Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho

Was hoping he'd be a Roberto Carlos style player. But he's closer to Darmian right now. He has had f**k all game time this season tbf.

Devil81

I'd be tempted to start Shaw with him on the left hand side, play Shaw deep and allow Telles freedom to attached and get balls across.

Defensively he's a shambles at the moment but hopefully that side of his game will develop and grow in the English game.

Andersons Dietician

Do have to question Ole as to why you wouldn’t play Cavani with Telles on the pitch. The one thing he can give you is a decent delivery in to the box and that is something none of Martial, Rashford or Greenwood are likely to take advantage of.

He is a good squad player but seemed like the wrong game to put him in.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s yet another signing where I just think, why didn’t we just keep Daley Blind? Literally better than Telles at everything.
Not everything. Telles has a hell of a lot more goals and assists, for starters.

Last night was the perfect game to play him. Theoretically not much defending to do and a great chance to show what he does going forwards. Just a very disappointing performance. Although he does take great corners.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He seems to reluctant to dribble with the ball... as soon as he gets it his first instinct is to put his foot on it and stand still, regardless of how much space is in front of him.

Guv77

play him infront of Shaw has a left sided winger.
Lets face it he can't do worse than either Martial or Rashford.
Cavani would love the crosses.

buckooo1978

poor for their second goal last night... dithered as did the rest.... more annoyed with De Gea if I'm honest as he had a major part in both goals

He's underwhelming but he does whip in a good cross.... think this could be due to a lack of games and settling in. Let's not be too hasty to write him off

luke511

Do have to question Ole as to why you wouldn’t play Cavani with Telles on the pitch. The one thing he can give you is a decent delivery in to the box and that is something none of Martial, Rashford or Greenwood are likely to take advantage of.

He is a good squad player but seemed like the wrong game to put him in.
Ole Gunnar Brainfart

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Not everything. Telles has a hell of a lot more goals and assists, for starters.

Last night was the perfect game to play him. Theoretically not much defending to do and a great chance to show what he does going forwards. Just a very disappointing performance. Although he does take great corners.
Yes, everything.

90+% of Telles’ goals are from penalties and free kicks. How many does he take for us? 0. So those past goals are completely useless for us. And if Blind pumped in crosses every time he got the ball he’d have as many assists too. He doesn’t though because he largely plays at CB and has an actual brain.

jem

Based on what I'd heard about his performances at Porto (and admittedly that was only on The United Stand and on the transfer forum here), I thought we some kind of semi-talismanic leader from the back, a player with a wand for a left foot who could score and assist. Hasn't looked anything like that.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
play him infront of Shaw has a left sided winger.
Lets face it he can't do worse than either Martial or Rashford.
Cavani would love the crosses.
:lol::lol::lol:

A guy who’s so slow he can’t even attempt to take someone on can’t do worse than the guy with 59 goals+assists in the last season and a half. Of course he can, he’d do miles worse. Stupidity at its finest.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

100%. I thought it was good management to bring him in to a game where we’d be on the front foot against a back 5 sitting deep. Poor game. He needs matches one way or another though and cameos like last night won’t help him much. I’m sure he’ll be a bit better next season but he’s not young so I don’t see a major improvement on the horizon. Himself and tuanzebe have been poor since that PSG match. Another thing I don’t get- why didn’t ole build on Donnys minutes at the weekend if he wanted to freshen it up. He wasn’t great against Liverpool but this was a far easier game and there was no good linkup play between midfield and attack last night apart from Bruno’s ball to Greenwood. Mata probably would have been a better shout than Greenwood on the right. Hindsight is 20/20 we got what we deserved

Guv77

:lol::lol::lol:

A guy who’s so slow he can’t even attempt to take someone on can’t do worse than the guy with 59 goals+assists in the last season and a half. Of course he can, he’d do miles worse. Stupidity at its finest.
Was Beckham fast? was he a dribbler?
Telles doesnt need to dribble past someone to get a cross in.

Zoo

He played within himself until Matic told him to push forward. Not sure why he had to be told like that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes, everything.

90+% of Telles’ goals are from penalties and free kicks. How many does he take for us? 0. So those past goals are completely useless for us. And if Blind pumped in crosses every time he got the ball he’d have as many assists too. He doesn’t though because he largely plays at CB and has an actual brain.
So you’re saying that getting crosses into the boxes is important for fullbacks when it comes to assists? Great point but not sure that makes your “everything” claim any less wrong?

I’ll defer to your encyclopaedic football knowledge re 90%+ goals coming from set-pieces. I’m sure you’ve done the maths.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Halfway through the season and I can comfortably say the best thing about this signing is that it has lit a fire under Shaw's arse.

hubbuh

Yes, everything.

He literally got an assist from a corner last night...

Last edited:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Overreaction in here. He was bought as a backup to Shaw for 15m - has a decent delivery which he's proved already. We know he's not as good as Shaw.

Thought he was fine yesterday. Poor for the 2nd goal but not the main culprit for me

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Telles needs somebody to link with. It doesn't help that our forwards just stand in the box being marked.

He's obviously not very fast so he struggles to beat people on acceleration, but if he gets worked into a good position he can whip a nice cross in.

We expect so much from our fullbacks, Shaw has been having to run the flank all by himself for ages.

Liverpool's forwards don't completely abandon the wings, they always work with the fullbacks, I don't get why we don't use the wings more especially at home.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Telles needs somebody to link with. It doesn't help that our forwards just stand in the box being marked.

He's obviously not very fast so he struggles to beat people on acceleration, but if he gets worked into a good position he can whip a nice cross in.

We expect so much from our fullbacks, Shaw has been having to run the flank all by himself for ages.

Liverpool's forwards don't completely abandon the wings, they always work with the fullbacks, I don't get why we don't use the wings more especially at home.
We play with inside forwards, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood rarely go down the wing to the byline. They always cut inside.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We play with inside forwards, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood rarely go down the wing to the byline. They always cut inside.
Yes that's the point. They cut inside way too early.

When you watch our attacks often the front 3 are just standing there inside the penalty box with their backs to goal, facing our midfield.

None of them make runs in behind, none of them move away from a marker when the ball gets wide.

When the ball goes to the left Rashford should pull out and help dovetail with Shaw/Telles, when it goes right Greenwood should be staying wide and helping AWB get up to the byline.

I'm purely talking about home matches here, clearly it requires a different tactic approach as we struggle badly against teams that sit there with a back 5 and don't move.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

acnumber9

If he’s done one thing since he arrived it’s make me appreciate Luke Shaw a lot more. Even the average version. If you looked up mediocre in the dictionary there would be a picture of Telles lumping a pointless cross into nobody.

Last edited:

Eternitiy

I thought it was a decent display, but Shaw upstaged him in every facet of play when he came onto the pitch. Shaw is so much more dynamic, physical, and progressive. A great tackle to win the ball back for McTominay's goal, and every time we were in possession, Shaw looked to overlap or underlap and drive into the box. Telles was content to stay deep, no urgency in his play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he did well tbh. Shaw is obviously a better player, but Telles is very decent and perfectly capable as a depth piece. We going to blame him because Martial/Rashford/VdB didn't do anything against a parked bus?

AshRK

A decent back up for shaw, that's all I see so far. Nothing special but is not crap either.

Zoo

He was good but he doesn’t link up well with Rashford who was pretty awful apart from the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.