Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Interesting that they are thinking of adapting his position, if he is a success in that role then he'd become ideal for us.

Scholesgoals

Depends on his contract with udinese, but yeah, we dont need him we've got nani and valencia and obertan

rate him though

Fishbone

Was outstanding for Chile in the World Cup...but didn't I read somewhere that he just signed a new contract at Udinese?

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Or perhaps it shows that people have wised up and will not spend astronomical amounts based on the World Cup?

wr8_utd

:'(
Lets build this thread up to Benzema/Ozil/Berba/Tevez proportions now. It's our only real glimmer of hope.

The Sneijder thread is dead and buried anyway.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
FERGUSON CONFIRMS SANCHEZ INTEREST

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has admitted Manchester United are tracking Udinese sensation Alexis Sanchez.

The Chile international enjoyed an outstanding World Cup campaign to enhance his reputation as one of the most promising young forwards on the planet.

With sources close to the wide man previously suggesting he dreams of playing for the Red Devils, it's likely the United boss will continue monitoring his form in Serie A this season.

"We have looked at Sanchez and he has impressed us," said Ferguson. "As have other players.

"He has had very good games and is an interesting project.

"We have gathered some background, as with other footballers at his level, but nothing more than this - for the moment."

Sanchez, 22, was initially considered as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo when the Portuguese star departed for Real Madrid.

United snapped up Antonio Valencia from Wigan instead to patrol the right flank, although the serious injury he sustained against Rangers has halted his progress at Old Trafford.

Ferguson also admitted he was disappointed not to land Marcelo Salas, a United target in the nineties, when he was on the hunt for a new striker.

"We have watched some Chileans in the past," he recalled.

"The most interesting case was that of Salas, who had a brilliant World Cup but he was at Lazio.

"We would have liked to have had him."
FERGUSON CONFIRMS SANCHEZ INTEREST | News Of The World

Let the muppetry begin...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Park, Obertan, Nani, Valencia, Giggs (who admittedly, might retire this or next season), Bebe and now we want another winger? The most baffling thing is, bebe, nani, valencia and obertan are all young... 5 young wingers (and park) to compete for two spots. Happy days.

If Ferguson truly is planning on buying him, which I doubt, but IF it happens in the short term, why couldn't he just have bought Sanchez instead of Bebe considering the wing options we already had/have?

Ekeke

I'd imagine we are interested in wingers at this point and if he wants to play on the left, good stuff.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Park, Obertan, Nani, Valencia, Giggs (who admittedly, might retire this or next season), Bebe and now we want another winger? The most baffling thing is, bebe, nani, valencia and obertan are all young... 5 young wingers (and park) to compete for two spots. Happy days.

If Ferguson truly is planning on buying him, which I doubt, but IF it happens in the short term, why couldn't he just have bought Sanchez instead of Bebe considering the wing options we already had/have?
Bebe is a striker, Valencia is out for 6 months. Which leaves Nani on one wing and Giggs (won't play week in week out) and Park who puts a decent shift in and Obertan who is no where near ready yet. I wouldn't say no.

mufcwarm92

To have the option of Valencia, Nani and Sanchez would be a great prospect. With Giggs ageing and Park a completely different type of player, it would be good to have another out-and-out winger on the cards. His signing could halt the progress of the likes of Obertan and Bebe, but if this lad is really that good then it is surely an opportunity we can't afford to pass us by.

Interesting to see if this interest materialises.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Bebe is a striker, Valencia is out for 6 months. Which leaves Nani on one wing and Giggs (won't play week in week out) and Park who puts a decent shift in and Obertan who is no where near ready yet. I wouldn't say no.
Bebe is a winger.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
feckin'ell... After 20+ pages of Bebe thread establishing he is a winger and not our seventh striker, here we go again!

:lol:

Devil may care

Bebe seemed to have a free role for his prior club. As for Sanchez, it's interesting that Fergie would make these comments as it's usually like getting blood from a stone. Udinese are bottom of Serie A right now so if that continues we may be able to get him cheap.

Amir

Shouldn't we be looking at more natural left footed players? Nani can play both wings, but Valencia can't, which leaves us short on the left.

.J4Me$.

Maybe Fergie wants to develop him into an attacking midfielder?
I think that position would suit him as he likes to come inside when on the wings.

Cina

Sanchez is a Walcott. He's a quick little bastard who is currently best deployed as a winger but will probably be moulded into an ACM/Striker.

Chief

Sanchez is a Walcott. He's a quick little bastard who is currently best deployed as a winger but will probably be moulded into an ACM/Striker.
HAHAHAHAHA Love the honesty, intellengce in comment and might I add that it is thought commonly agreed with in Chile.

SecondFig

So the actual quote is:
"United? Obviously I'd like to play for a club like that.

"Malaga? Why not. Whatever the side, all this is dealt with by my agent, as he is the one who talks to the clubs."

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Was watching the Inter-Udinese game just yesterday, I'd forgotten how impressive Sanchez's first touch is for a winger. And he's always open to playing the simple pass instead of beating two or three men unnecessarily.

Mainoldo

Was watching the Inter-Udinese game just yesterday, I'd forgotten how impressive Sanchez's first touch is for a winger. And he's always open to playing the simple pass instead of beating two or three men unnecessarily.
I feel Nani on the right and him opportating like a Robben type player on the left will be pro-active. However we will need two work horse midfielders.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sanchez would be a great signing for us. He is a versatile player who brings pace and quality to the side.

Mainoldo

So he's open to joining us or err...Malaga.
The have new wealth and are planinning on investing in youth!! Their blueprint sounds very attractive however they will be only one winner if it is a race between them and us.

Drifter

American
Man Utd watching Udinese Chile pair Sanchez, Isla

Manchester United are tracking Udinese pair Alexis Sanchez and Mauricio Isla.

The Chilean pair are highly admired by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and are emerging as major transfer targets for the Premiership giants.

"It's nice to know Manchester likes me," said Sanchez. "The future is in the hands of my agent. We listen to everyone."

Ferguson may bring forward plans for Sanchez with it emerging today that Inter Milan have held three rounds of talks with Udinese about the winger.

Isla, a central midfielder, is tied to Udinese until 2015 and almost signed with AS Roma in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.