Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
Looks a very overrated player. Wasteful in possession, lots of pointless stepovers which go nowhere. No end product.

Matias Fernandez looked a much better player with more end product. Not that he's up to our standards either.

MUFC07

Looks a very overrated player. Wasteful in possession, lots of pointless stepovers which go nowhere. No end product.

Matias Fernandez looked a much better player with more end product. Not that he's up to our standards either.
Yeah a lot of stars started like that. Don't you know Ronaldo or Nani? Pretty stupid to think a player of his quality can't change that aspect of his game and so become a world-beater.

As a matter of fact I think he is better than many of the wingers in the PL in terms of talent and potential, but of course he would need to be guided.

I don't think he is overrated, he is quality.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…

Is it not more likely that you have underrated him after seeing him in one match where he actually played very well?

It might be the wrong approach, but I tend to focus on touch and core technique when watching either a young player, or someone that I wasn't previously aware of, because players with those core abilities can be worked with.

Expecting to understand someones entire future career path after watching them once has just never seemed terribly realistic or fair.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Oh my. He was brilliant today. Absolutely brilliant. Wasteful in possesion at times, sure. Made the wrong choice at times also. Overall though, he was brilliant.

I'd never seen him before today, but he's going to go on to be a top top player.

Ekeke

He looks very agile and fast, but doesn't have much end product, maybe "loves the ball" a bit too much....

...he probably could be moulded in a very good/great winger but I don't think United need him at the moment...
You've got it nailed there. He is good but not much in it between him and Valencia. And Nani is better. We have no need.

Oh my. He was brilliant today. Absolutely brilliant. Wasteful in possesion at times, sure. Made the wrong choice at times also. Overall though, he was brilliant.

I'd never seen him before today, but he's going to go on to be a top top player.
Way over the top.

He was good, probably a bit better than Fernandes overall and therefore Chile's best player. But still lots of incorrect choices and wasteful bits of play.

Carl

You've got it nailed there. He is good but not much in it between him and Valencia. And Nani is better. We have no need.
There's always a need for players that will go on to be amongst the best in their position.

Carl

Way over the top.

He was good, probably a bit better than Fernandes overall and therefore Chile's best player. But still lots of incorrect choices and wasteful bits of play.
Almost every Chilean attack went through him. Like i said, he was wasteful in parts but overall he was brilliant. Tracked back well too.

He'll go on to be amongst the best in the World. Facht.

Maroon Lucifer

I agree about Matigol. He was definitely MoM, a class above everybody else. A totally different player than when I first saw him, back when everybody wanted him to be the next Ronaldinho. I will keep an eye on him in the coming games.

But the Sanchez lad has potential, that can't be denied. Nowhere near the finished article for me though. And yes, I can see parallels to the Ronaldo that came on against Bolton back when.

Myxomatosis

Is it not more likely that you have underrated him after seeing him in one match where he actually played very well?

It might be the wrong approach, but I tend to focus on touch and core technique when watching either a young player, or someone that I wasn't previously aware of, because players with those core abilities can be worked with.

Expecting to understand someones entire future career path after watching them once has just never seemed terribly realistic or fair.
You might care to notice I never said he won't develop into a good player, I said he is all stepovers and no end product right now, which he is. Apparently people are a lot more impressed by a few tricks than actual quality. I wasn't amazed by his technique either, he reminded me of the guy at school who could do every trick on the Nike adverts but couldn't actually play football on a pitch with eleven players.

I've seen him play for Udinese a few times too and always thought the same thing.

His decision making was apalling by the way, I lost count of the number of times he ruined a good moved by dwelling on the ball or making completely the wrong call.

Yeah a lot of stars started like that. Don't you know Ronaldo or Nani? Pretty stupid to think a player of his quality can't change that aspect of his game and so become a world-beater.
For every Ronaldo and Nani there are fifty Ricardo Quaresma's and minor Brazilian players capable of brilliance but deliver it only one game in twenty.

As a matter of fact I think he is better than many of the wingers in the PL in terms of talent and potential, but of course he would need to be guided.
So because he's better than some dodgy wingers at bottom end Premier League clubs (and obviously he is) he's good enough for us?

