ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red in Exile

The backlash comes from the fact that this goes on every year. Every year the RM president publicly states he's signing the top players in the world who are under contract. As if the other clubs have no say. Whether its Kaka or Ronaldo or anyone they seem to believe that ever player in the world is just wasting time until they can sign for RM. For your President to say that we 'should be honoured' to sell you are best player is so insulting its laughable and shows a total lack of respect for any other club.

Hitchcocker

Having recently discovered this site, couldn't believe how biased some here are that I had to make comments, albeit in this Newbie forum, I don't care.
Take it for granted, I do not approve this anti Real Madrid stance most have taken and why should I when all this fiasco was more or less generated by C Ronaldo's dream move comments. Sure, Calderon has maybe overstated our intrest in Ronaldo, but heck, if Ronaldo had any decency he would have had said it from the start that he's staying, avoiding all this media talk. So please, don't mock the club Real Madrid, mock your player who's a spoilt child. No true Madrista wants Ronaldo, I can inform you that.

No true Madrista wants Ronaldo? Perhaps you are the only 'true Madrista' then. It takes two to tango and both were just as wrong.

My second point is regarding all this English Premier League hype that is getting out of hand. What, just because EPL clubs had nice representation in this year's CL, we'll label the other league's as rubbish? Admittedly, the big clubs in Italy lack money( or better said, lack of motivated investors, talking about Berlusconi, the second richest owner in football behind Abra, refusing to spend on the club's well being), while the ones in Spain have been badly managed and are behind their English counterparts but that's it. The Spanish, Italian and English midlevel are on par, the bottom is probably superior in Spain and in Italy. And really, it's not about leagues, but about nationality as well. What's with this Spanish and Italian hatred? Envy them for having better player than England?

It's called an opinion and as it stands, the English Premier League is the most marketable league globally considering that English is still the world's lingua franca. Asians/Australians/Americans are probably inclined to support a BPL club over a Spanish club just as South Americans would watch La Liga. In case if you are asking what has that got to do with being the best league in the world, well marketability is a factor in determining which league is better and if you are thinking that BPL is all pace and no technique and tactics, that has changed with the influx of foreign players and coaches. Otherwise, why poach Ronaldo? Just because the English national team has not performed doesn't mean the league isn't as good or better than their counterparts.

This hype has lead to bad ratings. Take the Villa vs Berbatov thread for example. How can anyone call Villa overrated on the backing of what, one season? Even for that season, Villa has all the excuses in the world. I mean when you play with a bunch of idiotic missfits under the guidance of a madman coach you are bound to underperform. Villa has proven himself over the years, his game is absolutely top class and he is a natural finisher. The only reason Villa isn't at Liverpool is because of that 30 million price tag which is as true as it gets. If we are going to use the way of measurment some do here, then let's take Wayne Rooney, who by those standards is probably the most overrated player on Earth. He's overrated anyway, potential potential, but you know what, you can't keep on living on the backing this "potential". People here find excuses for Wayne, when it's obvious that for the last 2 season's he hasn't performed. He plays an important role for Manchester United, so his absence will lead to MUFC underperforming, nevertheless, the level of performance he has put in the last years has been... average. But let's leave Rooney out of this, for my money, Villa is a better player than Torres. The later is performing because EPL football basically matches all his strengths. In Spain, the gulf of class was ever so evident.

It's human nature to judge on what you have seen. Calling Rooney the most overrated player in the world proves that you are no different than us.

There are more points I'd like to make, but I'll end it here. I understand this is a Manchester United fan forum, but stop living in that dream world, ok? Well done on a double, but sitting on your laurels will only take you back to the 1999-2003 era. Good luck this coming season.

Just as you have post-Galatico era?

fellwin

Good luck on denying Robinhos move to Chelsea.
And good luck in the 1/8 of the CHL, judging on the last 4 years you need it

ptolemy

If you would have read the ronaldo thread you would have seen the kind of censure the ronaldo got. The anti real madrid stance was in part due to calderon's statements and the kind of shitty reports that kept appearing in marca. Calderon said something like 'United should be proud of letting Ronaldo sign for RM' or something to that effect. Yeah Right. And theres this universal feeling about RM that they do all that they can to unsettle players, whether it was with Zidane, Kaka or ronaldo.

As for as the standard of leagues is concerned, without a shadow of doubt the PL is streets ahead of either la liga or serie a. Tell me who other that rm and barca actually challenge for the title. Last season it wasn't a question of who would win more matches but rather who would lose more games between barca and yourselves. Barca basically did everything they could to hand you the title.

And what was with that torres comment? EPL matches his strengths?? I mean WTF are we supposed to apologise for that or what? I don't think you can even compare torres and villa as they play in different positions. And if villa is so great why don't u bid for him and leave ronaldo alone?

