Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Yeh, because Valencia's been crap, well-deserving of being dropped.
As good as Valencia is, he's not a match winner. He's in the same guise as park, which is nothing to be ashamed about. Two very good backup wingers, that can still take on most teams and win. But like Nani and Rooney, Sanchez seems to have that little bit extra.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
As good as Valencia is, he's not a match winner. He's in the same guise as park, which is nothing to be ashamed about. Two very good backup wingers, that can still take on most teams and win. But like Nani and Rooney, Sanchez seems to have that little bit extra.
:lol: Rooney needs Valencia or he's not as potent a "match winner." Who assisted most of his headed goals?

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
You don't pay 18mil for a backup winger. He will stick to the right, while Nani get used to the left. Thats about it. If there is any backup, it would be Park and Joe Cole if he signs. The transfer fund would be better spend on a creative midfielder as we are seriously lacking in that dept

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Looking forward to watching this kid today. His first contribution was a few step overs and a dive.

Carl

Would be a silly signing due to our surplus of wingers.
We have Nani, Valencia, Park, Obertan and Cleverley so you could say we have a surplus but you could also say it's lacking in talent. (realised talent, that is.)

Carl

Well, based on watching him for 20mins i can say he's a very good player.

Sanchez > Ronaldo.

In all seriousness though, he looks a very good player.

Carl

well hes hardly in that category either.
I never said he was. I was simply pointing out that whilst we have a number of wingers most of them are young 'n' learnin'.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Well, based on watching him for 20mins i can say he's a very good player.

Sanchez > Ronaldo.

In all seriousness though, he looks a very good player.
Tim Vickery has been calling him "the real deal" for the last 3-4 years, and when he mentions a player, I generally take notice, so I've been keeping track of his progress, particularly with the national team in World Cup qualifiers.

He can play comfortably on both the left and the right, and even centrally as the second striker.

This is really the golden generation of Chilean players, and the only worry would be that most of those who were picked up by European clubs haven't exactly made the most of that opportunity, as yet. Fernandez, Vidal and Sanchez are three of the players who were quickly picked up by European clubs, and they're yet to really establish themselves as important players, although all three are still in their early twenties, so there is plenty of time.

Carl

Seems like a very good dribbler but sometimes he could release the ball quicker.A good player no doubt
That's the sort of thing that comes with experience though. I've never seen this kid play before and he's really really impressed me.

Ekeke

Fast
Skillful

A bit greedy
Goes down easily/dives

Wouldnt bet against him scoring in the second half.

Phil

He's a 19/20 year old Ronaldo. Good player (based on 48 minutes).

Ace

We have Nani, Valencia, Park, Obertan and Cleverley so you could say we have a surplus but you could also say it's lacking in talent. (realised talent, that is.)
Still, I can't see us going for another winger. We have three first team players competing for two spots on the wings, and an emerging talent in Obertan that Ferguson is easing into the side. I'd expect to see more appearances from Obertan next year for sure. As for Cleverly, I thought he was more of a central player...?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Seems like a very good dribbler but sometimes he could release the ball quicker.A good player no doubt
I'm only watching the game with one eye but he does seem to mix it up with some decent one and two touch play. Works his ass off too. Interesting player.

Carl

Still, I can't see us going for another winger. We have three first team players competing for two spots on the wings, and an emerging talent in Obertan that Ferguson is easing into the side. I'd expect to see more appearances from Obertan next year for sure. As for Cleverly, I thought he was more of a central player...?
I think i've only seen him play once (in a friendly for United) and he played wide left i think. I'm not too sure though.

mswiss

I think i've only seen him play once (in a friendly for United) and he played wide left i think. I'm not too sure though.
it was against valencia, he scored too, cleverly looks to have a bright future.... but this sanchez player looks pretty dirty

datura

He's primarily a winger at present, which is where he's played for Leicester, Watford, England u21s etc. He may move into a more central position later in his career but for now it is best to regard him as a wide player.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Cleverly has almost exclusively operated on the right hand side in the U18's and reserves, and then at Watford on loan. However, I'm not convinced that it will be his eventual position, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up becoming a central midfielder.

A player with his energy, work rate, vision, and eye for goal, can certainly operate from a wide position, but it can be even more effective from a central position.

As to your other point, I wouldn't see a problem with having four fairly young and talented attacking players in Nani, Valencia, Obertan, and then someone like Sanchez, with Park as an experienced "utility" type player who can play right across the midfield.

zain

Believe
Great great close control and technique, great turns with the ball at his feet..
Reminds me exactly of how Ronaldo was at his early days at United ( course Ronaldo is a totally different type of player now!)....

Smash-E

Sanchez looks quality... I doubt United will sign him (will cost a bomb) but it looks like hes going to turn out to be a great player

Cina

So we're signing Ozil and Sanchez this Summer then. Sorted.

Precaution

i thought he was a very creative player but cant shoot to save his life, very tricky and reminds me of a early Ronaldo and he tried to play his team mates in alot of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.