Alexis offered to Roma

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe you should watch few Greenwood games before dismissing their performance like that.

Going by your posts anyone would believe Sanchez was an asset, not a liability on the pitch. Young players who may or may not step up > proven shit players.
I am not dismissing anyone. I'm asking for patience. Let football do the talking not the hype.

Sanchez is proven quality. He might or might not be finished. However if he's still 50% the player he once was then he's better then most of our current players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well he's 17, he barely have any EPL experience and he's probably part of the same 'elite' U23 who had been relegated to division 2. That's quite surprising considering how ridiculously rated our kids are.

I find clubs who give deadwood long term contracts and refuse to replace players as sad. As a big admirer of AC Milan of the late 80s-early 90s, I found their descend as tragic. Its a shame that we seem to have taken such route as well
Well he wasn't part of the team that was relegated, he was part of the U18s who were scoring shit loads of goals.

Well you don't want us to clear the deadwood and end up in this infinite shit cycle.

R'hllor

Since he got here, he almost did feck all in general let alone if you compare his contribution vs his wages. JM basically took a dump on Martial entering in form at that period, Rashford and Martial were shafted on the right were they are not so good just so on left Sanchez could do 2-3/10 week in week out.

I really dont see the benefits of his performances so far, most disappointing thing for me that his work rate and ethic looks dead and i was hoping there that he could rub others in squad with that aura.

Reasons why they trying to get rid of him, could be corporate move to remove his wages or maybe its for footballing reasons, maybe he and his wage has negative impact on team mates around him. We dont know players on personal level but his performances are not even close to his wage and maybe his work rate on training sucks also. Maybe players look at him and think " look at this mf, he works 2 times less than me and earn 3 times more while producing piss poor performances on the pitch", dunno.

roonster09

Scout
I am not dismissing anyone. I'm asking for patience. Let football do the talking not the hype.
Yeah, and how can they showcase their talent when under age level performances are written off, want shit players to retain their position in the first team instead of making places for young players in first team?

devilish

Well he wasn't part of the team that was relegated, he was part of the U18s who were scoring shit loads of goals.

Well you don't want us to clear the deadwood and end up in this infinite shit cycle.
So we're expecting the U18 star to just jump with the top guys and perform? How many EPL games had Greenwood played? How many goals had he scored? Why wasn't he trusted at U23 level?

Also I want the deadwood to go but only after we have ensured we've got adequate players to replace them first. We can't keep on losing players.

devilish

Yeah, and how can they showcase their talent when under age level performances are written off, want shit players to retain their position in the first team instead of making places for young players in first team?
No one will be forcing us to play Sanchez unless he deserves it. If he's doing badly then others would be playing instead. However by retaining Sanchez we will have options. Even at 50%, Sanchez is better then most of the players we've got.

Why are we so desperate to get rid of players considering that we're not replacing them? Are you getting some bonus that I'm missing?

roonster09

Scout
So we're expecting the U18 star to just jump with the top guys and perform? How many EPL games had Greenwood played? How many goals had he scored? Why wasn't he trusted at U23 level?

Also I want the deadwood to go but only after we have ensured we've got adequate players to replace them first. We can't keep on losing players.
Watch Cardiff game and see how good he was

roonster09

Scout
No one will be forcing us to play Sanchez unless he deserves it. If he's doing badly then others would be playing instead. However by retaining Sanchez we will have options. Even at 50%, Sanchez is better then most of the players we've got.

Why are we so desperate to get rid of players considering that we're not replacing them? Are you getting some bonus that I'm missing?
Because he is shit and liability.

devilish

Watch Cardiff game and see how good he was
Lets kids settle in the first team slowly and once they are mentally and physically mature to do so. Not because the club is in full cost cutting mode. That's the Sir Alex's way.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I rather he stays.

We only have Rashford, Martial, him and Greenwood as our strikers. And Greenwood is only 17 and there’s no need to rush him into that many games just yet. I think Ole will need to play 3 up front in some games especially against teams who come to defend.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Lets kids settle in the first team slowly and once they are mentally and physically mature to do so. Not because the club is in full cost cutting mode. That's the Sir Alex's way.
What? Sir Alex sold a bunch of experienced players and replaced them with a bunch of kids, there was nothing slowly about it at all. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.

The one time Sir Alex tried to slowly ease in a super talented youngster, he walked out on a free, straight into a midfield at one of the top teams in Europe, then we paid a world record fee to get him back.

