Aleksandar Mitrovic

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This animal cant stop scoring, terrorizing defence both physicaly and mentaly, Van Dijk never looked the same. Swap deal possible for Rashford? This way we dont leave them naked...
Is this a fair deal, if not how much cash should we add?
Hmmm Rashford go would? Chance no!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pukki literally did exactly the same, he is not going to be ever suitable for a top 6 team.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Only a record bid would force fulham to sell. He can keep them up which is worth what over 100 million?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pukki literally did exactly the same, he is not going to be ever suitable for a top 6 team.
Mitrovic is quite evidently better than pukki. He scored more than pukki in the championship, and has half of pukkis premier League tally in his first season already. There's levels to this and mitrovic is a level above.

Master Yoda

Only a record bid would force fulham to sell. He can keep them up which is worth what over 100 million?
Maybe Rashford can keep them up. Rashy plus 30 mil sounds like a dream for us, offer to pay some of the wages additionally and we got ourselves a deal...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pukki and Mitrovic have nothing in common
Stylistically, no, but both at a similar age came up from great championship form and started the prem season well. He'll tail off as well.
Mitrovic is quite evidently better than pukki. He scored more than pukki in the championship, and has half of pukkis premier League tally in his first season already. There's levels to this and mitrovic is a level above.
Think you'll find Pukki got a similar return in his first 5 games in the prem. Won POTM for August. So actually, there are levels and Mitrovic still needs to get there.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I’m not a betting man but I find 25/1 odds of him winning the golden boot a little too good to pass up.

The last time I had such a hunch I put small change on Forlan winning golden boot at a World Cup.

pogbasformerbarber

Fulham's offense is (smartly) completely structured around him...right down to the personnel. I do not think his success there would translate to another club so easily. He's dreadfully slow...it looks like he's running underwater...and doesn't have the tidiest finishing skills. He also looks totally spent the last 10minutes of most games. His fitness is an issue.

His hold up play is elite though, and his header might be top 5 in the world IMHO (no joke). I think he'd thrive for a top half club which Fulham might actually evolve to if they can keep their manager. He's nowhere near a CL club level though IMHO.

R'hllor

Already said in other thread, watching tonight, he looks spent but still fights, runs, doing a press in 80th minute. Forget him scoring, when Fulham stops behind him, his goals scored will suffer but watching him tonight doing defensive shit, its was way way more impressive, power of will to fight and desire.

Master Yoda

Stylistically, no, but both at a similar age came up from great championship form and started the prem season well. He'll tail off as well.

Think you'll find Pukki got a similar return in his first 5 games in the prem. Won POTM for August. So actually, there are levels and Mitrovic still needs to get there.
Im not sure how they're similar. Mitrovic scored 43 goals and Pukki 29, only 28minutes difference in play time. Furthermore Mitrovic is a legend on international level as well, record holder if my memory serves me correct. The last time I watched him he secured World cup over Ronaldo, 3rd highest goal scorer in qualifiers and 2nd most on target.

We can also add the fact Fullham didnt have a easy start playing against Liverpool and Arsenal. I say not even close buddy, not even close...

His hold up play is elite though, and his header might be top 5 in the world IMHO (no joke).
Ofcourse its not a joke, while we are at it, can you name me 4 better offensive players when it comes to heading? Its hard to compare defenders and forwards for numberous reasons so lets stick with attackers.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

I'm sorry but this is as lazy a "championship players are all the same" comparison can get. You most definitely have not had the time to check out mitrovic regularly and are just painting him with the same brush because he played for a championship club.

They aren't just stylistically different but have different career trajectories and are viewed in different tiers of footballers. Pukki just had a purple patch. Mitrovic is Serbia's leading goalscorer.

pogbasformerbarber

Im not sure how they're similar. Mitrovic scored 43 goals and Pukki 29, only 28minutes difference in play time. Furthermore Mitrovic is a legend on international level as well, record holder if my memory serves me correct. The last time I watched him he secured World cup over Ronaldo, 3rd highest goal scorer in qualifiers and 2nd most on target.

