Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Zlatan

As much as I want new reinforcements, especially in midfield, we simply can’t keep making the same Woodward and Judge mistakes over and over. If he wants some crazy high wages, and we are calling it off because of that, then I’m okay with it.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Agreed but 10 years of decline won't be fixed overnight and people getting hysterical doesn't help themselves.

I have faith ETH will stabilise the team if he is allowed to.

Mood will change with some wins and dropping of the problem players.

United were never going to maintain top billing once the billions started to be available to other clubs. That's fine too as one club can only have so many players.
Ownership and Sporting direction matters and United need to change that. No doubt. It will come too.

United will be back it will just take a while.
ETH had a rocky start at Ajax as well but he IS GOOD at stabilizing a team and making them perform as a team. If he cant, I dont know whats next for UTD anymore mate.

You desperately need a good DOF. Running the club like this is madness.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Tbf, if he and his mother agent were asking for a ridiculous wage then they can f*ck off.

whitbyviking

In Italy they have an “impatriate” tax scheme. Basically if you’re a foreign national moving there for minimum two years you qualify for the scheme, meaning you pay tax on the first 30% of your wage only. This means Rabiot is raking it in and feels no need to move. United would need to offer significantly more to offset that tax and since he’s on a high wage already it just sounds like a complete no-go.

Vapor trail

I don't fault the club for turning away. When you look at the reality of going from Pogba who in no way was a fan favourite to Rabiot that in itself is already a disgrace. Then the agents demands more it's almost like the club is doing the player a favour with more field time and higher wages irrespective of demanding an even higher salary.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I know everyone is going all in on the club at the moment and rightly so but feck me, more incompetence. Would have been better than what we currently have for sure, but how do we get to a stage where we are not sounding players out through 'intermediaries' e.g. if we offer you £xxx salary + £yyy bonus would you sign. Then go and sort with the selling club, but no, another player where we agree a deal with the parent club and we are miles apart from the player. Feels like we are negotiating worse than the brexit squad !!

Edit As others dont blame the club for walking away but christ on a pony do the ground work before you agree terms with the club, utter amateur hour.

avgp_1

I assume that's just a throwaway line from someone at United in a desperate attempt to placate the fans. There's no way a deal like that is ever getting off the ground. United don't have the funds and the player would never sanction the move.
You'd wish that's the case, but we might waste a week chasing him while he tags us along before saying No

Someone

Something
This time I'm glad we aren't bending over. He isn't wanted by Juventus and we're giving him a lifeline and I'm sure on top wages, but his mom probably thought we're desperate and wanted to take advantage of the situation. feck him, we can move on to someone else.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

feck that, feck him and his mother :lol:

We're desperate but not that desperate. He'll join another team on a free for less than he currently earns at Juve next summer.

feck signing up for another high earning piece of future deadwood
Unsurprising given we agreed a deal with Juventus over 2 weeks ago. Mama Rabiot was negotiating her heart out

Infra-red

You'd wish that's the case, but we might waste a week chasing him while he tags us along before saying No
Maybe, but I think it's more likely just a bit of PR while they try to figure out what they are going to do. They will be in a mad panic at the moment as it looks like they have blasted through plans A, B, C, even D without success are are just flailing around hoping something sticks.

Robertd0803

This will probably still end up happening on our terms when theres no hope of anyone else buying him on their terms.

Redcy

Mood will change with some wins and dropping of the problem players.
Why what’s the next game we are winning, Liverpool, Leicester, arsenal. We are going to go five games without a win. May not lose them all , but I don’t see a win any time soon

Red Stone

Overpaying for mediocre shite is exactly why we struggle to offload said shite when it becomes obvious they are in fact shite. Tell his mum to feck off. He's a £150k/w player at best at any other club in the world.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Glad we are not bending over for players again, but if not Rabiot, who?

bdspeedy

We'll also never win anything with Raboit in midfield on £200k a week so it's a double edged sword
I'm quite happy this prick got greedy and that we're not signing him even though I've always rated him. I'm sick of the panic buys at the end of every transfer window.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
They're looking for £300k a week? :eek:

Yeah only one thing gonna happen there!

We sign him on deadline day for £350k a week.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
As much as I want new reinforcements, especially in midfield, we simply can’t keep making the same Woodward and Judge mistakes over and over. If he wants some crazy high wages, and we are calling it off because of that, then I’m okay with it.
I agree with this.

Not signing Rabiot on a long term contract with ridiculous wages is not the mistake that broke our transfer window. It's the fact that we're a few days out from the closing of the transfer window, and we've only just realised that chasing Rabiot was a bust.

Giggsy13

This is what happens when you mismanage your transfer business year after year. The club have ZERO leverage and they expect to play hard in the market. This is going to be a scrambled and scatter gun end to the window. Tell me where the feck the apologists are who were riding Murtough and comparing him to Michael Edwards rise with the scouse. Not even fecking close.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'm quite happy this prick got greedy and that we're not signing him even though I've always rated him. I'm sick of the panic buys at the end of every transfer window.
He has only one year left in his contract, and then he can ask for high wages like Lingard did to Forest next summer. Juventus is selling him for a relatively low fee as well. So in the end it is just a matter if the math works for the total cost of Rabiot's service. He will have no re-sale value.

Alemar

You desperately need a good DOF. Running the club like this is madness.
DOF we need, but in general “running the club” is up to the CEO (in our case - owners). So even if the best DOF in the world comes, he won’t have authority over transfers and running the club - Glazers will always have a final vote.

defnotashawthing

This sound absolutely spot on for our current transfer strategy. Bid for the player, club accept but we haven’t even spoke to the players agents etc about what the player would want in wages, bonuses etc.

I don’t want the club to overpay for players but to waste another two weeks on rabiot is criminal

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Why what’s the next game we are winning, Liverpool, Leicester, arsenal. We are going to go five games without a win. May not lose them all , but I don’t see a win any time soon
Maybe not but it will happen.
Not losing against Liverpool would be as good as a win.

It will come eventually

Laurencio

Independent has been briefed that we're not interested any longer. So probably not coming here - which is probably for the best.

dinostar77

Not a suprise is it? All he has to do is wait till xmas then he can start to negotiate with other clubs for his free transfer next summer.

# loadsofmoney

Rather we got caiedo anyway. Build for the future.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ffs… another deal that’s fell apart! Why on earth do we take weeks negotiating and then it fails. That’s a lot of time wasted and leaves us little time to look for alternatives. Thought things was gonna improve when Ed Woodward left. This is embarrassing… bet ten Hag thinks he got conned into joining us on false information… another top manager set up to fail. Congratulations!!

Unam333

Overpaying for mediocre shite is exactly why we struggle to offload said shite when it becomes obvious they are in fact shite. Tell his mum to feck off. He's a £150k/w player at best at any other club in the world.
Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.