Alexis offered to Roma

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes but there should be player who is willing to sign them. We can't just offload them.

For me losing Sanchez is a risk but I don't mind him leaving if it's a permanent transfer. No transfer has fecked the squad like Sanchez transfer did, his high wages means every contract extension has been huge problem for the club. Offload him, press the reset button and pretend he was never here.
Of course we can. We're the richest club in the world am I right? Just loan them elsewhere, let their contracts run down instead of handling them 5 year contracts or do what Sir Alex used to do and sell them on cheap. We got 3m for Philip Neville which was peanuts even for someone with his talent.

devilish

Lukaku will give us 15-20 goals a season, but he is getting worst. Yes we need a replacement, but he is behind Rashford and Martial at the moment, and we have huge young talented Greenwood who is breaking through.
Martial is needed as LW and Greenwood is just a kid. They can't cover for Lukaku's absence unless we add some serious quality on the flanks which would then release Martial. We're extremely light in midfield and upfront. We can't keep losing more players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course we can. We're the richest club in the world am I right? Just loan them elsewhere, let their contracts run down instead of handling them 5 year contracts or do what Sir Alex used to do and sell them on cheap. We got 3m for Philip Neville which was peanuts even for someone with his talent.
What we can, there should be a buying club to offload them, or pay the entire contract to terminate which is silly thing to do.

Sanchez for the wages he is on, offers feck all and liability considering the unrest in the squad, his shit performance and his injuries.

It's better to sell him instead of loaning him out.

M16Red

We also got Dalot who can cover on the wing position, there is no depth problems if we let Sanchez go. No loss of quality either, as Chong already looks like a better player then Sanchez.
Really, did you watch a lot of Chong last season? There is a difference between a player who has played 2(?) EPL games and a seasoned player.

Chong will not make it at Utd IMHO.

red4ever 79

We have replaced Lukaku with Greenwood.
Yup that sounds like the usual planning from Utd. Take a proven premier league goal scorer who despite what everyone thinks about his touch, does score goals, and replace him with a 17 year old kid unproven at senior level.

devilish

What we can, there should be a buying club to offload them, or pay the entire contract to terminate which is silly thing to do.
While its true that giving long term contracts top ups to cretins doesn't really help to get rid off them later on, I am pretty sure that we'll find buyers if we sell them on cheap. Sir Alex used to do that all the time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Martial is needed as LW and Greenwood is just a kid. They can't cover for Lukaku's absence unless we add some serious quality on the flanks which would then release Martial. We're extremely light in midfield and upfront. We can't keep losing more players.
As I've said, its a matter of trusting young players. If we do not believe in those young talents we already had in the club, then yes we should just buy big elsewhere instead.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yup that sounds like the usual planning from Utd. Take a proven premier league goal scorer who despite what everyone thinks about his touch, does score goals, and replace him with a 17 year old kid unproven at senior level.
Thats exactly why Sancho left City, young Pogba left us, and De Bruyne left Chelsea. If you don't have faith in Greenwood making it, then yes, we should just buy big name replacement instead.

roonster09

Scout
While its true that giving long term contracts top ups to cretins doesn't really help to get rid off them later on, I am pretty sure that we'll find buyers if we sell them on cheap. Sir Alex used to do that all the time.
Yeah but we can't change anything that has been done in the past. We can only correct the mistakes and build the team going forward, which needs some important and brave decisions.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
What circumstances exactly? I thought we were the richest club in the world. Also I beg to differ on that strategy as well. By the looks of it we're allowing most players to leave without actually replacing them instead. For example Lukaku, Herrera and Fellaini hasn't been replaced. Sanchez won't be replaced either.

Maybe I am wrong but there's a stench of AC Milan's decline surrounding our club at the moment. Or if you want to feel more homey, a Tampa Bay Buccaneer's stench.
As has been said, squad places and wage bill, we are a club that has one of the highest revenues in sports. That doesn't make us the richest club though and spending needs to be brought back under control.

We can only get rid of what others are willing to take on, so if no one is buying two of our centre backs or Darmian then what exactly are we meant to do ? Sanchez is on the chopping block and without him we still have 7 players who can play in forward positions vying for 3 spots.