I don't think he is overrated, he is quality.
Muppetry at his finest.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Almost every Chilean attack went through him. Like i said, he was wasteful in parts but overall he was brilliant. Tracked back well too.

Wow easy there.He did well but some of the praise is a bit too much

Ekeke

Amongst the best in the world or amongst the best in his position?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For every Ronaldo and Nani there are fifty Ricardo Quaresma's and minor Brazilian players capable of brilliance but deliver it only one game in twenty.
Indeed, Cristiano was a special talent.It's stupid to use his career as an example when you see a young promising winger emerging

MUFC07

So because he's better than some dodgy wingers at bottom end Premier League clubs (and obviously he is) he's good enough for us?

Muppetry at his finest.
You do have a point, but it's not addressing mine. My point is that it is pretty stupid and deluded to write off a player because some dodgy desicion making at his age and being playing outside the top level. Look what Ronaldo did, and what Nani is doing with the correct guidance.

He is not better than some dodgy wingers, mate. He is probably better than any of Liverpool's wingers in terms of ability, even ahead of City's, Everton and arguably Arsenal's and Spurs'. I didn't say he is good enough for us, I was talking about him as a player, not as OUR player. I do not rate him above Valencia, Nani, Giggs or Park.

Do you even know what muppetry is? I have seen this guy regularly since 2006 and followed his progress through Colo Colo, River, and Udinese. You have seen him today.

Myxomatosis

You do have a point, but it's not addressing mine. My point is that it is pretty stupid and deluded to write off a player because some dodgy desicion making at his age and being playing outside the top level.
Who is writing him off? I am saying that right now he's a million miles from a top player because he has incredibly low intelligence on a football pitch, in some instance you can have a total turnaround in that area, but it's far more likely he won't and he'll always be a skillful but dissapointing player.

talking robot

Those who are saying that he doesn't have much of an end product...I don't know what match you were watching. He was very intelligent in his passing and movement. Many of his moves ended in clear cut chances for the Chileans. If there was a "lack of end product," it was only a result of poor finishing from his teammates. In general, Sanchez was technically very good and intelligent with his use of the ball.

MUFC07

Who is writing him off? I am saying that right now he's a million miles from a top player because he has incredibly low intelligence on a football pitch, in some instance you can have a total turnaround in that area, but it's far more likely he won't and he'll always be a skillful but dissapointing player.
Yeah, cause you have seen him once.

I guess that if you had seen Ronaldo play and average game (which he had a lot when he was beginning) you would have said the same. Ditto Nani.

The difference of following a player's progress over the years.

Plan M

Haha you muppets really do come out in force when the world cup is on and someone has a good game.

:lol:

Devil may care

I thought he was excellent today, explosively fast, great close control, rapid change of direction off the mark and decent delivery, I think the lack of goals was down to Chile not having a decent center forward to put away the chances, where was Humberto Suazo?

The commentators mentioned several times that Real were interested in him and I reckon wherever he goes to move to the next level, the first order of business will be shooting practice.

Indeed, Cristiano was a special talent.It's stupid to use his career as an example when you see a young promising winger emerging
Very true, it's the same with people trying to act like every midfielder that is average at 22 will blossom the way Fletcher has.

MUFC07

I thought he was excellent today, explosively fast, great close control, rapid change of direction off the mark and decent delivery, I think the lack of goals was down to Chile not having a decent center forward to put away the chances, where was Humberto Suazo?

The commentators mentioned several times that Real were interested in him and I reckon wherever he goes to move to the next level, the first order of business will be shooting practice.
Bielsa didn't want to risk him, he could barely recover to be fit for this game after injury.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

I think you're becoming a bit obsessed with talking down players who 'the muppets love to *** over' at this World Cup. Which is just as bad as the very people you're taking the piss out of, just on the other scale.

He looked very promising, that's the only solid conclusion you could have drawn out of today's game. Raw, sure. Wasteful at times too. Whether he goes on to fix those parts of his game is anyone's guess.

