Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Poor defending in general for the 2nd goal but a routine clearance from Telles could've prevented that entire passage of play from happening.

His set pieces are alright but Shaw is playing at a much higher level right now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought we could get away with him for the "easy" game in between the tough games.
Did ok. Is an ok player. Nice corner.

acnumber9

His corners are worth £15m - literally.
They’d need to be because feck all else is. Really poor footballer. Just stands and crosses regardless of whether anyone is there to be crossed to, regardless of whether he’s in a good position to cross. Never takes on a player and can’t defend.

Welbeckham

He really can’t run with or without the ball. We are missing Shaw’s movement whenever he’s not playing. And Telles is average defensively.

ash_86

Wrong game for him to start. I'd trust him vs teams that play football on the ground. Not the second most physical team in the lesghwy

Mohbah88

All he do is to receive the ball and pass it no movement with the ball or without it

sillwuka

He did well on his assist but his overall game concerns me.

He likes to lay the ball off to the winger and run aimlessly down the wing, whether it's Martial or Rashford they never play the ball back to him.

Not great today, he had to be frequently told by teammates where to be. Including the second goal where he was leaving far too much space.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Whenever he crossed, it landed in good areas. Problem is with no Cavani, its just waste of attempts. If we are to play him, Cavani has to start.

Betson

It has been mentioned before that the press were reporting that when we were in for him that Leicester had already turned down the chance to sign him as they
felt his defending was not good enough for the premiership , looks like their scouts are doing better job than ours when it comes to evaluating players.

He is an average player that should be playing for a mid table team.

NinjaFletch

It has been mentioned before that the press were reporting that when we were in for him that Leicester had already turned down the chance to sign him as they
felt his defending was not good enough for the premiership , looks like their scouts are doing better job than ours when it comes to evaluating players.

The worse thing is, I think his defending is better than his attacking!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Got 2 assists in last 2 games. At least he contributes with nice crosses.

Wayne's World

Am I the only one who thought he did okay? Created an assist and with the lack of movement in front of him up front isn't it any wonder he went the safe option sometimes

arthurka

Didn't close down quick enough to prevent the 2nd goal, mind.
Martial lost the ball, DDG fluffed the clearance ect ect. It was a Freakshow of a goal. But yes he contributed to that. Still lacks the intensity for me but he is a ok cover to have for Shaw.

Am I the only one who thought he did okay? Created an assist and with the lack of movement in front of him up front isn't it any wonder he went the safe option sometimes
No thought he was ok..
But the team as a whole just sucked.

ti vu

I was actively saying he's very lacking physical attribute in the transfer thread when we're negotiating his transfer. At his age, don't see any significant improvement from him, and lack physical attributes would be hinderance even against weaker teams. It would be better if we can play back 5 with him on pitch.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Average game from him, great delivery when he gets space, but not a lot else - not that he had much support from anyone around him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Might as well have Charlie Adam at left back if this is what he's serving up. Just taking the odd good corner isn't enough to justify shirking out on defending. You know, your actual main job.

United in sin

Telles is only great at one thing, crossing/set pieces. He tends to look light weight at the back in some duels and his positioning has been off lately. Shaw plays more like he's the veteran/more experienced player between the two. To think many deemed him better than Shaw before he even kicked a ball for united!

G-MUFC

Too early to write him off, but he has to improve a lot.
His closing down for the 2nd goal was disgraceful.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've thought people were a bit harsh on him in previous games where I felt he was ok, but he was poor today. He just doesn't provide anything except crosses (which are normally just randomly put in wherever) and corners (which Shaw has probably been doing better recently). His lack of anything else, particularly when compared to Shaw, played a part in how poor we were at actually building anything today.

croadyman

I was pleased when we signed him but think we all now realise why Reguilon was the first choice, just unfortunate that Real wanted to put that buyback clause in and scuppered any hopes of him joining us

Eternitiy

He's a nothing player. No athleticism, awful movement, no defensive awareness. Truly painful to see how much poorer we are without Shaw.

Davie Moyes

I think people are being harsh on him. They were expecting an upgrade on Shaw when in reality he's a back up / rotation option. If nothing else just being in the squad has really upped Shaw's performances.

Also he's not played much recently so you can't just come in and expect wonders.

He does put some decent balls into dangerous positions but made to look bad when Rashford and Martial are standing next to him on the wing instead of being on the end of crosses.

Ludens the Red

Early days but there’s about ten left backs in the Championship who look to have more to their game than he does. The fact nobody else seems to have wanted him down the years probably says it all.

I’d have preferred us to sign a young and upcoming left back.

SplitzMagic

I don't know why I thought we were getting a beast of a player.

Oh wait I know, it's because he always gets in forms and team of the season cards on fifa which in the real world of Premier league football amounts to nothingness.

Please, why did I think he was all action attack assist slap in long rangers?

He's pretty much been stand still with martial and do a 1-2 with him then pass back to maguire. So many times he thinks he can move forwards and then thinks feck it and goes back the other way.

A duo of telles and martial equals what we saw yesterday.

Pretty much just a cross spammer whenever he's in the oppositions half even if there's nohody to cross to.

15m well spent

SAFMUTD

I don't know how did he got into Brazil's national team when they got players like Renan Lodi, Marcelo, Alex Sandro in that position. He seems so average.

mu4c_20le

Luckily he didn't cost much. We can probably recoup most of the fee if he moves on, I can see him doing well in germany or italy.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hilarious that some thought he'd displace Shaw from the starting 11.

He's nowhere near Shaw as a footballer.

MattyB1986

The type of performance I hope doesn't drop Shaw's intensity. Shockingly bad asides the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.