We can also add the fact Fullham didnt have a easy start playing against Liverpool and Arsenal. I say not even close buddy, not even close...

Ofcourse its not a joke, while we are at it, can you name me 4 better offensive players when it comes to heading? Its hard to compare defenders and forwards for numberous reasons so lets stick with attackers.
Icardi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, and De Jong (the ST), come to mind...I would argue (only) his header is in this group at this point.

Alemar

What if we give Fulham 3 players for Mitrovic? Bissaka, VDB and Elanga? Or Maguire and VDB

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
What if we give Fulham 3 players for Mitrovic? Bissaka, VDB and Elanga? Or Maguire and VDB
Basically shipping out your mistakes for Fulham's best player. They get to quadruple their payroll while weakening their team.
Who wouldn't take that deal !!

aeh1991

At the beginning of this transfer window I said we gotta buy this lad. Back then we woulda got him for 30m I reckon. Unfortunately no chance to get him now, unless we overpay again

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sorry but this is as lazy a "championship players are all the same" comparison can get. You most definitely have not had the time to check out mitrovic regularly and are just painting him with the same brush because he played for a championship club.

They aren't just stylistically different but have different career trajectories and are viewed in different tiers of footballers. Pukki just had a purple patch. Mitrovic is Serbia's leading goalscorer.
It's not, it's simply not getting hyperbolic about Mitrovic' start to the season by putting forward a player who did extremely well in his first games back in the prem from the championship to.

Pukki scored 11 goals in the prem on two separate occasions. On the first occasion, in his first 6 games his goals came against liverpool, Newcastle, chelsea and City. Mitrovic looks like he could go better this season, but it's just simply not true that he's done any better.

Oh, I imagine pukki is probably Finland's too.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I think he would be a decent option tbh...focusing on the word decent.

What Fulham would want for him wouldn't reflect that is my feeling.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Fulham should keep him no matter the money offered. Sell next summer, especially if he has a good season and keeps them in the PL.
This 100% he’s worth more to them scoring goals and keeping them up.

Would be madness for them to look to sell.

OverratedOpinion

Fulham should keep him no matter the money offered. Sell next summer, especially if he has a good season and keeps them in the PL.
Very good point.

People sometimes forget about the difference in tv rights for staying in the Prem when talking about buying players from smaller teams.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fulham's offense is (smartly) completely structured around him...right down to the personnel. I do not think his success there would translate to another club so easily. He's dreadfully slow...it looks like he's running underwater...and doesn't have the tidiest finishing skills. He also looks totally spent the last 10minutes of most games. His fitness is an issue.

His hold up play is elite though, and his header might be top 5 in the world IMHO (no joke). I think he'd thrive for a top half club which Fulham might actually evolve to if they can keep their manager. He's nowhere near a CL club level though IMHO.
Agree with this.

Terry Graham

Supports
the Cottagers
He's nowhere near a CL club level though IMHO.
My first post on these forums. Been lurking since 2017 but decided to reply on this.

There have been way more weird signings in the past, both in the Premier League and La Liga for example, Martin Braithwaite to Barcelona for example.

I believe Mitrovic would do well in a larger club, even in United if given the oppertunity, but just as you pointed out the game would need to evolve around him.
Also I don't think he would like to be a benchplayer or a supersub but he thrives in a team where he contributes on a game to game basis so in Fulham he should remain.

Master Yoda

I think he would be a decent option tbh...focusing on the word decent.

What Fulham would want for him wouldn't reflect that is my feeling.
Lets focus on the word decent. You talk as if we have a better option. Ronaldo is decent at 38 but the amount of toxicity it brings along is not worth the journey. Who else we got, Martial up front who is always injured? Come on man Mitrovic would be like resurrection of Jesus at this point, he would be more than decent in our team.

Welbeckham

Pukki didn’t just have a purple patch. He’s Finland’s top scored with 26 goals in his last 44 caps. When given the right service (Buendia mostly), he’s been absolutely lethal with his wonderful movement and clinical finishing.

