2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Levenstein

Gives out some CR7 vibes - He probably tries to be like him as well. Very happy for the lad

LDUred

That goal he scored against Everton has really given him self-belief. He's box office.

always_hoping

Was my MOTM. Yes it didn't always come off for him but everything that was good about United's attacking play came from him. Serious work rate he put in also winning plenty of turn overs. Under a good coach now that can bring the best out of him.

Mr Smith

Ready to be the regular starter on the left. He's still raw and doesn't always make the right decision, but he's so positive, works his socks off, and scares the daylights out of defenders. Great to still have these young stars coming through our ranks.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His first touch is seriously impressive.
Wish he tried to build more of his own identity than copying that Portuguese guy, step overs come to mind.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think tonight he showed completely new level that we didn't see before. The repetitivness was amazing, I didn't expect him to have such an energy, which definitely mean it will be harder to fail if he continues fighting in games where everything is against him.

End product was missing, but he still assisted one goal and created two or three good chances (Maguire before Scott's first goal), but he will score and assist a lot in the future, I am sure of it.

Red_Aaron

Was my motm
A constant menace, gave both Chelsea fbs a torrid time. Most impressive for me was he never let his confidence slip, not everything came off, he didn't always choose the right option but it never dampened his spirit.
Was relentless for 90 mins - setting a standard as a teenager shows real character
Love him

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
He offers so much more than Rashford, dedicated pressing, always running, lookong for positions, never hiding.
What a player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
LW should be his for the foreseeable. All the moreso with how Rashford decided to play when he came on…

Born2Lose

Massive respect to Garnacho, could easily have thrown his toys out of the pram seeing Rashford being unfairly chosen ahead of him, but showed some grit and kept plugging away.

That cross for the 2nd goal was beautiful.

BehemothTerror

Very good and was a real pain for Chelsea on the left. Just feel his finishing was miles off, he could easily have had a hatrick

sugar_kane

The real deal this kid.

Unlike a lot of academy prospects we've got excited about over the last few years he's got more than just talent, he's got the fire as well. You can genuinely tell he wants to (and maybe he believes he can) be the best player in the world.

A lot of the other Academy talents you get the impression would be just as happy playing Fifa or at Nando's as they would playing football.

DavelinaJolie

Absolute ball of energy and a constant threat down the left. Did start to tire at the end, and his crossing and some decision making is not great but hopefully that comes with time.

chocolate cloud

was fantastic watching him. He's elevated his game from super sub to starter. He's streets ahead of rashford with his work-rate and productivity. I loved him last night. always a threat and a constant menace.

Rossa

Gives out some CR7 vibes - He probably tries to be like him as well. Very happy for the lad
I don't think he's very similar at all. Ronaldo was much faster, especially over distance. I think for Garnacho to reach the next level, he needs to find a similar training program that Ronaldo used to improve his speed and strength. Too often Garnacho is able to get past his defender, but he struggles to keep ahead of them over distance, so I think the comparisons to Ronaldo and especially a young Giggs are not quite there. He's more Mahrez like in his approach - likes to dribble, great in tight spaces and a low centre of gravity. He's not the player to pick up the ball on the half-way line and run through the opposing team though.

Hoof the ball

I'm shocked that no one noticed that he repeated in almost picture perfect fashion the assist from the City game last season to Rashford.

The swivel and turn and the square ball across the six yard box (that Hojlund just missed).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't think he's very similar at all. Ronaldo was much faster, especially over distance. I think for Garnacho to reach the next level, he needs to find a similar training program that Ronaldo used to improve his speed and strength. Too often Garnacho is able to get past his defender, but he struggles to keep ahead of them over distance, so I think the comparisons to Ronaldo and especially a young Giggs are not quite there. He's more Mahrez like in his approach - likes to dribble, great in tight spaces and a low centre of gravity. He's not the player to pick up the ball on the half-way line and run through the opposing team though.
Indeed. It is always quite subjective to try to compare certain players.
Garnacho is still quite young and rough around the edges and in need of improved coaching.
For me, he is good getting past the first man but not the 2nd defender.
But he has a certain attitude which must not be coached out.
He is not afraid of anyone.

flameinthesun

I think for a 19 yo winger..... he is very clever. He's starting to understand when to keep the ball and when to attack, when to cross and when to pass. He just needs to keep his head down and keep improving. If he can find a bit more physicality he will become a hell of a player.

