Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

True. But left wingers with a natural left foot are a dying breed. While inside out wingers ala Messi have proven the bees knees to solve such issues. Like Ronaldo for Real for example.
Sad but true unfortunately. Dare I said it, who could we really get other than Gareth Bale, and he'd probably cost twice as much as Sanchez. I guess it would explain why defenders have such problems against left footed players, because they're not used to playing against them nowadays.

Hopefully the scouts will grab a left footed winger version of Hernandez for 7m :D

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
sad but true unfortunately. Dare i said it, who could we really get other than gareth bale, and he'd probably cost twice as much as sanchez. I guess it would explain why defenders have such problems against left footed players, because they're not used to playing against them nowadays.

hopefully the scouts will grab a left footed winger version of hernandez for 7m :d
:d

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
^ He also said they'd sell him to the club who offers them the most money.

That rules us out then.
But he has said he is willing to play for us. I ve not read an article where he said he is down to play for Chelsea.

Ekeke

I'm sure he'd be willing to play for a lot of clubs. But to choose one and not be open to joining another is something completely different.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There is absoutely no way we are going to win an open bidding war with any of the top guns or City. If it comes to that, we will probably resign before it even begins like we did with Essien. Unless a player desperately wants to join us and no one else, like Berbatov did, we would have to keep things very quiet to have any chance of acquiring him. In Sanchez's case it might be tough seeing as he is recognized as a top talent by pretty much everyone in football and Udinese would probably offer him to clubs anyway.

gaz1185

Udinese reveal Sanchez bid
Italians reveal huge offer

Udinese have revealed that they have received a bid of €35million (£29.7million) for star forward Alexis Sanchez.

Sanchez is being strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City all closely monitoring the Chilean star.

The 22-year-old, who first moved to Udinese back in 2008 as a teenager, is now emerging as one of the the hottest properties in Serie A.

Sanchez added to his already big reputation at the weekend when he scored four goals in Udinese's 7-0 thrashing of Palermo.

Udinese, who fended off interest in January, have now admitted they have already received a huge bid.

Udinese's chairman Franco Soldati told Sky Italia: "Sanchez is of interest of British and Italian teams.

"Somebody has already offered (for Alexis Sanchez) a figure close to 30-35 million euros but I cannot say by whom (we have received it)".

Udinese's sporting director Fabrizio Larini confirmed that the recent deals in the Premier League, for the likes of Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and David Luiz - have only cemented their own valuation of Sanchez.

"A evaluation of €25 million for Sanchez? Looking at what has been paid for (Luis) Suarez, (Fernando) Torres and David Luiz in England, I think Sanchez will also apply to more than €25 million," Larini told Calciomercato.

"But right now we don't want to look at the market. Each assessment will be made at the end of the season. "

The player himself admits he is not going to consider his future until the summer.

"My future? For now I want to play football, this is my only desire," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"At the end of the season we'll see what happens. Udinese? We are playing very well, the coach motivates us every game as if it were a final. "
It's not going to be us is it :(

Ekeke

Chelsea have their forwards and dont like wingers.

City have Dzeko, Tevez, Silva, Milner, Balotelli and Johnson for 4 spots. More likely them

I guess it could possibly be us given that we've watched him a long time and perhaps like with Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Smalling and so on, other clubs attentions have forced our hand to move for him before they do? I mean if you're planning a move for a player and then he scores 4 goals in 1 game in Serie A, you're going to want to act arent you?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It amuses me how transparent Udine are about wanting a big fee in the summer. I'm sure they'll get it too, probably not from us but we do have the money.

Bit of a shame we didn't try a bit harder to get him after Ronaldo went, I think. Not that I have any problem with Valencia.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but what would be the point of buying this chap?

Surely our money would be better spent improving an area where we're relatively weak- like central midfield?

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but what would be the point of buying this chap?

