Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halftrack

Mount has done absolutely nothing in two years for club and country yet we're trying to convince ourselves he's better than Macallister who's excelled for Brighton and Argentina in that time span.
Try one season, which he's been injured for a decent chunk of and in which Chelsea's been a complete shitshow. Before that he's had three good to very good seasons.

It's good to see the trend of just plucking things out of thin air to argue for and against transfers is still alive and well.

Lee565

Mac allister would be perfect for midfield far more than mount, he fits in a 2 man mid better or a 3 man midfield, I just can't understand why we are wasting time and money on mount when we have more pressing issues to solve with our first 11, I would rather diallo given a chance over mount, I mean if mount was able to make the step up from being on loan at Derby to playing for Chelsea the following then why not diallo who has probably done better than mount at around the same age and that us in spite of ole's mismanagement with him being wasted in reserves

Malone_Post

Try one season, which he's been injured for a decent chunk of and in which Chelsea's been a complete shitshow. Before that he's had three good to very good seasons.
These quotes would suggest otherwise..

The main worry with Mount right now is is his form of the last 18 months a bad run or early burnout like Rooney suffered? It's that slight doubt in my mind that makes me less gutted than I usually would be here.
He’s been very poor for us for about 18 months, so his struggles started before the Boehly bonanza these last few months.

Halftrack

These quotes would suggest otherwise..
Seems a tad ridiculous to claim a 24 year old with four seasons as a starter has peaked and is in decline.

There's a big difference between "struggled with form for 18 months", with his whole club being cack for 2/3 of that, and "done nothing for two years".

Marwood

For feck sake. They have an absolute wank season and they still can sign a World Cup winner in a flash.
He's not exactly a world beater. Just a decent player.

We had our worst season for about 30 years last year and signed Casemiro. Now that's impressive.

Strelok

The caf is convinced every player they sign is going to be the greatest player of all time.

Gakpo and Nunez really ought to have brought that kind of hysteria into check. Two decent, but far from world class players.

Pretty hard for them not to improve upon the current Henderson and Fabinho, the leaving Milner and the frequently injured Thiago. Their days as genuine title contenders are not assured next season just yet.
Thing is not many here rate both Gakpo and Nunez before their move. But we do rate Mac Allister I think. He'd be from a decent to a brilliant signing for them imo. And just what they need the most atm. Personally I really wanted us to sign him, especially with the price being quoted.

Baneofthegame

Thing is not many here rate both Gakpo and Nunez before their move. But we do rate Mac Allister I think. He'd be from a decent to a brilliant signing for them imo. And just what they need the most atm. Personally I really wanted us to sign him, especially with the price being quoted.
On Gakpo and Nunez it’s simply not true, a lot of posters on here wanted both of them signed. By all accounts Liverpool wanted mount as well but have moved on to macallister instead.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I disagree - there were plenty who thought United were idiots for not buying Nunez and Gakpo.

Mac Allister will improve Liverpool but as I said, looking their current midfield most decent premier league midfielders would be an upgrade on current Henderson, current Fabinho, old man of the sea Milner and inury prone Thiago. They've got a solid set of 4 attacking players in Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Diaz and one world class forward in Salah, but they can only play 3 of those at a time and Salah may not be as prolific next season. I think they also need a new CB and another CM in addition to Mac Allister and even then that won't suddenly turn them back into title contenders against this ridiculous 115 charges of financial irregularities City cheating code machine.

Anyway, we can't buy all the players, and this one obviously has a thing for Liverpool because he's surely not going to choose a non-CL club unless he has a preference to join that club. He's a snide cnut as well, so he'll fit right in there.

Strelok

On Gakpo and Nunez it’s simply not true, a lot of posters on here wanted both of them signed. By all accounts Liverpool wanted mount as well but have moved on to macallister instead.
I disagree - there were plenty who thought United were idiots for not buying Nunez and Gakpo.

Mac Allister will improve Liverpool but as I said, looking their current midfield most decent premier league midfielders would be an upgrade on current Henderson, current Fabinho, old man of the sea Milner and inury prone Thiago. They've got a solid set of 4 attacking players in Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Diaz and one world class forward in Salah, but they can only play 3 of those at a time and Salah may not be as prolific next season. I think they also need a new CB and another CM in addition to Mac Allister and even then that won't suddenly turn them back into title contenders against this ridiculous 115 charges of financial irregularities City cheating code machine.

Anyway, we can't buy all the players, and this one obviously has a thing for Liverpool because he's surely not going to choose a non-CL club unless he has a preference to join that club. He's a snide cnut as well, so he'll fit right in there.
I'm not sure about Nunez because I didn't really follow his thread back then. But I did follow the Gakpo thread because there was some rumours that ETH was interested in him. If my memory serves me right most posters including me thought he was kinda average.

Agree that Liverpool seem to be a long way and some really big money from being back to what they were couple seasons ago. But imo Mac Allister would be a very good signing for them. Hope I'd be wrong though.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm not sure about Nunez because I didn't really follow his thread back then. But I did follow the Gakpo thread because there was some rumours that ETH was interested in him. If my memory serves me right most posters including me thought he was kinda average.

Agree that Liverpool seem to be a long way and some really big money from being back to what they were couple seasons ago. But imo Mac Allister would be a very good signing for them. Hope I'd be wrong though.
I think we're actually largely agreeing mate. I think he'll be good for them too, I am more just going against the views of some of the more extreme posters who think they sign this guy then they're winning the league next season and yet cannot see any merit in us signing Mason Mount who is a clear upgrade on every midfielder in our squad bar Casemiro IMO

Chief123

For feck sake. They have an absolute wank season and they still can sign a World Cup winner in a flash.
He’s honestly not as good as some are elevating him to. Him being in a World Cup winning squad along with Brighton having a brilliant season is really over inflating his reputation.

