Alex Telles image 27

Alex Telles Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's just filling holes in the 2nd string as a senior player who is 3rd choice at best for his own position. Probably on big wages though so we'll struggle to get rid.

Idxomer

Getting the role of "don't care how you do, you aren't in my plans so you'll play in whatever position needs a player" treatment i feel like.
It's kind of hilarious really.

Ten Hang's biggest priorities have been Martinez and De Jong and he played one of our worst players in their positions on tour.

Abraxas

He's just filling holes in the 2nd string as a senior player who is 3rd choice at best for his own position. Probably on big wages though so we'll struggle to get rid.
I think I read that his wages were fairly reasonable as he was on a relative pittance in Portugal. Plus he was never signed as a guaranteed starter or for a big fee so that may be an indication. He's done very little to enhance his reputation, though. Could see him in Italy or something but that of course means we will not recoup much.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hag is toying with him. First he played him as a CB, then RB and now a CM.

sillwuka

We paid £13 Million for him so it wouldn't be a disaster if we sold him for half that.

He looked a world beater in videos before we signed him - tenacious, marauding full back with a great set piece...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We paid £13 Million for him so it wouldn't be a disaster if we sold him for half that.

He looked a world beater in videos before we signed him - tenacious, marauding full back with a great set piece...
He's a YouTube merchant.

Alemar

Telles has cemented his place: that was categorically the worst performance I've ever seen in midfield by a United player.
It’s a bit harsh still. There were Djemba-Djemba, Cleverley, Gibson and a few others…

Schnappo

Looks like he's on his way out. Saw from another source that it may be a loan - hopefully that's not the case.

Trex

Looks like he's on his way out. Saw from another source that it may be a loan - hopefully that's not the case.
I don't understand why we should agree to paying part of his wages, he can choose to stay and not get a single game before the world cup let's see if Brazil will take him to Qatar.

Trex

I saw Marca say yesterday Sevilla wanted him with rumoured fee of 8m. Hopefully it isn’t yet another loan - only chance we get Antony is by selling players.
If its for 8m it's no loan.

Trex

Yeah. Hoping that report was accurate as they broke the news Seville wanted him first. The one coming from Brazil today is saying it’s a loan.
We shouldn't be loaning him, he is 29? Sell for whatever you can get out of him.

AndyMUFC

I mean if it's a permanent move it's worth us starting to pay part of the salary for players to get them off their books. If it's a loan it makes little difference.

SAF is the GOAT

Its a loan

We're paying him almost 100K(thanks woody) - no club will take him with that wage

Gopher Brown

Might as well keep him and not play him if we have to pay his loan move. Utterly pointless. He’s nearly 30, it’s not like he’s going to come back and be a key part of the squad

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Might as well keep him and not play him if we have to pay his loan move. Utterly pointless. He’s nearly 30, it’s not like he’s going to come back and be a key part of the squad
The problem with "might as well keep him" logic is its not good for squad morale to have players here who aren't getting minutes. They will drag down training sessions, they'll be disgruntled, and things go south quickly. Its better to pay them to not be here rather then keep them here with no intention of using them. An example of why Pep and Klopp always like smaller squads. If you aren't a starter or in the hypothetical backup 11, and you aren't a young player learning.... What are you doing? Everyone outside of those 3 groups should be sold, loaned, released, whatever. Even if there is no fee.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You only loan someone of his age if you can't sell them, so nobody was willing to buy. Hopefully he impresses in a less explosive league and a club buys him off us next summer.

He was really quite a poor signing despite the low fee. Couldn't cope with the pace of games, never overlapped and was poor defensively.

Superunknown

The problem with "might as well keep him" logic is its not good for squad morale to have players here who aren't getting minutes. They will drag down training sessions, they'll be disgruntled, and things go south quickly. Its better to pay them to not be here rather then keep them here with no intention of using them. An example of why Pep and Klopp always like smaller squads. If you aren't a starter or in the hypothetical backup 11, and you aren't a young player learning.... What are you doing? Everyone outside of those 3 groups should be sold, loaned, released, whatever. Even if there is no fee.
100% agree with this. You've nailed it with those three groups.

This club is pretty awful at moving players on, especially for decent fees. Letting him leave on loan is better than him sitting here and doing nothing, but he really should have been sold. Nothing against the player, but he isn't part of the present or the future, so he needs to be moved on permanently.

El Jefe

We really are the worst club at recruiting Brazilians. All of ours tend to be shite.

This was a poor purchase by Ole if we're being honest. Looking at his style of play he was never going to be a good fit in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.