Status
Not open for further replies.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Scored this corker against Bari at the weekend:

and set up Isla's second as well

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The lad is class. I got so giddy about him during the World Cup. Would love for us to sign him. He's gunna become one of the best in his position imo.

mufcwarm92

I know Fergie has pretty much ruled out January moves but I certainly think this lad has attributes that would suit the Premiership. I've seen a fair amount of Sanchez and he looks to be short but stocky and feisty, akin to the likes of Arshavin, who has been successful in this league. He looks a tricky winger with pace and a genuine goal scoring threat, which is something we don't always have from midfield.

With Valencia's injury and the fact that Sanchez isn't cuptied, it all adds up to a decent January acquisition for a Champions League club, and I'm sure Fergie wouldn't want to lose out on a talent like this, one that in all likelihood we are watching closely.

SATA

Seen him only in the world cup, he plays absolutely without fear and never shys away from the ball which i particularly like. I wish we can get him as a Giggsy replacement.

::sonny::

Him alongside to Hernandez would be a fantastic duo, los niños maravillas, la explosión :D

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I would think that if we are in for any winger we would be in for one the prefers to play down the left or atleast is equally effective down the left.. We already have Valencia and Nani for the right wing.. Wouldn't that be more likely?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don't know why everyone here thinks Sanchez is just a right winger. He can play as a striker or just behind the striker or on the left wing. He is a very versatile player.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I hope we move in first and don't feck around and wait for the summer as normal. Some of our best signings have come in the Janauary transfer window when we've been able to get the jump on other clubs.

If we want him, we should get him signed. Don't piss about fgs Gill/Glazers.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
I hope we move in first and don't feck around and wait for the summer as normal. Some of our best signings have come in the Janauary transfer window when we've been able to get the jump on other clubs.

If we want him, we should get him signed. Don't piss about fgs Gill/Glazers.
Especially considering he isn't CL cup tied, so there is no real reason not to go for him in January if the club decide he is a player they want to sign.

Cina

He's a class young player, but it's the fact that he's right footed when we have a plentiful supply of those already that makes me think we just don't really need him in contrast to other areas

Blair

He's a class young player, but it's the fact that he's right footed when we have a plentiful supply of those already that makes me think we just don't really need him in contrast to other areas
Agreed. We need a left sided player. Although Nani, Obertan and Bebe can play on both flanks.

anver

Shart stop
You really think we will sign any established players in January or even in the summer? We last bought Valencia two years ago. Now, we only buy ponies, keep those that click, and sell off those who do not.

RDCR07

Especially considering he isn't CL cup tied, so there is no real reason not to go for him in January if the club decide he is a player they want to sign.
Because he is going to cost more in January than in the summer and we really cannot afford to pay more for a player when we can actually get him a little cheaper in the summer.

davisjw

Was one of the few players that caught my eye this World Cup. I'd take him in a heartbeat - our wingers aren't needed for crossing any longer, the game has evolved into a game where crosses come prominently from the sidebacks. Plus he's good enough to lay in a few with his left foot, dominate or not.

Has Honda done anything of note since the WC?

Enigma_87

You know who
Because he is going to cost more in January than in the summer and we really cannot afford to pay more for a player when we can actually get him a little cheaper in the summer.
Having in mind Valencia's long term injury he'd be more needed in January. Not to mention that if he keeps improving and making headlines, he'd cost more in the summer anyway..

Wan

You really think we will sign any established players in January or even in the summer? We last bought Valencia two years ago. Now, we only buy ponies, keep those that click, and sell off those who do not.
If we feel we have the need for one, we would do so as long as the price is right.

Amir

Having in mind Valencia's long term injury he'd be more needed in January. Not to mention that if he keeps improving and making headlines, he'd cost more in the summer anyway..
Looking at how the Hargreaves thing has evolved, I can't see us signing a player in January because the lad in his position is injured and should be back a few months later.

RDCR07

Football | Barclays Premier League | United ready to splash the cash | ESPNSTAR.com

Manchester United may have publicly ruled out any transfer dealings in January, but behind the scenes it could be a different story.

Wayne Rooney's contract saga last month forced the club to reconsider its position as a competitive force in the transfer market despite growing concerns among fans - and senior players like Rooney - about the lack of big name signings at Old Trafford.

Soon after however, with Rooney's contract signed and sealed, boss Sir Alex Ferguson declared there would be no new signings in January because of his faith in the ability of the current United squad to win trophies.

With the opening of the January transfer window less than two months away, there are increasingly reliable reports which point to a fresh Fergie swoop for young stars to replace United legends like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

Udinese's Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez looks a good contender for a move to the red half of Manchester if reports in the UK press are to be believed.

The Daily Mirror confirms via the 21-year-old's agent Fernando Felicevich that United have been monitoring the player for some time now with a deal becoming a real possibility.

"Manchester United has been following the performances of Alexis since some time ago and it could be a possibility in the future," Felicevich was quoted as saying.

"The Premier League would be a good destination for Alexis as he is young, strong and very fast, something very important for being able to have success in that league."

Another player on United's wishlist is Standard Liege captain Steven Defour.

United's tracking of the Belgian midfielder has been well-documented. Defour was also suitably impressed by a personal letter of encouragement sent to him by Ferguson while he was out with a serious injury some time ago.

His agent Paul Stefani told the Daily Mirror that there are a host of clubs looking at the midfield star, but stopped short of confirming his client was on the verge of a move to Old Trafford.

"I can confirm that there are informal contacts with Italian, English, French, German and Spanish clubs, but nothing that suggests an imminent closure in a negotiation," he said.

"A departure in January? It's too early to tell about it, this depends on many things."

United's goalkeeping situation remains a very delicate situation at the club.

A whole host of potential successors to the 40-year-old Edwin van der Sar have been thrown around. Van der Sar has said he wants to keep on playing next season but the regular appearance of United's chief scout Martin Ferguson at games to watch Rangers stopper Allan McGregor suggest his days are numbered.

Ferguson has watched the 28-year-old in action against Valencia this week, and he also witnessed McGregor's fine performance for Scotland against Spain in a recent Euro 2012 qualifier.

Rangers will not want to let McGregor go, but the club's dire financial situation is likely to force their hand. The reigning Scottish champions already have a suitable replacement in goal ready with Neil Alexander, so selling McGregor won't shake their squad up too much.

On Thursday, Alexander also committed himself to Rangers by signing a new contract.

Drifter

American
Alexis Sanchez has already been in talks with Manchester United and the Udinese starlet’s agent says “he’s perfect for the Premier League.”

The 21-year-old Chilean is well-known as one of Sir Alex Ferguson’s favourite players and has repeatedly been linked to Old Trafford.

“For the time being we do not have any fresh news. I don’t think he will move in the January transfer window, but maybe in the summer. We will see,” agent Fernando Felicevich told sport.co.uk.

“Yes Manchester United are watching him, and it could be a possibility in the future. I have heard that another Premier League club also enquired, but they didn’t contact me.

“For the time being the only thing I have heard is from Manchester United. The Premier League is a very interesting destination for Alexis Sanchez but it is only Manchester at the moment.

“The price? I don’t know, it is up to the club, it is not for me to discuss transfer fees. I think his style is perfect for the Premier League, he is very fast, very young, and strong, which I think you need to succeed in the Premier League.

“He's a young player with a very promising future. Sanchez has so much talent, that if he continues his progression, he could reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo."

El Nino Maravilla has been rated at around £15-20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.