Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The guy has been heralded as the best keeper in the land. He's a cocky fecker who's been threatening to make a mistake for the last few games. He's tried things like this in other games and has just about got away with it. Every save the fecker makes is made out to be "world class" or "amazing" when in fact they're pretty flecking average.

He's been incredibly self-indulgent and has finally got his comeuppance. Not to mention he plays for those feckers, so there's going to be a degree of schadenfreude on a United forum. What's hard to understand about that?
Pretty much. Every pass he makes has been drooled over, every routine save made out to be amazing, it got pretty tiresome and I hope this error just calms down the hype machine a tad. I get that Liverpool fans are used to Karius/Mignolet, but this guy hasn't really done anything all that special yet and an error has definitely been coming.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The guy has been heralded as the best keeper in the land. He's a cocky fecker who's been threatening to make a mistake for the last few games. He's tried things like this in other games and has just about got away with it. Every save the fecker makes is made out to be "world class" or "amazing" when in fact they're pretty flecking average.

He's been incredibly self-indulgent and has finally got his comeuppance. Not to mention he plays for those feckers, so there's going to be a degree of schadenfreude on a United forum. What's hard to understand about that?
Mate laugh all you want I'm not saying you can't, I'm more concerned that they finally seem to be doing the right things and sorting out their defence. Like I said I'd be laughing if they dropped points because of it alas they didn't.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Also, there is a difference between being a 'ball playing keeper', and being arrogant to the max and showboating like this guy has on a number of occasions. He's taken touches where the risk simply isn't necessary and overestimated himself and this will be a lesson for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Arrogance getting punished, that’s what’s funny. The fact that it’s liverpool’s world class keeper la, makes it just that tad more funny. Even if they still won the game.

What’s with the fun sponges round here?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It’s funny. I dont get what you dont understand about that.
If you find it funny knock yourself out, I never said you couldn't. At the end of the day it makes very little difference to the result. Say it had been a mistake to make it 1-1 or even go a goal down I would have been fist pumping you all.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If you find it funny knock yourself out, I never said you couldn't. At the end of the day it makes very little difference to the result. Say it had been a mistake to make it 1-1 or even go a goal down I would have been fist pumping you all.
Did you not find the mistake Lloris made in the WC final slightly amusing?

Sometimes things are just funny, regardless of if it has an impact on the match. It's like when somebody misses an absolute sitter, even if the team he plays for goes on to win 6-0 the miss itself is still amusing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Arrogance getting punished, that’s what’s funny. The fact that it’s liverpool’s world class keeper la, makes it just that tad more funny. Even if they still won the game.

I'm a miserable bastard tonight, spending most of the day at an indoor soft play kids place may have effected my judgment.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Also, there is a difference between being a 'ball playing keeper', and being arrogant to the max and showboating like this guy has on a number of occasions. He's taken touches where the risk simply isn't necessary and overestimated himself and this will be a lesson for him.
But, honestly as a fan I love to see GKs and CBs attempting things like this even if it occasionally gets punished. It adds excitement to the game I want to see more GKs with the confidence to showboat like Alisson does.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Mate laugh all you want I'm not saying you can't, I'm more concerned that they finally seem to be doing the right things and sorting out their defence. Like I said I'd be laughing if they dropped points because of it alas they didn't.
I'm not laughing. I'm just addressing you're incredulity that people on a United forum would dare to take pleasure in a Liverpool player fecking up royally when they've arrived with such fanfare.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
IM not ridiculing you I stated what I though after watching the match highlights, I'd rather they had of dropped points because of it, like
I said above I'm a miserable so and so this evening.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
But, honestly as a fan I love to see GKs and CBs attempting things like this even if it occasionally gets punished. It adds excitement to the game I want to see more GKs with the confidence to showboat like Alisson does.
Really? I want my keeper/cb to be comfortable on the ball rather than panicky, and certainly want them to have quality, but the last thing I want is them doing things which are unnecessary. You're in positions where if you make an error the chance of the opponents scoring is very high, showboating should not be top of your agenda.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
IM not ridiculing you I stated what I though after watching the match highlights, I'd rather they had of dropped points because of it, like
Buddy, I'm having one of the worst days of my life, gotta find little things like this amusing :D

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Really funny here. At least United fans have something to laugh, an error from Alisson.
Maybe he needed an error like to this to stop thinking he is the Ronaldinho of the goalkeepers.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure if that's addressed to me as you didn't quote, but i wasn't accusing you of ridiculing. I said i was addressing you're incredulity at people finding it funny.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Don't get much for £70m these days.
I hope he’s not planning on doing dribbles and Cruyff turns every week. That sort of thing can cost you against the better sides. Imagine if he tries that against City!