So cut the crap, literally, cut our losses with shite like Sanchez who aren’t going to develop with game time and give it to a kid who will. Look at Klopp and what he did with TAA and Gomez, look at Poch at Spurs. Trust the kids who are ready to step up before they find a club that will.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah that's why they will be back up players, not first choice.

devilish

What? Sir Alex sold a bunch of experienced players and replaced them with a bunch of kids, there was nothing slowly about it at all. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.

The one time Sir Alex tried to slowly ease in a super talented youngster, he walked out on a free, straight into a midfield at one of the top teams in Europe, then we paid a world record fee to get him back.

So cut the crap, literally, cut our losses with shite like Sanchez who aren’t going to develop with game time and give it to a kid who will. Look at Klopp and what he did with TAA and Gomez, look at Poch at Spurs. Trust the kids who are ready to step up before they find a club that will.
the class of 92 were older then Greenwood/Gomes and co and were gradually eased in a settled and top quality side. Giggs was first and was surrounded by Irwin, Keane, Ince and Cantona. Then Gaz was next. He had Pally, Bruce, Schmeichel and Keane around him. Then it was Butt, Scholes and Beckham turn. Even with such plan in mind, Sir Alex still felt that he was being too rash. In fact he spent an entire summer trying to bring Anderton from Spurs.

We've now got a very weak and inexperienced side with a manager to match.

Smores

This obsession with chucking youngsters in at the deep end is one of the most idiotic things on here. I blame LvG and his bullshit philosophy.

As if managers can't play a youngster if there's an older player in the team :rolleyes:

devilish

Yeah that's why they will be back up players, not first choice.
The EPL is long especially and physically demanding + we've got the Europa league as well. Rest assured that we'll be relying on 'backup' players far more then we need. Id rather see us have options at this point. We're too light upfront.

Oh well we're going in circles here.

devilish

This obsession with chucking youngsters in at the deep end is one of the most idiotic things on here. I blame LvG and his bullshit philosophy.

As if managers can't play a youngster if there's an older player in the team :rolleyes:
I think its more about fans being desperate to toe in line with the club's policy. I am honestly terrified. I've already seen AC Milan being reduced to a joke as cost cuttings became the real priority over anything else. By the looks of it we're heading to that direction as well.

theklr

Much of this discussion is pointless and pure speculation if its actually Alexis himself who wants to move. Since he wont be a starter (in PL games at least) , he might want to move to a club where he has a good chance of starting more often. We could deny a move ofcourse, but why hold on to a expensive, not-so-good player who wants to move?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Gomes can't play as a center striker. So that is utter bullshit.

People seem to be over looking the fact we play a 3 striker system and 2 of our 4 strikers start in it. Anyone happy with unproven and injury prone Greenwood as the ONLY back up striker going forward for the first team is higher than a kite...
Except you haven't read what I typed have you? I put Gomes can replace what we lost, because what have we lost? An injury prone player who scored twice and hasn't been used as a striker since he's been here. Now all of a sudden he's a striker in your eyes. Bollocks.

Kostov

You have to think about the wider impact on the squad though. If the players see him doing nothing every day, picking up more money than all of them, the dressing room is going to remain a powderkeg waiting to explode. We need to get him out of sight even if it means paying half his wage to leave.
That's why we have a manager and a team around him. In the same time the squad should be concerned with their performances more and keep their mouth shut. 90% of them are overpaid and would never get the same wages at another club. Also Ole just spoke very kindly of him being a good pro and dedicated. I think we should play our cards right. The damage is already done with his enormous contract, if we are still paying him I'd rather have him as an option than only Greenwood.

C'est Moi Cantona

We're reaching a point where we'll have no option soon, I still can't believe the calm over Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku not been replaced, and now most people are trying to hound Sanchez out of the club, in knowledge that he can't be replaced.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We're reaching a point where we'll have no option soon, I still can't believe the calm over Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku not been replaced, and now most people are trying to hound Sanchez out of the club, in knowledge that he can't be replaced.
In knowledge that hes finished

Judas

Open to offers
The only reason I'd want him to stay is illogical wishful thinking that he can still be useful, but it just seems very unrealistic at this point. That and the idea of paying his wages while he's out on loan disgusts me.

C'est Moi Cantona

In knowledge that hes finished
How are you so confidently reaching that conclusion? In the main everyone has been utter crap in the time Sanchez has been here.

I am not dead set against him going, but for him to be going and to be replaced by no one, on the top of who we have already lost, and with us likely taking a big financial hit, is just madness imo.

Kag

I want him to stay. He knows where the net is and there’s no guarantee that our forwards do.

Rashford and Martial are expected to perform and score goals and that pressure is only right. But Chong, Greenwood and Gomes - or James, for that matter - don’t really need that sort of pressure, especially if we start to struggle to break teams down.

