Alexis offered to Roma

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Sanchez only friend was Lukaku , the guy is known to being lonely all the time. Thats the total opposite of what Ole wants.

TRUERED89

If Sanchez leaves, that means one less option for the attacking lines. Lingard, Martial, Rashford will be the only ‘established’ attackers, with James and Greenwood as depth. I dont know if it’s a great idea to loan Sanchez with that lack of depth.
Agreed, as shite as Sanchez is we're lacking depth upfront, Rom obviously wasn't replaced either.

Njord

Don't see the problem with getting rid. I haven't seen anything in his time here to suggest that he would replace Lukaku's goals this season.

If we relied on James, Chong, Greenwood and Gomes to replace Lukaku, there isn't really much difference if we ask them to replace Lukaku+Sanchez.

Esquire

After Lukaku’s departure it wouldn’t be crazy to keep Sanchez. Unless Sanchez wants out can’t see the rationale behind this move.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Presumably if one of Rashford or Lingard get injured, Mata comes in at the 10 (or a midfielder with Pogba pushed up), and Lingard and James the 2 wide players. If another injury, Greenwood/Chong/Gomes. They're squad members, and I'm happy they are. They're quality young players and I think theyll do fine in bigger roles, no worse than Sanchez. Both Samchez and Mata are certainly 2 who we can just give all their minutes to Chong and Gomes and see no decrease in quality.
There's a huge difference between games at pre-season/academy and real football. Sanchez didn't had the best of time at United but we know he's far better to what he showed with us so far. What's the point of taking more risks then we already taken? Aren't the Glazers happy by simply pocketing 80m euros of Lukaku's deal without having to spend a single dime to replace him? Do they want to take such huge risk to avoid paying a measly 4-5m salary as well?

Honestly I would have been thrilled to see his back if we brought in an adequate replacement but we simply didn't. James is nothing but pace, we've got no RW and Martial will be needed upfront to relieve Rashy.

Jacob

I would back a sale with commitment to pay wages, more sceptical about a loan though.

hobbers

He's never going to be fit enough for the Prem so keeping him is pointless. Regardless of whether we have enough striker options.

It's the same as counting Bailly and Jones as centrebacks. They're fit about 1 game in 4 so what's the point?

Esquire

You can never win on RedCafe. You begged for Sanchez to leave, nobody will take him under 'normal circumstances' though. This is the tradeoff.
That’s true. He is pretty damaged merchandise. But still don’t understand why now after Lukaku’s departure. We would be left way too thin and inexperienced.

Prodigy24

What's the point of loaning him out if we're still going to pay his wages? Why not keep him for the season, considering we sold Lukaku and are short in strikers. Makes no sense.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Good deal if Roma pay 50% or more of his wages. Do it Woody.

Lebowski

You can never win on RedCafe. You begged for Sanchez to leave, nobody will take him under 'normal circumstances' though. This is the tradeoff.
Wait, are you joking or can you honestly not understand why United fans who wanted him to leave are also unhappy with the idea of paying him to play on loan for another club the day after the transfer window closed?

MadMike

I reckon we'll pick up Llorente as a body to sit on the bench.
That would only make sense if Sanzchez was being permanently transferred (or loan with obligation to by) and we didn't have to pick up 2/3s of his wage. Otherwise the financial difference is very small and we might as well keep Sanchez in case he perks up and someone comes in for him from China.

Because there's 0 chance Roma would make the move permanent while he has another 2 years (after this) remaining at more than £350k pw. Which means that we're back in the same position next summer without being better off either financially or as a squad. Pointles.

Last edited:

hobbers

Obviously the best thing to do is offer him on loan with part of his wages paid. With a clause to recall him if injuries got really really dire.

Even if we're only saving 100k/week. That's still £4m saved over a season long loan.

Infestissumam

hope it's true. Paying half his wages and hoping he does well in Italy is better than the continuing frustration of him shitting the bed and still taking away game time from the youngsters.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's a huge difference between games at pre-season/academy and real football. Sanchez didn't had the best of time at United but we know he's far better to what he showed with us so far. What's the point of taking more risks then we already taken? Aren't the Glazers happy by simply pocketing 80m euros of Lukaku's deal without having to spend a single dime to replace him? Do they want to take such huge risk to avoid paying a measly 4-5m salary as well?
Theres a difference, but Sanchez failed massively for 1.5 years here and has no drive whatsoever to turn that around. Him being here does more harm then good. The youngsters have to step up of course, but even if they don't, they won't be worse than Sanchez was. It's not about making a step up, it's a risk free situation getting rid of Sanchez because he didnt do a single thing of worth anyway.

