Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Honestly it looks to me that Shaws infrequent runs forward is more because he has to keep tracking back to cover when we fail to play out from the back quickly enough. I don't see much wrong with him outside of fitness.
Yeah could Shaw not work as a LCB if we brought in Telles as a LWB

Idxomer

I'm hoping this does come off. He's known for his excellent crossing, penalties and set pieces. If he can produce assist numbers anywhere near the Liverpool FBs numbers then we will have a huge upgrade at FB in our XI.
These are already reserved for Bruno who excels at both.

izec

With him and Bruno, we'd probably have one of the best corner and freekick takers duo. Pity our players aren't great at attacking the ball.

Tiber

I knew would be too cheap to sign Sancho. But being so cheap we drag out a deal for a budget-priced left back Porto are keen to sell? Genuinely surprising

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I knew would be too cheap to sign Sancho. But being so cheap we drag out a deal for a budget-priced left back Porto are keen to sell? Genuinely surprising
I don't understand why people criticize the board for being cheap and then turnaround to say everyone wants to take advantage of United with a United tax because they are poor negotiators who always pay over the top for mediocre players.

This is a back up left back with a year left in his deal, refusing to extend it. Just because you're having a boring Sunday doesn't mean Woodward is going to throw an additional 5M Porto's way to get a deal done.

Josep Dowling

20m euros for a player who can walk for free in 3 months time is a lot. I can see why we are haggling over the fee.

prateik

People here acting like money doesnt matter.
I hate to overuse the Fifa/FM analogy, but every time someone complains about us trying to save a few million, like its not a big amount... A FEW MILLION. that's all I can think of.

Totally disconnected from reality.. its just a couple of mouse clicks for them.

If we feel we can save some money on a backup LB by waiting, we totally should.

Saving the same amount for someone who would be a starter and him missing pre season or games because we wanted to save 5m is a different case.. The time/games wasted in that case might not be worth the money saved..

But if there was ever a deal where we shouldnt be in any rush and get the best possible price, this is it.

Drag is late..

Rolaholic

I wouldn't expect him to go for cheaper than the dippers paid for that LB from the Greek league earlier this window :lol:

Red4Life_#7

Lets just sign a pre-agreement with him and get him for free in the summer. We need a fast quality ball playing CB desperately to go next to Maguire, that's more of a priority.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I wouldn't expect him to go for cheaper than the dippers paid for that LB from the Greek league earlier this window :lol:
Sounds like we could settle at around €17m

NoLogo

People here acting like money doesnt matter.
I hate to overuse the Fifa/FM analogy, but every time someone complains about us trying to save a few million, like its not a big amount... A FEW MILLION. that's all I can think of.

Totally disconnected from reality.. its just a couple of mouse clicks for them.

If we feel we can save some money on a backup LB by waiting, we totally should.

Saving the same amount for someone who would be a starter and him missing pre season or games because we wanted to save 5m is a different case.. The time/games wasted in that case might not be worth the money saved..

But if there was ever a deal where we shouldnt be in any rush and get the best possible price, this is it.

Drag is late..
The main argument is always "It's not your money, why are you complaining if we overpay?". I sometimes ask myself if these people actually know that the club doesn't have an infinite supply of money like City or PSG?

Rolaholic

I don’t know why we didn’t just pay €30m a week ago.
Their reported asking price has never been higher than 25m since he's been linked to us...

His release clause is irrelevant with his comtract winding down

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Their reported asking price has never been higher than 25m since he's been linked to us...

His release clause is irrelevant with his comtract winding down
Should have paid €25m last week.

I don’t know why we didn’t just pay €30m a week ago.
Really.

Why didn’t we just pay £40m a month ago?

Can sign for someone on a pre contract in 3 months.

It’s for a player that’s not a guaranteed starter. We hold all the cards here.

Have some patience.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Really.

Why didn’t we just pay £40m a month ago?

Can sign for someone on a pre contract in 3 months.

It’s for a player that’s not a guaranteed starter. We hold all the cards here.

Have some patience.
Should just get it done today and pay €35m

Adamsk7

Problem is, we need him now. We are desperate for some depth in our full back positions - the last three games have taught us that surely?

Chief123

This is a done deal. Was done days ago.

Ignore the noise. Close the thread.

arthurka

With Thiago going for 25m it's fair to say paying 25m for him is really pushing it. 15-17m is a fair offer.

Awla

The main argument is always "It's not your money, why are you complaining if we overpay?". I sometimes ask myself if these people actually know that the club doesn't have an infinite supply of money like City or PSG?
And yet the club continues to give away contracts to the deadwoods with ridiculous amount of wages.

GoldanoGraham

We will pay what we want and have agreed on Thursday 1st October - don’t believe all this twitter nonsense - deal done and agreed - just we’ve agreed not to announce until next Thursday (once we are in a new accounting quarter) - we will them pursue Sancho like lunatics for 4 days.......

Status
Not open for further replies.