Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I'm sure if fergie wants him we'll go for him.

We need more than just 2 wingers at our club, especially with the number of games we play. Yes people will say we have park and giggs but we will need a replacement, so why let our rivals have someone with so much potential?!
Because this isnt football manager. We'll sign the players we need, not the players our opposition need.

We have Nani, Valencia and Obertan breaking through as well. Cleverley to be given a chance, Giggs can play some games wide and Park did his best job playing wide last season - even if he did also play very well in the middle.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He already knows how to play center forward. I think he was like Walcott when he started. Both of them I think started as a center forward and then moved to the right wing.
For that reason I'd gladly want us to sign him and turn him back into a central forward. Pace and driblling down the middle is a killer in football. Just imagine if you could turn such a player into a mature foward and as a defence you had to face Nani and Valencia on the flanks and Sanchez flying at you down the middle, with Rooney loitering with intent just in behind.....

twitter thread suggester
From tomorrow's NOTW:

CHILE superstar Alexis Sanchez has his heart set on a move to Manchester United.

The Udinese winger has been forwarded as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo ever since the Portuguese icon was sold to Real Madrid.

And his performances at the World Cup have only enhanced his growing reputation, despite being surprisingly substituted against Spain.

Sanchez's sparkling form has reaffirmed Sir Alex Ferguson's interest in his services and sources close to the player claim he's dreamed of joining the Red Devils since his boyhood years.

"All Alexis wants is to play for Manchester United," revealed a Chile team-mate, who did not want to be named.

"He'd give anything for that."

Udinese insist they don't want to sell the 21-year-old, who is nicknamed 'El Nino Maravilla' (the Wonder Boy), but it's understood the wide man would jump at the chance to head for Old Trafford.

Antonio Valencia has replaced Ronaldo on the right flank for the dethroned champions but Sanchez's apparent desire to come to Manchester is certain to give Ferguson some food for thought.
They are so full of crap.

tintedsepia

We'd have him but all depends on how much money Udinese are demanding for him. If under 20 mil we'll consider, under 15m definitely. Tx

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Would he work behind Rooney is the main question? Rooney needs to play upfront leading the line, thats where he comes alive. If Sanchez can play behind Rooney running directly at the defenders forcing them to commit then he could be the perfect foil for Rooney.

I still think Ozil would be the better choice.

Ekeke

5 goals and 3 assists in 25 starts and 7 sub appearances. I dont understand the fascination with wanting to play players in their less than optimal positions. Its the same thing with England, picking the most talented players and trying to fit them into positions that dont particularly suit them just to have them on the pitch.

Sanchez plays on the right and he comes inside from there. He'd be no better next to Rooney than Hernandez.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
If we're looking stat wise, then we'd better check Zidane when he was 21, or Figo at 21... etc...

Its a shame judging a player by just he's stats... stats make players like Alves, Kezman look like monsters...

Let's just base on what we've seen from this lad, good pace, lots of tricks, dribbles the ball well, lots of flair...

Still has to work on the final ball, crossing etc.

Does he have the potential to be a starter here ? Certainly a "YES" for me, but will SAF go for him...

I still don't know...

Ekeke

If we're looking stat wise, then we'd better check Zidane when he was 21, or Figo at 21... etc...

Its a shame judging a player by just he's stats... stats make players like Alves, Kezman look like monsters...

Let's just base on what we've seen from this lad, good pace, lots of tricks, dribbles the ball well, lots of flair...

Still has to work on the final ball, crossing etc.

Does he have the potential to be a starter here ? Certainly a "YES" for me, but will SAF go for him...

I still don't know...
Weird post.

He's obviously a quality winger, but there's nothing about him that suggests he should play up front any more than Obertan should play up front.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Weird post.

He's obviously a quality winger, but there's nothing about him that suggests he should play up front any more than Obertan should play up front.
Judging by his stats doesn't mean he could cannot be converted to playing anywhere was my point, I don't judge players stat wise so I was a bit confused with you pointing out his Udi stats...

Basing him on a player, yes, he'd be no different from Obertan play FWD, but who knows ?

Ekeke

Judging by his stats doesn't mean he could cannot be converted to playing anywhere was my point, I don't judge players stat wise so I was a bit confused with you pointing out his Udi stats...

Basing him on a player, yes, he'd be no different from Obertan play FWD, but who knows ?
Well my point is simply that there's no reason to think he'd be better than Macheda, Hernandez, even Obertan, up front next to Rooney.