Carl

Wow easy there.He did well but some of the praise is a bit too much
I'm convinced. I've seen him play 92mins so am fully qualified to make that judgement.

Amongst the best in the World in his position.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
You might care to notice I never said he won't develop into a good player, I said he is all stepovers and no end product right now, which he is. Apparently people are a lot more impressed by a few tricks than actual quality. I wasn't amazed by his technique either, he reminded me of the guy at school who could do every trick on the Nike adverts but couldn't actually play football on a pitch with eleven players.

I've seen him play for Udinese a few times too and always thought the same thing.

His decision making was apalling by the way, I lost count of the number of times he ruined a good moved by dwelling on the ball or making completely the wrong call.
It's not really fair to complain when others take you at your word, particularly if you have not been careful enough to say exactly what you did mean. You said that he looks "a very overrated player". Apart from wondering who is rating him highly enough for him to actually be overrated, that does imply that it was based on one game. But even if it is based on several games, it's still not enough to be able to say anything definitive.

Although this is obviously subjective, so probably a little unfair:

Goal.com:

Sanchez: 9 - The outstanding player on show. He had pace, cunning and a refreshing directness to his game and gave the Hondurans a torrid time with his quick feet. Though he occasionally took a few too many touches, he made an art form of evading challenges. One of the finest individual performances of the tournament so far.
The Independent:

Sanchez: Fantastic movement and fancy skills occasionally gave way to self-indulgent show-boating. Ultimately progressive, attacking play and a fantastic performance. 8
Whether he has the potential to be one of the better exponents at what he does or not, he is clearly a very talented player, which many people have known about for some time.

Far more qualified people than I admit that potential is an almost impossible quality to understand, because it is literally a moving target that often depends on external factors. But it does help if you have the core technical qualities that can be worked with.

Sanchez has many of those qualities, which was the point that many people were originally making.

Myxomatosis

I think you're becoming a bit obsessed with talking down players who 'the muppets love to *** over' at this World Cup. Which is just as bad as the very people you're taking the piss out of, just on the other scale.

He looked very promising, that's the only solid conclusion you could have drawn out of today's game. Raw, sure. Wasteful at times too. Whether he goes on to fix those parts of his game is anyone's guess.
No chance. Ozil for example was fecking brilliant.

Brwned

That doesn't really make any real point.

You've seemingly enjoyed Gourcuff, Suarez etc. not performing well to some extent, bvecause that then allows you to tell 'the muppets' how they were wrong all along about him, how he's so overrated etc.

That's the way it's looking, at least, because Sanchez's performance was full of positives and you decided to only point out the negatives.

Carl

His performance was overrated just as i'm overrating Sanchez's. I've seen the Germany v Australia game twice (don't ask) and neither time it was live so i watched the gamed knowing what fuss had been made about him. I have too say i'm not sure why. He was neat and tidy and had a good game but equally as wastful as Sanchez in parts. Also, for a large part of the game he was playing against 10men with, in effect, the game won. He was offered a lot more space for a large period of time in that game which obviously makes it much easier.

Brwned

Off the ball I thought Ozil was much bette than Sanchez, although on the ball Sanchez was more impressive.

Carl

Off the ball I thought Ozil was much bette than Sanchez, although on the ball Sanchez was more impressive.
That's to be expected really.

Although Ozil didnt work as hard in his own half, like Sanchez did.

Ekeke

Ozil created better openings and wasted less avenues to create. Sanchez often chose the wrong option or tried to go himself when a pass was a better option.

Brwned

He played in behind the striker for Germany just recently, and has played there plenty for club and country, and he's played on both wings for Werder.

He's best in behind the striker.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He played in behind the striker for Germany just recently, and has played there plenty, and he's played on both wings for Werder.

He's best in behind the striker.
I guess Chile dont play with a player just behind a striker. If they did, I m pretty sure he would be playing there. They play a 4-3-3 like us in big games. Hence, he mainly plays on the right wing.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Chile do play with a player just behind the striker. Today it was Fernandez until the last 10 minutes when Sanchez got put there, but to be honest Sanchez had so much of the ball out wide that it did him no favours moving him away from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.