Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
These Brazilians.. he probably grew up watching Rogerio Ceni. Even he wouldn't pull off half the stuff he'd done in the PL.

So the wheels have fallen off 3 games in then :lol:

It was an absolutely shocking back pass from the world's best centre back too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not to be Buzz Killington, but it didnt cost em any points and he might've learned from it now and stop his clownesque antics.

Coxy

So the wheels have fallen off 3 games in then :lol:

It was an absolutely shocking back pass from the world's best centre back too.
Everyone makes mistakes - whether it's Liverpool's players or our own.

Anyway - the comparisons to De Gea are mad - De Gea is far superior, but Alisson is still probably top 10 in the world. Again, everyone makes mistakes.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Everyone makes mistakes - whether it's Liverpool's players or our own.

Anyway - the comparisons to De Gea are mad - De Gea is far superior, but Alisson is still probably top 10 in the world. Again, everyone makes mistakes.
Exactly.

And it's how players mentally recover from mistakes that's important. Karius couldn't. Alisson will. It's his first mistake in fifty games in Europe.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
I'm glad he messed up early enough. Will probably be more conventional in future.
Though I still can't understand what he was trying to do with the ball, even if he wasn't disposessed, what next?

The guy clearly has a lot of confidence, the way he handles shots and deliveries into the box is good.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
As he did for the rest of the game after his last cock-up. What’s great is that he evidently isn’t carrying those lessons from one game to the next.
This is the first time he’s made a mistake leading to a goal. He wouldn’t stop doing it if it wasn’t costing his team. Now that it is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be more no nonsense against Spurs.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is the first time he’s made a mistake leading to a goal. He wouldn’t stop doing it if it wasn’t costing his team. Now that it is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him be more no nonsense against Spurs.
He's going to do it again. He just seems like that type of character. THe up side is it probably wont affect his confidence, which is what seems to seperate a good goalkeeper from a bad one a lot of the time.

The bad side is that you can pretty much guarantee he's going to feck up when it matters at some point, and if he doesn't tone it down this will also probaby be a repated theme...which is also something that seperates good goalkeepers from bad ones.

Barthez was great for us until it became apparennt his showing off and moments of utter idiocy were just as llikely to happen away at Highbury as when we were 3-0 up at home to Ipswich.

Anyone that keeps Mignolet further away from the first team can only be a good thing though.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
I knew this guy was going to be a liability because Liverpool bigged him up so much.

I haven't watched Liverpool this season but I just read these quotes from BBC Football.

And the main culprit was Alisson, the £67m summer signing from Roma, who was embarrassed as he gifted Leicester a goal after 63 minutes when he was robbed by Kelechi Iheanacho while inexplicably performing an elaborate turn with the ball at his feet in the area,

"It was clearly going to happen one day," Klopp said of Alisson's error. "I didn't think it was going to happen in the next match [after his successful showboating against Brighton last time out, when he chipped an on-rushing attacker].

Don't constantly give the goalkeeper the ball, there are other solutions

£67m and he's telling his players not to give him the ball because he might feck up. Hahaha. So Liverpool.

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
Exactly! Realistically, actually conceding a goal is more likely to make him change his approach. Whatever, the main thing is his confidence will be shaken and he’ll be second guessing himself from now on.
You clearly don’t know Alisson!

He’s a proven top class keeper, he will learn and move on. Hope he does well during the international break as Brazil’s long term number 1.

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
You clearly don’t know Alisson!

He’s a proven top class keeper, he will learn and move on. Hope he does well during the international break as Brazil’s long term number 1.
I bet I could go through Blue Moon and find this exact same post about Bravo. Nobody is infallible and you should wait until he's had some games under his belt before you start harking on about how amazing he is. You Liverpool lot never learn. Joe Allen was the next Xavi remember? Now at Stoke or somewhere.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Still not sure how he is ahead of Ederson in that Brazil team. Because he's better looking and taller?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Still not sure how he is ahead of Ederson in that Brazil team. Because he's better looking and taller?
Because he was Roma's #1 and statistically amongst the better GK's in Europe last season.

Too early for statements like this, there's no proof that Ederson is irrefutably better. Didn't have to do that much for City last season and made some mistakes himself.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The DDG comparisons are mental. Stupidity.

Alisson made similar mistakes for Roma by all accounts fannying around with the ball. I think he is just a risk taker, and if he carries on he absolutely will get done again

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Some over the top criticism in here. Talks of the wheels falling off etc are way ahead of ourselves. They're on 12 points and have seen out some tough results that in seasons past may have been drawn.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Because he was Roma's #1 and statistically amongst the better GK's in Europe last season.

Too early for statements like this, there's no proof that Ederson is irrefutably better. Didn't have to do that much for City last season and made some mistakes himself.
City is objectively superior to Roma. Ederson, over the season, was the best passer of the ball ( in that GK role ) the PL has ever seen. The PL is also a much tougher league.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
City is objectively superior to Roma. Ederson, over the season, was the best passer of the ball ( in that GK role ) the PL has ever seen. The PL is also a much tougher league.
Based on how well England clubs do in the CL/Europa this isn't true. England and Italy are pretty close in terms of league strength with La Liga being top of the pile.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Some over the top criticism in here. Talks of the wheels falling off etc are way ahead of ourselves. They're on 12 points and have seen out some tough results that in seasons past may have been drawn.
Tough results? I don't think they've had a game yet where you would expect them not to pick up 3 points in. Maybe Palace last season, but looks like they're doing their usual thing of being utter shite at the start of the season. They're fortunate with the fixtures so far.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Tough results? I don't think they've had a game yet where you would expect them not to pick up 3 points in. Maybe Palace last season, but looks like they're doing their usual thing of being utter shite at the start of the season. They're fortunate with the fixtures so far.
Palace and Leicester away aren't easy fixtures. They weren't at their free flowing best in either but ground out wins. That's what they couldn't do before.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Palace and Leicester away aren't easy fixtures. They weren't at their free flowing best in either but ground out wins. That's what they couldn't do before.
I agree that usually they are tough fixtures however Palace away will be much tougher later on in the season, they are notoriously dreadfully slow starters. I'd love to play at their place so early on. I think today's game has been their hardest fixture of all, and they even got lucky there with Leicester not putting out their best team and Vardy being suspended.

ash_86

Top players have ego's that that wouldn't let them change just like that. See Pogba for eg., few rattles and he suddenly needs to show of strength and try to hold on 3 players and gives the ball away. It would be much easier if he just keeps it simple but thats what he is. Same could be said for Neuer, Ederson ect.. Asking them to play simple is like asking them to give up a part of them.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Albeit it was youtube, but I remember watching his last season video and thinking he was really lucky to get away with some of his dribbles, didn't seem in complete control with some of them. Sweeper keeper is the new role for keepers but what Alisson is doing with those dribbles is not that, sweeper keepers only generally attempt those when there is space to dribble to and not when they are in tight areas. I haven't seen Neuer dribbling inside his box like that in such tight areas, he usually punts it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The DDG comparisons are mental. Stupidity.

Alisson made similar mistakes for Roma by all accounts fannying around with the ball. I think he is just a risk taker, and if he carries on he absolutely will get done again
I agree with this and as i said before i saw him make these sort of mistakes many times with Roma in Serie A matches.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Love it. The hype was getting ridiculous. Terrible mistake.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The answer is not for him to just start booting it up at every opportunity. They could have just signed Nick Pope if that is what they want from a GK. What makes Alisson an interesting GK is his ability on the ball and ability to play out of the back. He would just be another GK if he lost that.