanted to basically play at this position (left side CM whereas most think his best position is DM) and PSG banked on him.
What about Ramsey ? Pjanic ? Can ? Betancur ? Surely at least one of them will leave
Yeah, they have many midfielders. Isnt Khedira still there as well?

Lemansky

I am actually very happy about him not coming here, we don’t need players that will rock the boat if things don’t go their way.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I am actually very happy about him not coming here, we don’t need players that will rock the boat if things don’t go their way.
@kouroux says it's not true so I will cede that point to him. It should be pointed out though that description might have been rightly or wrongly used against our most famous French player before he came to England.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think Ramsey signed too soon, he should have tested the market.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Coman, Matuidi, Rabiot one way, Buffon, Alves the other way.

The PSG/Juve market.

JPRouve

Scout
I think the wages he'll earn while playing for Juve, he couldn't believe his luck
You are probably correct but with the change of manager and the way Juventus seems to be chasing CMs, I would be a little bit anxious.

Lemansky

@kouroux says it's not true so I will cede that point to him. It should be pointed out though that description might have been rightly or wrongly used against our most famous French player before he came to England.
Rabiot has never done that.

I think so yeah. Midfield overkill
Yeah. Kouroux might have a lot more inside than me. I only know that he didn’t play for PSG for half a year and that he refused to play for his country. Seems like more drama than the average player.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah. Kouroux might have a lot more inside than me. I only know that he didn’t play for PSG for half a year and that he refused to play for his country. Seems like more drama than the average player.
He didn't refuse to play for his country, he was disappointed to not be selected for the WC and said that he wouldn't be a medical jocker. And he didn't play for half a season because Henrique who got fired was upset after Rabiot told him that he wouldn't extend his contract.

piesel

Matuidi has only one year left and no talks of a renewal so i think him and also Khedira will leave.

Seven Seas Sardines

Sucks that so much talent is on the move, and going for free, just the summer when we're the least attractive proposition.

Imagine if players buy into Ole and get fit to press hard, we do wonders and get CL for next year with a team full of youngsters. If we somehow get a DoF/new owners, the young elite will be creaming their pants to join us.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Khedira will leave. They were short on midfielders last season, had to play Cuadrado or Bernardeschi in midfield. Getting two new players and letting Khedira go is the right move, especially since Ramsey will most likely be out injured for half the season.

Lee565

They have to be favourites for the champions league if the also get De Ligt.

roseguy64

This really sucks. We could have fought for this guy instead we are after sean longstaff. Why do we always stay away from good players while the likes of Juventus and Madrid always find a way to get value? It really makes no sense why we couldnt go above and beyond to secure this guy. he is better than most of what we have. I think I need a drink!
You expected us to beat out Juventus to him? Madness. He was only ever going to be coming if he wanted to. Juventus is the more attractive option for him. Better chance to win trophies and while we may be able to offer more wages it wouldn't be that much more than what Juve could pay him so that advantage would be negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.