Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lets be honest, outside of the human element of him missing a second world cup through injury, this isnt really a big deal for the team itself.
He could be the the next Pele and it wouldnt make a difference to Englands prospects.

ti vu

Strange post.
Yeah because despite understanding it personally sucks for Ox, I remember he has been player for 2 rival clubs. I wouldn't wish him back tearing the league like at least one post above from supposed United supporter (even if he hadn't)... It's not as if he's at the end of his career thus this is career ending injury

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
:confused:

Strange reaction here. Sure. It sucks for the player with his injury missing important game and WC. Wish for recovery for L'pool player the following season from United fan? Doesn't add up. It's not like anyone wish injury on him and he ended up with that curse.
Do you celebrate after a Liverpool player gets injured long term just because you didn't wish it in the first place? You have issues man.

peridigm

You could tell from the way he winced immediately there was a chance it was his ligaments. Depends how bad it is now.
His legs must be strong as feck because it appears he kicked so hard his leg hyper extended which is what caused the injury. Best I can tell from my computer screen anyway.

ti vu

Do you celebrate after a Liverpool player gets injured long term just because you didn't wish it in the first place? You have issues man.
Not celebrating.

If it counts, I have issue with seeing how so called United fan seem to unite community wishing for recovery of L'pool players so he can tear up the league for L'pool the following season, so help me...

GiddyUp

Definitely going to lose the final now probably not but I don't give a feck.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah because despite understanding it personally sucks for Ox, I remember he has been player for 2 rival clubs. I wouldn't wish him back tearing the league like at least one post above from supposed United supporter (even if he hadn't)... It's not as if he's at the end of his career thus this is career ending injury
Yeah, some things are more important than football. Not wishing a player a speedy recovery, especially when it has no influence on united is bizzare.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Not celebrating.

If it counts, I have issue with seeing how so called United fan seem to unite community wishing for recovery of L'pool players so he can tear up the league for L'pool the following season, so help me...
Top red.

fishfingers15

Not celebrating.

Just before your post, these are the posts by other United fans. Most I can see is respectful well wishes. Who do you think wants this player to 'tear up the league' next season? I can see none.

Are you suggesting that you would never would wish a rival player to heal after a horrendous injury? And you think others are strange? Cmon, you have issues.

Sad to hear. Wish him recovery.
Sucks, hope he comes back healthy next season.
Poor guy, sucks to get an injury just near to the WC. Who comes in for him now?
That's sad. He really seemed to be kicking on at Liverpool. Shame he misses the WC as well. The closest thing to a replacement has barely featured this season and hasn't done much on the pitch (Barkley).
Big shame about his injury. Think he'd secured himself a starting line up place for the WC.
You could tell from the way he winced immediately there was a chance it was his ligaments. Depends how bad it is now.
Real shame. Can't stand Liverpool but Ox always seems like a good lad and likeable guy.

Shame he misses the WC, but I guess at least he'll be prepared for next season.
I don't even rate this guy but he was playing good and to get that type of injury with the world cup incoming and with his team very close to play on an UCL final must be a very though for him.
Can has done his back & won't be back isn't it?

Also leaving because he thinks he is world class & worth it, or something.

I don't think they'll miss him.
Terrible news for the lad. :(
Wow that's a lot, going to miss a CL Final, a World Cup and a good part of next season where Keita will have time to cement his place.
Moreno in on the left side is an option.

#JustSaying
Oh dear. Reminds me of Walcott's knee injury in 2014.

Just as both were establishing themselves as regulars for club/country, they both got serious knee injuries and miss the World Cup.
Awful for the kid. Been having a great season.

So wait, am I bad United fan for feeling sorry for him and how Liverpool might miss him in the CL? Is that how this bullshit*t works on here now?
What awful timing. Let's hope he's back sooner than later.

I had him down as a top CM for years and just as he was getting a run there, too. I think, had he not got injured, he'd have done very well in CM at the World Cup. Very disappointing that we won't get to see him there.
I'm glad to see Liverpool weakened, especially if it hurts their chances of winning the CL but obviously I wouldn't want it to happen because someone gets a serious injury.

Seemed a decent guy whenever I've seen him interviewed too.

Oggmonster

Not celebrating.

I can understand this point if he was out for a few weeks or something if it wasn’t bad one but people wishing him well is pretty understandable due to the nature of the injury. It sounds a bad one and could have long term effects on his career that’s not good whoever he plays for.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I can understand this point if he was out for a few weeks or something if it wasn’t bad one but people wishing him well is pretty understandable due to the nature of the injury. It sounds a bad one and could have long term effects on his career that’s not good whoever he plays for.
Yup, same when Shaw got injured. I don't know how anyone could be happy about something like that.

ti vu

That's a fair point and I didn't aim my post at it. It's about "tearing up the league for L'pool next season" thing. It's entirely different from wishing on to eventually make full recovery. Since we know the extend of his injury, it's not like we can wish him be back for WC, so why the necessity of the other part of the wishes?

Just before your post, these are the posts by other United fans. Most I can see is respectful well wishes. Who do you think wants this player to 'tear up the league' next season? I can see none.

Are you suggesting that you would never would wish a rival player to heal after a horrendous injury? And you think others are strange? Cmon, you have issues.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
As someone who is currently recovering from an ACL tear I feel for the lad. Possibly the worst injury to get in football. Never feel right after it, regardless of all the rehab you do. I know guys who took 2 years to play again after it.

Always shit to see an in form player miss the WC too.

Walters_19_MuFc

Gutted for him. Started to find some consistency in a position he's always wanted to play.

Not only will it be a blow for Liverpool, bur for England, where he's pivotal to the way Southgate plays his centre mids, in terms of running into channels.

Wish him a speedy recovery!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Very sad to see players get injured, especially as it has ruined his chances of playing at the WC.

On a lighter note, one less Liverpool player that we have to put up with for the England games.

fishfingers15

That's a fair point and I didn't aim my post at it. It's about "tearing up the league for L'pool next season" thing. It's entirely different from wishing on to eventually make full recovery. Since we know the extend of his injury, it's not like we can wish him be back for WC, so why the necessity of the other part of the wishes?
:houllier:

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
I must say, the hate between Man United and Liverpool or vice-versa as worse as it gets but it's always nice to see people wishing a player best of luck after an injury. As much as I hate Man United I would never want any of Man United player to receive an injury which can hurt their personal ambitions and career.

Last edited by a moderator:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not celebrating.

Who wants him to tear up the league? Besides, it's the Ox not Zinadine Zidane FFS.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like he won’t be playing again until 2019.

Multiple ligament damage - may miss whole season

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Might as well update the thread title. He's missing most of the season.

It's a multiple ligament injury apparently.

PoTMS

Fecking hell, poor lad can't catch a break. Luckily for Liverpool, they have already bought reinforcements in midfield.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Finally starting to play consistently well and then this, some guys really have he worst luck.