2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RedDevilQuebecois

Constantly fluffs decent chances with a poor touch or not being able to sort his feet.

Needs to be more composed around the box.
This is where those misses in the last few matches are abslutely criminal by any standard in the imagination. Furthermore, his crossing really sucks when that is supposed to be his primary job as a winger.

People are not kind at all with Garnacho out there, especially with the comparisons between him and Adnan Januzaj. I can't say I blame them for making the comparisons.

Devil81

That chance missed today cost us the game in my opinion, it changes West Hams approach and opens it up for us.

I don't blame him, he's a kid. He should be an impact player but Rashford has forced him into the side.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm honestly not sure he's that talented. Could be wrong though.

There were a few posters comparing his talent favorably to Greenwood. It's not even close between the 2(strictly speaking on football talent only).

Andrew Richmond

Far from the finished product. I think he has considerable improvement to come and obviously would benefit from better players around him.

AFC NimbleThumb

I called it after the overhead kick, the boy is not anywhere near the talent people proclaim both Adnan & Getafe’s no.12 would have benched this boy.

I will repeat it. If Garnacho is a club of United’s ‘ambitions’ starting LW that is a massive sign in of a lack of quality.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I called it after the overhead kick, the boy is not anywhere near the talent people proclaim both Adnan & Getafe’s no.12 would have benched this boy.

I will repeat it. If Garnacho is a club of United’s ‘ambitions’ starting LW that is a massive sign in of a lack of quality.
He’s 19.

Conor

We're in the unfortunate situation where we need him to finish basically all of the few clear cut chances that he gets, but there are probably a few 19 year olds every decade that could actually do that.

Red Rash

Highly talented but he is young and inconsistent which is to be expected.

Not helped by the amount of pressure on him to deliver and how poor the rest of our team is at the moment. Definitely isn't the problem and is one of the players we should be looking to build the team around in the next few years.

satish_united

Needs to be benched for a while. Really wasteful with the best chances we had , which by the way came out of Westham's mistakes.

Apart from that, seem to really struggle to make any impact. It's unfortunate that we had to start him and he cannot learn from any other senior / better wingers!

Tony247

I think that wondergoal made him think he is a Rooney. Now he always shoot at stars.

lex talionis

None of our attacking players have demonstrated any ability to consistently finish on good chances for a long time, going back to the last days of the Ferguson years.

UnitedRepublic

Highly talented but he is young and inconsistent which is to be expected.

Not helped by the amount of pressure on him to deliver and how poor the rest of our team is at the moment. Definitely isn't the problem and is one of the players we should be looking to build the team around in the next few years.
This is the problem why would you build around him he hasn’t even showed he’s anything to build around we as United fans overrate our youngsters he’s no Lamine Yamal. He’s a squad players thats it he shouldn’t be starting. He can run at a player but thats it that is what he’s shown so far nothing else. No close controll dribbling in tight spaces, no great passing he is a very basic winger and his potential is not as high as we United fans think.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is where I’m at with it, we need to start calling things as they are or we end up in another Rashford situation where we inflate a players ability and ego and offer them an undeserved contract because they’re from the youth team.

I get the feeling on here people want to believe Garnacho is a future star. I assess things the opposite and I’m waiting for Garnacho to prove that. He’s had some really bad starts but they just fly under the radar.

I see him touted as a massive talent but what I see so far and potential wise is Theo Walcott with considerably less pace. Now that is still a good player of course but not the top talent some would have you believe he is.
More or less agree with your post, but he's extremely young so I reserve judgement and rarely contribute in this thread because so many factors produce caveats at the moment.

In terms of raw talent, though, he's some way off watching, say, a young Giggs who burst out the traps and was immediately one of the best dribblers in the country and one of the quickest etc. Basically world class in the making.

He needs a proper coach and solid team around him. At the moment, everything is chaotic and produces the worst conditions for linear, constructive development.

Hoping he gets to the top, but it won't be a surprise if he doesn't.

Ekeke

Not perfect but ladies and gentlemen we have a right winger with some end product. Motm. Dissappointed a few times but was undeniably a constant threat who kept trying and who got the goal he deserved to get then pounced on another. He will get better

Castia

Solid on the right

An hamsters cock distance from getting a hattrick

aeh1991

Take that, Antony! AG's half a good player on the right as he is on the left, but still by miles our best RW!

Rossa

Brilliant today! Looked more efficient taking on his man on the right. Also looked properly fast today. Helped us counter, and those two goals! Great display!

Walters_19_MuFc

So, he played on the right today and was amazing. Why hasn't this been tried before?

Either way, great performance from him today. Absolutely relentless!

el3mel

That's why I said earlier people are way too harsh on him. He's a youngster. Of course he'll have poor games and inconsistency from time to time. Inevitable at this age.

But there's no doubt his talent or quality. If he develops properly, we have a proper player on our hands.

tob

Needs to start playing on the right more surely??
Yes. His future is on the right wing.

Much better when he can have the ball further away from the defender. Also more unpredictable when he’s more comfortable going both outside and inside.