Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Personally from what ive seen Sanchez looks a fantastic player and at just 21 hes in all likelihood going to be a star in the coming years, naturally left footed playing and cutting in from the right....remind you of anyone?

I think it would be extremely exciting to have a trio of Valencia/Nani/Sanchez all vying for spots on the flanks, what a fantastic set to pick from and all very young to boot, when you accept this will probably be Giggs last season then i wouldn’t say signing another high quality wide man 'isnt needed', whilst it may not be a priority it certainly wouldn’t be a waste of money.

Ekeke

Nothing wrong with competition, unless your expecting Valencia and Nani to play every single match over a 10 month season, thats not going to happen either, Chelsea once had Joe Cole and Shaun wright phillips as back up wingers to Duff and Robben, it gave them great depth and meant they always had quality out wide injuries or otherwise.

Not saying we'll go for Sanchez or any winger merely saying all this talk of 'we dont need another winger because weve got 2 very good ones' dosnt really stand up when neither are going to play 65 matches in a season week after week and your not accounting for Injury/Loss of form/or just basically needing a rest which will all likely happen at some stage.....plenty of top clubs have 3 or 4 quality players who can play in a certain position meaning their not fecked as soon as 1 player gets injured….isnt Valencia in a wheel chair as of now after ankle surgery?
None of Valencia, Nani nor Sanchez are going to be happy sitting on the bench. And we saw with Tevez what happens when quality players who would be starting for other top teams, are forced to sit out important matches.

Our wingers were our strong point last season other than Rooney. We need cover, not 3 wingers who would get into 95% of other teams.

Ekeke

Or you maybe use one of your wide players in a more central are like Nani perhaps.
So why not sign a player with experience playing behind a striker instead? We arent going to sign central players to play on the wing, we arent going to sign wide players to play in the middle.

Allforone

None of Valencia, Nani nor Sanchez are going to be happy sitting on the bench. And we saw with Tevez what happens when quality players who would be starting for other top teams, are forced to sit out important matches.

Our wingers were our strong point last season other than Rooney. We need cover, not 3 wingers who would get into 95% of other teams.
Of course their not, its called competition for places something that is extremely healthy and at top clubs should be expected in every position, having 3 high quality wingers means the 2 who get selected have to play bloody well to keep their place in the team (which is how it should be shouldn’t it?) and that alone can only be good for the club, considering our rotation policy anyway (when was the last time we named an unchanged team?) its hardly unlikely that the so called 3rd winger of the three would be playing around 30-35 games anyway maybe more depending on player fitness/form etc……so i hardly think 'bench time' would be an issue, id expect them to be rotated throughout the season.

Ive just never agreed with this idea of 'no need to sign a winger we have 2 good ones' well yeah that’s great but all it takes is an injury to one a loss of form (nanis only really found his recent form sine January before that many thought he could even be sold!) or something along those lines and your left with a gap, plus whos to say complacency wont creep in with both Valencia and Nani knowing when fit they play pretty much regardless as their so clearly superior to the rest.

All the top clubs have 3 or 4 high quality options in every position because its a squad game.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Personally from what ive seen Sanchez looks a fantastic player and at just 21 hes in all likelihood going to be a star in the coming years, naturally left footed playing and cutting in from the right....remind you of anyone?

I think it would be extremely exciting to have a trio of Valencia/Nani/Sanchez all vying for spots on the flanks, what a fantastic set to pick from and all very young to boot, when you accept this will probably be Giggs last season then i wouldn’t say signing another high quality wide man 'isnt needed', whilst it may not be a priority it certainly wouldn’t be a waste of money.
I'd say if you don't know his strongest foot, you've not really seen enough of him to judge.

Not meant to sound dickish or anything, just saying...i've not seen enough of him either.

Ekeke

Of course their not, its called competition for places something that is extremely healthy and at top clubs should be expected in every position, having 3 high quality wingers means the 2 who get selected have to play bloody well to keep their place in the team (which is how it should be shouldn’t it?) and that alone can only be good for the club, considering our rotation policy anyway (when was the last time we named an unchanged team?) its hardly unlikely that the so called 3rd winger of the three would be playing around 30-35 games anyway maybe more depending on player fitness/form etc……

Ive just never agreed with this idea of 'no need to sign a winger we have 2 good ones' well yeah that’s great but all it takes is an injury to one a loss of form (nanis only really found his recent form sine January before that many thought he could even be sold!) or something along those lines and your left with a gap, plus whos to say complacency wont creep in with both Valencia and Nani knowing when fit they play pretty much regardless as their so clearly superior to the rest.

All the top clubs have 3 or 4 high quality options in every position because its a squad game.
Okay then, who are Chelsea's 3 or 4 options as good as Valencia, Nani and Sanchez?

Arsenal's?

Barcelona's?

Real Madrid's?

