Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloysius's Back 3

This is the guy I want the most in our transfer window.

There will be better players we target and possibly buy - but managing to get Rabiot on a free would atleast start to rebuild some of the dissatisfaction of how the club has been run for me.

It is just too much of a good deal. We can talk about buying Fred for 56 million or Herrera for 30 million - but Rabiot on a free starts to give our midfield both the quality and quantity we need & have lacked for some time now.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is the guy I want the most in our transfer window.

There will be better players we target and possibly buy - but managing to get Rabiot on a free would atleast start to rebuild some of the dissatisfaction of how the club has been run for me.

It is just too much of a good deal. We can talk about buying Fred for 56 million or Herrera for 30 million - but Rabiot on a free starts to give our midfield both the quality and quantity we need & have lacked for some time now.
He seems very arrogant to me, but if we want a deep lying playmaker, then he's our man. Out of those available anyway.

I look at someone like De Jong, who orchestrates all the attacks for Netherlands and Ajax and believe Rabiot also has this ability. Probabaly not as good off the ball, but has great ability on it.

A box to box player to get stuck in next to him (think it will be Fred or McTominay as I cant see us buying two centre midfielders) and we should have a better balance.

Le Red

There was turbulence with him in PSG and the fact that his mom is his agent is a bit of a Freudian issue but other than that I've changed my mind on this one. He's a hell of a ball player, for free. Sign him board cnuts.

Johan07

He seems very arrogant to me, but if we want a deep lying playmaker, then he's our man. Out of those available anyway.

I look at someone like De Jong, who orchestrates all the attacks for Netherlands and Ajax and believe Rabiot also has this ability. Probabaly not as good off the ball, but has great ability on it.

A box to box player to get stuck in next to him (think it will be Fred or McTominay as I cant see us buying two centre midfielders) and we should have a better balance.
Didnt he refuse to play DM for PSG and that was one of the things that alienated him at the club?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didnt he refuse to play DM for PSG and that was one of the things that alienated him at the club?
No, Henrique ostracized him because he refused to extend his contract. Rabiot played around a third of his games as a DM.

Walters_19_MuFc

From what I understood, it was as a holding midfielder in a 3 man midfield.

If he were to come to United, I'd play him as a number 8 in a double pivot, which he often did for PSG, either next to Motta, Verratti or Marquinhos.

You'd need legs and someone more defensive next to him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

scoi

Nothing wrong with being arrogant if your performances justify it and it may just be rumours and media hype. He wouldn't have so many big names ahead of him stealing the plaudits, so if he does crave some attention, what better than the player who helped reform United.

It would be great business to get him. Experience in midfield is lacking and he can play in 2 roles whilst keeping the transfer budget for this summer headed to another position.

Tiber

This does seem a very typical (and smart) Juve signing

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bayern already said back in Feb that Rabiot's salary demand was too expensive for them. Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern are NOT after Rabiot. Man City is not interested. Spurs and Arsenal are too small for him, so only Man Utd and Juventus left for him. Believe it or not Rabiot doesn't has too much choice now.
Said this before only Man Utd and Juventus are the big clubs left for him this summer. He is still trying his best to make these two clubs compete for his signature.

bdspeedy

Eddie, are you kidding? Just the type of player that would drastically improve our midfield. ON A FREE. Eddie will find a way to bollocks this one and we'll end up with some pie in the sky prospect with no experience or a make-shift retread on his last stop before the glue factory. This window should make or break Woodward. No excuses. Years of dithering, ineptitude and deferred maintenance needs to be rectfied. MIDFIELD. CB. RB. DeGea. Pogba. Did I mention MIDFIELD? Time for Sanchez, Rojo, Jones (love the heart but sorry Philip), Darmian and several others to move on.

Last edited:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
However, while on vacation with his mother in Italy’s Porto Ercole resort, he spoke to the Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport.

“Juventus are a big club who everyone would like to play for,” said Rabiot.

“It’s true, we are having some talks.”

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Juventus fans seems to be quite confident to land him, I think he prefers Turin also.

Gandalf

If Juventus get him I won't be too disappointed as he is clearly going to be on high wages as a free and they have already brought in Ramsey on an inflated free agent deal this summer too. Logically Rabiot joining should mean they would drop any interest in Pogba as they wouldn't have room to fit all of these players into their midfield and certainly they could not afford the salaries.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He ain't a bigger cnut than the ones running the club. Sign him up ffs!

Saf94

After reading this, I want him at United. Rabiot needs a hug, and a manager like Solskjær might be just the right match.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...rien-rabiot-is-one-of-footballs-great-enigmas
I just don’t see this happening at all. I’d be shocked if it did

Tuchel picked Rabiot systematically over the first three months of this season, even giving him the captain's armband, but he then dropped him, along with Kylian Mbappe, after the pair turned up eight minutes late for a team meeting prior to PSG's 2-0 win at Marseille in late October. While Mbappe immediately returned to the starting lineup, Rabiot did not. It was the beginning of the end.
After all the things said about the lack of discipline in our team. That players don’t try hard enough, Martial being given an easy ride despite not doing enough. After all that would we accept a guy who’d take the piss like this? If any player right now did this we’d want him dropped immediately. So why would we sign a guy with a reputation for this behaviour when we’re trying to reform and fix poor attitudes in the team! This signing just makes 0 sense to me

Denis79

Arrogant French? Never heard of such a thing

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I just don’t see this happening at all. I’d be shocked if it did

After all the things said about the lack of discipline in our team. That players don’t try hard enough, Martial being given an easy ride despite not doing enough. After all that would we accept a guy who’d take the piss like this? If any player right now did this we’d want him dropped immediately. So why would we sign a guy with a reputation for this behaviour when we’re trying to reform and fix poor attitudes in the team! This signing just makes 0 sense to me
I hope this is sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.