Alexis Sanchez United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Bartley

“My family was so poor that football for me was about survival. I told my mother from a young age, ‘Don’t worry, I will become a football player and get us out of this situation’. If I had failed, I would be working 15-hour days on construction sites and still not be earning enough to live. Football saved me, and I don’t think any England players could say that." Alexei Sanchez, 2013. He went on to score both Chile goals against us in a friendly. Tough, hungry hombre, just what we need.

Fully Fledged

Everybody saying that Alexis wanted to go to City and settled for us. He was in the last 6 months of his contract he could have gone anywhere he wanted as long as the team also wanted him. City wanted him. He is not here because he couldn't go to City.

Duafc

Village Lemon

Humber, One or Sanchez’ dogs :lol:

Swipe right for anyone not on insta.

matador

“My family was so poor that football for me was about survival. I told my mother from a young age, ‘Don’t worry, I will become a football player and get us out of this situation’. If I had failed, I would be working 15-hour days on construction sites and still not be earning enough to live. Football saved me, and I don’t think any England players could say that." Alexei Sanchez, 2013. He went on to score both Chile goals against us in a friendly. Tough, hungry hombre, just what we need.
There’s a very good song by a Chilean band that perfectly depicts Alexis’ situation (and also Vidal’s). I’ll try to translate it once I’m off work.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Everybody saying that Alexis wanted to go to City and settled for us. He was in the last 6 months of his contract he could have gone anywhere he wanted as long as the team also wanted him. City wanted him. He is not here because he couldn't go to City.
He's here because we offered more money, let's be honest.

Fully Fledged

We don't know what either team offered but if it was because we were offering him more money that's a good reason to come here. It's not coming here because he could go to city. it's him coming here because the package was better. There is nothing wrong with that.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
People can say the same thing about Real Madrid that pay their players a lot of money , but its also because of the club. Sames happens here , we offer a lot of money , yes, but we are also the top club in England and in the top 3 of the world. I would say its like a 30% Money 70% Club Status.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
People can say the same thing about Real Madrid that pay their players a lot of money , but its also because of the club. Sames happens here , we offer a lot of money , yes, but we are also the top club in England and in the top 3 of the world. I would say its like a 30% Money 70% Club Status.
Except Real Madrid only pay their biggest stars mega money, the rest could earn a lot more at Utd/City/PSG, yet they're happy to be at RM.

King.of.Red

Except Real Madrid only pay their biggest stars mega money, the rest could earn a lot more at Utd/City/PSG, yet they're happy to be at RM.
And now we have signed one of the biggest stars, so nothing wrong to offer him mega money to make him want to play for us. As long as he always do his job professionally, I dont care if his real motivation to play for us is because of money.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
And City get players for free or cheap wages?

Come on now. This sudden head scratching from people about players opting to go to the better offer financially is genuinely bizarre. It's the norm. It's not only about a player wanting to go to X or Y team but also being offered good wage. It's always been that and will remain that way.

We've also lost players because we got a bit tight on money despite the possibility of them coming to us initially being high. Thats how it works.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
1) Aguero, 2) G.Jesus, 3) Sané, 4) Sterling and 5) B.Silva. Could Alexis play regularly ?. I do not think so.
Now take another look on that list and try to see who is better than him to be able to keep him on the bench. The only player on that list in the same bracket as Sanchez is Aguero.

Being bought and him being better than the lot mentioned, of course he was likely to be a regular.

RedCurry

It's been a while since a top class player rejected us for another PL rival. Last player I can think of is Hazard. Our rivals include state and oligarchs funded clubs. Literally the only reason someone would join City over us would be because of money and thankfully our owners and CEO are ready to compete on that front as well.

If Español suddenly won a couple of La Liga titles, you wouldn't be questioning the motives of players who join Barcelona.

svastian99

I do not think that Agüero or Yaya chose to play in the City because of the great "History" of the club.

With the transfer of Neymar the market went crazy, you can not get someone decent for less than € 40-50m. I still do not understand how we managed to exchange with Mkhitaryan .. the only thing I know is that I am very happy with Alexis.

AndyJ1985

Member 90678

Don't know how long you have been following united,not too long I would guess to make that comment.
City are a shite club with a shite history and even worse
Fan base.
My question would be "why would you want to play for city when united are interested".
United are still the biggest club in the UK and possibly world and believe it or not that still has a massive impact on where players want to play.

Say he went to city and won the premier league,it would be pretty hollow feeling knowing that you contributed very little and who knows what will happen next year.

Not all people are money grabbers,some people want to be part of a good team with a good enviroment to work in and a good boss.
But you keep believing he is only here for the money.

el3mel

Alexis is here because he wants to be here. If he wants City so much he would have waited till summer. Any thing about City wouldn't have given him high wages just make my laugh. This is City ffs!

TsuWave

people on arsenal-mania calling him a dog fiddler is always hilarious to me

I dont think he starts.... he just wrote an Instagram post saying that if he needs to start from scratch he will do it. So maybe that means he is not starting.
i think he just meant its the start of a new journey for him

Status
Not open for further replies.