Scoring 10+ PL goals twice in a terrible Norwich side is a brilliant return. That side had zero creativity last season, absolutely none. Pukki has had more quiet phases because of injuries and loss of confidence, but he should’ve moved to a better PL club. But he’s over 30, and his value for Norwich has just been a bit higher than his market value. Or he just has a bad agent.

I think both Pukki and Mitrovic have been easily PL level strikers for four years, but few players in Fulham and Norwich have been even close to their level. Both would be useful (squad) players for any PL club, at least until they start physically declining.

Master Yoda

Mitrovic with a hattrick against Sweden, subbed off 70' min.

Nations league top scorers
1. Haaland: 6 goals
2 Mitrovic: 5 goals

You can find Mitrovic again among elite top scorers in World Cup qualiers, animal is basicaly everywhere lurking at the top.
Whats crazy is that this animal didnt even play all Nations league matches, not even entire match when hes indeed present.
Is this a new rivalry? Same top 2 names in premium league, ofcourse Haaland has a better lead over here because of City. I think with a better team Mitrovic could give Haaland a run for his money.

How much will Mitrovic cost in january if Fullham is sitting comfortably top half of the table? Would you sign MItrovic for 70-80 million?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
How much will Mitrovic cost in january if Fullham is sitting comfortably top half of the table? Would you sign MItrovic for 70-80 million?
Not my money so I couldn’t give a shite how much he would cost. but I’d absolutely look at him as a potential transfer. If he was happy to know he wouldn’t start every game he would be a fantastic addition to the squad

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Mitrovic with a hattrick against Sweden, subbed off 70' min.

Nations league top scorers
1. Haaland: 6 goals
2 Mitrovic: 5 goals

You can find Mitrovic again among elite top scorers in World Cup qualiers, animal is basicaly everywhere lurking at the top.
Whats crazy is that this animal didnt even play all Nations league matches, not even entire match when hes indeed present.
Is this a new rivalry? Same top 2 names in premium league, ofcourse Haaland has a better lead over here because of City. I think with a better team Mitrovic could give Haaland a run for his money.

This is what people don't get. If Mitrovic can score that much while playing for a shite team, imagine how much he could score on a good team. People also love to point out his past and completely ignore the fact that Parker had issues with him the last time they were in the premier league and kept him on the bench for some reason. Fact of the matter is, this is a guy is a beast. You don't score as much as he did last year and not be a great player. Meanwhile everyone was going crazy over Nunez for scoring less in an "arguably" weaker league. Mitrovic will likely leave Fulham in the very near future. My guess it will be to a club a step higher than Fulham. Perhaps a West Ham or an Everton. Then when he scores 20+ goals again, everyone around here will be talking about him, and all the muppets who have talked him down will be complaining when we have to pay 80m+ for him. Bottom line, we should have signed him before the season even started...

Lost bear

This is what people don't get. If Mitrovic can score that much while playing for a shite team, imagine how much he could score on a good team. People also love to point out his past and completely ignore the fact that Parker had issues with him the last time they were in the premier league and kept him on the bench for some reason. Fact of the matter is, this is a guy is a beast. You don't score as much as he did last year and not be a great player. Meanwhile everyone was going crazy over Nunez for scoring less in an "arguably" weaker league. Mitrovic will likely leave Fulham in the very near future. My guess it will be to a club a step higher than Fulham. Perhaps a West Ham or an Everton. Then when he scores 20+ goals again, everyone around here will be talking about him, and all the muppets who have talked him down will be complaining when we have to pay 80m+ for him. Bottom line, we should have signed him before the season even started...
Yeah, good player Mitrovic, I like him. Doubt if Fulham would sell, though.

AussieDevil

I absolutely love him, he is such a good player and he has been highly touted since he was 17 in Serbia. It took him a while but the signs were always there. Too expensive to justify it but if they get relegated I’d love us to see if we could get him for a decent fee.

Opposition fans would go insane having to verse Mitrovic, Antony and Bruno in the same side, not to mention Martinez at the back, it would be a team that master shit housery.