Alejandro Garnacho

ash_86

One thing i see him is the tenacity . The will to score that goal however clean or scrappy it might be. For true goal scorers, thats an amazing trait.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Greenwood was once in a generation talent, not every young talent is Greenwood and it's unfair to compare him with others.

Besides he's a cnut so let's move on.

jb8521

Are people actually getting annoyed that the club only gave him a 2 year pro deal when that's all you can give a 17 year old? Christ. He'll sign a new longer term deal when he turns 18 next month

Mickson

Are people actually getting annoyed that the club only gave him a 2 year pro deal when that's all you can give a 17 year old? Christ. He'll sign a new longer term deal when he turns 18 next month
This is the new trend: Everything the club does is wrong.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'd actually prefer if we as the club made the decision to not to throw money at him.

I think the people running the club were pissed that Pogba left for free, then that effected their decisions with Januzaj, then "preserving" the value of Mata, Jones and Bailly etc.

We need a wage structure at the club and if that means sometimes youngsters leave to earn more money, then so be it.

At the end of the say, I think he'll stay and sign on as Juve and the Italian league is far from what they/it was and I'm sure Ten Hag has been in his ear about game time.

Gordon Godot

I'd actually prefer if we as the club made the decision to not to throw money at him.

I think the people running the club were pissed that Pogba left for free, then that effected their decisions with Januzaj, then "preserving" the value of Mata, Jones and Bailly etc.

We need a wage structure at the club and if that means sometimes youngsters leave to earn more money, then so be it.

At the end of the say, I think he'll stay and sign on as Juve and the Italian league is far from what they/it was and I'm sure Ten Hag has been in his ear about game time.
The awarding of long and inflated deals to average/ injured players was on Woodward, nothign to do with Pogba. He wanted a 'fat' squad. I suspect its also related to maintaining the carrying value of players on the balance sheet and the debt levels, though that is more a suspicion.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Erm what? There's no indication we're going to throw money at him or that he's even stalling on a contract. We offer loads of our 18 year olds long term deals.

Kaushal

I think he is a decent player but that’s about it. I don’t rate him much. The club giving him a 2 yr deal at 17 was the right one. We aren’t missing out on an exceptional talent.

SuperiorXI

I watched him live in the FA Youth Cup Final, this kid is special, when he gets on the ball you feel something will happen. If he can stay grounded he will go on to do great things. There will be options for him like any talent, it's up to the club to keep him here with the right conditions to convince him it's the right place for his career. We can't risk another Pogba whereby he is ready but isn't getting a look-in.

Remember the geese

I think he is a decent player but that’s about it. I don’t rate him much. The club giving him a 2 yr deal at 17 was the right one. We aren’t missing out on an exceptional talent.
He isn't a Greenwood level talent, but if he has an excellent development he has the potential to be a terrific wide forward.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Erm what? There's no indication we're going to throw money at him or that he's even stalling on a contract. We offer loads of our 18 year olds long term deals.
I didn't say he was stalling, or that we were offering stupid money, just said i hope we don't throw money at him like we did with Januzaj.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's going to end up a no.9 tbh. That kind of pace combined with good finishing could be a real weapon even at the top level. Would need to keep improving his hold up play of course and hopefully he will.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
We have too many LWF in our team.. Rashford, Martial, Elanga wants to play there now and now Garnacho is best at KWF..

Theo88

We have too many LWF in our team.. Rashford, Martial, Elanga wants to play there now and now Garnacho is best at KWF..
Martial is a semi retired footballer. Rashford has declined to championship level and Elanga is a Lingard level of player with brains and higher workrate. None of that options seems right now a solution for LW / LF.

jb8521

Where did you get that we're throwing money at him? Pretty much every player we rate highly is offered a longer deal when they turn 18 so most of the stuff you're complaining about has absolutely no relevance to this situation

Trequartistry

I really don’t think he’s as good as the hype suggests, the way he plays it just doesn’t seem transferable to the mens game. There’s a few other midfielders he plays alongside who I believe will have a better first team career than him but of course the exciting winger will always steal the headlines

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Where did you get that we're throwing money at him? Pretty much every player we rate highly is offered a longer deal when they turn 18 so most of the stuff you're complaining about has absolutely no relevance to this situation
I meant in general, not saying we are throwing cash at him, just that I hope we don't find ourselves in another Januzaj situation, would prefer us to stick to a wage structure (which we may well be doing).

