All ticket/travel information thread - 2009/10: Touting will not be tolerated

Abigail

not really! i used to have one but had to give it up when i became a student four years ago - didn't think i'd get it back so easily but all good. But yes bizarre list, considering I know people that are on lists for other significant club and haven't heard anything in years.

pony1982

not really! i used to have one but had to give it up when i became a student four years ago - didn't think i'd get it back so easily but all good. But yes bizarre list, considering I know people that are on lists for other significant club and haven't heard anything in years.
Wondering if people are not renewing because of the recession or simply because they don't think we'll win the league next season.

pony1982

Selling Tickets on the Ticket Exchange

Does anybody know how much commission they charge from the seller when selling a ticket on viagogo? I know you have to pay an extra 20 quid to buy the ticket on there.

manxmanc

Does anybody know how much commission they charge from the seller when selling a ticket on viagogo? I know you have to pay an extra 20 quid to buy the ticket on there.
Sell them here.

PM me if there's no takers I'll shift it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
there is no charge to the seller - you get face value and then they screw the buyer with extra charges

Crerand Legend

Taking the whole family to the Birmingham match and need a couple more tickets if anyone knows of a couple.Probably get them of Viagogo all right but I hate giving them the extra money

ralphie88

Taking the whole family to the Birmingham match and need a couple more tickets if anyone knows of a couple.Probably get them of Viagogo all right but I hate giving them the extra money
Normally I'd be able to sort you as my folks are on holiday for the August, but not this year unfortunately.

There will be loads of spares for this though Crerand, I think they will actually go on General Sale (the first game of the season has done for the last three years), but if not there will be spares floating around on RIM and FT.

ralphie88

Season tickets for both Juniors and Adults now on General Sale. As predicted by Ralphie88. "Waiting List" my arse.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={23A882F1-4E52-4C1A-816E-FB505E82E076}&newsid=6635910&lid=SplashJuniorST

Fill your boots ladies and gents, and remember you're negotiating from a position of strength over the adult STs - don't settle for NT3!

Crerand Legend

Normally I'd be able to sort you as my folks are on holiday for the August, but not this year unfortunately.

There will be loads of spares for this though Crerand, I think they will actually go on General Sale (the first game of the season has done for the last three years), but if not there will be spares floating around on RIM and FT.
Thanks Ralphie

ralphie88

Cheers for that mate - as a seller this season, that might work well for me :-)
Don't expect to be able to sell tickets for the bog-standard matches unless you've got a very good spec mate. An awful lot of people were left 'holding the baby' for matches (particularly midweek) they didn't want to attend last season.

pony1982

Don't expect to be able to sell tickets for the bog-standard matches unless you've got a very good spec mate. An awful lot of people were left 'holding the baby' for matches (particularly midweek) they didn't want to attend last season.
I've got two together, row 8 in the north stand tier two, so hopefully it won't be a problem. Making midweek games will be next to impossible for me - will try to make the champs league games though

ralphie88

I've got two together, row 8 in the north stand tier two, so hopefully it won't be a problem. Making midweek games will be next to impossible for me - will try to make the champs league games though
You will end up taking a hit on some of those midweeks pony if you are relying on viagogo. For some of them viagogo won't even kick in because tickets will be on general sale. Your best bet is advertising them on here well in advance.

pony1982

You will end up taking a hit on some of those midweeks pony if you are relying on viagogo. For some of them viagogo won't even kick in because tickets will be on general sale. Your best bet is advertising them on here well in advance.
problem with advertising them here is having to give my season ticket to someone I don't know at all..... :(

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
having 2 together helps massively as there are a lot of singles - but as ralphie says, some matches dont even reach viagogo anyway.

K Stand Knut

Season tickets for both Juniors and Adults now on General Sale. As predicted by Ralphie88. "Waiting List" my arse.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={23A882F1-4E52-4C1A-816E-FB505E82E076}&newsid=6635910&lid=SplashJuniorST

Fill your boots ladies and gents, and remember you're negotiating from a position of strength over the adult STs - don't settle for NT3!
Are you sure that there is adult STs available??? That page only points out the child tickets and at this late notice, I'd have thought that they'd have been screaming from the rooftops to get them sold - OT not selling 100% allocation of STs would be embarrassing for the Glazers.

Might help to improve the atmosphere in a strange way though

ralphie88

Are you sure that there is adult STs available??? That page only points out the child tickets and at this late notice, I'd have thought that they'd have been screaming from the rooftops to get them sold - OT not selling 100% allocation of STs would be embarrassing for the Glazers.
Sentence at the bottom has a link leading you to:

2009/10 Season Tickets

We're all set to start what could be another exciting season at Old Trafford and now we'd like you to be a part of the action.

There are a limited number of 2009/10 Season Tickets available to purchase now so fans can experience all the thrills and spills at the Theatre of Dreams this coming season.