And yeah, it's one thing to be cautious about youngsters, but they do make the step up all the time. Ole clearly trusts them to do it. What exactly will Sanchez provide that they can't other than being older (past it) and being awful out on the pitch?

devilish

What's the point of loaning him out if we're still going to pay his wages? Why not keep him for the season, considering we sold Lukaku and are short in strikers. Makes no sense.
that's how I see it

devilish

Theres a difference, but Sanchez failed massively for 1.5 years here and has no drive whatsoever to turn that around. Him being here does more harm then good. The youngsters have to step up of course, but even if they don't, they won't be worse than Sanchez was. It's not about making a step up, it's a risk free situation getting rid of Sanchez because he didnt do a single thing of worth anyway.

And yeah, it's one thing to be cautious about youngsters, but they do make the step up all the time. Ole clearly trusts them to do it. What exactly will Sanchez provide that they can't other than being older (past it) and being awful out on the pitch?
Then FFS sell him but only after bringing in some solid replacement first. These days you can count our quality attacking options on one hand. FFS if United were real title contenders then Rashy & Martial would be squad players, James would still running in the championship while Lingard would be at Watford. Instead the former two had suddenly became crucial first teamers while the latter two are slowly becoming first teamers. That's the situation at United right now.

An unlikely but still realistic return to his Arsenal's form might be enough for us to scrap it to 4th place. We can't sell that option out for just few millions spared.

pablo__p

Seems we want that extra 4mil or so in savings despite having no offensive prowess whatsoever among the current group.
Simply: uber-lol.

Marcus

Not now please. We are so light up front without Lukaku.

R'hllor

If true, only reason for it is that they dont want him around the club, maybe somewhere else he could have decent season and use it as showcase for next transfer window.

TRUERED89

Honestly I would have been thrilled to see his back if we brought in an adequate replacement but we simply didn't. James is nothing but pace, we've got no RW and Martial will be needed upfront to relieve Rashy.
Atleast wait for a few PL/cup games before you write him off as just pace from pre-season! We'll see...

red4ever 79

Feck me if this went through i would go from being depressed and angry to jumping through hoops. Rating of the transfer window would go from 4/10 to 10/10

MadMike

Darmian, Rojo and Sanchez are the 3 clearly useless players who I think Ole will try everything he can to get rid of, but we'll see. As a supporter, I'd be happy enough to see him gone even if we pay 50-60% of his wages. Its money the glazers aren't pocketing while simply removing Sanchez means more time for Chong, Greenwood and Gomes.
Two of those are ready to contribute but neither of them seems ready to be consistently relied on. Letting go of Sanchez without replacement means we'll be relying on them and that means they'll be under a lot of undue pressure.

That's the opposite of good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Which begs the question, was Ole lying this morning or did Ed go behind his back and offer Sanchez to Roma without his manager's consent or knowledge?
Or is the whole story fake

I know which one my money is on ;)

devilish

Atleast wait for a few PL/cup games before you write him off as just pace from pre-season! We'll see...
that's fair enough. However you must agree that at most he should be considered as squad member at best. Considering how light we are upfront, we need all the help we can get and we can't afford loaning people around in a bid to spare a million or two of salary money.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You would say such a thing.
A massive problem last season was his prolonged injury under Ole. If he could stay fit I'd want to see what he can do with a run of games.

We are quick to shit on his input but he never had the chance to actually play himself into form. And yet we are fine watching Martial put on shower of shite performances for the closing period of last year.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yeah but @devilish, we're not real title contenders.

And we might as well just get rid on loan because that's the only way we get him out of the squad. Nobody, not even from China will pay him the wages he earns nor the appearance bonus so we're stuck with him otherwise being a detriment to the squad.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't get shifting him at this point when we're so short of potential game changers. Yeah he's been cack, but sending him on loan and paying most or all his wages seems completely bizarre.

edgar allan

A massive problem last season was his prolonged injury under Ole. If he could stay fit I'd want to see what he can do with a run of games.

We are quick to shit on his input but he never had the chance to actually play himself into form. And yet we are fine watching Martial put on shower of shite performances for the closing period of last year.
He has had a year and a half to find some form, the form has gone.

Jacob

That’s true. He is pretty damaged merchandise. But still don’t understand why now after Lukaku’s departure. We would be left way too thin and inexperienced.
Doubt he would be the difference between finishing 5th and 4th. The probability that he will come around and improve is small to be fair. Rather that game time goes to Greenwood/Gomes.