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
There are more points I'd like to make, but I'll end it here. I understand this is a Manchester United fan forum, but stop living in that dream world, ok? Well done on a double, but sitting on your laurels will only take you back to the 1999-2003 era. Good luck this coming season.
Well, we have won English League four times between 1999 and 2003. I think it's not bad result.

I don't fear Real Madrid. I think if we would have to play them in Champions League we would won matches against them, Manchester United is definitely better side than Real. We've better players, better manager and our fans give us more than their fans at Santiago Bernabeu. Real Madrid mean nothing for me in football now. They are bunch of idiots. Their last Champions of Spain titles are funny, because the whole seasons (especially 2007/2008) was very pathetic. Barcelona lost one game, so did Real. Real lost one game, so did Barcelona. Nobody wanted to win Primera Divison last season.

I had respect to the Real Madrid before Florentino Perez's era. I thought Calderon could give something new, but after Ronaldo's transfer saga I am sure he is an idiot, too. Robinho isn't happy at Real Madrid, why Calderon won't decide to lose him? He said he would sell player who doesn't want to play in his team. Yeah, and this is Liverpool's year. Yhy.

presh

Lawro is footballing version of Abu Hamza, preachi
The backlash comes from the fact that this goes on every year. Every year the RM president publicly states he's signing the top players in the world who are under contract. As if the other clubs have no say. Whether its Kaka or Ronaldo or anyone they seem to believe that ever player in the world is just wasting time until they can sign for RM. For your President to say that we 'should be honoured' to sell you are best player is so insulting its laughable and shows a total lack of respect for any other club.

This bit sums it up perfectly. Why can Barcelona and Real Madrid just shut their trap and not destabilize the players of other clubs?

If you think Ronaldo saga is the cause for hatred to spanish clubs, you are wrong. As a gooner, i too hate your attitude. If nothing unites Arsenal and Man Utd. this issue certainly does. So please stop the policy of destabilising established players from other clubs using the media as a tool, you will do nothing but alienate fans who have even some interest in your so called big little small club.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
'Biasness' isn't a word mate

Sorry I didn't get any further than that but have a nice day :)

Alex

I notice that Marca have gone quiet over all the lies they told this summer. No explanation, just more lies printed.
I would love to know what their response is to Ron being back in Manchester, despite them claiming he was refusing to come back :lol::rolleyes:
:lol: We wont get any answers from them unless we send them to the Hague

RealMadridF

No true Madrista wants Ronaldo? Perhaps you are the only 'true Madrista' then. It takes two to tango and both were just as wrong.
Crowds were unsettled in Madrid due to this transfer fiasco. The first thing any Madrid fan wanted is to put all those talks to bed, even . Ronaldo would have had a negative effect on the team most probably, and for the speculated money, we could have sorted both CB and LB positions and the striker department.

It's called an opinion and as it stands, the English Premier League is the most marketable league globally considering that English is still the world's lingua franca. Asians/Australians/Americans are probably inclined to support a BPL club over a Spanish club just as South Americans would watch La Liga. In case if you are asking what has that got to do with being the best league in the world, well marketability is a factor in determining which league is better and if you are thinking that BPL is all pace and no technique and tactics, that has changed with the influx of foreign players and coaches. Otherwise, why poach Ronaldo?
You don't get the point, people here will actually rubbish a player on the simple backing that he isn't proven in the EPL. Plus, the technique will never reach Spain levels unless major changes happen. Playing a 100 mph game does little to help skilfull players which is why, with some exception here and there, most lightweight skillful players will never play to full capacity in this league. Ronaldo isn't a good example, he always had tremendous physical potential, the likes of Messi, Ronaldinho just don't have that.

Just because the English national team has not performed doesn't mean the league isn't as good or better than their counterparts.
Well, I never said it was. I pointed out the nationality hatred, the xenophobia more frequent in MUFC fans.

It's human nature to judge on what you have seen. Calling Rooney the most overrated player in the world proves that you are no different than us.
Well, IF we use the same measurement you guys use on Villa, then he may very well be that overrated. I don't use that same measurement, so no, I don't consider him to be the most overrated, far from that though he is probably not as good as some of you consider him to be.

Just as you have post-Galatico era?
And? The problem with that Galactico era was that on a longterm basis it was bound to fail. In 1998 we had a strong enough base to afford big spending on stars. After 2003, we no longer had that base with Hierro ageing, Morientes becoming crap and being sold, Makelele being sold, Raul out of form, Figo slowly losing form, Helguera becoming more and more clumsy... and the worst thing of all, Del Bosque leaving.
Signings like Ronaldo and Beckham all looked good on paper but were never going to win us anything on a regular basis. And the likes of Luxemburgo, Queiroz (no disrespect) were not going to help either. But anyway, yes, it was a major downhill for us.