Some of those are young, but the pathway needs to be made for them, this is the perfect time to do that, as long as the internal expectations at the club are not too much on these young players then we have no idea what the pressure is like for them, so that is a non-issue.

roonster09

Scout
Going by how Gomes played in the preseason against strong teams like Inter, Spurs, anyone thinks he will be any worse than Sanchez? Yeah Sanchez was great player in the past and for ManUtd he is nothing but poor and injury prone player.

devilish

As I've said, its a matter of trusting young players. If we do not believe in those young talents we already had in the club, then yes we should just buy big elsewhere instead.
its not a matter of trusting the young players alone but also a matter of trusting if they are already ready for the next step + if there is the necessary support around them for these kids to flourish. Many keep mentioning the class of 92. What most forget though is that they were older when they first burst into scene, they could rely on a way better manager and they were surrounded by the likes of Keane, Schmeichel, Irwin, Pally, Daisy and Cantona.

Also I am not comfortable giving too much games to 17-18 year olds. Their body is yet not fully developed and an injury can ruin them later on. I lost count of how many former young prodigies whose career was basically ruined by age 31 due to wear and tear. Rooney, fat Ronaldo, Owen, Kluivert....the list go on and on.

devilish

As has been said, squad places and wage bill, we are a club that has one of the highest revenues in sports. That doesn't make us the richest club though and spending needs to be brought back under control.

We can only get rid of what others are willing to take on, so if no one is buying two of our centre backs or Darmian then what exactly are we meant to do ? Sanchez is on the chopping block and without him we still have 7 players who can play in forward positions vying for 3 spots.

Some of those are young, but the pathway needs to be made for them, this is the perfect time to do that, as long as the internal expectations at the club are not too much on these young players then we have no idea what the pressure is like for them, so that is a non-issue.
We could have easily accepted the bid for Darmian offered a year ago. Meanwhile the likes of Jones and Rojo wouldn't have been here if we didn't offered them ridiculously long contracts. We're extremely light in midfield and upfront having lost Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku without adequately replacing them. We can't keep losing more players and we can't rely on 17-18 year olds with no experience in the EPL to just step up and be counted. That's a challenge which is way bigger to the one faced by the class of 92.

devilish

Going by how Gomes played in the preseason against strong teams like Inter, Spurs, anyone thinks he will be any worse than Sanchez? Yeah Sanchez was great player in the past and for ManUtd he is nothing but poor and injury prone player.
I remember when we beaten Real on a friendly. Was it last year or the year before? That was an eye opener of what would happen next right?

Preseason games mean nothing. Its all about getting players fit and testing new formations.

roonster09

Scout
I remember when we beaten Real on a friendly. Was it last year or the year before? That was an eye opener of what would happen next right?

Preseason games mean nothing. Its all about getting players fit and testing new formations.
Yeah, except I'm not judging how good a team is based on preseason results. I'm saying how a young player played against strong teams in a friendly game.

Even ignoring Gomes, Sanchez has been nothing but liability.

devilish

Yeah, except I'm not judging how good a team is based on preseason results. I'm saying how a young player played against strong teams in a friendly game.
Still, the players he was facing were probably off form or/and adapting to new tactics. Some (like Inter) were absolutely knackered as there's no bigger ahole in preseason then Sergeant major Conte. Real football is different

If Sanchez leaves as well then that speaks volumes about the club's ambitions. He'll be our 4th player who left and hasn't been replaced.

Ps since every one keeps mentioning youths. How did our u23 performed last season? Did they won anything?

roonster09

Scout
Still, the players he was facing were probably off form or/and adapting to new tactics. Some (like Inter) were absolutely knackered as there's no bigger ahole in preseason then Sergeant major Conte. Real football is different

If Sanchez leaves as well then that speaks volumes about the club's ambitions. He'll be our 4th player who left and hasn't been replaced.

Ps since every one keeps mentioning youths. How did our u23 performed last season? Did they won anything?
Retaining Sanchez or selling him has nothing to do with ambition. He is a liability, many Manutd fans even forgot he was ManUtd player.

Also how U23s as a team plays has nothing to do with individuals who are ready for step up.

devilish

Retaining Sanchez or selling him has nothing to do with ambition. He is a liability, many Manutd fans even forgot he was ManUtd player.

Also how U23s as a team plays has nothing to do with individuals who are ready for step up.
Not replacing players that needs to be replaced does

I also presume from your post that our great young stars didn't performed that great at u23 level. Yet we expect them to do well against the big boys

roonster09

Scout
Not replacing players that needs to be replaced does

I also presume from your post that our great young stars didn't performed that great at u23 level. Yet we expect them to do well against the big boys
Going by your posts, I would assume you haven't watched any of our young players or maybe didn't watch Sanchez too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
what makes you think we'll bring a replacement on January? What makes you think we'll be bringing a replacement at all. This is our second underwhelming summer transfer window. Players are simply leaving and not being replaced.