No. No they dont and we arent going to either. The only way we sign a player like him is if we sell Valencia or Nani.

Name Changed

weso26
I think he could be a top quality player. But, let's face it, we are not going to sign him, even if we needed him.

Allforone

Okay then, who are Chelsea's 3 or 4 options as good as Valencia, Nani and Sanchez?

Arsenal's?

Barcelona's?

Real Madrid's?

No. No they dont and we arent going to either. The only way we sign a player like him is if we sell Valencia or Nani.
Im not talking about specific wingers im talking positions in general, take Barcelona then, how many options do they will/they have in central midfield next season? Xavi/Iniesta/Fabregas/ for example, 3 very similar players who can all play the same role, then on the flanks they’ll have Mata/Pedro/Messi again either way one of those 3 aint going to be in the team next season, its called competition, you dont have 11 'best players' then buy 11 ‘back ups’ do you?

Arsenal for instance last season had Arshavin/Nasri/Rsicky/Fabregas who all can play similar roles, either Arshavin or Rosicky can play from the left either Nasri or Fabregas off the front etc, again competition, if one player gets injured or what not hes replaced by another high quality one, not some back up option whos a good few levels below.

I dont really see why your taking such issue with this really, its been this way for years my point about Chelsea under Mourinhio i made early shows that, Joe Cole/Shaun wright Phillips/Damien Duff and Arjen Robben, 4 high class wingers all battling for 2 places at the time in that squad.

Depth.

Ekeke

Im not talking about specific wingers im talking positions in general,
Right, so you're agreed that nobody has the depth of wingers that you're suggesting we might decide to go for should we sign Sanchez. Why is that do you think?

Do these managers just know less than you or something? They've all decided against it for some reason.

Allforone

Ekeke, why are Barcelona trying to buy Fabregas when they already have Xavi and Iniesta?? why are they trying to buy Mata when they already have Messi and Pedro? by your logic shouldn’t they be looking to buy a 'back up' option rather than another high quality player given one will have to sit on the bench and wont like it?

Its not how top clubs operate im afraid, its been a squad game for years now the old days of your best 11 are long gone, Fergies been saying this for the best part of a decade.

Competition for places/rotation throughout a season etc all requires more than just a good 11 players then a few back ups if things go tits up, if you have 3 quality wingers then you rotate them as weven been rotating players for a long time under fergie.

Allforone

Right, so you're agreed that nobody has the depth of wingers that you're suggesting we might decide to go for should we sign Sanchez. Why is that do you think?

Do these managers just know less than you or something? They've all decided against it for some reason.
Why are Barcelona after Mata when they’ve already got Messi and Pedro Ekeke?

Having potentially 3 quality wingers in a squad is far from abnormal, as i pointed out Chelsea had 4 under their Mourinhio years, they seemed to do alright if i recall.

Ekeke

Ekeke, why are Barcelona trying to buy Fabregas when they already have Xavi and Iniesta?? why are they trying to buy Mata when they already have Messi and Pedro? by your logic shouldn’t they be looking to buy a 'back up' option rather than another high quality player given one will have to sit on the bench and wont like it?

Its not how top clubs operate im afraid, its been a squad game for years now the old days of your best 11 are long gone, Fergies been saying this for the best part of a decade.

Competition for places/rotation throughout a season etc all requires more than just a good 11 players then a few back ups if things go tits up, if you have 3 quality wingers then you rotate them as weven been rotating players for a long time under fergie.
The only comparison to be made here and a fair one. To be honest we dont know for sure that they are going to sign him and have those 3 players. And if they do it'll be because Pedro is still on his way to becoming an experienced player. Last season was his first season in first team football.

Nani, Sanchez and Valencia are all more experienced and each one will be expecting to start for a top club at this point. If any of them are being kept out of the team for 3-4 months they'll be wanting to leave the next window because they deserve better than to be sitting on the bench. All 3 of them could start for almost all the clubs out there. We're already very lucky to have the wingers we have and a new one of the same quality is really low on a list of priorities.

Ekeke

Having potentially 3 quality wingers in a squad is far from abnormal, as i pointed out Chelsea had 4 under their Mourinhio years, they seemed to do alright if i recall.
Well are you saying Sanchez is potentially a quality winger? Because he's pretty much shown in the competition that he is a quality winger. My only question mark is still his crossing, which it was when I first saw him a couple of years ago. But now it seems he barely ever crosses the ball which sort of covers that problem.

Nani and Valencia are already quality wingers and nobody should be suggesting otherwise. And really, if you're suggesting Sanchez isnt yet a quality winger then I dont see why you're saying we should get him anyway. There are plenty of players who could do a good job as cover and a lot of them wont cost the majority of our budget.

Ringo 07

He had a fairly quiet game today against Spain and was taken off in the second half. Tons of potential though but looks even smaller than Messi!

