Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Fernandes had more ideas of where to pass, hence he plays in the hole. Sanchez has pace to burn hence he plays out wide. Fernandes did used to play on the wing for Villarreal however, but since they sold him to Sporting after feeling uninspired about his season, its probably best he gets to play in the middle.

Aboutreika18

I guess Chile dont play with a player just behind a striker. If they did, I m pretty sure he would be playing there. They play a 4-3-3 like us in big games. Hence, he mainly plays on the right wing.
Well that's rubbish really. It's either Fernandez or Valdivia in the hole usually. They play 3-3-1-3 against two strikers and 4-2-1-3 against a lone striker, which was obvious today as they started with two CBs and then switched to three when Alvarez moved up front.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Well that's rubbish really. It's either Fernandez or Valdivia in the hole usually. They play 3-3-1-3 against two strikers and 4-2-1-3 against a lone striker, which was obvious today as they started with two CBs and then switched to three when Martinez came on.
Well its not like he cant play through the middle. You are just used to seeing Fernandez and Valdivia play in that position. I think he will do just fine in the hole behind the striker.

mamboza

Of all the young talents that people have talked about here, Ozil and Sanchez have stood out more than the rest, so far in this WC. Di Maria, Hamsik, Krasic, Gourcuff, Saurez etc. have been playing from shit to slightly above average. I'll take any of Ozil or Sanchez anydays according to the look of their current ability and potential.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Of all the young talents that people have talked about here, Ozil and Sanchez have stood out more than the rest, so far in this WC. Di Maria, Hamsik, Krasic, Gourcuff, Saurez etc. have been playing from shit to slightly above average. I'll take any of Ozil or Sanchez anydays according to the look of their current ability and potential.
Suarez was pretty awesome last night... Even vs France he looked okay...

Gourcuff of couse has problems... not individual problems but team problems as the whole France side is utter sh*te

Krasic was terrible vs. Gana... Looked like a totally different player that played us. Could not get pass anyone and adding to that he lost the ball way too often...

Hamsik actually lead his team pretty well.

Di Maria was invisible vs Nigeria... And this wasn't the first time he was invisible.

kiristao

Suarez was quite impressive. Got past his marker on quite a few occasions. great play to control the ball and cross for the 3rd goal.

Ekeke

Possible for S.A.F. to turn Sanchez into another star?
Sure, if we decide not to continue Nani turning into a star and sell him or Valencia. Whats the point? Our wingers are one of our strong points already. Sanchez is a good player too but do we need him?

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Sure, if we decide not to continue Nani turning into a star and sell him or Valencia. Whats the point? Our wingers are one of our strong points already. Sanchez is a good player too but do we need him?
You've a point too. If S.A.F. can turn him to another goal-scoring Ronaldo, Sanchez can play behind Rooney. I mean figuratively. :nervous:

Ekeke

You've a point too. If S.A.F. can turn him to another goal-scoring Ronaldo, Sanchez can play behind Rooney. I mean figuratively. :nervous:
Well yes, but is he better than Tevez behind the striker? Because we had that, decided to try and better it and Berbatov'd ourselves.

I've read multiple times that Sanchez can play as a forward but I've only ever seen him on the wing and from there some of his finishing has been erratic to say the least. So I wonder how many times you've seen him play up front because I dont think its a particularly good shout if we havent seen him play a bunch of times there before. His movement hasnt struck me as particlarly good so it might be that his pace is best made use of in wide areas where he can run with the ball rather than making runs in behind the defence.

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Well yes, but is he better than Tevez behind the striker? Because we had that, decided to try and better it and Berbatov'd ourselves.

I've read multiple times that Sanchez can play as a forward but I've only ever seen him on the wing and from there some of his finishing has been erratic to say the least. So I wonder how many times you've seen him play up front because I dont think its a particularly good shout if we havent seen him play a bunch of times there before. His movement hasnt struck me as particlarly good so it might be that his pace is best made use of in wide areas where he can run with the ball rather than making runs in behind the defence.
Imo, Sanchez's dribbling is more orthodox than Tevez's kick-and-rush style. Maybe mufco7 can comment more on whether Sanchez can be molded into another role because he has been watching him regularly since 2006. In the mean while, we can continue to scout him on the next few Chile games.

