Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamaRed

Legend
FERGUSON: GET REAL, RONALDO'S MINE

HE'S MINE: Ferguson refuses to let go of Ronaldo

Friday July 18,2008

By Nicola McCafferty for express.co.uk

MANCHESTER United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has tightened his grip on star player Cristiano Ronaldo by insisting the Portugal international will remain on his turf next season.

After months of a bitter transfer wrangle between the Premiership winners and Real Madrid, Ferguson has confirmed that Ronaldo will not be sold to the Bernabeu after crisis talks with the 23-year-old.

The Scot said: "I can say he will be a Manchester United player next season."

“That is our stance, he won’t be sold.”

Speculation over the winger's whereabouts next season reached boiling point last week after he claimed he was a "slave" at Old Trafford.

But fiery Ferguson is adamant his 42-goal star will be wearing United colours next season when he has recovered from his recent ankle operation as they attempt to retain the European Cup and Premier League title.

He added: “The meeting went well. I think we both put across our points of view; where we stand and where the player stands."

Ferguson has repeatedly insisted Ronaldo is not for sale.

But only yesterday it was reported in Spanish sports daily AS that a Real player jokingly asked president Roman Calderon: "When is Christiano coming", to which he responded: "Don't worry, he will be here soon."

Despite the turbulent period at Old Trafford, Ferguson insists he has managed to keep calm.

The 66-year-old said: “It is not a difficult position. I was on my holiday and I was not going to interrupt my holiday, believe me.

“I wasn’t panicked because the player is under contract so the strength and the rights are with Manchester United.

“What we have done well is to say nothing. We’ve kept quiet on this matter and kept it private and what I said to Cristiano remains private.

“I did go and see him last week in Portugal and it was very amicable and there were no problems. That’s where we are and we carry on.”

According to this he met Ronaldo last week, not on Monday

Ferguson

I haven't posted in this thread until now.

I avoided reading this thread until a few weeks ago.

Because I knew it was better to wait for things to sort themselves out instead of rushing to judgment.

In SAF we trust. Ronaldo will leave either next summer or the following one, and SAF will probably leave shortly after Ronaldo does.

We have a team built to win trophies for the next few years, something which SAF and United won't allow Ronaldo to mess up.

BahamaRed

Legend
Ronaldo’s Staying - But What Did Fergie Say To Make Him Stay?

July 18, 2008

Ouch! Sorry Meester Fergiesohn!”
The BBC broke the news earlier this afternoon that Ronaldo is DEFINITELY staying at Manchester United next season.
We’re never quite sure what to believe in this tiresome Ronnie saga, especially where the Beeb is concerned, but the strength of the assertion seems to imply this is not conjecture:
He is staying - like it or not.
But what did Fergie say to make him stay?
“Listen sunshine - get your suntanned backside back to Manchester or I tell the world your big secret!”
or more likely:
“Alright you cheeky little !~@*&! - you can go to Madrid. But you’ve got to come back for one more season”
However,they say actions speak louder than words, so perhaps it was more to do with what Fergie did when he met Ronaldo in Portugal than what he said.
Ronaldo was pictured out in Hollywood the other night partying on crutches.
We know he’s just had an operation on his ankle but - given the amount of hobbling he was doing - is it conceivable that Fergie turned up in Portugal to play Glaswegian footsy with his protégé to ensure his continued service?
What Do You Think Fergie Said To Make Ronnie Stay?

link

Rednails

You've got to hand it to Fergie - he put up a smokescreen, went to Sintra where Ronaldo lives and had it out with him. Told him he's going nowhere. End of story. What a Manager. Brilliant.

INF-AMOS

So after all that, he's staying.

By Christmas, it'll be Viva Ronaldo again, and those who wanted him to leave, or said it'd be no big deal, are going to look like muppets. Just like they did after the 06 incident.
He's not staying by choice and the 06 incident was completely different.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
He is still a wanker, it doesn't change my opinion of him, if it mean willing him to do well in order for us to, then so fecking be it. I don't think United fans will be so fickle as to accept him back into their hearts ever again, he will be just a very good player in the long list of players to have played for this club.

Even if he became the best player ever; he won't be the first that i tell my kids about, he won't be the second or third - i wouldn't want them revering a self obessed ponce. And that is what it comes down to, he loves himself far more than he could ever love anyone else, even with Becks you knew where his heart was, this guy has all the talent, but not an ounce of sincerity - in that respect he will never branch out to the hearts of some football fans, ever.
I tend to agree with most of that.

Man-United

I don't like him after this saga, but he's still our player and I hope everyone supports him just like last year.

B Cantona

Desperate
So after all that, he's staying.

By Christmas, it'll be Viva Ronaldo again, and those who wanted him to leave, or said it'd be no big deal, are going to look like muppets. Just like they did after the 06 incident.
Sadly, you might be right. But its only because people like you who don't care about the reputation and tradition of this club are willing to get buggered over from behind by a player, just because they're your favourite or currently play the best football. No principles, no sense of honour. You simply don't get it

INF-AMOS

Sadly, you might be right. But its only because people like you who don't care about the reputation and tradition of this club are willing to get buggered over from behind by a player, just because they're your favourite or currently play the best football. No principles, no sense of honour. You simply don't get it
Yes. 100%

Rednails

Funny, although it looks as though he's staying for a season at least, I do not see much euphoria on here. Sort of an anti-climax really. Maybe we knew all along this would happen.

Just goes to show - never waste nervous energy or emotion on things over which you have no control!

reddev07

Funny, although it looks as though he's staying for a season at least, I do not see much euphoria on here. Sort of an anti-climax really. Maybe we knew all along this would happen.

