6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

I hope not, to be honest. We give youngsters too much status and pay too soon. I love the lad, but we need to chill.
Ronaldo was 18 when we signed him and gave him the 7, I don't see why it's too early for Garnacho to get it. He's just signed a new modest contract too so it's not like we'll be paying him a ridiculous sum of money either. I feel like the kid will thrive off of getting the 7, he has the ego for it, like Ronaldo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
AG7 does have a ring to it, to be fair...

Dorris

God Luckhurst is unbearable. Drops it as some exclusive as if the whole United fan base with the app haven’t just had the same hint sent to their phones.

Devil You Know

His handle on Insta is @garncacho7 and on twitter it's @agarnacho7.

I think it's pretty obvious he'll eventually want the shirt. If we give it to somebody else this season, it'll be difficult to get it off them again in the future. Might as well hand it to Garnacho now. His future is no less assured than anybody else in the squad.

Teja

It's easy to be a cynic about these things and sit on the sidelines but where's the joy in that?

I'd say give it to him, he will be an incredible player for us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If he has the same output as this season or worse, with the number 7. He'll face huge criticism. I think it's too much of a gamble. Nobody should wear that shirt unless they've proven at least some of the consistency needed to ride through such a big wave of criticism.

jesperjaap

Obviously early days in both his career and minutes played, but you know there are two players in this side I feel show the confidence, characters, self belief and ability to be handed that shirt......and they are both Argentinian.

Lets be honest nobody has deserved that shirt or done it justice since Ronaldo left, they have been poor choices and none have done it justice. This lad has bags of confidence and desire, lets give him a chance to follow that dream of reaching the very top.....as it doesnt get (well didnt used to) much bigger at any football club to wear a shirt number than it does the number 7 here. He cant do any worse than the last few and there are signs of something pretty special in him, he may really prosper from it and in turn so would we.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Give him the shirt, Ronaldo was given the shirt as a kid and grew into it, let him grow into it, it’s quite clear he covets it, sancho has done nothing to deserve it.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Would want him to prove to be a regular starter and perform well before giving it. He was great coming off the bench for us, but didn't show the same level when starting

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Would want him to prove to be a regular starter and perform well before giving it. He was great coming off the bench for us, but didn't show the same level when starting
He's not even a right winger FFS. Give him Giggsy's shirt if we must but let him earn the 7. Much as I like the lad he's not as good as Ronaldo and the shirt can sit until he or someone else is ready.

Redo91

If he has the same output as this season or worse, with the number 7. He'll face huge criticism. I think it's too much of a gamble. Nobody should wear that shirt unless they've proven at least some of the consistency needed to ride through such a big wave of criticism.
To be fair, despite being younger than him, he had a better output in his first season than Ronaldo in his first. I think he will relish it. Nobody has handled it well since Ronaldo left in 2009 but unlike Garnacho I don’t think the others that have had it were up to it.

Gordon S

That classic nr 7 shirt doesn`t seem to lift anyone that isn`t properly ready for it.
Aaaand no, he is not even remotely as strong and talented as Ronaldo was, so the comparisons with him getting the shirt young doesn`t mean much.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Number 7 shirt at United should be all about excitement. He is the most exciting prospect at the club right now and we immediately look better every time he comes on.

Give it to him!

L1nk

He's not even a right winger FFS. Give him Giggsy's shirt if we must but let him earn the 7. Much as I like the lad he's not as good as Ronaldo and the shirt can sit until he or someone else is ready.
What is this post.

Why does it matter if he’s a left or right winger having the shirt? Michael bloody Owen had it ffs. Who amongst Ronaldo, Owen, Depay and others actually earned it? They were given the 7 because of belief, 18 year old Ronaldo had it and he had talent but he wasn’t exactly great except for his party tricks

This weird gatekeeping of a number is baffling

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It will be like a new signing when we give him new number.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What is this post.

Why does it matter if he’s a left or right winger having the shirt? Michael bloody Owen had it ffs. Who amongst Ronaldo, Owen, Depay and others actually earned it? They were given the 7 because of belief, 18 year old Ronaldo had it and he had talent but he wasn’t exactly great except for his party tricks

This weird gatekeeping of a number is baffling
You seem angry.

L1nk

You seem angry.
Me? What is there to even get angry about? :lol: This is an internet forum where we share opinions and you got mad and wet the bed at the thought of giving one of our players the number 7, the fact you can’t even rebuke my post but just say what you said tells me everything I need to know :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Where have all the talents gone
Long time passing
Long time ago
Owen ruined for everyone
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Owen's only contribution was scoring that late winning goal against City. But at what price? at the price of no 7 being cursed, him talking shit about United and wanking off Liverpool as a pundit with a lot of airtime (for a decade++) and he got a PL medal to himself. Probably one of the worst things that has ever happened in Sports history.

RonaldoVII

Assume his number is changing as you can't select his name/number on the United store with the new kit launch. I think he should get a lower number but 49 to 7 in one go is a stretch.

L1nk

No guarantee it's the 7 but i'd guess definite number change yeah

OverratedOpinion

Hope him not getting number 7 wont rub him the wrong way when Madrid comes sniffing.
Madrid has one of the top 5 players in the world who plays the same position as Garnacho and is about 22. Garnacho has had one promising season.

Doom mongers on this website.

OverratedOpinion

That's how Madrid works, they take them while they're new and fresh.
Right well if a teenager who has had about half a decent season is already dreaming of Madrid because we didn't give him a specific shirt number then he's probably not going to be here very long regardless. (Assuming Madrid are interested. Which there is nothing to say they are.)

Luckily this is just a hypothetical that you are inventing in your own mind based off nothing.

Real Name

Right well if a teenager who has had about half a decent season is already dreaming of Madrid because we didn't give him a specific shirt number then he's probably not going to be here very long regardless. (Assuming Madrid are interested. Which there is nothing to say they are.)

Luckily this is just a hypothetical that you are inventing in your own mind based off nothing.
Seems that wee joke just flew over your head I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.