Allforone

The only comparison to be made here and a fair one. To be honest we dont know for sure that they are going to sign him and have those 3 players. And if they do it'll be because Pedro is still on his way to becoming an experienced player. Last season was his first season in first team football.

Nani, Sanchez and Valencia are all more experienced and each one will be expecting to start for a top club at this point. If any of them are being kept out of the team for 3-4 months they'll be wanting to leave the next window because they deserve better than to be sitting on the bench. All 3 of them could start for almost all the clubs out there. We're already very lucky to have the wingers we have and a new one of the same quality is really low on a list of priorities.

Mata to Barcelona is all but tied up, I expect we’ll hear about it officially after the WC much like Silva to City.

Sanchez is 21, Valencia 24 and Nani 23 i believe, all still very young, were not talking about established superstars with big egos who will demand a starting place, Nanis only been a regular at United in the last 4 months of the last season having been with us for 3 years now, before that he was behind Giggs/Ronaldo in the pecking order, i dont remember him demanding to leave after we signed him from Sporting because he wasn’t a regular straight away?

Im not saying another winger is a priority signing nor am i saying we should sign Sanchez in particular, all im saying is i believe having 3 young exciting wingers in the squad rotating with each other pushing each other would only be beneficial to the club should it occur and to rule out a player of such obvious talent because we have 2 good ones at the club doesn’t make sense to me given the modern way of squad rotation and the amount of injuries players pick up due to higher demands in the game.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
If we were to sign a winger I'd like them to be able to play off Rooney as well.

Ekeke

Last season was Nani and Valencia's breathrough as top level wingers. It will be a test of their patience if they are frozen out of the side, especially if it comes about because we go out and buy another top level prospect in someone like Sanchez. Maybe they would stay and try and fight it out a while, but some players (like Tevez) wont like it. So why risk it when you dont need to? We have much more pressing concerns. Once we've sorted out our keeper for the next 5 years and who will be our playmaker after Scholes' last season, we can come back and look at our winger situation and there will still be good players out there if we really 'need' to bring a player in.

Ekeke

Oh and Allforone, I cannot see Valencia selling both Mata and Silva now having already sold Villa. I think they'll sell 1 more if the offer is good enough and then they'll keep the other for at least one more season. At this point Silva looks most likely to move and that'll free up Valencia's purse strings to offer Mata the contract and bonuses he was promised last season. Alternatively Mata could be allowed to join Barcelona and they could keep Silva.

Allforone

And really, if you're suggesting Sanchez isnt yet a quality winger then I dont see why you're saying we should get him anyway.
Im not saying we should sign him, i took issue with the idea of saying we shouldnt sign him becasue we already have Nani and Valencia and he wouldnt fit in, im saying were we to sign him then i see it as a beneficial thing to have 3 quality wingers rather than 2 and a average back up who only plays when ones injured, theyd be rotated anyway so there wouldnt be a first choice pair as it were, thats the modern game, id expect Nani/Valencia and Sanchez to play similiar amounts of games should the situation occur.

There are plenty of players who could do a good job as cover and a lot of them wont cost the majority of our budget.
See thats what i dont agree with right there, 'Cover'? basically your advocating signing a player only in case of an injury to a 'starter' and say to that player 'right youll only play when one of player X and Y are injured becasue your not good enough to start over them and your just a bench option', thats ridiculous in my view, as i say and ill keep saying theres no such thing as cover in the modern game with the amount of games teams play and the amount of rotation we especially use under Sir Alex theres no such thing as your best 11 anymore, Sir alex has said this time and again, the squads of the big clubs these days prove it, i dont think anyone has a best 11 anymore as the teams change from week to week, some inforced some otherwise.

Allforone

Oh and Allforone, I cannot see Valencia selling both Mata and Silva now having already sold Villa. I think they'll sell 1 more if the offer is good enough and then they'll keep the other for at least one more season. At this point Silva looks most likely to move and that'll free up Valencia's purse strings to offer Mata the contract and bonuses he was promised last season. Alternatively Mata could be allowed to join Barcelona and they could keep Silva.
I think your underestimating Valencias problems and the advanced nature of both transfers, ill happily suggest you quote this post that Mata and Silva will both leave Valencia this summer and ill be shocked if its proven otherwise.

If it is then ill happily admit i was wrong, but id wager with anyone right now both deals will go through.

Ekeke

Cover for injured, suspended and out of form wingers yes. If Nani and Valencia are in form they'll be starting.

Ekeke

I think your underestimating Valencias problems and the advanced nature of both transfers, ill happily suggest you quote this post that Mata and Silva will both leave Valencia this summer and ill be shocked if its proven otherwise.

If it is then ill happily admit i was wrong, but id wager with anyone right now both deals will go through.
Actually I happen to know that they have no short term problems. The only "problem" they had looming this summer was that they needed to make a certain amount of money to fulfill their agreement with a Valencian bank that they are no longer going to be losing money each year. They did what they had promised by selling Villa and Zigic.

