2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borussia Teeth

He commit suicide with a stupidly high line, when dropping back into a midblock and playing in transition would've probably won them the game after taking a 2-0 lead. But I'm not complaining and I'm glad we won and it was great to see Garnacho make the difference with Hojlund scoring his first league goal.
It seems we're in agreement but I do admire a coach who implements a system and sticks to his guns.

always_hoping

Probably best performances in a United shirt. Young and will be inconsistent but he's one of the few current United players that gets bums off seats.

Passitlikescholes

That offside and the shot at the far post instead of laying it off to Hojlund for an easy tap in, he has to get these right. They're simple, simple decisions and if they go in, it makes the game so much easier for us

Alemar

Excellent today. He must continue on the right in case Rashford also starts.

always_hoping

Absolutely superb and after Unai Emery, he was our best player. Emery's tactics were absolutely dumb beyond belief and even after being gifted a 2 goal lead from set-pieces, he carried on with a high line, which was so aggressive that he was leaving only two players on the half way line, which completely played into our hands with Garnacho, Rashford, Bruno, Eriksen, Onana etc.
Emery has been playing those high line tactics all season. Has allowed them to be well ahead of the rest for catching the opposition offside and have then in the top 4.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That offside and the shot at the far post instead of laying it off to Hojlund for an easy tap in, he has to get these right. They're simple, simple decisions and if they go in, it makes the game so much easier for us
That offside is on Rashford. I have no idea why would Rashford pass from there. You have pace to Burn so carry the ball forward and then make a call to pass or shoot.

Serious lack of intelligence from Rashford. Nothing on Garnacho. He was racing to be the first option in the box.

Passitlikescholes

That offside is on Rashford. I have no idea why would Rashford pass from there. You have pace to Burn so carry the ball forward and then make a call to pass or shoot.

Serious lack of intelligence from Rashford. Nothing on Garnacho. He was racing to be the first option in the box.
You're joking right?

Rashford played the right ball, all Garnacho had to do was keep onside, all their defenders were behind both Rashford and Garnacho.

That's completely on Garnacho

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You're joking right?

Rashford played the right ball, all Garnacho had to do was keep onside, all their defenders were behind both Rashford and Garnacho.

That's completely on Garnacho
Why the feck would I joke. You don't pass from there. Not even sure why would you not take the ball forward.

Doracle

Because he can play it into Garnacho in the centre of the goal before the defenders have any chance to get back and no way he can tell Nacho has just got ahead of him at that pace. I don’t blame Nacho either - it was superb play by both of them. Just occasionally those close calls go against you.

MrBest

Just reminds me of a young ronaldo. So raw, mistake prone, tonnes of confidence and talent. Not sure what his attitude is like in general but strikes me as a gem, good personality and wants to learn. Could have thought he made it like the januzaj and macheda days, could have spiralled down after being dropped at the start of the season, but has gone from strength to strength.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They're the things you'd look for him to improve on as he develops.
Very good performance today even with that. Always looking to make something happen and brought us back into the game with some great composure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems we're in agreement but I do admire a coach who implements a system and sticks to his guns.
I also admire a coach who sticks to his system but within that system there has to be flexibility, and with Emery there was no flexibility and he's carried on with a stupidly high line even when his team was in control of the game. You can still implement a positional game in possession by dropping back and being more compact, whilst taking advantage of the transition threat posed by your own attacking players. But he's now done that twice at Old Trafford and it's played into our hands twice. He had his CBs marking Hojlund in a high line but the space for both Rashford and Garnacho to exploit was always there and he allowed it to continue for most of the game.

But like I've already said, I'm glad we won and hopefully we can build some momentum going forward.

Passitlikescholes

They're the things you'd look for him to improve on as he develops.
Very good performance today even with that. Always looking to make something happen and brought us back into the game with some great composure.
Definitely good performance, just want him to fix up some of the simpler decisions he makes on the field.

KjaAnd

So happy for him. He’s still very raw (especially in his decision making) but he makes up for it with his tenacity and natural ability. I hope he stays on the right though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Emery has been playing those high line tactics all season. Has allowed them to be well ahead of the rest for catching the opposition offside and have then in the top 4.
I know he has, but imo, if he doesn't adapt soon, then Villa's upturn in fortune weren't last long under him. He's now committed suicide twice at Old Trafford.

Borussia Teeth

Glad he did well on the right. I thought he would be ineffective there (similar to Rashford) but that was probably his best all round performance of the season.

Borussia Teeth

I also admire a coach who sticks to his system but within that system there has to be flexibility, and with Emery there was no flexibility and he's carried on with a stupidly high line even when his team was in control of the game. You can still implement a positional game in possession by dropping back and being more compact, whilst taking advantage of the transition threat posed by your own attacking players. But he's now done that twice at Old Trafford and it's played into our hands twice. He had his CBs marking Hojlund in a high line but the space for both Rashford and Garnacho to exploit was always there and he allowed it to continue for most of the game.

But like I've already said, I'm glad we won and hopefully we can build some momentum going forward.
Yeah, they definitely should have dropped deeper at 2 nil. Especially with the way we struggle to break teams down.

Also agree with you that we should be positive about the result and hopefully gain momentum.

Scottynaldinho

He's the closest thing to being the "real deal". He has the tenacity to churn out a great career and has the talent to go with it. I love his directness.

He puts his bones on the line. Absolutely relentless.

Marwood

I've always thought he'd suit playing on the right because he's more old school than the likes of Rashford. Playing on his strong side should work and I'm amazed we've not tried it before.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He reminded me a bit of Kanchelskis tonight. Watch the fecking line though man.

Chicharito_

Can he get quicker?

Just feel it's the only thing missing from him having world class potential.

RuudTom83

People judge him as he was a 27 year old.
He is 19 and will improve alot, imagine him then. He will be amazing, i am sure.
Exactly!

Also any young player these days will be so connected to social media, it can't be easy to deal with the highs or the lows.

From game to game you are going to get very different performances, but at this stage it's all about giving him as much experience as possible. He ran himself into the ground tonight so we all need to bare that in mind come Saturday.

Just enjoy the ups and downs.

Alemar

He reminded me a bit of Kanchelskis tonight. Watch the fecking line though man.
It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get prime Kanchelskis incarnate on the right, to be frank. But I think Kanchelskis was faster, but Garnacho has better technique and much higher potential

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels slightly nuts we hadn’t played him on the right with Rashford left until now.

Alemar

Feels slightly nuts we hadn’t played him on the right with Rashford left until now.
Antony may struggle to get back to the starting eleven now, especially as Amad is also nearing fitness. But it also depends on Rashford, whether he keeps trying.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Antony may struggle to get back to the starting eleven now, especially as Amad is also nearing fitness. But it also depends on Rashford, whether he keeps trying.
Still doing the Rashford/Antony trying narrative, are we?