ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie's gum

THREAD SUMMARY

United won the CL, and Cristiano says he will stay, but after some time in the Portugese camp with the then unannounced Chelsea coach Scolari, Ronaldo declares he has a dream of one day playing for Madrid, who were willing to pay 100 Million EUROS for him, but Fergie and the Glazers refused, saying they would rather him rot in the reserves, while Ronaldo continued flirt with the idea, till Fergie went to "see" him, at which point he decided to go back to Manchester and declare that he is staying, while appologising for indirectly allowing speculation to flare.

over 20,500 posts (514 pages), whole forests of newspaper columns and millions of wasted working hours for that. Jesus Cristiano!!

What can we deduce from the above???
1>The London and Spanish media made millions from nothing.
2>Madrid and Calderon can go feck themselves.
3>What Fergie wants Fergie gets.

oh yeah and
4>Ronaldo has a dream of one day playing for Madrid

ThatOldRedMagic

THREAD SUMMARY

United won the CL, and Cristiano says he will stay, but after some time in the Portugese camp with the then unannounced Chelsea coach Scolari, Ronaldo declares he has a dream of one day playing for Madrid, who were willing to pay 100 Million EUROS for him, but Fergie and the Glazers refused, saying they would rather him rot in the reserves, while Ronaldo continued flirt with the idea, till Fergie went to "see" him, at which point he decided to go back to Manchester and declare that he is staying, while appologising for indirectly allowing speculation to flare.

over 20,500 posts (514 pages), whole forests of newspaper columns and millions of wasted working hours for that. Jesus Cristiano!!

What can we deduce from the above???
1>The London and Spanish media made millions from nothing.
2>Madrid and Calderon can go feck themselves.
3>What Fergie wants Fergie gets.

oh yeah and
4>Ronaldo has a dream of one day playing for Madrid
And that big-Phil Phuck Phace has a lot to answer for and should be given the appropriate treatment. Mendacious twat.

fjred

And that big-Phil Phuck Phace has a lot to answer for and should be given the appropriate treatment. Mendacious twat.
Fully agreed. It's been a lot more down to that calculating prick, Scolari, than has ever been given credit for. Trying to destabalise us ahead of his first season. CQ's in charge, now, so better things to be hoped for. However, if we get Berbs and Ronaldo is staying, who's the Daddy now?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Nah. If it ends now, it'll be too premature and not gain legendary status. It would be a cnut in some respects. Another 4 years, maybe 5 would be nice :)

Thread should be renamed though (is a bit old now) - something like, 'All Calderons bollocks' would be alright.

Jacob

Negative at first, will win us over though.

He'll also kiss the badge after his first goal then pointing to the ground (I stay).

Ixion

I don't think his reception will be that bad, its going to be a couple of months yet before he plays anyway so things will die down a bit, and the club and manager will try and get the fans on his side before then. There will probably be some boos but not that many or for that long.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it will be interesting to see what reception he will get. they showed him on the big screen at wembley for a few moments alongside rooney and the others not in the sqaud and no one was quite sure what to do.

marcus agrippa

I don't think his reception will be that bad, its going to be a couple of months yet before he plays anyway so things will die down a bit, and the club and manager will try and get the fans on his side before then. There will probably be some boos but not that many or for that long.
i do fecking hope none of us boo him. that's not the sort of thing you'd expect United fans to do to one of our own.

perhaps ignore him, but booing is poor form IMO.

Dresilved

Negative, until he scores three minutes into the match
There's plenty of football to be played before his return, I have a feeling the reception he gets will be determined by our overall team form at the time, if we have a 100% or record or even close by then the supporters will at the very least give a cold reception, if we've been struggling however and he comes on as a 60th min sub, it could be a lift for the team and he obviously has the ability to change a game - if that does happen and he does a "Roy of the Rovers", they'll be singing Viva before the end of the game....guaranteed I say!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Negative, until he scores three minutes into the match
I don't think it's quite like that.

Opinion and emotions are so split on this that I think it'll be more complicated.

My nephew (age 7) is delighted Ron's staying and has successfully rescued his favourite football shirt from being binned by his dad - who isn't delighted (and was so un-delighted he offered to buy his son a new shirt)

Guessing, I'd say most fans are still in the: "Won't boo, won't sing," camp. Ron's a winger so he's had years to get used to the abuse from individuals/small groups who'll always find something to boo about.

I'm told there was some anti-Ronaldo chanting (by small groups) at Wembley - I'm told this led to other small groups singing Viva Ronaldo in reply.

It's the reaction of a United crowd (the charity shield crowd's always a bit of an anomaly) to opposition fans chanting anti-Ron or taunting songs and to our own fans joining in that'll set the tone. I hope (and expect) any anti-Ron songs get howled down fast, but emotions are still running high.

I remember some fans looking disappointed (or at least confused about how to react) when Kieran Richardson scored - personally I can't imagine wanting to experience that emotion 40 or so times next season :devil: (but eh, they pay their money and they can look as sullen as they like).

Of course, if Ron comes back looking depressed or nervous (and God help him if he looks happy or arrogant :D), struggles to regain form, or gets reinjured there'll be very little sympathy - and probably not much encouragement.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
there will be a pocket of resistance but in the main it'll probably be positive. I don't think Ronaldo has much to worry about on that score. He does however, for his sake need to grow up

Rednails

It'll be a neutral reception at first, and if we havent made a good start to the season people will soon be willing him on to score.