He doesnt have a particularly good scoring record, he fluffs his lines quite a lot in front of goal and the vast majority of his experience is playing as a winger.

I mean, compare him with Hernandez. Could anyone tell me why Sanchez in behind Rooney might be more successful than Hernandez next to Rooney?

The main thing Sanchez brings is pace and apparently Hernandez is the fastest player at the world cup. Alright Sanchez's dribbling is better but Hernandez is miles better with his heading and finishing and instincts around the box.

So I say again, I dont get the fascination with just wanting to fill the team with as many talented players as possible even though they are not playing in the correct positions. I've had enough of that shit with England.

If there was a scenario where we absolutely needed a new right winger, he'd be a fantastic signing. Until then.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I've only seen him in the Spain match, didn't look anything special against Spain's worst first teamer.

Looking forward seeing him tonight mind.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
I absolutely agree with Ekeke on this. Sanchez is a player that I have admired for several years, but that should not persuade me that United need to buy him simply because he looks to have the potential to become a very good player, and particularly not for anything up to 30 million Euros in order to shoehorn him in to a position that is neither his best position, or the one that his talent is most suited to.

Yes, he has played the odd game in central areas, but changing a players position is time intensive, largely dependent on the players abilities being suited to that new long-term role, and it also requires the coach to have real vision for what it is they hope to achieve. And the player must absolutely believe in that project, which is a very fragile situation, particularly in a very difficult league to adapt to like the Premier League, where new players can soon lose confidence.

And given our history of attempting to change players positions, it would be madness to buy a player with the physiology and the musculoskeletal dimensions of Sanchez (in other words, his body type and movements) for the amount of money that it would require, in order to then use him in what is a fairly alien position in an alien league.

Let's be honest here: the reason that people are looking at Sanchez is because he is a player that should be within our reach, whereas many other players of similar or much more advanced ability (in terms of maturity) are not. But again, that is not a good enough reason to buy any player. There has to be a coherent strategy in the transfer market, and I'm just not convinced that with the areas of the team that most people believe need strengthening there is a real need to buy another attacking wide player with a lot of potential. If there was money left over after already purchasing the players that the team needs, then that is an entirely different matter, altogether, but I just can't see that being so in the current climate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I was impressed with him against brazil, as a whole chili didn't have much going for them on the night but he looked the most likely to do anything

Can't see the need for him though unless he's replacing Valencia

Devil may care

I thought he played it simple a lot tonight and tried hard to build the play with his team rather than "running into culdesacs" as the two goons on ITV's commentary suggested, however what I liked about him was he had the never give up United mentality, trivial I am sure many would say but I like seeing a player who is gifted still work his socks off and try to the bitter end despite it being obvious he was on the losing side.

Alex

He's quality. I'd love to see him at United. Wouldn't be the first time we signed a player in a position we already have plenty of cover.

Doubt it'll happen though. Oh well.
I clearly remember you saying a month or two ago that you didn't want United to sign anyone.

Ekeke

He definitely looks quality with his linkup and ability to make passes into the striker. Lets see if Valencia cant push on next season and if Sanchez doesnt sign for someone else in the meanwhile. Its not often that there's a lack of right sided wingers to bring in should the need arise so not the end of the world if we missed out, but did end up needing a right winger for some reason. If Chelsea wanted someone to replace Joe Cole he'd be a good bet.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Udinese have ruled out the possibility of winger Alexis Sanchez leaving the club despite reported interest from Manchester United and Roma.

The Chilean winger caught the eye in this summer's World Cup with some excellent displays in the South American's run to the last 16 of the competition.

The 21-year-old had already been linked with Real Madrid before the tournament, but his subsequent performances appear to have caught the eye of many of Europe's top clubs.

However, the Italian club insist they have no intention of selling one of their prized assets, who joined the club from River Plate in 2008.

"Alexis will return to Udine and will remain here," Udinese president Giampaolo Pozzo told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Next season will be the year of his consecration.

"Perhaps he will play as a playmaker in order to be closer to that goal."
Fine with me let him stay there and grab him in a year or so, interesting that a lot of people in this thread have been talking about him as a makeshift striker and that their president also see's him playing that role

buckooo1978

i thought he was excellent

the one position we are fine with is right wing though

after him and krasic it makes you wonder why we keep being linked with right wingers when we could use a central player or a left winger

Status
Not open for further replies.