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I really don’t think he’s as good as the hype suggests, the way he plays it just doesn’t seem transferable to the mens game. There’s a few other midfielders he plays alongside who I believe will have a better first team career than him but of course the exciting winger will always steal the headlines
It’s probably the position where it’s easiest to look great as a youngster. Mistakes don’t seem to matter as much like with defenders or GK positions. You’re almost expected to lose possession fairly frequently, and there’s no real pressure to score goals that a striker would be judged on. So yeah, I agree. It also helps that being relatively slight of build (ie skinny) means you are generally quicker over the fast few yards, which again is one of those things that look good in a youth system but end up needing to be addressed at first team level.

Beaucoup

I Agree, he’s been in the pocket of quite a few U18 defenders over the course of last season

Red00012

Thought he looked a level below Greenwood the few times I seen him play. Maybe he can get a few games in the cups next year and he can improve further.
He’s 2 if not 3 levels below Greenwood what are you on about ? :lol:

Dan_F

I meant in general, not saying we are throwing cash at him, just that I hope we don't find ourselves in another Januzaj situation, would prefer us to stick to a wage structure (which we may well be doing).
In what world was the Januzaj situation a problem? We sold him for a massive profit despite him not becoming a regular, and had a buy back clause just in case.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
In what world was the Januzaj situation a problem? We sold him for a massive profit despite him not becoming a regular, and had a buy back clause just in case.
The guy had literally a couple of good months to start his career and United threw like £60k p/w and a multi-million quid signing on bonus his way.

And sold him several years later when it turned out he wasn't actually much good for under £10m.

That's hardly a 'massive profit' when you look at the overall financial picture and is a pure example and panicking and overpaying a prospect too early.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Basically what the poster above said.

There were rumours of PSG looking to sign him, just like Juve in this situation, then we panicked because we didn't want to recreate the Pogba situation.

I'm not saying Garnacho is asking for the world, simply stating that I'd rather the club stick to wage structures and not bow to agent/player demands, and if that means we lose player for free, then I'd rather that than see players stuck here on huge wages with no commitment or desire to improve (Januzaj) or someone who just doesn't want to be here (Bailly) or someone who thinks they're amazing but don't want to put the effort in (Martial).

Bojan Djordjic

The awarding of long and inflated deals to average/ injured players was on Woodward, nothign to do with Pogba. He wanted a 'fat' squad. I suspect its also related to maintaining the carrying value of players on the balance sheet and the debt levels, though that is more a suspicion.
Poor Luke Shaw took him literally.

VDG17

I think he's going to end up a no.9 tbh. That kind of pace combined with good finishing could be a real weapon even at the top level. Would need to keep improving his hold up play of course and hopefully he will.
I think this might be a very good shout actually. He wants to get in behind and use his pace, he wants to finish and he's actually becoming a lot more of a physical presence as he grows. At the top level he's going to be asked to do more than that from a wide area. But down the middle he'll be able to utilise his strengths and avoid his weaknesses.
The best thing he can do is to learn as much from Ronaldo as possible while he has the chance. He'll never reach that level but to transition into a goal scoring forward there is no better example.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Scored again today against Japan. 1 assist also.

Edit :

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Scored again today against Japan. 1 assist also.

Edit :

Great feet and agility there. To go right with all his weight and quickly switch to the other side is a great sign.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
as far I can remember, in the last three matches for Argentina u-20, he scored 4 and assisted 1. Argentina have total scored 6 goals in last three matches. Excellent record really.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What do Argentinians themselves think of the lad, do they see him as a generational talent or not.

Bestietom

I hope so. Juventus already pushing for him to join them.

IRELANDUNITED

Why is he posting an image of himself and Salah on his Instagram story accompanied by a love heart?