Rossa

Indeed. It is always quite subjective to try to compare certain players.
Garnacho is still quite young and rough around the edges and in need of improved coaching.
For me, he is good getting past the first man but not the 2nd defender.
But he has a certain attitude which must not be coached out.
He is not afraid of anyone.
Definitely. He's our most exciting player to watch, by some margin. He needs to keep going, but I also think he needs to work on the physical aspect of his game, which he will.

jesperjaap

Still raw and improving, which isnt a criticism at all, the opposite if anything.

He hasnt gone up a level at all for me as some people are mentioning, in fact his short term goal is to put in performances when he is starting more like last years suib appareances....he isnt getting there yet, but the last couple of games he has played well from the start. If he starts doing that he is a shoe in as a starter

crossy1686

career ending
He’s developed physically and is now making an impact when he starts. He’s getting more consistent also, he’s going to end up being our first choice left winger by next season. He’s been so close to getting a brace on many occasions, once he hones that cut inside he’ll be lethal.

Longshanks

Played well last night questionable decision making at times which is to be expected because of his age and inexperience.

The pace that he moves with the ball and his directness must be quite a terrifying prospect for opposing defenders.

TrailMonkey

Was my MOTM. Yes it didn't always come off for him but everything that was good about United's attacking play came from him. Serious work rate he put in also winning plenty of turn overs. Under a good coach now that can bring the best out of him.
Pretty much this. Not sure he's my MOTM but that doesn't matter. What's important is that he always looks to attack, has decent pace, doesn't over-complicate things too often, and takes responsibility. He'll make mistakes but he's only 19.

Lee565

Still raw but would rather a season of potentially missing top 4 but giving youngsters like him a proper chance instead of missing out on top 4 with the same old senior players that have already been proven to not be reliable in a consistent basis

Mike Smalling

Still raw but would rather a season of potentially missing top 4 but giving youngsters like him a proper chance instead of missing out on top 4 with the same old senior players that have already been proven to not be reliable in a consistent basis
As things stand, it's not even just a matter of providing chances to youngsters. Garnacho gives us a better chance than Rashford of winning games - it's not even close on recent form.

philippexyz

Last night he definitely showed that he belongs in the PL and that he's capable of being a starter.

I hope he keeps improving and becomes our starting left winger for the considerable future, 10+ years.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The boy is doing great. Always a danger even though he is often too naive. However, he will become our best attacker within the next 1-2 years no doubt.

AFC NimbleThumb

If this iteration of Garnacho is your best attacker your team isn’t destined for much.

There’s promise there but him being our new nailed on LW is a problem of quality if anything.

SAF is the GOAT

1:25 next stage of this kid's development will be to deceive the defender, take the ball with his right to his left foot into the box and try to finish in front of the keeper, that's what I want to see from him

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s a 19 year old who has played consistently well for 2/3 weeks for the first time in his career, whose career highlights come against Fulham & Everton; currently the most reliable attacking threat in attacking line with 2 £60mil+ youngsters who can’t be relied upon to fulfil their roles at the top level.

Does that mean he’s a bad player? No, that’s not what I said but if that is Manchester United’s No.1 attacking threat there’s cause for concern over what that actually means.

He’s currently a pest to defences at best, he’s appeared [obviously not all starts] in 13 league games this season having 1 goal & 1 assist. I’m saying people should be realistic is all. Top talent who quite frankly shouldn’t be any team with proper ambitions nailed on anything, yet.