6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillwuka

I'm a big fan of his link up play, he always positions himself so that he can receive a ball to then drive into the box.
I'm sure he'll see many minutes next season.

slipperyshoe

We'll do well to hold onto him without getting competitive soon. A brilliant talent
Agree with this.He must be looking around and seeing minutes being earned ahead of him from Sancho/Anthony as a massive frustration to say the least. I kind of understand Anthony as he’s a workhorse too, but don’t get Sancho being ahead of him. Was great today when he came on. Gave us a bit to shout about at least.

Off topic but I was really wanting one of the players to get the crowd up a bit, especially last 15. Even a fist pump and arm raise to the crowd would have got everyone on their feet. Sadly being in the crowd today, it felt like everyone was winded after 15 seconds!

Red Rash

Agree with this.He must be looking around and seeing minutes being earned ahead of him from Sancho/Anthony as a massive frustration to say the least. I kind of understand Anthony as he’s a workhorse too, but don’t get Sancho being ahead of him. Was great today when he came on. Gave us a bit to shout about at least.

Off topic but I was really wanting one of the players to get the crowd up a bit, especially last 15. Even a fist pump and arm raise to the crowd would have got everyone on their feet. Sadly being in the crowd today, it felt like everyone was winded after 15 seconds!
People forget he is still only 18. It's normal that we gradually start giving him more minutes and I'm sure Garnacho is away he needs to keep his level high and keep improving to get into the starting 11 ahead of more experienced players.

As usual our most dangerous player. ETHs challenge this summer is to get him ready to start games.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He was a breath of fresh air when he came on. Caused chaos with his direct dribbling which all of a sudden gave City defenders something to think about as he forced them into backpeddling. Can't wait to see him regularly start for us. Proper United winger.

Malone_Post

He’s already a better player then any of our other attackers bar Rashford. And comfortably so. Sancho, Antony, Martial etc have nothing on this kid. The fact that both him & Rashy play in the same position is incredibly frustrating though. We really need to find a way to get them both into the team on a regular basis. They’re our biggest (only?) attacking threats.

Irrational.

Kyle Walker comfortably had Sancho in his pocket without breaking a sweat. When Garnacho came his whole demeanour changed. Was unlucky not to snatch an equaliser and became our biggest attacking threat.

Big things expected, watch this space.

ManRed

He’s already a better player then any of our other attackers bar Rashford. And comfortably so. Sancho, Antony, Martial etc have nothing on this kid. The fact that both him & Rashy play in the same position is incredibly frustrating though. We really need to find a way to get them both into the team on a regular basis. They’re our biggest (only?) attacking threats.
He is the reason why we can go into next season with one ST signing. Rashford can cover both roles LW and backup ST. We also have other wingers as backup LW.

ST/Rashford/Martial

Rashford/Garnacho Antony/Sancho??

AndyMUFC

Great half an hour today, and it's a credit to him that he's become our first option off the bench. Him and Rashford playing in the same position is probably eventually going to cause a problem but for the time being he's fine with where he's at.

SER19

I thought Tierney killed the game last 15 to be honest. Basically let city end the game and it was unwatchable and only vaguely resembled a sport. Its footballs biggest problem and needs to be remedied.

K Stand Knut

This guy could cause a seriously big but arguably good problem for the club in the next 12 months.

I see a time in the near future where he HAS to start most games. He is that good that he needs to be in the starting eleven.

Rashford might have to adapt to be a number 9. Not because Garnacho is better but Garnacho is never going to be a number 9 and we’ll probably need them both in the team.

Great place to be in reality though

Baneofthegame

Feel like he’s going to have a big season next year, game changed Saturday when he came on, plus he can actually beat his man.

Hughes35

Love this kid (not in Schofield way).

The only "concern" is that he is so much better as a sub. He's obviously very young though. If he can quickly learn to put in 90 minute performances like his 20 minute cameos, then we have one of the top wingers in the prem on our hands.

Looking forward to watching him develop next season.

crossy1686

career ending
I’ve fell into the narrative that he can only play off the bench because he’s too raw and lightweight at the moment to start.

Then you see Sancho start and realise he’s lightweight and shit despite being an apparent first team player so what’s the point in not starting Garnacho?

Just start him next season, hopefully he bulks up and comes back bigger and stronger, then there’s no reason for him to be on the bench, unless of course he’s being a dick behind the scenes.

El Zoido

I’ve fell into the narrative that he can only play off the bench because he’s too raw and lightweight at the moment to start.

Then you see Sancho start and realise he’s lightweight and shit despite being an apparent first team player so what’s the point in not starting Garnacho?

Just start him next season, hopefully he bulks up and comes back bigger and stronger, then there’s no reason for him to be on the bench, unless of course he’s being a dick behind the scenes.
He’s definitely been better coming off the bench than starting, though I’m sure that’ll change next season. He’s the only real game changer we’ve got, if he starts and it’s not working, who are we going to bring on to inject life in to the game?

crossy1686

career ending
He’s definitely been better coming off the bench than starting, though I’m sure that’ll change next season. He’s the only real game changer we’ve got, if he starts and it’s not working, who are we going to bring on to inject life in to the game?
That’s the least of our worries, at the moment we know we have nothing to change a game on the pitch so we’re waiting for him to come on anyway, so why not just start him and let him learn how to manage a game instead.

mctrials23

Because Garnacho can come off the bench and easily change a game and tired defenders make that a lot more likely to happen. Garnacho doesn't do that anywhere near as well if he starts. Sancho doesn't change a game like that if he comes on as a sub.

So OK + super sub vs OK + OK sub. Easy decision.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I think us fans are setting this lad up for either a failure or success. Your pick.
Normally my comments on young players doesn’t go beyond their potential or the things they are good at. Now it’s that end of season and we need to discuss them within reality.
He is progressing quite well as we’ve all seen this season but we’re all deliberately ignoring his ability to play or being creative when the pace drops, crossing, vision,etc. It’s seem all fine for most of us as long as he can score or be brave in trying to run at people, we then herald him as the new messiah.
We are in danger of creating another Rashford here. He really needs to go into the next season adding something/work to his play making duties. He is not physically fashioned for a game built around pace or power, they should be a bonus not central. Wide players will always be inconsistent because they have the smallest space for multitude of attacking responsibilities and to deal with that, he needs his game multifaceted. Right now we are only seeing the direct/scoring focused player without a hint of top end creative potential. At his age it shouldn’t be about perfection but what his thought process is during games and working on perfecting the execution. Barring dribbling past his man and shooting I’m not seeing any other intentions, which is limiting if he is to develop into the classy player we want him to be.
Hopefully the coaches continue to work with him and the fans not disappointed whilst they are trying to develop him into a better player due our current expectations of him.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Emi Martínez: "Garnacho is a very humble boy, with a lot of desire. He is a little star who will hopefully gives us a lot".

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Lionel Scaloni: "We are excited about Garnacho and as with all the rest, the idea is to give everyone minutes".

L1nk

People are on Twitter speculating if the club is hinting at something currently

Apokalips

People are on Twitter speculating if the club is hinting at something currently
I hope not, to be honest. We give youngsters too much status and pay too soon. I love the lad, but we need to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.