As said if we added a forward and RW then I wouldn't have mind if Lukaku and Sanchez left. However how things stand we're ridiculously light upfront
So we should continue to pay him 300k a week to score 3 goals a year? No thanks.

Give Gomes, Chong and most of all Greenwood his minutes. He's finished. Washed up. Legs have gone.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The issue with Sanchez will always be his wages. Players are sensible. If they see someone who is incredible and carrying a team they will be fine with them earning mega money (see Rooney or Ronaldo). When that player is one of the worst performers (Sanchez) it causes issues and knock on effects.

LInkash

Rashford got the opportunity to breakthrough because we didn't have an experienced back-up player.

I think a lot of us were concerned that when Sanchez got back to full fitness he would take Greenwood's place on the bench and we don't want that do we?

I think we have enough in the forward positions. It's not absolutely ideal but it doesn't need to be perfect right now, we're not competing directly with City this season.

C'est Moi Cantona

Clueless. His sheer presence at the club has caused issues. That wage he gets is ridiculous and has rocked the boat. He simply has to go. We can make do till January.
Hardly his fault, and the players who have an issue with it (if there actually are any) need to get over it, it is obviously why he is been paid more than everyone at the club, perhaps if any United player proves himself to be a truly world class player, run their contract down, and then gets a transfer away without the buying club needing to pay a fee then they'll get the same treatment.

I only get it from the point of view of saving the club his wages, so how does that benefit anyone other than our owners? It is clear we are short on numbers up top, the fact the club were trying for Dybala and Mandzukic for Lukaku means they felt the same.

By January the season could be done, but yeah lets wait until the panic buy window to rectify what's been staring us in the face all summer.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
he's offering us nothing. Gomes could replace what we lose from him, easily.
Gomes can't play as a center striker. So that is utter bullshit.

People seem to be over looking the fact we play a 3 striker system and 2 of our 4 strikers start in it. Anyone happy with unproven and injury prone Greenwood as the ONLY back up striker going forward for the first team is higher than a kite...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Rashford got the opportunity to breakthrough because we didn't have an experienced back-up player.

I think a lot of us were concerned that when Sanchez got back to full fitness he would take Greenwood's place on the bench and we don't want that do we?
what makes you think we can't have Greenwood and Alexis on the same bench?

devilish

Going by your posts, I would assume you haven't watched any of our young players or maybe didn't watch Sanchez too.
I watch as much United games as possible which usually means all first team games and some u23 games. How can we say that the kids are ready for first team football if the u23s has little experience at top level and the u23 had done badly as well? Shouldn't we keep the experienced heads close by just in case they are ready yet or is cutting wages more important that football these days?

I don't mind if Sanchez leave. However let's get replacement for herrera and Lukaku + add a RW first

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Gomes can't play as a center striker. So that is utter bullshit.

People seem to be over looking the fact we play a 3 striker system and 2 of our 4 strikers start in it. Anyone happy with unproven and injury prone Greenwood as the ONLY back up striker going forward for the first team is higher than a kite...
Sanchez can't play LW, RW or striker these days. He's been abysmal at all of them.

roonster09

Scout
I watch as much United games as possible which usually means all first team games and some u23 games. How can we say that the kids are ready for first team football if the u23s has little experience at top level and the u23 had done badly as well? Shouldn't we keep the experienced heads close by just in case they are ready yet or is cutting wages more important that football these days?

I don't mind if Sanchez leave. However let's get replacement for herrera and Lukaku + add a RW first
It's hard to have any discussion when you can't see beyond "we are losing experienced player and kids haven't played at top level" part.

Not sure how anyone can not see how much Sanchez deal has fecked the club when it came to contract extension for every player.

Now matter how u23s did, Greenwood and Gomes showed more than enough to believe they are ready to take the next step. Results is a team achievement, not individual.

Just to make it clear, I don't mind him staying and also don't mind losing him on permanent transfer.

C'est Moi Cantona

Been trying to say the same thing for ages now, it's like people think us saving on Sanchez's wages is somehow going to benefit us on the pitch, and that we have 3-4 U23's ready to fit seamlessly into the first team.

We seem to be recklessly get rid of players with little for regard for replacements atm, and it'll bite us on the arse soon enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: We won’t be signing llorente ffs :lol:

It was just a press rumour to get him a last minute move.

