Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoetbalWizard

They do exist but...

Park has done better in an CM role where he marks the oppositions playmaker... Still a good backup winger..

Giggs is probably in his last season..

Obertan has lots of potential... Hopefully he will get more chances...

Cleverly is unknown talent... Had a great spell on loan... but some people rate him as a Creative MF player more than a winger... We'll see more of him at pre-season...

Not saying we should immediately sign A.Sanchez but if SAF see's that he is what we need, then I'd definately agree with him cause his potential could be well seen...

Just wished Belgium had made the WC2010 too... so we'd also be wanking ourselves about E.Hazard.
no thanks. its better he's not there so he doesn't inflate his price with great performances.

Wan

They do exist but...

Park has done better in an CM role where he marks the oppositions playmaker... Still a good backup winger..

Giggs is probably in his last season..

Obertan has lots of potential... Hopefully he will get more chances...

Cleverly is unknown talent... Had a great spell on loan... but some people rate him as a Creative MF player more than a winger... We'll see more of him at pre-season...

Not saying we should immediately sign A.Sanchez but if SAF see's that he is what we need, then I'd definately agree with him cause his potential could be well seen...

Just wished Belgium had made the WC2010 too... so we'd also be wanking ourselves about E.Hazard.
How many games park played in the middle for us? Can't be more than 5 times in his entire time here. And now he's better than than out wide? OK.

Cleverly plays on the wing. So we have 4 players who act as covers for our main two. They can and do play out wide to good effect. But let's sign more just for the sake of it.

Devil may care

Cleverly and Obertan have yet to prove they are even good enough to be deputies so I don't think they'd feature in a decision over signing a high end player like Sanchez.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
How many games park played in the middle for us? Can't be more than 5 times in his entire time here. And now he's better than than out wide? OK.

Cleverly plays on the wing. So we have 4 players who act as covers for our main two. They can and do play out wide to good effect. But let's sign more just for the sake of it.
When was the last time you saw Park playing wide then ? After the Bayern game I didn't recall him starting on the wing... Only brought on the wings as a substitute. SAF stated himself that he found a new role for Park, so I'm just going with SAF.

Cleverly does play on the wing, no mistake on that but he has the skills to do better in a central role ( Thats what people who watch him day in day out are saying ) not that I totally agree with them but it does mean that he has the potential to move to a central role like Giggs.

I'm not saying to sign A.Sanchez, just stating that if SAF goes for him, it should be the reasons I mentioned to you.

If you don't agree then I don't really mind.

RedThaiDevils#7

no thanks. its better he's not there so he doesn't inflate his price with great performances.
I'd love to see a player who'd step up and prove himself in the World cup... Talking footballing wise not muppet wise.

Muppet wise of course, I'd hope the next day E.Hazard would just hold the vacant Tosic shirt and would sign for us for just 15m.

Wan

After Bayern.. when was that? Back in August last year in pre-season? :lol:
After playing him centrally in about 5 times in his whole time here, he's now a CM?

Cleverley did well playing out wide for Watford. He can play anywhere in the attacking third I guess.

Still, we have plenty of players who can play there. Two first teamers, one veteran, one squad, and two promising youngsters. And it's not like Nani and Valencia are that old. They're only around 24. If we're signing a winger, it'll be J.Cole on a free.

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Is it possible to position Sanchez as a wing back? In one instance, see how he shields the ball away from Villa in his own box.

Wan

If you did watch the first leg vs Bayern... Park certainly played behind Rooney so take that laugh back Wan.
You make it sound as if Park only plays behind Rooney or CM you call it by mentioning that Bayern game. I know very well which one, which is in April. Hardly long enough to say he's better off playing there. The joke is on you.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Park's best role has always been as a central player, he's been best there for South Korea and PSV. I'm not sure if Sir Alex did say he found a new role for him but h's talking out of his arse if he did.

Wan

I'm not interested in talking to you anymorea as I did post " Park has done better in an CM role where he marks the oppositions playmaker... Still a good backup winger.. "

I did state he is still a good winger... go Wan.K yourself for not reading properly.
You sounded as if it's been ages since Park played out wide.
Oh ho, so he's a good backup winger now. Funny you didn't mention that once. Just like Giggsy is these days. And we have Obertan and Cleverley as well. Let's sign another winger or two eh? See where I'm going?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Oh ho, so he's a good backup winger now. Funny you didn't mention that once. Just like Giggsy is these days. And we have Obertan and Cleverley as well. Let's sign another winger or two eh? See where I'm going?
Err...he kind of did. In the first post of his you quoted, I think.

RedThaiDevils#7

Did I write anywhere that the muppet in me wanted to sign this lad ? I wrote, if SAF see's him qualtiy then I'm with this signing. FFS, try reading my post properly first and get a life.

032Devil

From tomorrow's NOTW:

CHILE superstar Alexis Sanchez has his heart set on a move to Manchester United.

The Udinese winger has been forwarded as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo ever since the Portuguese icon was sold to Real Madrid.

And his performances at the World Cup have only enhanced his growing reputation, despite being surprisingly substituted against Spain.

Sanchez's sparkling form has reaffirmed Sir Alex Ferguson's interest in his services and sources close to the player claim he's dreamed of joining the Red Devils since his boyhood years.

"All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who did not want to be named.

"He'd give anything for that."

