2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

El Zoido

Not his best game, but he’s dangerous driving in to the box. Defenders back off him. He needs a good summer break but he’s definitely nailed down this position.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Not his best game, but he’s dangerous driving in to the box. Defenders back off him. He needs a good summer break but he’s definitely nailed down this position.
Highly likely he is going to the Copa with Argentina .

Unam333

That's why he's starting. He is so dangerous on the break and defenders backing off him, sometimes even getting corners.

JohnnyLaw

Cost us two games in a row now.
Still, he’s just a kid and head and shoulders our most threatening attacker at the moment.

Red Royal

Very wasteful today but a lot of fans forget just how young he is and that he is only playing so much at this point because Sancho and Rashford have been atrocious this season.

Oranges038

Full of running as always, goes down a bit too easy at times. He needs to slow down a bit and play with his head up. Also think his dribbling needs work, ball gets too far away from his feet at times, makes it easier for defenders to pinch it off him.

He's still young and has the raw talent and work rate that should see him become a top player.

Stadjer

Very wasteful today but a lot of fans forget just how young he is and that he is only playing so much at this point because Sancho and Rashford have been atrocious this season.
Yeah. Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund are playing as starters at their very young age because the generation above them, who should be the star players, all failed or arent good enough. Right now we should have prime Rashford, prime Sancho and prime Martial leading the attack and not Garnacho and Hojlund.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's a horrible cheat. His two dives in the box were pathetic.

Focusing fully on actually advancing with the ball and beating a player is far more likely to win a penalty than focusing on where the nearest leg you can kick to initiate contact.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Focusing fully on actually advancing with the ball and beating a player is far more likely to win a penalty than focusing on where the nearest leg you can kick to initiate contact.
@BenitoSTARR is gonna want words with you :D

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought the one at the 74th minute was a foul on him. There is a lot of contact from the defenders left foot. Garnacho hams up the reaction, but it's definitely a trip.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

He rolls around and feigns injury a lot too. Becoming quite unlikable for a homegrown youngster. ETH needs to rest him for a game or two.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
potential is there but he needs about 6 xG per goal. Absolutely terrible finisher for someone who goes for it about 10 times a game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Needs to work a lot on his finishing and final third intelligence. I thought he made a lot of progress in his defensive effort and positioning in the first half of the season, these are the next areas he needs to develop.

Lyng

He's turned into a greedy player and a cheat. I dislike the player he's becoming
I think ita largely down to the system and manager. Still believe Garnacho can be turned into an assist machine in a better system.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
His stats on champ manager would be 17 pace, 16 dribbling, 9 finishing. He is terrible at finishing, something he must work on.

SER19

surprised people are criticisng him for going down under the oshea foul on him, in the side angle you can see he clearly kicks him, and its absolutely a penalty if the standards are the ones awarded against us lately.

SER19

His stats on champ manager would be 17 pace, 16 dribbling, 9 finishing. He is terrible at finishing, something he must work on.
its funny because his earlier goals for us showed some really high quality finishing. I cant remember who they were against but if you see a video of his goals from last season he had some lovely finishes in high pressure, also the disallowed one away at arsenal was a lovely finish. He seems to have lost that touch though, some shockers in recent weeks

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Needs to work a lot on his finishing and final third intelligence. I thought he made a lot of progress in his defensive effort and positioning in the first half of the season, these are the next areas he needs to develop.
He needs to work on his strength, balance and agility. Sure he is selfish and his finishing could improve but that will come with game experience. If he doesn't work on his physical traits like Ronaldo did, he won't become a top player imo.

abkmufc92

Costs us yet another game by being a selfish cnut, I wouldn't start him in another game this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's turned into a greedy player and a cheat. I dislike the player he's becoming
Wouldn't say that. I just think he's a much better right winger than left winger. Said it ages ago. On the left, a player wants to cut in on their strongest foot and always thinks they can do the curl into the corner finish and they can do so without lifting their head up. Same problem Rashford has. On the right he naturally lifts his head up and sees his options while he still is capable of strong left footed shots, he's much less selfish, and he's a much better player. Everyone has the odd bad game but he's a far better prospect as a right winger than a left.

pascell

I'm just putting it down to overliance and pressure on him to deliver, we shouldn't be so reliant on him.

He's also been vastly overplayed this season, he needed Rashford to hit a purple patch and Antony to deliver, so there was time to breath for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
its funny because his earlier goals for us showed some really high quality finishing. I cant remember who they were against but if you see a video of his goals from last season he had some lovely finishes in high pressure, also the disallowed one away at arsenal was a lovely finish. He seems to have lost that touch though, some shockers in recent weeks
All from the left. Like Sancho his best position is locked down by enough is enough.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wouldn't say that. I just think he's a much better right winger than left winger. Said it ages ago. On the left, a player wants to cut in on their strongest foot and always thinks they can do the curl into the corner finish and they can do so without lifting their head up. Same problem Rashford has. On the right he naturally lifts his head up and sees his options while he still is capable of strong left footed shots, he's much less selfish, and he's a much better player. Everyone has the odd bad game but he's a far better prospect as a right winger than a left.
If a position turns a player into a more selfish version then something is wrong with him. I've seen cut and try to shoot on his left when playing from the right

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If a position turns a player into a more selfish version then something is wrong with him. I've seen cut and try to shoot on his left when playing from the right
Nah it's just different areas of the pitch make people play different ways. Nothing wrong with him, on the left he just a bit in a tunnel and like everyone, wants to take it on his right foot because the player he is. On the right that drives him to be a creator and not a scorer.

And yes, on the right he can cut in and shoot but he's mainly right footed so he'll naturally lift his head up far more. Players don't play the same on both wings, it's rare that they can even play on both these days. He's a different type of player when playing left wing vs right wing. Just a much higher ceiling on the right, he's more patient, makes better decisions, more composed. Kind of like Nani, he was always far better on the right for me. Decision making went down the drain on the left.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nah it's just different areas of the pitch make people play different ways. Nothing wrong with him, on the left he just a bit in a tunnel and like everyone, wants to take it on his right foot because the player he is. On the right that drives him to be a creator and not a scorer.

And yes, on the right he can cut in and shoot but he's mainly right footed so he'll naturally lift his head up far more. Players don't play the same on both wings, it's rare that they can even play on both these days. He's a different type of player when playing left wing vs right wing. Just a much higher ceiling on the right, he's more patient, makes better decisions, more composed. Kind of like Nani, he was always far better on the right for me. Decision making went down the drain on the left.
If a position can affect that much a player in terms of basic football IQ (the passing openings yesterday weren't hard to spot) then the player is question is problematic.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'm never dssapointed with him. He never stops trying or being dangerous. Even on off days. For me he is twice the player on the right than he is on the left. Im still glad he can operate on both flanks regardless and will get even better as decision making improves with maturity. As it stands now IMO he should be our first choice RW going forward.