AFCON Egypt 2019

el3mel

Ended 1-0. Algeria 3rd team to qualify to 16th round after Nigeria and Egypt.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

Tantum Ibrahim

Our goalkeeper Matasi has really messed us in this one, hopefully we'll nick it at the end.

el3mel

The match with the least expectations ends up being the best one as usual.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Wow! Great stuff. Kenya scores, 3-2

Once again, @el3mel, I didn’t expect anything from this match, started off watching the WWC match. Switched to this when Kenya equalised at 1-1 and haven’t left since. This exceeds every expectation I had pre-match.

EDIT: Just seen your comment above this one. It’s incredible!

el3mel

Wow! Great stuff. Kenya scores, 3-2

Once again, @el3mel, I didn’t expect anything from this match, started off watching the WWC match. Switched to this when Kenya equalised at 1-1 and haven’t left since. This exceeds every expectation I had pre-match.
That has been the most entertaining match of the tournament so far when I expected it to be a dull one.

Indeed.

Actually wanted to ask you earlier whilst watching the Alg - Sen match.

Do the Egyptians in the crowd cheer for other north African teams, or are they seen as rivals/derbies?
Algeria got a good cheering today. We had problems with them during WC qualification matches in 2009 but we have been on decent terms since then. We have a strong rivalry with Tunisia in terms of football clubs, but nothing personal too.

Tantum Ibrahim

So glad we've clawed back into it, 4 minutes added time remaining, let's hold on to this Kenya. Thank you Michael Ogada Olunga

el3mel

Tomorrow matches :

Tunisia - Mali
Morocco - Ivory Coast
South Africa - Namibia

Busy day coming!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep, if he’s been had for corruption before he shouldn’t even be officiating pro football, let alone international tournaments, imo.
And you know what ? Algeria was the team involved in the initial match fixing (that time, he fecked them over) :lol:

Tantum Ibrahim

Yeees, 3 points in the bag, up next, Senegal, bring it on . Seriously though, that was enjoyable for us, not so much for our neighbours Tanzania given the amount of banter that has been exchanged these past two days. Nice to be back in the Afcon, last time was in 2004 when we got knocked out in the group stages but left on a high by obliterating Burkina Faso thanks to our legendary striker Dennis Oliech.

Today is thanks to Michael Olunga dubbed 'The Engineer'

dz united

This is dodgy as feck. A clear corner given back as goal kick now. Seriously this is fecked up
The ref gave the biggest two decision in favour of Algeria, but he made plenty of wrong calls against Algeira as well. The Senegalese number 17 should have been booked and wasn't and the right winger also committed a professional foul that was not given as a yellow. Overall the biggest decision was not to give the red card and that helped Algeria. However if Senegal players got an early yellow the game might have gone differently.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just watching highlights to catch Mane. What a shit competion/tournament. :lol: The re-death of African football.

kouroux

The ref gave the biggest two decision in favour of Algeria, but he made plenty of wrong calls against Algeira as well. The Senegalese number 17 should have been booked and wasn't and the right winger also committed a professional foul that was not given as a yellow. Overall the biggest decision was not to give the red card and that helped Algeria. However if Senegal players got an early yellow the game might have gone differently.
Feels very dodgy regardless, the moment they scored, Algeria benefited from very generous refereeing to say the least. That pen refused on Mane is crazy to me.
Human error can happen but you see that those are made by a ref who had issues with fixing games before, it is natural to have suspicions. Specially when Algeria is involved again.

Bearded One

Feels very dodgy regardless, the moment they scored, Algeria benefited from very generous refereeing to say the least. That pen refused on Mane is crazy to me.
Human error can happen but you see that those are made by a ref who had issues with fixing games before, it is natural to have suspicions. Specially when Algeria is involved again.
Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that that Mane's penalty shout was cancelled out by Algeria's legit penalty shout when that shot struck the arm of a senagalese player in the box?

kouroux

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that that Mane's penalty shout was cancelled out by Algeria's legit penalty shout when that shot struck the arm of a senagalese player in the box?
I don't know, it didn't seem as 100% blatant as the Mane one. I just found it strange how he was also reluctant to book either teams.
53 fouls combined, 19 against Senegal and 34 Algeria, only 2 yellow cards each whereas some of the tackles on display were reckless

dz united

What do you mean when algeria is involved again, I didnt know there were other cases