Udinese insist they don't want to sell the 21-year-old, who is nicknamed 'El Nino Maravilla' (the Wonder Boy), but it's understood the wide man would jump at the chance to head for Old Trafford.

Antonio Valencia has replaced Ronaldo on the right flank for the dethroned champions but Sanchez's apparent desire to come to Manchester is certain to give Ferguson some food for thought.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
From tomorrow's NOTW:

CHILE superstar Alexis Sanchez has his heart set on a move to Manchester United.

The Udinese winger has been forwarded as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo ever since the Portuguese icon was sold to Real Madrid.

And his performances at the World Cup have only enhanced his growing reputation, despite being surprisingly substituted against Spain.

Sanchez's sparkling form has reaffirmed Sir Alex Ferguson's interest in his services and sources close to the player claim he's dreamed of joining the Red Devils since his boyhood years.

"All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who did not want to be named.

Udinese insist they don't want to sell the 21-year-old, who is nicknamed 'El Nino Maravilla' (the Wonder Boy), but it's understood the wide man would jump at the chance to head for Old Trafford.

Antonio Valencia has replaced Ronaldo on the right flank for the dethroned champions but Sanchez's apparent desire to come to Manchester is certain to give Ferguson some food for thought.

:lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
From tomorrow's NOTW:

You beat me to it. I think its good news.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He'll end up at Madrid...Benzema's teammate said he was coming to United. :(

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
SANCHEZ HAS HEART SET ON UNITED MOVE | News Of The World

JULY 2008 - Manchester United have had a bid rejected for Chilean starlet Alexis Sanchez, according to the player's agent.

The 19-year-old is one of the most highly-rated young midfielders in South America and he played a major role in helping River Plate to the Argentine championship.

Sanchez is owned by Udinese, but he has never played for the Italians after signing from Cobreloa in 2006, instead he has been loaned back to his native continent, firstly with Colo-Colo and latterly with River.

River are desperate for him to return and have opened talks with Udinese, but they are not the only team interested with United seemingly impressed by the left winger's talents.

Reports are suggesting that United could very well see Sanchez as the long-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, whose future at Old Trafford remains in the balance.

United bid

And Sanchez's agent Fernando Felicevich has told the Chilean media that United have already failed with one approach for his client.

"It was around two months ago and it was not just an enquiry, they [Manchester United] also presented an offer, but it did not meet the requirements of Udinese or Alexis so it was rejected," he told La Cuarta.

Felicevich admitted that he could not rule out a renewed United bid, and claimed that the previous offer was substantial.

"The figure rejected by Udinese was very important," he added.

Reports in Chile and Italy claim that Udinese have already put a 20million euros (£15.8million) valuation on Sanchez's head, which would seemingly be enough to put off any interested parties.

Known as the 'Wonder' (Maravilla) in his homeland, it is believed Udinese are keen to see how Sanchez will fare in Serie A.

Sanchez departed for Italy on Monday to link-up with Udinese for pre-season training.

"It is the first time he will have been so far, far away from his family so we will have to see how it goes," said Felicevich.

prateik

Sure the guy is 21...no i know he's 21! They should at least do some research in to a player for us to actually believe their stories have some credibility!!! However, i'm sure it was just a typo error!! 
its from 2008

Ole'sbodyguard

This kid is exactly the type of player I could see Fergie going for and is one of the few transfer links this summer that looks semi legitimate.

Young, talented, and not likely to cost a massive amount in relative terms when the likes of Milner are being quoted at £20m and we sold Ronaldo for 80 odd million. He might play in a position when we have reasonable cover and options but that has never stopped Fergie purchasing players in such positions before.

In fact, Fergie's got a long history of doing this from signing Webb, Phelan and Ince together when we had Robbo, signing Evra when he had Silvestre and Heinze, signing Anderson when we had OH, Carrick, Scholes and Fletch, signing Berba when we had Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. If he thinks the player is worth the investment for the future he will do it.

Nani and Valencia did have both have good seasons last year but there is no guarantee that both will be as good this time around and it is always a good idea to build for the future and with Giggs soon to retire and Park creeping towards his 30's, another winger is not out of the question.

If we did sign this kid, I think there would be a good chance that would be our lot for the summer with Smalling and Hernandez already signed up. That won't meet the approval of the sign 'a cm at all costs brigade' but I'd be happy with our squad if that is all Fergie went for.

Mainoldo

Yes but only if you need the player. If he could play more central then yes it would be value but 16m for a winger to compete with the several other wingers we have wouldn't be value.
Who gives a damn... We never needed Rooney but we brought him anyway. Sanchez looks like if developed right he could really be a quality player.. Plays with no fear, which is hard to find these days. Last one we had we sold.

Ekeke

We could sign him. There is no real reason to as why we won't!
We dont need him. Thats the biggest and best reason why we wont sign him.

However, if someone came in with £50 million for Nani or Valencia and we decided to sell then he'd be at the top of the list of replacements.

red thru&thru

We dont need him. Thats the biggest and best reason why we wont sign him.

However, if someone came in with £50 million for Nani or Valencia and we decided to sell then he'd be at the top of the list of replacements.
I'm sure if fergie wants him we'll go for him.

We need more than just 2 wingers at our club, especially with the number of games we play. Yes people will say we have park and giggs but we will need a replacement, so why let our rivals have someone with so much potential?!

Status
Not open for further replies.