Just goes to show - never waste nervous energy or emotion on things over which you have no control!
Exactly

tepper82

He is still a wanker, it doesn't change my opinion of him, if it mean willing him to do well in order for us to, then so fecking be it. I don't think United fans will be so fickle as to accept him back into their hearts ever again, he will be just a very good player in the long list of players to have played for this club.

Even if he became the best player ever; he won't be the first that i tell my kids about, he won't be the second or third - i wouldn't want them revering a self obessed ponce. And that is what it comes down to, he loves himself far more than he could ever love anyone else, even with Becks you knew where his heart was, this guy has all the talent, but not an ounce of sincerity - in that respect he will never branch out to the hearts of some football fans, ever.

well said, spot on that, exactly what i was sayin to some scousers at work who were sayin the same thing. that it would be viva ronaldo again by xmas!

he will never be regarded as highly as my united heroes no matter what happens over the next two seasons and it just goes to show that a player can bang 40+ goals in a season but then behave like a twat the real fans will never idolise him like they should!

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist

Spot on mate.

It's a shame, really. We all loved him, he was set to be a United legend ...But he brought it upon himself.

I certainly won't be joining in on the "Viva Ronaldo" chants any more.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If Fergie says he wants to keep him, fine by me. Fergie knows best. Nevertheless, Ronaldo has gone down in my estimation and will never be a player I truly love.

Come on, Season 08/09

Anduin

It's a shame, really. We all loved him, he was set to be a United legend ...But he brought it upon himself.
Agreed.
He had the potential to become one of the best and biggest (in terms of success, appearances, goals...) players ever to play for United, now he'll be remembered as one of the club's great players, but Ronaldo will never be a legend. He certainly doesn't deserve to be.
I bet we will have a new thread on this saga next summer.

Dresilved

If Fergie says he wants to keep him, fine by me. Fergie knows best. Nevertheless, Ronaldo has gone down in my estimation and will never be a player I truly love.

Come on, Season 08/09
I wonder how much of this from SAF is about taking a stand, I have a feeling its mostly about that.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
As much as i think ronaldo's antics have been nothing short of disgraceful i think some of you could be eating your words come 1-3 years
I wonder how many of you said similar things about rio not too long ago and now he is loved and revered by pretty much everyone

I hope ronaldo learns from all this and can become the player we all thought he was going to be a few months ago

reddev07

I reckon some kind of exit stragety has already been discussed, dont think Fergi will allow this to spiral out of control again
I think SAF has probably told him if he comes back and gives it his all, he will let him go next summer.

VP

No principles, no sense of honour? Tad melodramatic don't you think?

And people are reading too much into his slave comments. A journo probably asked him, "Do you agree with Blatter?", Ronaldo probably didn't know what to say and said yes. Cue mass media hysteria. I thought the Ballague interview was much worse.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I reckon some kind of exit stragety has already been discussed, dont think Fergi will allow this to spiral out of control again
All SAF has probably said is if Madrid meet the clubs valuation next summer then he can leave.

Crumpsall Red

I think SAF has probably told him if he comes back and gives it his all, he will let him go next summer.
If that's the case I wish we would just get shot of him now. I Don't want such a disrepectful moron wearing our beloved shirt. He has managed to make our club look like a joke this summer, which he could have put an instant stop to if he had wanted to.

I am proud to be a Manchester United supporter, I am proud to be from Manchester, I am proud of the wor United do in the north west and all over the world.

Will I cheer when Ronaldo scores next season? Yes I will....

but it will never be love again.

Will I boo him ..... probably not cos I would worry that it would affect the rest of the team, but when he slams his hands in to the ground asking for a free kick when play has moved on 50 yards away and players like Rooney are busting a gut to get the ball back, I will give him feckin dogs abuse.

Manchester United - greatest football club on this plant

Woodzy

Right, that's the end of that then. Now lets all get over to the Berbatov thread in anticipation of a Berbometer.

Kelvin

it be more assuring if Ronaldo were to say the same thing though.

B Cantona

Desperate
No principles, no sense of honour? Tad melodramatic don't you think?

And people are reading too much into his slave comments. A journo probably asked him, "Do you agree with Blatter?", Ronaldo probably didn't know what to say and said yes. Cue mass media hysteria. I thought the Ballague interview was much worse.
I thought they were both disgraceful

He clearly identified himself with Blatters comments, it's not a case of not knowing what to say. If you don't know what to say, you don't say anything. And presumably if he had identified with them by mistake, he immediately comes out and disassociates himself

Yes it was melodramatic, I think you can see what I'm getting at though

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I feel that Ronaldo will remain not because the club loves him or viceversa but only to give time for the club to find his replacement.

Yassir

Why do people think Ronaldo does not know what he is saying or that he is some poor kid who's been taken advantage of?

Seriously, in my opinion, Ronaldo knows exactly what he's doing and has been doing since May 22.

Younited.7

united.7
"I am a man with simple tastes - I am always
Hypothetically:

If my wife wanted to go and feck somebody else, after we had just done something brilliant together, and said that i was being an asshole for trying to keep hold of her - i would be pretty pissed off.

Ronaldo is that fecking bitch you will never keep hold of.

kiddaa

Hypothetically:

If my wife wanted to go and feck somebody else, after we had just done something brilliant together, and said that i was being an asshole for trying to keep hold of her - i would be pretty pissed off.

Ronaldo is that fecking bitch you will never keep hold of.
Now is your wife as beautiful ( hmm skillful) as ronaldo, and do you have 11 wifes doing brilliant things every night(game). I hope you get the point its not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.