He’s literally the opposite of what Solskjaer wants.

Sanchez clearly wants to leave and he’s rarely been committed to the club. He’s getting more and more injuries and on ridiculous wages. Best to get rid. I’d rather give Gomes or Chong the bench minutes.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Sanchez clearly wants to leave and he’s rarely been committed to the club. He’s getting more and more injuries and on ridiculous wages. Best to get rid. I’d rather give Gomes or Chong the bench minutes.
Exactly.

Some people on here are so desperate for big names that they just foolishly hope he recovers his form. He's finished. Lost pace and his edge. It happens to some players at 30 and some at 35. Seems like Sanchez was earlier on like Rooney.

Let's look to the future now not the past.

gr3yham3

He does not fit into Ole's main plans, but I won't be surprised if we do sign him on a free if we manage to offload Sanchez and I won't complain about it. I remember how there were times last season when we needed that battering ram upfront, and Llorente can be an option to call from the bench when the need is dire for the last 15 minutes of a match or so.

Allas8

Really, did you watch a lot of Chong last season? There is a difference between a player who has played 2(?) EPL games and a seasoned player.

Chong will not make it at Utd IMHO.
As far as being a attacker, being inexperienced matter not so much, as long as they have the confidence to take on the defenders. Chongs talent is undeniable, the only thing he is missing is regular first team football. He has been training regularly with the first team all of 2019, the fact that he did not get loaned out this summer should be a sign of how highly the coaching staff at the club rates Chong.

And just for the the record: Martial, Rashford, Lingard, James, Greenwood, Mata and Andreas are all ahead of Chong in the queue to first team football. Defensively Dalot will also play ahead of Chong on the RW.

M16Red

As far as being a attacker, being inexperienced matter not so much, as long as they have the confidence to take on the defenders. Chongs talent is undeniable, the only thing he is missing is regular first team football. He has been training regularly with the first team all of 2019, the fact that he did not get loaned out this summer should be a sign of how highly the coaching staff at the club rates Chong.

And just for the the record: Martial, Rashford, Lingard, James, Greenwood, Mata and Andreas are all ahead of Chong in the queue to first team football. Defensively Dalot will also play ahead of Chong on the RW.
Again did you watch him last season?

We could have easily accepted the bid for Darmian offered a year ago. Meanwhile the likes of Jones and Rojo wouldn't have been here if we didn't offered them ridiculously long contracts. We're extremely light in midfield and upfront having lost Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku without adequately replacing them. We can't keep losing more players and we can't rely on 17-18 year olds with no experience in the EPL to just step up and be counted. That's a challenge which is way bigger to the one faced by the class of 92.
I agree that we should have shipped out Darmian and Rojo - we wouldn’t notice if they went. Like Sanchez.

Herrera, Fellaini and Lukuku have all been replaced by academy players - McTominay, Pereira and Greenwood - and we won’t miss any of the players we have sold.

We still have over 30 first team players - letting Sanchez go is a (small) risk, but if we can get someone take a player who is going to cost us £50m (or whatever it is) for the remainder of his contract - that’s well worth it.

I can cope with us loosing a player who has scored 3 goals in 18 months.

devilish

It's hard to have any discussion when you can't see beyond "we are losing experienced player and kids haven't played at top level" part.

Not sure how anyone can not see how much Sanchez deal has fecked the club when it came to contract extension for every player.

Now matter how u23s did, Greenwood and Gomes showed more than enough to believe they are ready to take the next step. Results is a team achievement, not individual.

Just to make it clear, I don't mind him staying and also don't mind losing him on permanent transfer.
Its more the case that I find this dismantling of United's squad as sad and the excuse of replacing them with 17-19 year olds who had not really proven themselves as a team in any level as silly

If we wanted Sanchez out then by all means we should have sold him up. But we can't keep losing players and not replacing them. I am in no mood to celebrate the fact that the Glazers will spare a couple of millions off the salary bill either since I don't trust them in strenghtening the squad either

roonster09

Scout
Its more the case that I find this dismantling of United's squad as sad and the excuse of replacing them with 17-19 year olds who had not really proven themselves as a team in any level as silly

If we wanted Sanchez out then by all means we should have sold him up. But we can't keep losing players and not replacing them. I am in no mood to celebrate the fact that the Glazers will spare a couple of millions off the salary bill either since I don't trust them in strenghtening the squad either
Yet but we are not selling useful player. We are trying to offload a liability on and off the pitch.

Also Glazers take out money in dividends, not every money saved.