B Cantona

Desperate
It'll be a neutral reception at first, and if we havent made a good start to the season people will soon be willing him on to score.
I'm sure people will be willing him on to score anyway! He's a United player for crying out loud

There's a difference between wanting a player to do well, and giving him additional adoration with chants and songs dedicated to him

I'll be dissapointed if supporters do chant his name, because I don't think he deserves it for the way he acted. He'll be off to Madrid soon anyway unless he contridicts his much heralded 'dream' statements, and I bet it'll be the same supporters chanting his name now accusing him of being a judas cnut then

I don't think he'll give a crap either way to be honest!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He had his head turned over the summer, was courted and flattered and offered fortunes in cash to play for arguably the worlds most famous club (the very club he said five years ago he dreamed of playing for one day).

Despite all of this he refused to issue a transfer request as a show of respect for United and Ferguson, something which apparently infuriated Madrid and possibly burned his bridges with the current owners (doubtful perhaps, but who knows).

Not exactly Heinze is it? On a par with Rio meeting Kenyon, or Cantona's various dissappearing acts, or Keanes numerous acts of holding the club to ransom. Etc Etc. The point is, these things happen and are forgotten.

I'm delighted he is staying, and he has at least one fan of the club that will back him 100%.

MiamiSpartan

They did it to one of our greatest ever legends only a handful of seasons ago - Giggs.......fecking disgrace that was
You have to be kidding me! That sickens me. I wasn't on the caf then, so can someone fill me in on the circumstances? Short of INTENTIONALLY putting the ball into his own net to lose a game, I can't think of any reason to boo a current United player, let alone Giggs (maybe if Heinze was openly pining for Liverpool while still playing in the squad, but I think that started after the season). When Giggs gets booed, they have truly priced too many of the good fans out of OT (as if that wasn't already obvious).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
who in their right mind would boo ryan giggs?
Hmmm, pretty much the same people who would grovel apologetically if they met him in the pub afterwards.

Wingers are fair game for helpful advice and swiftly delivered (often monosyllabillic) critique, when a hundred people howl the same advice simultaneously it doesn't sound too good.

For a couple of years after "that goal" against Arsenal in 99, Giggs got an easier ride but people forget and after a bad run of form he didn't get so much booed as jeered (particularly one time when he got sub'd off) How many people? Probably not that many - sometimes it doesn't need that many.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Even with all the crap Ronaldo has pulled, let's just remember this:

MAKE ME A RED SAYS RONALDO
Ian Doyle, Liverpool Echo
Ian Doyle, Liverpool Echo
CRISTIANO RONALDO last night urged Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier to follow up his interest in him.

The 19-year-old Portuguese midfielder is proving one of the stars of this year's Toulon under-20 tournament.

Reds assistant manager Phil Thompson has been in France to observe the impact of the youngster, whose performances have attracted interest from a host of top European clubs.

And Ronaldo, an attacking player who can play on either flank, has signalled his intentions by admitting it would be a "dream" to move to Anfield.

"Liverpool are one of the best clubs in England and it would be a dream for any player to represent a club of such traditions," he said.

"I will have to hope that they make an offer that is good for both Sporting and myself."

Ronaldo added the lure of playing alongside Michael Owen has influenced his decision to greet a move.

"The English League is not one of my favourites, but it is very interesting," he insisted.

"I think my way of play can be reconciled in the Premier League. If a player possesses quality, he can adapt anywhere.

"Michael Owen is a great player and any youngster would love to be in the same side as him.

"Let's see how things turn out. I am going to continue working as hard as ever."

Liverpool - who yesterday dismissed reports linking them with Udinese's Chilean midfield ace David Pizarro - have not tabled any bid for Ronaldo, who is rated at #5million by Sporting Lisbon.

And although the Reds are keen to build for the future, Houllier has stated his policy this summer is to bring in proven quality ahead of potential.
I'd rather he was our flawed genius than Liverpools.

ch7

"The English League is not one of my favourites, but it is very interesting," he insisted.

It seems even back then he had a fair idea of where he saw himself playing his football in the future. I guess it was natural for him not to hold English football in that high esteem when the Portuguese players he looked up to like Luis Figo, Vitor Baia, Fernando Couto, Sergio Conceicao, Manuel Rui Costa etc.. all played in either Spain or Italy.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Have you got the link to that story?

His 'dream' changes rather a lot doesn't it?
"Liverpool are one of the best clubs in England and it would be a dream for any player to represent a club of such traditions," he said.

"I will have to hope that they make an offer that is good for both Sporting and myself."

Not changed very much at all really. As a kid he dreamed of being a pro, as a pro he could admit to dreaming of playing for "one of the best clubs in England" as a top pro he can still remember when Madrid was the place to go.

When he made those comments the last 5 CL winners had been:
98 Madrid
99 United (first English team to do it since 84)
00 Madrid
01 Munich
02 Madrid

B Cantona

Desperate

Not changed very much at all really. As a kid he dreamed of being a pro, as a pro he could admit to dreaming of playing for "one of the best clubs in England" as a top pro he can still remember when Madrid was the place to go.

When he made those comments the last 5 CL winners had been:
98 Madrid
99 United (first English team to do it since 84)
00 Madrid
01 Munich
02 Madrid
His dream is to join a club of such tradition as Liverpool

Well we've got tradition, more than that Scouse lot. So he's satisfying his dream right here

Status
Not open for further replies.