g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Chamberlain isn't good at all that much as a midfielder, great at being a winger and scores some bangers though!
Based on his Liverpool career , it's the opposite. He lacks end product to be a truly effective winger. His close control and ability to drive the ball forward through the centre is a great in midfield though. He was a bit basic to begin with, but he's becoming an increasingly savvy player in midfield since the turn of the year.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Based on his Liverpool career , it's the opposite. He lacks end product to be a truly effective winger. His close control and ability to drive the ball forward through the centre is a great in midfield though. He was a bit basic to begin with, but he's becoming an increasingly savvy player in midfield since the turn of the year.
Chamberlain is absolutely fantastic at driving with the ball into the final third then doing something low percentage. His decision making is still too inconsistent.

Can is equally as good at driving with the ball, while having much better midfield fundamentals.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Can is equally as good at driving with the ball, while having much better midfield fundamentals.
Not really as good. Chamberlain is much better in tight spaces. And more guile in his passing.

But yes, Can has a lot of fundamentals more nailed down. I'd have chamberlain over him in the advanced midfield role in most games and Can in a less advanced midfield role over chamberlain any day of the week. Their roles are quite different..don't think they are good comparisons really.

meamth

No, ta. They're not similar at all, apart from being midfielders.
Really? No real debate here. I give you my points, u just give your opinion.

I don't care what you think if you don't prove your points. Your lack of effort to prove your points by just saying "he is not the same because I said so" and laughing emoji is laughable as well.

ti vu

He's actually a very decent player tbh. Not that bad at all.
When he has one of those games, the height of his performance is very good. The main issue with him is his inconsistency to tap into that level of performance

Jayus20

Supports
Liverpool
Honestly mate I wouldn't even waste your time discussing Liverpool players with him. He clearly doesn't watch us play, that's obvious as near enough everything he seems to say about Liverpool players is wrong yet he tries to say them like they're facts, it's hilarious. Even for a United fan he clearly has a very strong anti-Liverpool agenda. Should see some of the stuff he's said in the Van Dijk forum, it's comedy gold!:')

In terms of Oxlade-Chamberlain I think he can be excellent if he can manage to make his good performances regular. As you said he's been a little inconsistent since being here and right now makes a great squad option but I honestly think he can become a very good player if he can consistently perform at the levels he has against City. I would complain to see him in our strongest midfield 3 next season alongside Keita and a new deep lying playmaker (hopefully Jorginho).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That's sad. He really seemed to be kicking on at Liverpool. Shame he misses the WC as well. The closest thing to a replacement has barely featured this season and hasn't done much on the pitch (Barkley).

saivet

Big shame about his injury. Think he'd secured himself a starting line up place for the WC.

VanGaalEra

You could tell from the way he winced immediately there was a chance it was his ligaments. Depends how bad it is now.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Gutted, he was playing well and we’re desperately short in midfield now.

Only Milner. Henderson and Wijnaldum left.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't even rate this guy but he was playing good and to get that type of injury with the world cup incoming and with his team very close to play on an UCL final must be a very though for him.

montpelier

Can has done his back & won't be back isn't it?

Also leaving because he thinks he is world class & worth it, or something.

I don't think they'll miss him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wow that's a lot, going to miss a CL Final, a World Cup and a good part of next season where Keita will have time to cement his place.

Aboutreika18

Oh dear. Reminds me of Walcott's knee injury in 2014.

Just as both were establishing themselves as regulars for club/country, they both got serious knee injuries and miss the World Cup.

Sterling Archer

Awful for the kid. Been having a great season.

So wait, am I bad United fan for feeling sorry for him and how Liverpool might miss him in the CL? Is that how this bullshit*t works on here now?

Yagami

Good post resistant
What awful timing. Let's hope he's back sooner than later.

I had him down as a top CM for years and just as he was getting a run there, too. I think, had he not got injured, he'd have done very well in CM at the World Cup. Very disappointing that we won't get to see him there.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm glad to see Liverpool weakened, especially if it hurts their chances of winning the CL but obviously I wouldn't want it to happen because someone gets a serious injury.

Seemed a decent guy whenever I've seen him interviewed too.

ti vu

:confused:

Strange reaction here. Sure. It sucks for the player with his injury missing important game and WC. Wish for recovery for L'pool player the following season from United fan? Doesn't add up. It's not like anyone wish injury on him and he ended up with that curse.

Treble

Shame for the Ox. Looks like a nice lad. His speed and tenacity in midfiled helped Liverpool.

simplyared

That's devastating for him. Always rated the player and believe he could prove to be a great signing for Liverpool. Knee injuries are the worst sort and not easy to bounce back from. He'll need time and rehab before he comes back. Hope he recovers 100%.

GeorgieBoy

Hard not to feel sorry for the lad just before a (more than likely) CL final and World Cup.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
:confused:

Strange reaction here. Sure. It sucks for the player with his injury missing important game and WC. Wish for recovery for L'pool player the following season from United fan? Doesn't add up. It's not like anyone wish injury on him and he ended up with that curse.
Strange post.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah very tough time to get such a bad injury. Put yourself in his shoes, your team has a great chance of a CL final which may not happen again in his career and the WC is just around the corner. Must be horrible.