AFCON Egypt 2019

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Am I allowed to confess that I have a man crush for Hervé Renard? I wanted him to come and take over our NT before he signed for Morocco.

And Cote d’Ivoire comes close there.

el3mel

Am I allowed to confess that I have a man crush for Hervé Renard? I wanted him to come and take over our NT before he signed for Morocco.

Almost every African wanted Renard to manage their national team at one point or another. :D

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Tunisia's keeper had a howler in the first game vs Angola, they replace and the other one makes a worse howler in this game :lol:
What will their coach do for the next one ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not impressed with Pépé so far. Can't control the ball for shit

Morocco are really good, too bad their striker is gash

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ti va di culo che ti han fischiato il fuorigioco, ma sei un cretino :lol:

Sorry, had to get this off :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, expected Ziyech to be more of a game breaker at this level, given that he's playing on the most talented team in the competition(together with senegal and algeria)

NYAS

Well at least Zaha’s international career is going well...:houllier:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Morocco gets it over the line, despite their best efforts to give Ivory Coast a chance :lol:

el3mel

Morocco 4th team to qualify to 16th round after Nigeria, Egypt and Algeria.

Bearded One

Best manager of an african side for me. Won with Zambia when they were nobodies. Proved himself over and again.

el3mel

Tomorrow matches :

Mauritania - Angola
Cameroon - Ghana
Benin - Guinea Bissau

Last day of round 2.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
Not exactly football related but sinister stories going round on social media (plus friends of mine who witnessed) that people are being photographed and sometimes forcibly by plainclothes police for chanting for Abu Treka in the 22nd minute or Al Ahly massacre in the 74th. Also they're trying to prevent Egyptians attending non Egypt games. Some people I know went to Senegal Algeria and got in at half time, if at all, were told Egyptians not allowed, must have a Senagalese or Algerian passport.

For those who don't know Abu Treka is Egypts legendary player and is blacklisted by the government for being pro Muslim brotherhood, and currently living in exile. He wore #22 hence the chanting at that minute. They cant arrest everyone who chants but apparently they take pictures of the ringleaders. Pretty dumb thing to do if you ask me, if they just let people be no one will notice much, now everyone waits for the 22nd minute to see what happens. Could backfire badly if foreign media picks it up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Two 0-0 draws in a row. Have been a poor day it seems.
For a 0-0 draw, the Cameroon-Ghana match was actually quite exciting. The first half was end-to-end, whilst the second half was more in Ghana's favour. The lack of a goalscorer in both sides hurt them because they created numerous chances.

el3mel

For a 0-0 draw, the Cameroon-Ghana match was actually quite exciting. The first half was end-to-end, whilst the second half was more in Ghana's favour. The lack of a goalscorer in both sides hurt them because they created numerous chances.
Started watching by the end of it though I was disappointed by the result.

Cameroon are now 5 points and Ghana 2. Ghana will need to defeat Guinea Bissau the next match, that draw with Benin was very unnecessary for them.

el3mel

No goals today. Ridiculous. :lol:

Anyway ,tomorrow Group A and B will be concluded :

Nigeria - Madagascar
Burundi - Guinea

Uganda - Egypt
Zimbabwe - Dr Congo.

Standing of both groups :

Both Nigeria and Egypt have qualified but they still need to secure top spot of each group.

NYAS

If current scorelines stand, Madagascar are finishing top of Group B. A group that contains Nigeria and a Guinea with Naby Keita.

Football....feck’s sake

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watched the Cameroon game yesterday and had no idea who half of them were....they even put Choupo Moting on with ten minutes left and made him captain.:eek:

Sad how far they've fallen from their late 90s/early 00s squad when they were a real powerhouse with guys like Eto'o and Mbomba upfront. Geremi, Lauren and Wome full back options. Djemba Djemba in midfield.....

Edit: Just seen their squad. They have Bong who is squad player at Brighton then players from Slavia Prague, Panionios, Mariupol and Kayserispor

Midfield has Zambo Anguissa who was total waste of money for Fulham, a Hearts player and Maccabi Haifa player with 49 caps.

Still Seedorf is doing well for them to win the group.

kouroux

Watched the Cameroon game yesterday and had no idea who half of them were....they even put Choupo Moting on with ten minutes left and made him captain.:eek:

Sad how far they've fallen from their late 90s/early 00s squad when they were a real powerhouse with guys like Eto'o and Mbomba upfront.
Choupo Moting is their usual captain.

Madagascar play some lovely football in some sequences

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Choupo Moting is their usual captain.

Madagascar play some lovely football in some sequences
I guess it's due to status and him being at the biggest club in whole squad, 8 goals in last two seasons.

Would be like England calling up Andy Carroll and making him captain.

kouroux

I guess it's due to status and him being at the biggest club in whole squad, 8 goals in last two seasons.

Would be like England calling up Andy Carroll and making him captain.
Andy Carroll hasn't featured in a long time though :D Choupo is a regular for them.
I think his last great performance was that brace vs United.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazed Nigeria still call Ighalo up, so bad against Argentina in last WC.

el3mel

Madagascar top the group. Unbelievable stuff. What a dream debut of them in the tournament.

el3mel

Nigeria now will be playing the runner up of Group F, so probably either Ghana or Cameroon!