2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RedIan

Same thing as Mainoo. In a functioning side they'd be the 3rd winger and 4th midfielder, starting when there's an injury, lots of sub appearances and with established players around them, everyone moaning they should play more, instead of being our clear first choice winger and #8.
No, if your good enough your old enough. Fergie won a title with kids. Garnacho is the real deal. Its not his fault hes playing with several wasters. I wish we would play more kids with his talent
clear motm last night.

Sylar

Same thing as Mainoo. In a functioning side they'd be the 3rd winger and 4th midfielder, starting when there's an injury, lots of sub appearances and with established players around them, everyone moaning they should play more, instead of being our clear first choice winger and #8.
Now that garnacho and mainoo are established they would be better off with better, smarter players to help them get to the next level

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
My mate ended up talking to some of his family a few weeks ago at a match.

Apparently, Garnacho and all the family fecking love United. The player himself is buzzing from everyone singing his name every week and he wants to settle in Manchester now he has a young family. I found that reassuring.

I thought he was ace again last night. He's a proper fearless United player. Let's hope we build the next great United team around him.

Mike Smalling

He’s pretty fit isn’t he? Seems like he can run up and down the wing all game and still take high intensity runs towards the end. A big part of his goal return this season is simply getting himself in many good positions.

Red Rash

My mate ended up talking to some of his family a few weeks ago at a match.

Apparently, Garnacho and all the family fecking love United. The player himself is buzzing from everyone singing his name every week and he wants to settle in Manchester now he has a young family. I found that reassuring.

I thought he was ace again last night. He's a proper fearless United player. Let's hope we build the next great United team around him.
I have a friend who lives in Madrid whose daughter is apparently good friends with Garnacho's girlfriend. I think they went to the same school. That being said I know feck all about how he is enjoying life in Manchester but let's hope what you said is true.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I have a friend who lives in Madrid whose daughter is apparently good friends with Garnacho's girlfriend. I think they went to the same school. That being said I know feck all about how he is enjoying life in Manchester but let's hope what you said is true.
He got the impression that Garnacho has enjoyed being given a lot of responsibility relatively early in his career.

His and the wider family enjoyment is based around that.

He also reckoned that his "career path" isn't necessarily centred around playing for Real Madrid/Barca. That could be important.

He is very ambitious which might cause issues if the team carries on being rubbish in a few years.

NoPace

No, if your good enough your old enough. Fergie won a title with kids. Garnacho is the real deal. Its not his fault hes playing with several wasters. I wish we would play more kids with his talent
clear motm last night.
A 3rd winger is still probably starting 20 games and getting 15 sub appearances in the league (if you figure the average first choice winger gets about 28-30 starts with injuries and suspension and rests and then another 2-3 games you end up playing all 3 with a striker or #10 out). Add the cups and Europe and that's still probably 28 starts and 20 sub appearances, and a couple games for his country (U-21 or senior team). That's like 2700 minutes or so, so almost twice what say Foden played at his age (notoriously protected/underused by Pep) or about 2/3rds of what a Giggs was playing. Feels about right to make sure you don't risk their careers like Barca might be doing with their youngsters, but also serious roles in the team. It's basically exactly how many minutes Fergie played Cristiano at the same age.

OverratedOpinion

I love him, I actually probably question his natural talent more than some but his mentality and workrate is everything I want from a young lad coming through at Utd.

He can be a little sloppy in his chasing back but his effort is always there.

QuietOn Fortune

If Tevez & Messi would have a baby together then it would be Garnacho.

He has that raging bull type of thing that Tevez had where he sometimes plays with power more than precision & then suddenly you will see Garnacho dribbling and scoring some absolutely wonderful goals.

I loved his header vs Chelsea.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought he actually looked quite slow and tired in the second half, so I could understand wanting to take him off. Despite that, he was still trying to work hard and was still our most dangerous player, so actually taking him off hurt our ability to push Chelsea back.

We really shouldn't be in a situation where we are relying on him so much.

Bournemouth 2:2 Man Utd New
No-one calling it? Gives the ball away far too cheaply, far too often. Today he was absolutely awful and rightfully got pulled at HT.
I really love the bloke but in a team of careless with the ball footballers, he’s got to learn and improve this side of his game. We looked infinitely better once Amad took his place for example, much of that due simply to composure on the ball.

mark8

No-one calling it? Gives the ball away far too cheaply, far too often. Today he was absolutely awful and rightfully got pulled at HT.
I really love the bloke but in a team of careless with the ball footballers, he’s got to learn and improve this side of his game. We looked infinitely better once Amad took his place for example, much of that due simply to composure on the ball.
Agree 100%

Atheist

He doesn’t do enough defensive work at all. Left us far too exposed although Dalot was awful himself.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Played like he had rocks in his boots. Touch was heavier than a hippo. Can only assume/hope he's injured.

CloneMC16

Agreed. He needs to improve a lot. Too many heavy touches. Part of the issue might be that he's been overplayed. He's still young and starting every game for us. We're relying on him way too much.

Really, really bad today, though. Our right side was exposed the entire 1st half and his performance is a big reason why.

Doracle

Played too much. There’s been a number of similar performances over the last month or so. Just needs a bit of a rest. I have no doubt he will be back in form soon.

-Supreme-

Sadly this is the 2nd time in consecutive games where we conceded due to him losing the ball too easily in the half-way line, our non-existence midfield and defence didn’t help of course…

Bobski

Been vastly overplayed and has had quite a few games recently were he has looked jaded, sometimes able to come through and make things happen still.

Moving forward he will have to improve his dribbling at low speeds, is great when he has space to run into but often takes heavy touches in traffic. Pretty much one speed at this point, head down and run then shoot, getting success with it but the next step will require a little more composure.

Bwuk

Looking forward to seeing him under a competent manager next year

Irwin99

Now unliked but still
"holding him up as the problem" -Ridiculous! a player can be subbed for a bad performance and it doesn't have to be interpreted as a personal attack or a grave insult. It just means they're not playing well or as desired. I've seen Sir Alex substitute Giggs at half time- big deal.

I like Garnacho and I think EtH can be held responsible if he's tired and he's played too much but he was dreadful in the first half and rightfully subbed. The player should deal with it. Modern players really do come across as very entitled at times.

RuudTom83

A 19 year old kid had a tough game.

Zero need to make any drama, but it’s United, so you can bet at least two of the manager, player, media or fans to make a storm out of it.

Unam333

The manager has every right to sub off a player.

These spoiled players man...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thrown in the deep end after the International break with zero recoup time. Another terrific management decision.

Here's an idea. How about you start a different player and bring on Garnacho instead? He's still a teenager, don't overload the kid.

Stadjer

Typical United Stand stirring up shit. What a god awful channel.
Seems like Goldbridge himself, not United Stand. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and even to put it on Twitter/X if they think their opinion is worth sharing. Garnacho should be more professional and not like those tweets. Garnacho doesnt seem like the brighest person though.