Drifter

American
According to a report in Tuttomercato, Manchester United are hot on the trail of Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

The 21-year-old winger has garnered a host of interested parties just two years after leaving his homeland of Chile to try out his luck in Europe with Udinese.

Sanchez, who is often dubbed 'the new Cristiano Ronaldo', is currently in South Africa with his country's national squad, and United scouts have reportedly been dispatched to the World Cup to observe him.

Roma have also been credited with an interested in Sanchez, who signed for Udinese for a fee of just $3 million.

Earlier this month, Udinese rejected a €10 million offer for Sanchez as the Bianconeri hope to cash in at least twice as much with his sale.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He is a right winger, is he not? Why are papers linking us with more right wingers when we already have Valencia and Nani, both of whom are one of the best wingers in that position. If we really need a winger, we need someone for the left wing, backing up Nani, preferably left footed.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
According to a report in Tuttomercato, Manchester United are hot on the trail of Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

The 21-year-old winger has garnered a host of interested parties just two years after leaving his homeland of Chile to try out his luck in Europe with Udinese.

Sanchez, who is often dubbed 'the new Cristiano Ronaldo', is currently in South Africa with his country's national squad, and United scouts have reportedly been dispatched to the World Cup to observe him.

Roma have also been credited with an interested in Sanchez, who signed for Udinese for a fee of just $3 million.

Earlier this month, Udinese rejected a €10 million offer for Sanchez as the Bianconeri hope to cash in at least twice as much with his sale.
I don't usually get excited about possible transfers but i was seriously wet after seeing Sanchez play last week. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again today.

Enigma_87

You know who
The lad has huge potential, no doubt about that. But he's still pretty raw, if we go for him he must start most of the games in order to adjust and gain experience(alike Ronaldo). And if we are to keep Valencia, Nani and if Fergie wants to develop Obertan, can't see us going for him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The lad has huge potential, no doubt about that. But he's still pretty raw, if we go for him he must start most of the games in order to adjust and gain experience(alike Ronaldo). And if we are to keep Valencia, Nani and if Fergie wants to develop Obertan, can't see us going for him.
Since we sold Tosic and Giggs has only one more year, we need another winger. Park is used more of a central midfielder nowadays. I dont think anyone would go for Sanchez right after the WC because his price would be inflated unless they have rich owners.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very wasteful in terms of possible chances to score or to create.That's the 2nd he didn't impress, maybe I should lower my rating levels.
He's got a horrible shot on him

dev1l

I do not think we ll go for him. In a way he s a bit similar to Chicarito

MUFC07

It is incredible how many chances Chile wasted. I can't believe it. Not only Sánchez, but everyone. I mean if Chile had scored all the created clear opportunities we would be talking about a team who beat Honduras 5-0 and Switzerland 4-0. Unbelievable.

MUFC07

I do not think we ll go for him. In a way he s a bit similar to Chicarito
In what way? He is a winger, unlike Chicharito, who is a striker. They are both pacey, yes, probably Sánchez has the edge on that matter though. Chicharito is a good finisher, unlike Sánchez, who is a better dribbler, because Hernández does not base his game on dribbling, although he can do it (not anywhere near Alexis).

I agree though, I do not think we'll go for him.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
What would be the point in signing this chap? We're already strong on the wings.
I'd rather see Tom Cleverley given a chance next year rather than pay big money for another winger we don't even need.

Devil may care

I enjoyed watching him play again today, pair him with a real striker and he'll be gold, he needs to improve his shooting but that can be worked on.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
I just love watching Chile play football under Bielsa, because they epitomize everything that football should be about, in my opinion, perhaps apart from some of the histrionics, although I can't help but feel that some of the crazy games, particularly in South America, where ten players are booked and three are sent off are, more often than not, tremendously enjoyable.

When you get that mix of fantastic technical players, even if there are few, if any, really special players who can do something extraordinary, with a high energy, pressing game, and a determination to commit players to attack, it often produces the most entertaining spectacle, in my opinion. And it's for that reason that two of the teams that I have most enjoyed watching in the tournament, so far, have been Chile and Mexico, ahead of the usual suspects like Brazil and Argentina (with Spain obviously playing later today).

As far as whether we should sign Sanchez, the need really isn't there, but there's no reason why every player that impresses during the World Cup should be talked about as a potential United signing, anyway. Personally, I just enjoy talking about good players and teams.