And I also happen to know that if they were in real strife, they do have offers for the sale of the Mestalla. They have chosen not to accept them because they want to get peak value. But if they really needed money they could just accept the 200 million or so for the stadium and not have had to sell a single player this summer.

Things are actually looking pretty good for them, just as long as the team can qualify for the champions league without David Villa. And thats the hard part. Because to continue to burn off the debt, they need to be qualifying each season and they arent going to do that selling Villa, Silva and Mata all in the same summer. No more than we're going to burn through our debt by selling Rooney, Vidic and Evra and then failing to get into the champions league next season.

They need to be left with the 3rd, at a push 4th best team in the country and they cannot sell all their best players and do that.

Allforone

Cover for injured, suspended and out of form wingers yes. If Nani and Valencia are in form they'll be starting.

No problem with that at all, its how it should be form players in the team, but that’s a rather simplistic view of course for many reasons but ill give one for example, the Christmas period, game after game in the space of a couple of days, you cant keep playing the same players of course it doesn’t and cant happen, form or otherwise tiredness creeps in maybe injury maybe even loss of form, the point is if you have 3 quality wingers then that becomes far less of an issue seeing as you’ll be rotating them throughout the campaign thus reducing fatigue levels thus reducing injury occurrences thus reducing the team suffering from missing just 1 player in a position without similar quality coming in because of any of the aforementioned issues.

Look I do agree that another winger isn’t a priority, there are clearly far more pressing issues with the team that need addressing, but where I disagree with you is the idea of having 3 similar level players rotating is a bad thing compared to relying on 2 men every game week after week and then finding yourself in a spot of bother when inevitably one cant play for one reason or another.

Ekeke

Its only for the wingers that I dont think we need 3 quality options. For everywhere else its what we do need. But on the wings we're sorted for the next season at least, as long as there are no long term injuries. As long as we have a player who can play 6-8 games in a row and do a good job, we're absolutely fine. Plus I rate Obertan to have a breakout season and keep the other two on their toes. I dont think he's a similar quality winger - not yet anyway. But he can make sure the other two are performing or lose their place, I've absolute faith in that.

Allforone

Not sure if this has already been posted but anyway:

Udinese warn Manchester United off Chile World Cup 2010 star Alexis Sanchez
Serie A side will only sell for 'outrageous' price...By Matt Monaghan
23 Jun 2010 14:05:00

Alexis Sánchez:
Udinese have warned Manchester United that Chile World Cup 2010 winger Alexis Sanchez will only leave the club if they receive an "outrageous offer."

The 22-year old has emerged as a star in South Africa as he has wowed watching scouts playing for Marcelo Bielsa's side. In the past, the player has expressed a desire to move to the Premier League runners-up, but Udinese sporting director Fabrizio Larini has declared no interest in sanctioning the switch.

Speaking to reporters, Larini said: "He will only leave for an outrageous offer.

"The boy is young and we want him to remain with us for at least another year. We have had many requests and not just from Italy. But I repeat, we do not want to let him go."

Real Madrid have also been linked as admirers of the energetic wide-man.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
We do not need another winger. Nani's just taken amazing strides in his development and should be our main focus. I've not seen too much of Sanchez other than today's match, but I'd be surprised if he had the potential of Nani.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This kid is class, has a tad more footballing intelligence than Nani.. but I don't see the point of wanting to sign the lad as he isn't much better than what we've got, Right wing is the strongest position we've got in the team with two potential world class under 25 yr old talents.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Agree with above, good player but there are much more gaping holes in the side than players who can play out wide.

Sign Ozil SAF

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Another player who can play on the left for Barca is David Villa. So I guess we are going to be seeing

Ibra

Villa--------Messi

Xavi----Busquets----Iniesta​

Enigma_87

You know who
Another player who can play on the left for Barca is David Villa. So I guess we are going to be seeing

Ibra

Villa--------Messi

Xavi----Busquets----Iniesta​
not to mention that leaves players like Bojan,Pedro,Mata, Henry, Keita on the bench. Barca are really taking the piss compiling a team like that..

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Park, Giggs, Obertan, Cleverly.. they don't exist?
They do exist but...

Park has done better in an CM role where he marks the oppositions playmaker... Still a good backup winger..

Giggs is probably in his last season..

Obertan has lots of potential... Hopefully he will get more chances...

Cleverly is unknown talent... Had a great spell on loan... but some people rate him as a Creative MF player more than a winger... We'll see more of him at pre-season...

Not saying we should immediately sign A.Sanchez but if SAF see's that he is what we need, then I'd definately agree with him cause his potential could be well seen...

Just wished Belgium had made the WC2010 too... so we'd also be wanking ourselves about E.Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.