ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Time for shutters already.... the point of this thread has now become how many posts it can get. Time to move on.

Merman

Eh?

I heard folk try it at the Greyhound, and barely anyone joined in before moving on to other chants. I heard plenty of people singing anti-Ronaldo songs, but not in any particularly large grouping. Personally I didn't sing anything Ronaldo orientated at all. He barely entered my thoughts at all on the day
fanboys creating myths shocker

Rednails

11/08/2008 15:21
Evra: I Knew Ronaldo Would Stay

Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra has revealed his belief that Cristiano Ronaldo would not leave the club for Real Madrid this summer and believes the saga will not affect team spirit...

Ronaldo was embroiled in a summer-long transfer saga as Real Madrid sought to prise him away from Old Trafford. The winger constantly hinted that he desired to head to the Santiago Bernabeu but, ultimately, decided to stay at Manchester United, whilst still acknowledging his long-term ambition to play for the Spanish champions.

The Portuguese has faced criticism from all quarters for his conduct this summer, with many claiming that the 23-year-old's histrionics would create unrest in the Red Devils' dressing room, but Patrice Evra feels entirely differently. "I have always believed he would stay," the Frenchman told L'Equipe.

"I had a few phone calls with him and then he sent me a text message to tell me he will finally stay.

"The media made more of the story, but now the matter is closed.

"Will that cause any trouble inside the group? No. When he came back the squad all welcomed him.

"I am sure he will have another great season."

Brian O'Ryan, Goal.com

Feedingseagulls

Eh?

I heard folk try it at the Greyhound, and barely anyone joined in before moving on to other chants. I heard plenty of people singing anti-Ronaldo songs, but not in any particularly large grouping. Personally I didn't sing anything Ronaldo orientated at all. He barely entered my thoughts at all on the day
fanboys creating myths shocker
I think it was probably because the Utd fans concerned were not at the Greyhound.

B Cantona

Desperate
I think it was probably because the Utd fans concerned were not at the Greyhound.
Ok. But bear in mind that was the designated United pub where the majority of drinking support gathered. And I also mingled with United supporters elsewhere, and the experience was the same. There was very little if any Ronaldo chanting, frankly either pro or anti. Little at the game either, in my section one lad tried piping up with Viva, but he was on his own

MANU1960

as far as i'm concerned.....RONALDO IS A LEGEND

for those that disagree, i dare you to name me any other ex or present United player to have generated 20k plus posts on this or any other internet forum in one thread!

BahamaRed

Legend
Here's the twist. Calderon is my Godchild's father in Law. We cooked up this plan in April. The idea was not to get Ronaldo to Real but to create the longest ever sensible Internet thread. I think we succeeded. Calderon has always been a keen internet fan and with his Marca and AS contacts we had it made. I have always been a Real Madrid fan and was able to infiltrate United fans over a 9 year period on their top forum, redcafe. All the Ronaldo stuff emanated from there.
The only problem has been, that, in that time, I have fallen in love with Man Utd.
My dilema.

December_16

Here's the twist. Calderon is my Godchild's father in Law. We cooked up this plan in April. The idea was not to get Ronaldo to Real but to create the longest ever sensible Internet thread. I think we succeeded. Calderon has always been a keen internet fan and with his Marca and AS contacts we had it made. I have always been a Real Madrid fan and was able to infiltrate United fans over a 9 year period on their top forum, redcafe. All the Ronaldo stuff emanated from there.
The only problem has been, that, in that time, I have fallen in love with Man Utd.
My dilema.
Sensible?

This thread has more BS than the whole Caf itself, and that says something.

BahamaRed

Legend
Sensible?

This thread has more BS than the whole Caf itself, and that says something.
:lol:
Actually there has been more sense talked in this thread than I've ever seen before, albeit repeated and reworded a 1000 times! Never seen any topic that has been fed by so much emotion and that has opened up many posters as to who they actually are and what they really think about the club and why they support it. There's a real story in this thread which someone should investigate. It's been a real insight. Its not been so much about Ronaldo but about fans and their emotions.
By "sensible" I mean staying on subject. There have been a few longer Internet threads but they were filled with nonsense. (do a google search for "Longest thread ever" to see what I mean) As far as I can see (and I am the Internet) there has not been a longer thread anywhere that was actually talking about something.

Alex

Would certainly mean he wont ever end up at Madrid if they try to do something like that

BahamaRed

Legend
The hall of shame ...

:D
It's been no shame to have been involved in the Tug of War between the Best Player in the World (maybe ever) and the two behemoths of sport in the Universe, discussing billions of $, affecting millions of people (shit, this thread alone had 1,500,000 views and there are hundreds of threads like it all around the world [none of course as big as this one ;)])
There are so many good posters on the caf and the sense of humour is second to nowhere.
Totally engrossing. Better than the best of books or the daily soaps. Great entertainment.

Alex

It's been no shame to have been involved in the Tug of War between the Best Player in the World (maybe ever) and the two behemoths of sport in the Universe, discussing billions of $, affecting millions of people (shit, this thread alone had 1,500,000 views and there are hundreds of threads like it all around the world [none of course as big as this one ;)])
There are so many good posters on the caf and the sense of humour is second to nowhere.
Totally engrossing. Better than the best of books or the daily soaps. Great entertainment.
I feel like the top posters in this thread should receive some sort of payment for our efforts

Alex

Someone should print out a copy and send it to Calderon, it will give him somthing to do after he gets the ax

Alex

I wonder, is there any way to save this thread in a separate file?
Anyone know a way? Mods? Niall ?
I reckon it will be placed in the classics, it certainly deserves it. It will be spoken of in society 100 years from now if it was preserved. "The Ronaldo Saga"

RapidRed

I have just spent the past hour and a half watching our match highlights and other clips I had downloaded over the last 2 seasons.

I had braced myself for his exit, but after watching all of that, I am pleased that we have kept him, and I am really excited about watching him play for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.