Surely our money would be better spent improving an area where we're relatively weak- like central midfield?
He's become more prominant this season playing as a number 10 behind the forward so it is not correct to consider him a winger. He's basically an attacking midfielder who is comfortable left, right or centre.

In a 3 man midfield he could quit easily be the point ahead of 2 holding players.

Godfather

When Giggs retires that leaves us with 3 wingers. (Well add Obertan to that list if he is going to become one. But we don't know what position he is going to play neither if he is going to make it) We could do with him.

Not to forget that he can be used as a second striker or in the mid too I think.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I highly doubt anyone would bid 30 million for him right now. The timing makes no sense.

Its simply a chairman looking to drive up the value of his best player. I highly doubt we'll sign him.

wr8_utd

:'(
When Giggs retires that leaves us with 3 wingers. (Well add Obertan to that list if he is going to become one. But we don't know what position he is going to play neither if he is going to make it) We could do with him.

Not to forget that he can be used as a second striker or in the mid too I think.
Left out.

Sarni

I highly doubt anyone would bid 30 million for him right now. The timing makes no sense.

Its simply a chairman looking to drive up the value of his best player. I highly doubt we'll sign him.
Why not? We often do our deals before actual transfer window begins so that players can join on July 1 and have a full pre-season with us. I imagine more than one team does that.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Why not? We often do our deals before actual transfer window begins so that players can join on July 1 and have a full pre-season with us. I imagine more than one team does that.
Yes. But we do it mostly after the season ends i.e. around May or June.

Rarely we get cases like Hernandez or Lindegaard and even then they usually come from teams in not the top leagues. Why would Udinese unsettle their best player by entering into transfer negotiations with 2 months still left to play.

Ekeke

He's become more prominant this season playing as a number 10 behind the forward so it is not correct to consider him a winger. He's basically an attacking midfielder who is comfortable left, right or centre.

In a 3 man midfield he could quit easily be the point ahead of 2 holding players.
:confused:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah, I don't really get it either. It seems to be a case of if people keep saying it enough, it just becomes an accepted truth to the ones who haven't seen all that much.

Ole'sbodyguard

From what I have seen of Sanchez he is not a central midfielder at all, regardless of whether you play holding players behind him.

It's similar to the Joe Cole can be United's creative central player argument which plenty put forward in the summer. I disagreed with it then and I disagree with it now. If United sign Sanchez we will use him primarily out wide with the added benefit he can comfortably play striker.

Devil may care

In 4-4-2 he'd play wide, but I see no reason he couldn't play where Ozil does for Madrid when we play our away day formation.

Ekeke

I meant "quite".
It still seems silly.

He's a winger or he can play as a striker. Why is it we get posters in here who make out literally anyone can play in a 3 man midfield? If thats the case why dont we have Nani in a 3 man midfield?

Untied

It still seems silly.

He's a winger or he can play as a striker. Why is it we get posters in here who make out literally anyone can play in a 3 man midfield? If thats the case why dont we have Nani in a 3 man midfield?
This. I guess the thinking is like "Oh we have three men in there, so one of them doesn't need to be that good in central midfield". But that totally destroys the point of a three man midfield.

Devil may care

So in the hole in a 4-2-3-1

Yes thats more likely.
Yes, I honestly think we would play that formation on the big occasions if we had the player to do it, in fact to a degree I'd say Rooney played that role last night, floating all over the deep areas between Hernandez and the midfield. Fergie has tried to let Gibson and Anderson have that role but it's not organic for them, so finding a player who can play wide in 4-4-2 and as the link in the big game/CL away formation switch is ideal.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I will try and find the link for this one.

Udinese chairman Franco Soldati says a bid of about £25.4m has been made for striker Alexis Sanchez. The 22-year-old has been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea but Soldati refused to identify the bidder. (Sky Italia)

Sarni

£25.4m is a really good price for him, sounds like a City bid though because only they can start negotiation with such amount. I'm probably talking bollocks though because it might have been anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.