Aldershot Town vs. Manchester United

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Have sky put their microphones inside the Aldershot stand?

Waltraute

She-Devil
Yes, when I was there they tried to get on our coach. Not sure whether they had violence in mind or whether they wanted to worship something that moved without a horse as a god.
:lol:

First time I've had a genuine laugh since Sunday. Cheers!

Regarding commentators in games such as these, it's their job to at least try and create some excitement for the neutral viewers, so of course they'll be bigging up the underdog.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Job done. Some good performances and great to see Cleverley & Vidic back. Morrison & Pogba with decent cameos, hopefully they might actually start the next CC game.

lem8sh

2133: Aldershit threaten again and it's that man Gutteridge who has a free-kick from the edge of the area saved by Manchester United keeper Ben Amos. They're doing their best to take at least one fond memory away from this game.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
No, he plays in an eerily similar manner to Ronaldo
Yup Ronaldo is renowned for his love of playing short sharp one-two's and drifting in and out of tiny pockets of space. It doesn't really matter anyway because Ravel is the real deal.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Did Fabio actually complete a match without getting injured :eek:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
His vision is fantastic.
His understanding of space and movement too, nothing wrong with any aspect of his intelligence or passing. If he does make it in the game then it'd be hugely surprising if he didn't make it at the very top level, it's a bit all or nothing.

Even so, SAF might want to mix things up a bit after the City result - Berbatov offers something different...
Very much so but I just don't see the forward area as the place to do it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
As long as he stays out of trouble!
Hopefully, he seems to be maturing on twitter and he looked quite mature today. Always looking for the ball, tracking back and he's very confident which is a trait I like in flair players such as Ravel.

Drainy

Yup Ronaldo is renowned for his love of playing short sharp one-two's and drifting in and out of tiny pockets of space. It doesn't really matter anyway because Ravel is the real deal.
You are right. He is more on an Iniesta-type than he is a Ronaldo one.
Its like when someone in the newbies tried arguing with me that Welbeck played just like Frazier Campbell.. yes he has pace and can run in behind but that doesn't make him that type of player look at his actual strengths.

Ravel Morrison is a versatile midfield player whos key strengths are his short passing, vision, movement and ability to accelerate with the ball at his feet with good close control. The fact he can do skills and flicks too is just flavour.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
2133: Aldershit threaten again and it's that man Gutteridge who has a free-kick from the edge of the area saved by Manchester United keeper Ben Amos. They're doing their best to take at least one fond memory away from this game.

Arrogance is never a good look.
Calling Aldershot Aldershit and mocking them makes you look like a muppet especially considering the massive gulf in money and quality of players between our side and theirs.
I can understand slagging off teams far higher up the food chain but small town clubs at the other end of the leagues is pretty pathetic.

lem8sh

Calling Aldershot Aldershit and mocking them makes you look like a muppet especially considering the massive gulf in money and quality of players between our side and theirs.
I can understand slagging off teams far higher up the food chain but small town clubs at the other end of the leagues is pretty pathetic.
I'm quoting a mistake from the beeb website you gimp

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Err mate, it was just a mistake by BBC. I don't think the poster is being arrogant. Here's the pic from their live update

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
2142: With regard to a now corrected earlier entry, AlderSHOT I'm sorry. I'm so, so, so, so, so, so sorry. Sorry. That's sorry. Once for good measure; sorry.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thank Christ we weren't playing Scunthorpe...

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Valencia's screamer has gone some way to making me feel better after Sunday