Good luck on denying Robinhos move to Chelsea.
Robinho wants to stay at the club, his agent is the one fueling all those rumours, Calderon and of course Chelsea. Don't even try to compare this scenario with Ronaldo's where the later has admitted of being a Real Madrid fan. I do admit Calderon has been a disgrace in his treatment of Robinho, but heck, even so, the player never mentioned any desire to move, which outlines his commitment to the club.

Tell me who other that rm and barca actually challenge for the title
Barcelona and Real Madrid are similar to the big 4 in England. While teams like Villareal, Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid have in the past posed a challenge, it's unconcievable at this moment of time to have either of the two clubs not in the top 4 and one of them not winning. But the same can be said about England, that top 4 is unbreakable. The only hope is with Ramos, who unlike most other non top 4 managers, will not be content with only a top 5 finish. Having the backing of money, which complements the lack of a fruitful academy like Sevilla had, Ramos can potentially break it but that's it.
Tottenham is the only team showing true ambition to reach those heights.

As for as the standard of leagues is concerned, without a shadow of doubt the PL is streets ahead of either la liga or serie a.
Your argument was weak, the English league has the most money and is the most marketable. It also holds 4 great clubs that are currently under 4 great managers and that have performed well over the course of 2 years. That's basically EPL's advantage over the others. But is that enough for it to be streets ahead? I don't think so.
And if villa is so great why don't u bid for him and leave ronaldo alone?
Well, ask Calderon, not me. Villa would have been a top signing for Madrid though ATM Madrid fans are content with Raul, RVN and Higuan, not too much about the others albeit.

Manchester United is definitely better side than Real. We've better players, better manager and our fans give us more than their fans at Santiago Bernabeu.
Let's take it one at a time. Manchester United definitely a better side than Real? Well, the most recent encounters point to the contrary. Of course, that's some time ago, but nevertheless, it reduces this possible gap there could be between the teams and it certainly gives a shadow of doubt whether Manchester United is that much better. Better players? Individually speaking, not too sure. Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Sneijder, RVN, Raul, VDV, Diarra, Robinho, Robben even Pepe, those are brilliant players individually. And about potential? Gago, Higuan, Marcelo, enough potential. Better manager? Surely. Better fans? The atmosphere at the Santiago is unique. I assume so is the one at OT, I think it's better not to make such comparrisons.
Manchester United has a better team, they gell better, that's all I'll ever admit. Real Madrid may not have big names, but our players are top top quality, the team just isn't consistant enough and most probably has an abundance of some ingredients while a lacks of others.

The last years in Europe have been dissapointing, but that's more to the team's style and luck with injuries than quality. Real Madrid even under Capello has never addopted an efficient style of football. Efficiency nowadays comes from building from the back to the forward, thus before going out all attacking making sure you have a solid defense.

Pepe while a brilliant player when judged on all attributes, is a poor defender who needs a lot of sharpening. Sergio Ramos has always been and will always will be a too good player for that RB position. The guy needs to play everywhere, because he's that good. At LB we have Marcelo, a very good player in the mould of Roberto Carlos that seems to have inherited the later's qualities but also weaknesses. And while Roberto Carlos had the strength advantage that saved him many times, Marcelo will always be a potential leak in our defense unless his defensive game improves. Gago has almost reached Alonso's level while being only 20(?). But the guy is so light weight, despite having a brilliant sliding tackle, there will always be a chance he'll simply get muscled out because he lacks strength.

Real Madrid's problem is playing an attacking game and giving up on any kind of solidity. Even Diarra has slowly started to develop a real attacking side to his game while losing out on his sharpness in tackles.

I don't expect Real Madrid to win next year's CL, heck, I hope we reach a fkin' quarter final. I do however expect us to have more of a go in 2/3 years time, when the final will be played at our ground. By that time, it's hopeful that we repair that side of the game that has cost us dearly over the last years.

I tried to cover all points posted aproximately half an hour ago in a decent English. I'm definitely not on a wind up. WUMs never post replies of this length.

'Biasness' isn't a word mate
Ok, it may not be, but its meaning is obvious. As long as the word is understandable, its correctitude is unimportant, unless you want to be academic about it.

ricknic

It is the feck everyone aren't we great attitude that grates with me. As football fans we have respect for clubs like Real with their history and style of football. But this good image is being undone by a succession of presidents banging on in the press about how great Real is and how everyone wants to play for them without regard for other clubs.