That said, if Ole is so moved to get rid then you assume he has good reasons for doing so. He’s seeing something he doesn’t like, so I can trust him on that front.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How are you so confidently reaching that conclusion? In the main everyone has been utter crap in the time Sanchez has been here.

I am not dead set against him going, but for him to be going and to be replaced by no one, on the top of who we have already lost, and with us likely taking a big financial hit, is just madness imo.
Hes been by far the worst.

Anyway if hes going, it must be because he wants out, also if we see no long term future for him better to ship him out and give the game time to Greenwood. Its a big risk (short term), but in the long term I think its the best move if we believe in Greenwood

I can only imagine if Ole is sanctioning the move, that he feels Sanchez staying would be more disruptive to the dressing room and squad harmony than him leaving (same with Lukaku)

On top of all that, with his legs clearly gone, he won't be any use in Oles pressing game, the overall success of the whole tactically is more important long term than an individual

C'est Moi Cantona

Hes been by far the worst.

Anyway if hes going, it must be because he wants out, also if we see no long term future for him better to ship him out and give the game time to Greenwood. Its a big risk (short term), but in the long term I think its the best move if we believe in Greenwood

I can only imagine if Ole is sanctioning the move, that he feels Sanchez staying out be more disruptive to the dressing room and squad harmony than him leaving (same with Lukaku)

On top of all that, with his legs clearly gone, he won't be any use in Oles pressing game
It's a monumental risk, we need CL next season or the consequences will be bad.

Ole is an intelligent man, so I just can't believe he is happy with the depth he has in midfield in and attack, so I don't think this would be his call, it was only 2 weeks ago we after Dybala and Mandzuckic to replace Lukaku, now we're supposed to believe that having all these kids around the squad was the plan all along, it's nonsense.

For whatever reason it just seems the club are pushing some sort of cost cutting, and with little regard for the consequences.

red4ever 79

It isn't nonsense, Ole has said as much.
I dont care what Ole says. It is nonsense to replace a proven premier league goal scorer with an unproven 17 year old.

It's no different to replacing Ronaldo with Valencia. Oops we did actually do that as well didnt we.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Been trying to say the same thing for ages now, it's like people think us saving on Sanchez's wages is somehow going to benefit us on the pitch, and that we have 3-4 U23's ready to fit seamlessly into the first team.

We seem to be recklessly get rid of players with little for regard for replacements atm, and it'll bite us on the arse soon enough.
The level Sanchez' been on since signing, putting him on the pitch is absolutely not going to benefit the team in any way. If a club wants to take him on that's great imo.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Lukaku must be so pissed off right now about this potential reunion.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think we have a good group of players, Sanchez is a big name so I think it would upset the team chemistry if he sit on the bench. I think he wants to leave as well. Yes, we are short in midfield and striker but letting him leave is a good decision. Gomes can definitely fill his role. Chong still need u-23 games, he can be call in if needed but he is not ready whereas Gomes and Greenwood is almost ready.

roonster09

Scout
I dont care what Ole says. It is nonsense to replace a proven premier league goal scorer with an unproven 17 year old.

It's no different to replacing Ronaldo with Valencia. Oops we did actually do that as well didnt we.
Good comparison is replacing Obertan with whichever player we did. Bit better than Obertan though tbf to Sanchez.

Edit: looks like this is regarding Lukaku, in that case ignore my post

red4ever 79

Good comparison is replacing Obertan with whichever player we did. Bit better than Obertan though tbf to Sanchez.

Edit: looks like this is regarding Lukaku, in that case ignore my post
It doesnt really matter to be honest. You cant replace a proven premier league goal scorer with an unproven 17 year despite what potential he has.

Eugenius

We definitely have to get rid of him. Can’t have a sulky bench warmer ruining our wage structure. Honestly, if 500k a week is true, we’re paying him 75m for the next three years for him to contribute nothing. Don’t mind being left short up front for 6 months to get rid. Not even sure he’d add more than Greenwood/James on the pitch, he’s not been any good for two years.

Gavinb33

I want him to stay. He knows where the net is and there’s no guarantee that our forwards do.

Rashford and Martial are expected to perform and score goals and that pressure is only right. But Chong, Greenwood and Gomes - or James, for that matter - don’t really need that sort of pressure, especially if we start to struggle to break teams down.

That said, if Ole is so moved to get rid then you assume he has good reasons for doing so. He’s seeing something he doesn’t like, so I can trust him on that front.
Since when does he know where the net is 2 years pretty much since he has made any sort of telling contribution with goals and any sort of form