Alabama outlaws abortion

Achilles McCool

My post clearly refers to the white male legislators who made this possible. What of it?
Let’s discuss the multitude of black men that think abortion is a systematic way to keep the African American population under control. I’ll be happy to post the quotes from black representatives that are against abortion.

Stop making this issue a “race” issue @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Let’s discuss the multitude of black men that think abortion is a systematic way to keep the African American population under control. I’ll be happy to post the quotes from black representatives that are against abortion.

Stop making this issue a “race” issue @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær
That has to be one of the most ridiculous examples of whataboutism I have ever heard.

Achilles McCool

:lol: feck off.
Lovely rebuttal!

Let me give you a quote from a black Alabama representative:

“Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now, or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now, or you kill them later.” - - State Rep. John Rogers, D-Birmingham
-he also said that President Trump's son was the perfect reason to have an abortion, calling junior, "retarded"

but let's not get into the mud with all of the black Americans that are against abortion. Let's just call out the Alabama politicians as the religious white.

Achilles McCool

That has to be one of the most ridiculous examples of whataboutism I have ever heard.
Nothing whataboutism in the argument. I will show you chapter and verse what the religious black community in America has stated and said about what abortion has done to their communities.

Achilles McCool

btw, I'm an atheist and was pro-choice until the age of 30. Sort of like @Penna I had an awakening and saw the issue for what it was.

Also btw, I'm all for abortions in cases of incest, rape and emergency.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/politics/abortion-republicans-democrats.html

The debate is still very much an open one. But it may come down to what Americans find more persuasive: the kind of nuanced explanation and argument abortion rights supporters are making, or a searing, one-word label like “infanticide.”

“Democratic politicians constantly misunderstand the disconnect between their position and where the American people are,” said Charmaine Yoest, a vice president at the conservative Heritage Foundation, who was formerly president of Americans United for Life.

“People want abortion restrictions,” added Ms. Yoest, who recently left a job in the Trump administration. “And the more you reveal about the other side’s extremism, the more people say, ‘Wait a minute, I don’t support that.’”
Right now it seems the pro-choice side is losing the rhetoric war.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Nothing whataboutism in the argument. I will show you chapter and verse what the religious black community in America has stated and said about what abortion has done to their communities.

Race and ethnicity Legal in all/most cases Illegal in all/most cases
White, non-Hispanic 61% 35%
Black, non-Hispanic 60% 38%

Virtually no difference.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Lovely rebuttal!

Let me give you a quote from a black Alabama representative:

“Some kids are unwanted, so you kill them now, or you kill them later. You bring them in the world unwanted, unloved, you send them to the electric chair. So, you kill them now, or you kill them later.” - - State Rep. John Rogers, D-Birmingham
-he also said that President Trump's son was the perfect reason to have an abortion, calling junior, "retarded"

but let's not get into the mud with all of the black Americans that are against abortion. Let's just call out the Alabama politicians as the religious white.
He's spot on about Don Jr., though I don't agree with the rest of it.

Literally every legislator pictured was white, so I edited that in after my initial post. It refers mostly to the power structure in America being old white men. It's not representative of the country's demographics and certainly not any kind of authority on women's issues.

But all of that is irrelevant because you cherry picked my post and used it out of context to try and imply that I was being uncivil to Dave89. So yeah, feck off and stop moving the goalposts when your asshattery is called out.

Achilles McCool

He's spot on about Don Jr., though I don't agree with the rest of it.

Literally every legislator pictured was white, so I edited that in after my initial post. It refers mostly to the power structure in America being old white men. It's not representative of the country's demographics and certainly not any kind of authority on women's issues.

But all of that is irrelevant because you cherry picked my post and used it out of context to try and imply that I was being uncivil to Dave89. So yeah, feck off and stop moving the goalposts when your asshattery is called out.
No moving the goal posts. No asshattery. No cherry picking. I just wanted to point out that the Tweet criticizing 22 white Alabama politicians was a little short-sighted and calling for @Dave89 to be raped was uncalled for (although that wasn't from you, but from @Florida Man who has yet to respond to that)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't care, I have not mentioned race once in this whole conversation and your purposely shifting to something that does not matter in the slightest. Just as with most things I really don't care if you are black or white or hispanic or whatever. I just don't share your anti abortion beliefs.

bleedred

btw, I'm an atheist and was pro-choice until the age of 30. Sort of like @Penna I had an awakening and saw the issue for what it was.

Also btw, I'm all for abortions in cases of incest, rape and emergency.
Just out of curiosity, what made you change your opinion on other instances?

Achilles McCool

I don't care, I have not mentioned race once in this whole conversation and your purposely shifting to something that does not matter in the slightest. Just as with most things I really don't care if you are black or white or hispanic or whatever. I just don't share your anti abortion beliefs.
My response was to multiple people. Others brought up 22 white men, so I responded.