In 2008/09, Sir Alex's side picked up the Carling Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and an 18th title with Premier League success. Now United are inviting supporters to purchase a new Season Ticket for the 2009/10 season by calling 0161 868 8000 (option 1 then 4).

How times have changed, eh? :(

kps88

I want to buy tickets for the Manchester derby in September. Is there anyway of doing this now? Or is it too early? Viagogo my best bet?

Its a group of us going, around 5 people, is it possible to get the tickets together?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I want to buy tickets for the Manchester derby in September. Is there anyway of doing this now? Or is it too early? Viagogo my best bet?

Its a group of us going, around 5 people, is it possible to get the tickets together?
No, Yes, Maybe, Probably Not

ralphie88

I'll sort you out mate, is £20 below face value ok? Want to stay over at mine? I'll move out for the weekend and sleep in a skip. You and your pals can feck my bird as well for the weekend if you like.

kps88

Ouch. Thats the first time I've been the victim of the face palm. It hurts. Deep.

But seriously do I really sound like an idiot asking these questions? I know its early but we'd like to sort out air tickets as soon as possible. If I'm still sounding like an idiot feel free to ignore me.

kiristao

I am coming all the way from India in time for the Sunderland match. What are my chances of getting a ticket through Viagogo? Or should i just play it safe and pick up a hospitality package (cant really afford it but have no choice as this might be my ONLY real chance of watching a match at Old Trafford).

Abigail

I would think that for a match like sunderland, there should be some availability on Viagogo especially if you are just after an individual ticket. However if you want to be REALLY sure you could go for hospitality, but I think you should be ok.

ralphie88

Ouch. Thats the first time I've been the victim of the face palm. It hurts. Deep.

But seriously do I really sound like an idiot asking these questions? I know its early but we'd like to sort out air tickets as soon as possible. If I'm still sounding like an idiot feel free to ignore me.
Heh, apologies for the sarcasm.

5 together for the derby would cost you about £1k from the touts. Why not pick a less glamourous game? Tickets for matches at OT are easier to get hold of now than at any time in the last 16 years but City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are still very difficult to get tickets for.

As for getting tickets together, you're best trying to get a couple together at the back of ST2 (so long as you're going to sing and not take photos all match) and then 3 singles. Then you can all stand together.

ralphie88

I am coming all the way from India in time for the Sunderland match. What are my chances of getting a ticket through Viagogo? Or should i just play it safe and pick up a hospitality package (cant really afford it but have no choice as this might be my ONLY real chance of watching a match at Old Trafford).
You should be alright for Sunderland on viagogo. If not, you'll be able to pick up one from a tout for £100 max. Should be a decent game for atmosphere that too, with it being a late Saturday kick off.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Let me know nearer the time Kiristao. I'll sort you out if the game is at Old Trafford.

kps88

Heh, apologies for the sarcasm.

5 together for the derby would cost you about £1k from the touts. Why not pick a less glamourous game? Tickets for matches at OT are easier to get hold of now than at any time in the last 16 years but City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are still very difficult to get tickets for.

As for getting tickets together, you're best trying to get a couple together at the back of ST2 (so long as you're going to sing and not take photos all match) and then 3 singles. Then you can all stand together.
Hehe no worries. Thanks for the info. Yeah no way I'll be able to afford that.

Its not like I picked the game. It just so happens I'll be in the UK for only that game. I would have loved for it to be United Burnley on that weekend. Terrible luck really. My only two visits to Manchester have conincided with the West Ham game where the trophy was getting handed out and a game against Arsenal.

ralphie88

Hehe no worries. Thanks for the info. Yeah no way I'll be able to afford that.

Its not like I picked the game. It just so happens I'll be in the UK for only that game. I would have loved for it to be United Burnley on that weekend. Terrible luck really. My only two visits to Manchester have conincided with the West Ham game where the trophy was getting handed out and a game against Arsenal.
Manchester for the derby is great even if you don't get into the game though. Get down one of the red pubs, maybe the White Lion on Liverpool Street, and get slaughtered (if we win, though, get out of the Lion before City attack it! :D).

manxmanc

Manchester for the derby is great even if you don't get into the game though. Get down one of the red pubs, maybe the White Lion on Liverpool Street, and get slaughtered (if we win, though, get out of the Lion before City attack it! :D).
This year was rather quite, and I still hold you responsible for my exam failure the next day...

kiristao

You should be alright for Sunderland on viagogo. If not, you'll be able to pick up one from a tout for £100 max. Should be a decent game for atmosphere that too, with it being a late Saturday kick off.
Thanks. Sultan has offered to help me out but for some reason if he cannot, I guess Viagogo is my best bet.

kiristao

Let me know nearer the time Kiristao. I'll sort you out if the game is at Old Trafford.
ok. The game i am looking it at is the one on 3rd Oct at Old Trafford. Will PM you when we are closer to the dates. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the help.