Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRover

I don't see why they'd sell Villa because of age, they bought him when he was a few months off turning 29.
I can see Barca selling Villa if the price is right and to fund other moves.

Fact is, Messi wants to play centrally and Villa is obviously less effective out wide. Read an interesting fact that while Messi has scoired more goals since he moved up front, the team has scored less - lragely because Villa has been less prolific.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I can see Barca selling Villa if the price is right and to fund other moves.

Fact is, Messi wants to play centrally and Villa is obviously less effective out wide. Read an interesting fact that while Messi has scoired more goals since he moved up front, the team has scored less - lragely because Villa has been less prolific.
They knew Messi was going to be playing centrally, they knew Villa was going to be playing from the left...why would they suddenly want to get rid of him now that they've done exactly as planned and it's worked pretty well? Overall as a team they scored 8 more goals in the league and CL last year than the year before, I can't really see the problem.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
They knew Messi was going to be playing centrally, they knew Villa was going to be playing from the left...why would they suddenly want to get rid of him now that they've done exactly as planned and it's worked pretty well? Overall as a team they scored 8 more goals in the league and CL last year than the year before, I can't really see the problem.
Barcelona needs to replace some important players sooner or later. Puyol, Xavi, Keita and Villa are all coming to an age where a injury could be devastating. (see Essien) As far as we know they try to get Fabregas as a stand in for Xavi. It's a great move and I can perfectly understand why the club want's this deal to go true.

Regarding David Villa.

Peps initial interest was to replace Etóo with Spain's best striker. Because of Valencia's stance and political reasons this didn't work out. Then Madrid started to buy expensive players like I buy Polo's. This move from their eternal enemy created a "cock fight" between Laporta and Peréz. After the arrival of Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema Barcelona felt it necessary to show their fans, sponsors and the football world in general that they where also a force to count on. A lot of local pride was involved and it all ended up with that they bought Zlatan Ibrahimovic in crazy record transfer. They lost Etóo but instead they got their own "Galactico". So far so good. But as we know it didn't work because Ibra and Messi couldn't stand each other. And Pep Guardiola is a wise man and he knew directly that they could only have one top dog inside the fens. So the outcome was obvious.

So the season after they had to get rid of the Swede and buy a replacement. So after two years they finally bought their initial first choice -world class striker David Villa. But things has changed, Messi had gone from a winger to be a first class striker, playing as a false nine. Pep finally had found the best formation for his team and when Villa arrived there where no way Messi would step back from his new preferred position.

So Pep had to shoe horn Villa to play as a left forward, and lucky as he was he had the home grown youngster Pedro on the other side. Bingo! A perfect set up with a natural striker, Messi and a perfect complement. It worked for the confused, shy but well behaved gentlemen, original from Real Zaragoza, but it took some time before he started to produce like we are used to see.

But as time fly by Villa got older. At 29 years old he's no longer a spring chicken. If Barca can recoup some of the massive fee they paid for him they will off course do so. With a dept of close to €420 m they has no other option if they want to buy new stars. Messi, Pedro and Affelay is the future. Villa, as strange as it sound's, is close (not finished) to the past.

And when they know City can loose Tevez then there is a golden opportunity to raise founds for buying both Fabregas and Sanchez. The Chile player can play both as a back up for Messi but he's also a forward option, fighting for a place in the line up together with Pedro and Affelay.

And you see in the end it all make sense. We have the same problem with Berbatov. Something who was right three years ago is today "out of date".

There is my reason why Villa is a more expected departure, if they are going to buy Sanchez.

Zen

How can you really say Villa is less effective out wide.....when with him playing there, Spain won the world(though they finally dropped Torres for the final), and Barca just won the CL/La Liga double effortlessly it seemed.

This fascination of him and scoring 40+ in that team isn't fair, thats Messi's role, always was, and always is.

Cina

Great goal. Chile play some lovely football.

Diving machine though.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
@Jamie_Lindsay Jamie Lindsay
AS: Barcelona have agreed to pay €40m + additional variables for Alexis Sanchez. Deal was agreed last night. Signs a 5-year contract.

@SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Alexis Sanchez's future finally looks to have been resolved with Spanish reports claiming Barcelona have agreed a €40m deal with Udinese.

Seems like this is finally over! Does this mean Cesc like Wenger said will actually remain at Arsenal? That could mean the Nasri stays as well as he was only interested in leaving because the club showed a lack of ambition.. Holding onto Fabregas should definitely in my eyes be a start.. Followed by some decent signings..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dont believe it for a second that he'll be joining Barca tbh

Hal9000

How many times has a fee been agreed with Barca now? Must be about the 10th time. I'll believe it when i see him holding a Barca shirt.