He’s decent and that’s it. No guarantees he’s going to be a success. He’s been at Brighton just over 4 years and has scored and assisted less than Bruno has done just this season. He really has only been a one season wonder so far.

Regarding him being a World Cup winner, let’s not forget so are Romero and and Lloris. Both are trash.

Marwood

Kinda is though, isn't he.
No not really. A player isn't world class just because his team won a world cup. He's just a decent/good player.

It's not some great achievement to sign him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He’s honestly not as good as some are elevating him to. Him being in a World Cup winning squad along with Brighton having a brilliant season is really over inflating his reputation.

He’s decent and that’s it. No guarantees he’s going to be a success. He’s been at Brighton just over 4 years and has scored and assisted less than Bruno has done just this season. He really has only been a one season wonder so far.

Regarding him being a World Cup winner, let’s not forget so are Romero and and Lloris. Both are trash.
Makes it sound like he was a cheerleader on the bench. He started every game for them, except the Saudi Arabia humiliation.

He has become a quality midfielder.

Licha M

Why does he post these terribly mocked up pictures of players in their new kits? It’s like his account is ran by a 14 year old.
Probably because his target demographic are 14 year olds. I agree, it's all very cringe.

Chief123

Makes it sound like he was a cheerleader on the bench. He started every game for them, except the Saudi Arabia humiliation.
Christian Romero, Otamendi and Molina started every game of the World Cup. More than Mac Allister. All of those are gash and I wouldn’t want anywhere near Utd. Just because a player started every game for a world cup winning team, it’s not something to get excited about. I repeat, Lloris is a World Cup winner too.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No not really. A player isn't world class just because his team won a world cup. He's just a decent/good player.

It's not some great achievement to sign him.
I was being facetious, but it's stupid to call him "decent", he is clearly a top level player and has proved as such.

It is an extremely good signing if it ends up being below £50m. You are not going to get a player of his profile, calibre and experience for anything like that. Statistically he performs extremely well as well, even if your "eye test" says he's only decent in your eyes.

mshnsh

I've read alot of comments for and against Mount. Personally, I have never been impressed with him whenever I've seen him for Chelsea or England.

As for Mc Allister, he's had a good season and was good at the World Cup. For the price being quoted, I'd say he would be worth a try.

Harold_Giles

I think Mount is the better player of the two.

Hope we get him signed - if not, MacAllister would have been a good alternative.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Hope he doesn’t turn out as good as fabinho (as shit as he has been the last year). Was convinced we were gonna sign him

Matt851

I think Mount is the better player of the two.

Hope we get him signed - if not, MacAllister would have been a good alternative.
Mounts best position isn't as an 8 though, so I would have preferred mcallister

Strelok

I think we're actually largely agreeing mate. I think he'll be good for them too, I am more just going against the views of some of the more extreme posters who think they sign this guy then they're winning the league next season and yet cannot see any merit in us signing Mason Mount who is a clear upgrade on every midfielder in our squad bar Casemiro IMO
Of course that would be too extreme. But I could understand why some is gutted we don't sign him or would prefer him over Mount.

Whether who is better I have no idea. They're just quite different. Mount imo is more of an attacking midfielder while Mac Allister is more of a central midfielder and a ball carrier who link between the defense and attack. We already have Bruno for the attacking midfielder position. Mac Allister would fill the role of a ball carrier and he would help the defense better imo. Eriksen is a bit too old now and he isn't very great in defending. A midfield of Casemiro - Mc Allister - Bruno would be more balanced than a midfield of Casemiro - Mount - Bruno I think. And clearly I don't think Mount is better than Bruno.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is overrated. Good player without question but some of you behaving like he is some world class player.

Shinjch

55 million sounds much more realistic, but just wait until the Liverpool press get that whittled down.

cyberman

55m. Romano needs to be take out the back and put out of his misery at this stage

Marwood

I was being facetious, but it's stupid to call him "decent", he is clearly a top level player and has proved as such.

It is an extremely good signing if it ends up being below £50m. You are not going to get a player of his profile, calibre and experience for anything like that. Statistically he performs extremely well as well, even if your "eye test" says he's only decent in your eyes.
He's yet to feature in Champions League or Europa League football and is 24. He's not featured for a big club yet and the pressure that brings.

So I'm not sure his profile and experience is all that weighty.

If he came to a United I'd be fairly pleased but it wouldn't be some incredible get.

Him going to Liverpool, with where they are right now feels about right to me. As does the fee.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
No he isn't :houllier: He's a good player but he is nothing like Scholes, he isn't a tempo setter or controlling midfielder or a deep playmaker in the slightest. His passing and technique is nowhere close to that.
Lallana is comparing him to Modric. You prefer that?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lallana is comparing him to Modric. You prefer that?
It's nonsense :lol:
Teammates love to overrated their own. He is a good player but he isn't fit to lace Scholes or Modric's boots. Come on people. He isn't that type of player nor is he even a fraction of their quality.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And to counter that, some are being ridiculous with the criticism
He's a peripheral player whose sense of importance has been inflated with his excellent 'support' role during the World Cup run. He's not a main man midfielder whose going to raise Liverpool's level and I wouldn't rate him higher than a prime Hendo or Gini. Reminds me of a roided Van De Beek signing. Did not want him for United - we need to aim for better.

SATA

The scouse sign a player and the Caf declares he’s world class. United sign a player and he’s average and it’s a waste of money. It’s absolutely mind boggling

Status
Not open for further replies.