Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

TheGodsInRed

He refuses to boot it up the pitch when he is under pressure because he doesn’t want to ruin is pass completion rate.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
He had so much time to clear the ball; no idea why he decided to try and dribble instead. Had a couple of hairy moments last week too. PL learning curve is sure steep.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Never rated him. Granted, I've only seen him play for Brazil and he's never exactly played well for us, but still.

OverratedOpinion

If there is one player in the entire team that you don't want to get caught up in their own hype it is your goalkeeper. Klopp will be fuming.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
At least he stopped fecking around with it after that. Maybe it’s good that he made that mistake in a game where it didn’t impact the result.

Might wake him up a bit.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Better than De Gea? :lol::lol::lol:
Who even said that? It seems United fans create that statement every time another keeper makes a mistake, is the same coming for Kepa if/when he makes one? Furthermore it's not like De Gea is mistake free is it?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Glad he got to make that mistake for free.

OverratedOpinion

Who even said that? It seems United fans create that statement every time another keeper makes a mistake, is the same coming for Kepa if/when he makes one? Furthermore it's not like De Gea is mistake free is it?
To be fair I just googled "Alisson better than De Gea" and that answered your question.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In terms of the match yeah but it could have consequences mentally. Christensen was flawless for us last season uptill an error vs Barca then totally lost the plot. Not saying Alisson will dive as badly but his response to this will be interesting.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Hopefully he keeps that kind of stuff up all season. Surely he knows a great goalkeeper is not measured on his ability to be cute and get past an oncoming player? If Klopp is good with his goalkeepers, and I've no idea if he is, he'll be letting Alisson know he needs to cut that crap out else he'll be continually punished in England.

Pagh Wraith

What's this nonsense on Sky right now? There was nothing wrong with van Dijk's ball. This is entirely on Becker.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
"I am happy Alisson made that mistake" I am seeing on twitter from Pool fans.

1. Utter nonsense
2. Why the feck would you ever be happy your keeper made a mistake. Fact is this, if that was Karius or Mignolet there'd be riots. The fact it is your shiny new Brazilian keeper means it gets laughed off.

Posh Red

I was listening to talksport the other day (can't remember who) and a couple of them were in agreement that they would take Alisson over De Gea.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's not merely a figment of our imagination, there's a fascination with keepers who can pass out from the back. Even though De Gea was incredible last season, there were claims about Ederson making more impact to his team.

United fans will call out silly mistakes by expensive GKs considering what De Gea was put through by fans and media alike in his debut season.

Neo_Mufc

Breaking news: Sergio Ramos sneeze causes Alisson concussion which lead to goal.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Shouting at the TV just to clear down the line, boot it out for a throw-in anything but I just knew he'd pull a cruyff turn when there's no need. In Italy they give time to do that shit, not here the strikers will just chase you down. Hope Klopp drills it into him to stop doing it otherwise opponents will pick on his errors. Showboating 6-0 up in a friendly, fine. doing it 2-0 narrow lead away in PL match, no.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
"I am happy Alisson made that mistake" I am seeing on twitter from Pool fans.

1. Utter nonsense
2. Why the feck would you ever be happy your keeper made a mistake. Fact is this, if that was Karius or Mignolet there'd be riots. The fact it is your shiny new Brazilian keeper means it gets laughed off.
Because it didn't cost us the game? Because maybe now he'll think twice doing elaborate shit like that? Karius and Migs made multiple mistakes this would of been another one in the long line of mistakes.

Look at it this way, if Bakayoko made a mistake in a game he'd get absolutely destroyed by Chelsea fans if Kante did he wouldn't, depends on historically how they've performed. Currently Alisson is in his honeymoon period with us.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's not merely a figment of our imagination, there's a fascination with keepers who can pass out from the back. Even though De Gea was incredible last season, there were claims about Ederson making more impact to his team.

United fans will call out silly mistakes by expensive GKs considering what De Gea was put through by fans and media alike in his debut season.
Ofcourse their is because it adds a whole new dimension to build up play, ofcourse they need to be good keepers aswell but good distribution from a keeper can break pressing and wipe half a team out, that said DeGea use to be pretty good at playing out of the back (when Courtois arrived we were using him as an example of the level he should look at in that regard), not sure whats happened to him of late but obviously Alisson/Ederson/Kepa are still a level or two behind overall.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's just different tactics.

For teams like Liverpool, City, Tottenham who want to dominate possession they need a Keeper who can pass it well. De Gea isn't that, his distribution is one of his main weaknesses. No doubt that De Gea is a better keeper but it's whether you value having a keeper who can retain possession or not. That's why some will argue that Ederson has more impact, because he was able to retain possession and help his team dominate the opponent. It's the same argument with defenders.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
What's this nonsense on Sky right now? There was nothing wrong with van Dijk's ball. This is entirely on Becker.
It was a very poor back pass. Doesn't excuse Alisson mind.

Ban

T
There was talk about Ederson being better than DDG last season. I'm sure it will be similar with Alisson.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
At least that mistake isn’t anything to do with how good he is as a keeper. He thinks he’s an outfield player and paid the price for it but his goalkeeping attributes have been fine so far.

He can’t do that against a side like Spurs though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly. It's no secret everyone was waiting for him to feck up before he got his first proper ass kick by the manager. Hopefully this is the moment we've got out of the way without costing us a CL trophy or something.

He does look like a good goalie though.

Minimalist

Whatever he was trying he looked as clumsy as Heskey doing it.

Reminds me or makes me think of this common idea that some goalkeepers are so good with their feet they could play outfield (Neuer being the prime example). Then they actually do it and amazingly they look like they would barely make the grade in league one.

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
Better than De Gea? :lol::lol::lol:
Because he made the first mistake leading to a goal in his career? Come off it. Remember DDG first season? It’s part of a transition. He’s been absolutely brilliant so far other than a mistake today.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Whatever he was trying he looked as clumsy as Heskey doing it.

Reminds me or makes me think of this common idea that some goalkeepers are so good with their feet they could play outfield (Neuer being the prime example). Then they actually do it and amazingly they look like they would barely make the grade in league one.
Reina played in midfield for us once in pre season. Did well!

Allison needs to learn to take a touch less every time

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was a bad pass — too strong and too wide. What happened next was all on Alisson though

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
At least that mistake isn’t anything to do with how good he is as a keeper. He thinks he’s an outfield player and paid the price for it but his goalkeeping attributes have been fine so far.

He can’t do that against a side like Spurs though.
I'm sorry but i don't see how your working that one out. A goalkeeper is there to stop goals and he just let Leicester score through his stupidity.

Let's just say hypothetically he was the best shot stopper in the world but conceded stupid goals like that every game, then he's not the best keeper in the world is he ?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Needs to acclimatise to the pace quicker. All the attributes are there but you’re not going to get any time in the Premier league.
Thankfully he can learn and grow without costing points.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'm sorry but i don't see how your working that one out. A goalkeeper is there to stop goals and he just let Leicester score through his stupidity.

Let's just say hypothetically he was the best shot stopper in the world but conceded stupid goals like that every game, then he's not the best keeper in the world is he ?
I mean that he might stop dicking around with it when he’s under pressure because he’s made that mistake.