Jaap

Udinese's chairman did confirm that negotiations with Barcelona were continuing on Monday. On that same day, Jonathan dos Santos was missing from Barca's Reserves' first training session.

Dos Santos is apparently on his way to Udinese on loan due to the fact that the Italians now need a replacement for Inler, who has left for Napoli in a deal worth around 18m Euros.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Udinese's chairman did confirm that negotiations with Barcelona were continuing on Monday. On that same day, Jonathan dos Santos was missing from Barca's Reserves' first training session.

Dos Santos is apparently on his way to Udinese on loan due to the fact that the Italians now need a replacement for Inler, who has left for Napoli in a deal worth around 18m Euros.
What are Udinese doing? They are practically dismantling a team that made it to the CL! Last week Zapata, yesterday Inler, next Sanchez?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Udinese are a selling club, it's why Pozzo's always in the media about transfers. They were happy to sell Di Natale last summer he just decided to stay.

Ekeke

@Jamie_Lindsay Jamie Lindsay
AS: Barcelona have agreed to pay €40m + additional variables for Alexis Sanchez. Deal was agreed last night. Signs a 5-year contract.

@SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Alexis Sanchez's future finally looks to have been resolved with Spanish reports claiming Barcelona have agreed a €40m deal with Udinese.

Seems like this is finally over! Does this mean Cesc like Wenger said will actually remain at Arsenal? That could mean the Nasri stays as well as he was only interested in leaving because the club showed a lack of ambition.. Holding onto Fabregas should definitely in my eyes be a start.. Followed by some decent signings..
Its never been one or the other and Nasri is interested in leaving because he has a year on his deal and wont sign another when Arsenal arent going to win any trophies.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Its never been one or the other and Nasri is interested in leaving because he has a year on his deal and wont sign another when Arsenal arent going to win any trophies.
But if Arsenal hold onto Fabregas that could very well change..

Ekeke

But if Arsenal hold onto Fabregas that could very well change..
Because they've won so many trophies with Fabregas and Nasri there in the past 2 or 3 years?

Only an Arsenal fan would think that. With other teams improving far more around them, they are less and less likely to compete. They'll be extremely lucky to finish above City, let alone Chelsea and United.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Year after year people play down the chances of us winning titles.. Still we are always near winning almost everything we are involved in.. Not much is different for Arsenal.. Every year people say they will finish outside the European places and this and that.. And year after year they keep proving the doubters absolutely WRONG! If Arsenal do manage to hold onto Nasri, Fabregas and all their other important players.. I cannot see them finishing outside the CL places..

We all are going on about how much other teams have become stronger.. Who in particular except United have done so?

Cina

Year after year people play down the chances of us winning titles.. Still we are always near winning almost everything we are involved in.. Not much is different for Arsenal.. Every year people say they will finish outside the European places and this and that.. And year after year they keep proving the doubters absolutely WRONG! If Arsenal do manage to hold onto Nasri, Fabregas and all their other important players.. I cannot see them finishing outside the CL places..

We all are going on about how much other teams have become stronger.. Who in particular except United have done so?
Where in the flying feck did this come from and why in the flying mother feck is it in this thread?

Cina

I thought it was a nice change of pace tbf
Sanchez has a really good change of pace....

feck sake he's so awesome WTF are we doing not buying him we're so fecking hopeless aaaaaargh

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I do not see Barca buying Fabregas this summer if they spend a hefty amount on Sanchez. Unless the early rumours of selling Villa turn out to be true.

If I was Real Madrid, I would be bidding 40m or so to get Cesc.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I do not see Barca buying Fabregas this summer if they spend a hefty amount on Sanchez. Unless the early rumours of selling Villa turn out to be true.

If I was Real Madrid, I would be bidding 40m or so to get Cesc.
I doubt he wants to move to Madrid though.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
There is so long he will wait for Barca I think. No harm in trying. Eventually he will get tired of waiting for Barca and also of giving Wenger chances to assemble a title winning team. Who knows, that may have already happened this summer. He surely would have been envious seeing his Catalan mates winning the CL again this season.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Barcelona look to have won the race to sign Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez ahead of a number of Premier League clubs.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea have all been linked with the Chile international at various stages over the summer, while Inter Milan and Napoli were also credited with an interest.

European champions Barca always looked to have the edge over their rivals, with Spain being Sanchez's preferred destination.

And now Quique Pina, Udinese's Spanish representative, has confirmed that the Catalan giants are on the verge of completing the transfer for the sought-after 22-year-old.

Udinese have placed a 50million euros (£44.6million) price-tag on the head of Sanchez, who is currently on international duty at the Copa America.

The deal is understood to be cash only, with no players making the move from Camp Nou to Serie A as part of the transfer.

Pina, who is also president of Granada, said: "Alexis has decided to play in Spain and now the matter is practically closed."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7034003,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.