Achilles McCool

Just out of curiosity, what made you change your opinion on other instances?
I'll be willing to talk to you and tell you my story. PM me. I'm not sure I'd be willing to make public what my personal story involves. Thank you for being respectful and courteous. I've always enjoyed your posts and point of view on the Caf @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær you are one of the posters that I come in to see!

Dr. Dwayne

I'll be willing to talk to you and tell you my story. PM me. I'm not sure I'd be willing to make public what my personal story involves. Thank you for being respectful and courteous. I've always enjoyed your posts and point of view on the Caf @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær you are one of the posters that I come in to see!
Thanks brother, no hard feelings. Apologies for my gruff approach earlier.

Achilles McCool

@Penna
You've given me the courage to tell my own story.

My wife (ex wife now) and I were expecting our 3rd child after having 2 beautiful boys (now 13 and 15 years old). My wife is and was very liberal and I've always considered myself independent [political labels bother me], just to give a little bit of a background. We even had a name chosen for the expectant baby.

We went in for my wife's 20 week ultrasound, hoping to find out the sex of the baby (I was hoping for a daughter), when the RN began the procedure. After 3 minutes, the nurse physically looked at us and excused herself, saying that she needed the doctor. When the doctor and nurse returned, we were informed that our "baby" was in fact not developed and no longer living. The doctor, matter-of-factly stated that we'd have to schedule an appointment for the evacuation of the remains (apologises to the doctor if I didn't get that word-for-word). My wife and I broke down.

To give you my unedited position on this matter, I feel for anyone that has to go through with the decision to abort or keep, but I know how I would choose going forward, and I hope that everyone in the situation of contemplating whether to continue with a pregnancy or not, I hope they take a period of time to think about the ramifications either choice will produce.

To put closure at the end of my post, my hope is that the decision for expectant women doesn't become flippant, like, "uggh, I'm pregnant again! Time to go to the clinic" (sorry if that sounds crass)

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
No moving the goal posts. No asshattery. No cherry picking. I just wanted to point out that the Tweet criticizing 22 white Alabama politicians was a little short-sighted and calling for @Dave89 to be raped was uncalled for (although that wasn't from you, but from @Florida Man who has yet to respond to that)
You’re on Trump levels of inaccuracy with this post. I didn’t advocate in any form for any sexual assault on Dave89. I also responded to your hypothetical. Get your story straight.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
But I'll ask why is it that Abortion can be allowed to be such a casual response to a casual mistake? In what other walks of life do you not have to live with the consequences of such a serious mistake?
Life isn't a case of constantly paying for your mistakes though. There are plenty of ways people are able to not suffer the consequences of their mistakes as they either move on or are able ignore the mistake.

Achilles McCool

You’re on Trump levels of inaccuracy with this post. I didn’t advocate in any form for any sexual assault on Dave89. I also responded to your hypothetical. Get your story straight.
Yeah... that wasn't @Florida Man
who was it, @Carolina Red ?? You or another Mod clearly removed it, so I have no way of remembering, but I know what I read last night. Someone clearly wished that @Dave89 would be raped to have the experience.

@Florida Man get over yourself.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
who was it, @Carolina Red ?? You or another Mod clearly removed it, so I have no way of remembering, but I know what I read last night. Someone clearly wished that @Dave89 would be raped to have the experience.

@Florida Man get over yourself.
Suffice to say it isn’t who you accused and if you don’t remember on your own, you should probably lay off it.

Dr. Dwayne

Alabama wants to decide what hundreds of millions of American women can and can't do with their bodies. Safe to say they are fascists.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Isn't it strange that a pro life advocate would refuse to answer your question because theywould have to be in that situation to consider it fully but wants a real choice taken away from people who are in a very real situation that would affect the rest of their lives and the childs.
A more apt question would be a choice between aborting a fetus after a horrific rape or that child been born and rights given to the father who is very obvious a scumbag rapist cnut. That's a very real question that female victims of abuse face everyday. Not a hypothetical but something that can happen to any woman in our lives.
Wait, you’re talking about real little humans then, pro-lifers have no clue how to handle such, except to put said little humans into cages.

Remember, life begins at rape & the crocodile tears pro-lifers cry for the unborn evaporate once it is on the outside of the female progenator oven.

Achilles McCool

Remember, life begins at rape & the crocodile tears pro-lifers cry for the unborn evaporate once it is on the outside of the female progenator oven.
What about the other 99%?

I’ve also noticed that nobody has responded to Penna’s Real world female perspective. I don’t blame people for not wanting to see the ugly side, but you really can’t argue a position w/o acknowledging all outcomes/truths.