TheReligion

Abusive
I hope he’s not planning on doing dribbles and Cruyff turns every week. That sort of thing can cost you against the better sides. Imagine if he tries that against City!
Joking aside I'm just glad it cuts the hype train down a bit. Some of the stuff earlier in this thread was massively OTT. Good keeper but not the very best a la De Gea, Neuer, Oblak

He seems to be quite a risk taker as you say!

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Ugh, I thought my heart will settle down this season, looks like that's not happening if so.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

'Supports: Millwall'

You sure you watched the game? Surely you were off at an EDL march or something?

Giggsyking

And we also saw David De Gea have a terrible World Cup. He was terrible and that is coming from someone who thinks he is awesome personally.

It just seems that Utd fans get more pleasure from seeing their rivals cock up than looking at their own shortcomings.

Get behind your own team and don't cling to Liverpool and Man City cock ups as if you do it is going to be a hell of a long year for you guys.
Beside the one mistake " CR7 goal" what did he do wrong?

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
So many posters waiting for the one mistake from him, so they can laugh out loud and let everybody know how average and overpriced he is. The same happened with van Dijk. One mistake, and this place went nuts in lol emojis.

Stupid mistake, and he really needs to sort it out, but imo the real funny thing about him is, that he has generally been class so far and has conceded one goal in four games despite a defence consisting of VvD and three youngsters :lol:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Beside the one mistake " CR7 goal" what did he do wrong?

Apart from having the fewest saves of any keeper in the WC since 1966 with 1 save in 4 games. The penalty shootout was also bad for him and should have saved Cherychevs weak spot kick.

Not bashing him as he is great for Utd but just a bit of perspective that one mistake doesn't make you a bad keeper.

IAmAWinner

He should watch how De Gea skinned Mladen Petric back in 2012. That's how you do it.
He's a cocky goalie, so it was just a matter of time until his first mistake arrived.

montpelier

Apart from having the fewest saves of any keeper in the WC since 1966 with 1 save in 4 games. The penalty shootout was also bad for him and should have saved Cherychevs weak spot kick.

Not bashing him as he is great for Utd but just a bit of perspective that one mistake doesn't make you a bad keeper.
It does move him from ''Greatest Ever With the Ball at his Feet - Reflecting More Tactical Genius from Klopp'' to ''Hopeless Showboating cnut'' though, on a Utd Forum at least, :lol: :lol: :lol:.

''I'm way out of my goal, the backpass has nailed me to the deadball line, I need to be careful I don't hook this straight back along the ground (quite a good first touch for avoiding that tbf, nicely out from 'under his feet') I'll just try the Cruyff turn...'' It's horriffic decision-making apart from the ludicrous execution. I think we're right & entitled to take the piss.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
And we also saw David De Gea have a terrible World Cup. He was terrible and that is coming from someone who thinks he is awesome personally.

It just seems that Utd fans get more pleasure from seeing their rivals cock up than looking at their own shortcomings.

Get behind your own team and don't cling to Liverpool and Man City cock ups as if you do it is going to be a hell of a long year for you guys.
Not sure you really get how football rivalry works..

Is Robbie Williams still trying to play up front for you guys by the way?

TheReligion

Abusive
So many posters waiting for the one mistake from him, so they can laugh out loud and let everybody know how average and overpriced he is. The same happened with van Dijk. One mistake, and this place went nuts in lol emojis.

Stupid mistake, and he really needs to sort it out, but imo the real funny thing about him is, that he has generally been class so far and has conceded one goal in four games despite a defence consisting of VvD and three youngsters :lol:
VVD made another too. Horendous back pass. Both no where near the top of their trades.

Over payment central.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Not sure you really get how football rivalry works..

Is Robbie Williams still trying to play up front for you guys by the way?
Haha yeah he would probably strengthen our attack to be fair.

Long season ahead for us too

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s got a long way to go before he can be compared with the very best. Games like Spurs and Chelsea away will be the time to judge him.