Having said that, I could certainly see some benefit in having two established attacking players like Nani and Valencia, and then two obviously talented younger players to put pressure on them, particularly as it's hardly unheard of to have four very good players for each two positions. One of those will hopefully be Obertan, and if we could pick up another attacking player for £10m-£15m who has the potential to become first choice and one of the better players in that position, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the manager was prepared to spend that amount of money.

That will depend, not only on which other areas of the team that he has identified as needing improvement, but also whether he can actually find and then afford those particular players. Identifying areas of the team that need improvement is the easy part. Finding those players and then signing them is much more difficult, particularly in the current market. If Sir Alex can't find or can't afford the specific player that he feels is necessary, he may switch his focus to other areas of the team for the time being.

MDFC Manager

In what way? He is a winger, unlike Chicharito, who is a striker. They are both pacey, yes, probably Sánchez has the edge on that matter though. Chicharito is a good finisher, unlike Sánchez, who is a better dribbler, because Hernández does not base his game on dribbling, although he can do it (not anywhere near Alexis).

I agree though, I do not think we'll go for him.
I think he meant they can both speak in spanish... Or something.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This lad is going to be an absolute star. I actually don't care what anyone says :)

I don't usually get so excited about young prospects but this lad is the real deal. I know we're well stocked on wingers but we'd be silly to miss out in my opinion.

dev1l

This lad is going to be an absolute star. I actually don't care what anyone says :)

I don't usually get so excited about young prospects but this lad is the real deal. I know we're well stocked on wingers but we'd be silly to miss out in my opinion.
That's the idea behind forums.. :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Since we sold Tosic and Giggs has only one more year, we need another winger. Park is used more of a central midfielder nowadays. I dont think anyone would go for Sanchez right after the WC because his price would be inflated unless they have rich owners.
If we are to replace Giggs, I mean permanently replace him, then we need someone with experience, cause Nani is still developing and finding his form, same goes for Obertan, if we are to buy an experienced winger, who could do the job straight away then I agree with you. We certainly need one.

However we need to replace Scholes for that matter first, as we don't have options in the middle of the park with his range of passing. On the wings we still have Giggs for another year, Nani,Valencia,Obertan, Park can certainly play there, Welbeck, etc...

In the center we have Scholes as our main passer, Carrick is in shite form for an year or so, Gibson can't pass for shit(ok maybe too critical on him), Fletcher has a decent pass from the middle(note he has put some absolutely stunning crosses from the right), Ando still developing, etc.

If we don't have much to spend I'd rather concentrate on buying another central midfielder or two, rather than buyin a potentially good winger(yes the potential is clearly there).

Also I don't think buying a promising winger is on Fergie's radar, otherwise I think he would've bought Costa or whoever else was supposedly on our radar recently.

Blair

Not really. We only have 2 class out-and-out wingers,

Park plays centrally now, Obertan and Cleverly are young and are unproven.

Wan

Park forgot how to play out wide?
Nani, Valencia, Park, Giggs, Obertan, Cleverly.

We won't sign a winger. Not this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I really really hope he'll have his scoring boots on tonight.His finishing has been poor so far but the good thing is that he keeps getting chances

Ekeke

He's been good in all 3 matches. But we just dont need him unless we are breaking the mold and selling one of our players we just signed after 1 season, in Antonio Valencia. Not really going to happen is it?

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
He's been good in all 3 matches. But we just dont need him unless we are breaking the mold and selling one of our players we just signed after 1 season, in Antonio Valencia. Not really going to happen is it?
Nothing wrong with competition, unless your expecting Valencia and Nani to play every single match over a 10 month season, thats not going to happen either, Chelsea once had Joe Cole and Shaun wright phillips as back up wingers to Duff and Robben, it gave them great depth and meant they always had quality out wide injuries or otherwise.

Not saying we'll go for Sanchez or any winger merely saying all this talk of 'we dont need another winger because weve got 2 very good ones' dosnt really stand up when neither are going to play 65 matches in a season week after week and your not accounting for Injury/Loss of form/or just basically needing a rest which will all likely happen at some stage.....plenty of top clubs have 3 or 4 quality players who can play in a certain position meaning their not fecked as soon as 1 player gets injured….isnt Valencia in a wheel chair as of now after ankle surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.