2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

Dont think much of the title of the video, but its nice to have a video of some of his early development history before United. Some good dribbling in there

Man Utd 2:2 Tottenham

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's a real battler and I thought some of his control today was really good but he's still naturally inconsistent in other aspects of his game but he's a bright spark for us at this time, no doubt.

Ekeke

Technique was really shaky today and Udogie had the determination and pace to see off most of his attacks

flameinthesun

He's a real battler and I thought some of his control today was really good but he's still naturally inconsistent in other aspects of his game but he's a bright spark for us at this time, no doubt.
Yeah he's a fighter for sure, what he is lacking at the moment is a bit more strength to his game. He's got the feet and speed but hopefully can pack on some muscle. He's not going to have a Ronaldo build as he's much shorter but even Ronaldo was still skinny at his age. Hopefully we get him on some protein and in the gym in the summer.

lex talionis

Worked hard but he’s not yet the type of forward can lift struggling teammates out of their stupor.

BorisManUtd

5/10. Almost got an assist at the very end though. Thought Udogie kept him in his pocket for most of the game.

RuudTom83

Had a good battle with Udogie today.

Both are quality young players so there is zero need to criticise Garnacho for that performance.

Pickle85

Worked hard and never let his head drop. One of the few bright points of this season.

massey

Had a good battle with Udogie today.

Both are quality young players so there is zero need to criticise Garnacho for that performance.
Agreed wasn't his best day but he tries which is something and even when not totally on it still provides usually.One of our more unselfish players at his age which is a surprise considering what's around him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Had a tough game but I love watching him on the right to be honest. He has become so key for us to progress the ball, he's so involved in our build up play and the way he's playing on the right, I can definitely see that being his main position long term. I like him more there than on the left. Just opens up your angles far better.

Also, that was a pen on him. Shit ref call again. Twice he's been denied a pen vs Spurs

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He actively looks for his teammates. How fecking refreshing is that from our wide players.

united for life

He is with no doubt a skillful player with great potential. To fulfill this potential, an area that the coaching staff need to focus on is his physical ability. He was bullied yesterday by Udogie and will always be bullied by similar type of fullbacks unless he improves physically.

Rossa

5/10. Almost got an assist at the very end though. Thought Udogie kept him in his pocket for most of the game.
Udogie certainly has the pace and strength to keep Garnacho, and most wingers, in check. However, being able to foul him repeatedly without being penalised for it will also make him come out on top of those situations. If the ref does his job, then Udogie can't go in like he did.

Kostov

Udogie just fouled him constantly and the ref turned a blind eye to it. He made toast of him early in the game, I think he was much better than Rashford for example.

El Jefe

Has little skill in beating his man so if they can match him for pace or get close enough to outmuscle him then he struggles beating the fullback. His moves are really easy to read, the coaches need to work on this with him.

Saying that, he still manages to be threatening and makes things happen. Easily the best option on the right at the moment.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A learning experience for him today. Udogie got the better of him physically and the referee also allowed him to get away with a lot of uncalled fouls. Games like this will happen. Would've switched him to the opposite flank to take on the much weaker Porro who Rashford didn't manage to beat once.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He did feature on the left in the closing few minutes. And looked just as comfortable.
I believe he set up McToms headed chance.

Ekeke

He did feature on the left in the closing few minutes. And looked just as comfortable.
I believe he set up McToms headed chance.
Yes. With the best thing he did in the match and maybe even the best cross in the match. Very good inswinger for McTom to miss a sitter

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes. With the best thing he did in the match and maybe even the best cross in the match. Very good inswinger for McTom to miss a sitter
Might be remembering wrong but he put a good ball in from the right too, Hojlund was a bit off the pace with his movement to the near post, but he ball in was very good
I thought he had a decent game overall to be honest

Ekeke

Might be remembering wrong but he put a good ball in from the right too, Hojlund was a bit off the pace with his movement to the near post, but he ball in was very good
I thought he had a decent game overall to be honest
He put that one at least a few inches too high. Was worth the effort though

poleglass red

not a great game, he'll learn from it, got bullied by Udogie, who is a good player in fairness. He's young, but really needs to work on his strength and I'm sure the club are working on that. I'd of switched him from that flank a lot earlier, it was clear pretty quickly, he wasn't getting much change from Udogie. We have an issue with our wingers, they don't track back, it means our mid is overloaded when the opposition full backs come forward. Our midfield isn't quick or overly aggressive so Spurs always had width out wide due to the extra man.

Rossa

Udogie just fouled him constantly and the ref turned a blind eye to it. He made toast of him early in the game, I think he was much better than Rashford for example.
You're right. If the ref had done his part, then Udogie couldn't keep fouling him and get away with it. A couple of times Garnacho outpaced Udogie on the first yards, and then Udogie just rammed into his body from behind - that's OK, according to the ref. But if you touch Richarlison on the other end of the pitch, it's a free kick. Fecking annoying that.

Of course it alters the dynamic - the defender knows he's getting away by ramming into the player time and time again. The attacker starts to get apprehensive about taking him on... Annoying refereeing that.

Rossa

not a great game, he'll learn from it, got bullied by Udogie, who is a good player in fairness. He's young, but really needs to work on his strength and I'm sure the club are working on that. I'd of switched him from that flank a lot earlier, it was clear pretty quickly, he wasn't getting much change from Udogie. We have an issue with our wingers, they don't track back, it means our mid is overloaded when the opposition full backs come forward. Our midfield isn't quick or overly aggressive so Spurs always had width out wide due to the extra man.
Bullied is the right word - the ref should see to an end of that.

bosnian_red

Has little skill in beating his man so if they can match him for pace or get close enough to outmuscle him then he struggles beating the fullback. His moves are really easy to read, the coaches need to work on this with him.

Saying that, he still manages to be threatening and makes things happen. Easily the best option on the right at the moment.
I think he's great at beating his man but as you say, pace and strength from a fullback if they can match him then they will get back in and shrug him off it, as he's skinny still. That's not a surprise though, he's 19, that part will naturally develop.

Kostov

You're right. If the ref had done his part, then Udogie couldn't keep fouling him and get away with it. A couple of times Garnacho outpaced Udogie on the first yards, and then Udogie just rammed into his body from behind - that's OK, according to the ref. But if you touch Richarlison on the other end of the pitch, it's a free kick. Fecking annoying that.

Of course it alters the dynamic - the defender knows he's getting away by ramming into the player time and time again. The attacker starts to get apprehensive about taking him on... Annoying refereeing that.
The ref was crap, amateurish cnut.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Decent, not his best game but his last minute cross was right on the money, and it was missed

developing well. Just wish he had a little bit more pace which would allow him to get away more from fullbacks

Newport County 2:4 Man Utd

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely shocking performance in terms of maturity today. Greedy, poor decision making and not reading the bounce of the ball at the end summed him up. Would drop him if we had anyone else decent behind him.

bosnian_red

Struggled today with end product, but I like the attitude and how he keeps going.

I like him much more on the right though. I think it opens up his angles much better naturally for him to lift his head up, and he can provide to hojlund much better on his right rather than with his left.

Superunknown

He came across like a selfish twat today. The type of performance where Sir Alex would have torn strips off him at full time, or whenever he hooked him off.

He's started that slide into 'unlikeable' faster than I thought he would.

DavelinaJolie

Performance was a bit Rashford-esque if I'm honest. Very selfish. But unlike Rashford he kept trying to beat his man.