The sad fact is that these presidents are elected by the fans/members themselves.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
True this is a biased message board and cringingly so at times. However it is a United board so that's surely to be expected? The same would be found on a real, liverpool, chelsea etc. board.

Also Real are a horrid little club regardless of their tapping up of players. Great footballing history but horrible real life history.

DaSPOT

on his face is caused by puberty
Ronnie's at the game today. Skylarking with Rooney at the beginning.
he was smiling and laughing with the boys up in the box. i saw rooney come down to the pitch to watch the penalties, did all the other players come down also?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
can we all agree not to post any of that shite
because we know what it'll say, it don't help anyone trying to just put it to bed. Can we do that? feck them and what they gotta say

I know I or anyone can avoid the thread but this stuff is no news and really helps no one and it's certainly pro madrid etc. Also 99% of it is bollocks
:nono: are you suggesting that this thread is full of shite?!

gbgary

True this is a biased message board and cringingly so at times. However it is a United board so that's surely to be expected? The same would be found on a real, liverpool, chelsea etc. board.

Also Real are a horrid little club regardless of their tapping up of players. Great footballing history but horrible real life history.
exactly! how can he be shocked? :lol:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Crowds were unsettled in Madrid due to this transfer fiasco. The first thing any Madrid fan wanted is to put all those talks to bed, even . Ronaldo would have had a negative effect on the team most probably, and for the speculated money, we could have sorted both CB and LB positions and the striker department.
Yeah, but when I was reading Real Madrid fans websites to see what they think about possible Ronaldo transfer, all of them were writing it would be fantastic to sign so wonderful player who scored 42 goals last season and helped his team to win Premier League and Champions League. When 'Marca' was writing all the lies, they believed it could be true and their cocks were probably out. But after Ronaldo's decision to stay at Manchester United they have started writing he isn't great footballer, he can't play against best teams and he seems to be a gay. It's all about Real Madrid fans. I am sure, if next year Calderon will say Ronaldo would be good transfer and he will do everything to buy him, all the fans say he is fantastic and he definitely could make their team better.

Robinho wants to stay at the club, his agent is the one fueling all those rumours, Calderon and of course Chelsea. Don't even try to compare this scenario with Ronaldo's where the later has admitted of being a Real Madrid fan. I do admit Calderon has been a disgrace in his treatment of Robinho, but heck, even so, the player never mentioned any desire to move, which outlines his commitment to the club.
Why can't we compare this situation to Ronaldo's one?

Ronaldo said he is Real Madrid fan and would like to play someday in Spain. Robinho said he would like to play in Chelsea. If Ronaldo was named as a 'slave' because he is Real Madrid fan, what about Robinho? I really hope Chelsea will sign Robinho and you won't have neither Robinho nor Ronaldo. And even if the qoutes about Robinho and his request to join Chelsea aren't truth, what would you said now, after all the 'quotes' while we were living on Ronaldo's transfer saga?

I don't expect Real Madrid to win next year's CL, heck, I hope we reach a fkin' quarter final. I do however expect us to have more of a go in 2/3 years time, when the final will be played at our ground. By that time, it's hopeful that we repair that side of the game that has cost us dearly over the last years.
You see, that's what we are about. Manchester United has a team capable of retain the Champions League trophy, but even Real Madrid fan think 'Galacticos' won't win it. I really respect you for that, you write truth and you don't want to lie only because you are writing about your club.

So, how can you still say United isn't better than Real Madrid?

John_Jensen

As much as i enjoyed their attempts to undermine Utd in this close season, Madrid is the biggest shithole of the footballing universe. They epitomise everything thats wrong with modern day football

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ronaldo is one of us again. How much longer can this thread go on for?
Until shutting it down won't mean that we've got half a dozen Ronaldo newspaper article / Calderon / fan reaction threads the following day? It's tidy where it is. When it dies from disuse it'll die - unless of course someone posts about why not close it.

twitter thread suggester
He was talking on the phone during the match, the move is obviously still very much on...

loki

Broke 1000 posts 5 years ago. Slow going since
If Real push with that compensation bid over a contract agreed with Ronaldo, then that would automatically prove tapping up since we never accepted a bid, and since the approach is illegal can any contract signed then be void?

Its complete media bullshit.

::sonny::

That's fecking hysterical. If Madrid do go ahead and sue Ronaldo then they're making an admission of "guilt" re tapping him up! I wonder if FIFA mnight reconsider taking no action against Madrid if this sorry little rumour came to fruition!
Agreed

topper

Clown
If Real push with that compensation bid over a contract agreed with Ronaldo, then that would automatically prove tapping up since we never accepted a bid, and since the approach is illegal can any contract signed then be void?

Its complete media bullshit.
sense enfin

Status
Not open for further replies.