Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Fergie: Barca beat me to £35m Sanchez... but Sneijder and Modric are still in my sights | Mail Online

The 'article' starts with "Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he was prepared to break a club record to take Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United."

Uhh, where's the fecking quote? Or is it because this Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime says so, so it must be true? :rolleyes:
Well, you'd think if they'd got an exclusive...don't see this story anywhere else....that they could have managed a quote or two.

Just to make it sound a bit more believable like....

Devil may care

Manchester United could sign Alexis Sanchez if Barcelona land Cesc Fabregas - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to sign top target Alexis Sanchez – if rivals Barcelona grab Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.

Ferguson and the United money men have refused to budge on a £28million offer to Udinese for Chilean star Sanchez – but their dream of signing the South American could get a double boost this week.

Barca’s “final” bid for Sanchez is £24m plus an extra £10m in appearances, a package that has yet to be accepted by the Italian club – with United’s offer a greater amount in guaranteed cash.

And amazingly the £10m add-ons are based on Sanchez playing in 50 per cent of games in the next four seasons – money that may never come.

The Champions League winners are at full stretch financially and that offer will not be increased, and could even be withdrawn, if they land Gunners skipper Fabregas in the next few days.

Ferguson and supremo David Gill are playing a canny waiting game. It is now three weeks since Gill met Udinese and the Sanchez camp to make their pitch.

United know Sanchez is keen to play for them and their argument that he would be a starter at Old Trafford rather than a squad man at the Camp Nou would also be boosted by Fabregas’s switch.

However Ferguson and Gill will not up their bid as they think Udinese will come back to them.

United have looked at options like Arsenal’s Samir Nasri, Inter Milan’s Wesley Sneijder and Tottenham’s Luka Modric. But all are expensive and difficult to push through.

Nasri’s wage demands and fee put them off. Sneijder would have no re-sale value, while Modric’s fee would also be too big although there are swap possibilities.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Total and utter speculation, not anything even remotely looking like a fact

EDIT: loved the bit about no sell on value with Sneijder :lol:

tintedsepia

Bollocks!

Even if I were to concede that it is just possible we were playing a waiting game for Sanchez - the article lost me at this point:-

"United know Sanchez is keen to play for them..."

We know he's keen to play for Barca.

Newspaper column inches - where do they get this bollocks from.

We're getting more reliable information from Twitter!!!

Devil may care

I imagine they are going off the articles saying he was happy to come to us if the Barca deal couldn't be reached, the only thing that has been clear is he doesn't want to go to City.

Hal9000

Total and utter speculation, not anything even remotely looking like a fact

EDIT: loved the bit about no sell on value with Sneijder :lol:
Technically there isn't. Think the policy is to sign players, that we can get what we paid for, or at least more if we decided to sell. If we brought Sneijder for £35-40 million, at 27, we will never be able to recoup anywhere near that in 3 years time.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Technically there isn't. Think the policy is to sign players, that we can get what we paid for, or at least more if we decided to sell. If we brought Sneijder for £35-40 million, at 27, we will never be able to recoup anywhere near that in 3 years time.
I think that the main aim is to bring in value for money. At 29 Ashley Young would not be near the 20m mark, we've paid for him. On the other hand considering the prices being paid at the moment, the versatility and age of the player, its worth spending 20m on him.

VoetbalWizard

I think that the main aim is to bring in value for money. At 29 Ashley Young would not be near the 20m mark, we've paid for him. On the other hand considering the prices being paid at the moment, the versatility and age of the player, its worth spending 20m on him.
The "value for money" part is closer to finding the equilibrium between sell-on value and player deprecation....i.e., young is fine because at age 25, he's signed a 5 year contract and cost 20 million(i think it is less, but less use 20) to bring in.

in our accounts, we'll write down his book value by 4 million. At age 29, he'll have only 1 year left on his contract but his book value will be only 4 million.

Even with 1 year left on his contract, he'd be worth more than 4 million in the market at age 29. Hence he is 'value for money'.

This isn't the only part of valuation as you need to take into account how much a replacement would cost.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The "value for money" part is closer to finding the equilibrium between sell-on value and player deprecation....i.e., young is fine because at age 25, he's signed a 5 year contract and cost 20 million(i think it is less, but less use 20) to bring in.

in our accounts, we'll write down his book value by 4 million. At age 29, he'll have only 1 year left on his contract but his book value will be only 4 million.

Even with 1 year left on his contract, he'd be worth more than 4 million in the market at age 29. Hence he is 'value for money'.

This isn't the only part of valuation as you need to take into account how much a replacement would cost.
I don't think that its as clear cut as you're portraying it to be. At this point in time we really needed to find Giggs replacement on the flank. Young provided experience, talent and pace and he's versatile (he can cover both flanks + play upfront). 20M is a steal considering the prices being asked for midfielders/wingers.

kiristao

I don't think that its as clear cut as you're portraying it to be. At this point in time we really needed to find Giggs replacement on the flank. Young provided experience, talent and pace and he's versatile (he can cover both flanks + play upfront). 20M is a steal considering the prices being asked for midfielders/wingers.
Specially if they are English..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Strange article by Mirror. Sanchez isn't expensive for us, but Nasri is?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You've totally missed the point about why that comment was so :lol: worthy haven't you?

Jonno

Lazy journalism from the Mirror today. They have basically speculated about the main 5 or 6 players to be discussed in this transfer window. Well done.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Lazy journalism from the Mirror today. They have basically speculated about the main 5 or 6 players to be discussed in this transfer window. Well done.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
feck that, if he wants to go to Barca over us then let him I say.

(it probably helps that I've never seen the fecker and think we need reinforcements in other areas)
Yeah i agree, but what if they cant afford him - which is likely the reason they're stalling & if we can take him of Udinese's hands then so be it.

I couldnt care less we weren't his first choice. I'd say i'm not my Missus' first choice either, but she's stuck with me now & seems happy with her choice :D

Yeah man we need other types of players alright, but this lad is a gem, much the same as when Ronaldinho became available - if you can get him - he'll improve the team. He's better than alot of what we have, most certainly will be regarded in the same league as Ronnie, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Dong etc..

Cina

At this stage I could really only see him coming here if Berbatov was sold.

Cina

dont see the connection.
Sanchez is as much of a winger as Messi, Ronaldo, Pedro etc are. He'll be a striker within a few years and even last season he was playing behind the striker more than on the wing.

He'll be competing for spots with strikers more than wingers after a while which could throw Berb further down in the pecking order than he already was in the latter half of last season.

Kelvin

I don't see when he can fit into our team, we have more than enough attackers, its CM we need.

we won't sign him anyway as he is going to barcelona....

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Sanchez is as much of a winger as Messi, Ronaldo, Pedro etc are. He'll be a striker within a few years and even last season he was playing behind the striker more than on the wing.

He's be competing for spots with strikers more than wingers after a while.
think if we do get him, he will play in midfield....behind the two strikers. He is adaptable though.

whether we get Sanchez or not, I dont see Berba here. I like him, but I think Fergie does not see him in his plans anymore.

Cina

think if we do get him, he will play in midfield....behind the two strikers. He is adaptable though.

whether we get Sanchez or not, I dont see Berba here. I like him, but I think Fergie does not see him in his plans anymore.
Sanchez is potentially many great things but a 4-4-2 midfielder is most certainly not one of them nor will it be.

But it's very unlikely that we'll get him so it's probably worthless talk.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I couldn't tell you how excited I'd be if we got him.

It will be feckin ridiculous if Barca get him and Fabregas. Absolutely insane

Ekeke

The only way that would work is if we started playing a diamond. Goodbye Nani, Young, wideplay, etc

Its just not like us even though he could play in the hole behind 2 strikers

tintedsepia

I think the point is we MAY need a world'class experienced player in midfield to help the midfield transition to a new way of playing! He may have no real transfer value - on the other hand if he is with us for 5 years...

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
A friend of mine saw the entire match and said he was not playing on the wings nor was he playing upfront.. Which begs the question where was he playing? I am going to watch a re-run of this match later today so I will be able to comment more then.. Until then I can tell you what he told me..

"Sanchez and Vidal are amazing.. The latter in his opinion being man of the match and Sanchez as the 2nd best player on the pitch.. Sanchez was playing quite deep almost like a playmaker in the 2nd half.. He was barely taking players on.. He was playing many 1-2's and played many through balls atleast 3 great ones that I can recall"

Status
Not open for further replies.