All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
From kev_the_red in the newbies:

Ive posted in the newbie ticket thread about the fulham game, looking for three tickets. I was reading the mains version - seen you posted about the fulham game. Just booked flights over from belfast - london for the game. One lad is hopefully getting me one ticket, just may not be possible to get it posted by the time he gets it, and sends it to me. Other than that im not having much luck. Im asking a big favour, is there anyway you could post my post in the mains ticket thread? im willing to meet any of the lads on the day of the game even, because we're flying in early. Ive been told the 8bells is it? (pub) could be the spot to get tickets off reds on matchday. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
You're talking bollocks. None of the first games have gone past the first ballot.

All games have sold out and tickets have gone on Viagogo. Some returned/cancelled tickets a week before the game have gone on GS.

Never has a game gone on GS more than a month before the actual game.
I can't ever remember our first game of the season being played on a Monday night. The fact it's a televised Monday night game in the middle of August when many people are away on holiday makes a very significant (negative) impact to the level of demand for tickets.

Why do you think Newcastle have only requested 1,800 tickets for the game? Does anyone seriously think that Newcastle wouldn't have taken up the full 3,100 away allocation if the match was taking place at the weekend instead of the Monday night?

I'm sure there will be a few thousand unsold tickets for the Newcastle match but it won't concern me due to the unique circumstances with regards to the scheduling of the game.

Crerand Legend

I can't ever remember our first game of the season being played on a Monday night. The fact it's a televised Monday night game in the middle of August when many people are away on holiday makes a very significant (negative) impact to the level of demand for tickets.

Why do you think Newcastle have only requested 1,800 tickets for the game? Does anyone seriously think that Newcastle wouldn't have taken up the full 3,100 away allocation if the match was taking place at the weekend instead of the Monday night?

I'm sure there will be a few thousand unsold tickets for the Newcastle match but it won't concern me due to the unique circumstances with regards to the scheduling of the game.
I have not missed the first day for years and it has never been on a Monday night. Worked out well for me dirt cheap flights and £29 a night in the premier inn Old Trafford.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Hey lads. I'm booking train tickets from London to Manchester. Found a return back to London at 830pm on Saturday 28th (same day as the match). The game finishes at 730pm.

Is that sufficient time to make it to the Manchester Picadilly station?

AgainstAllOdds

Can you fly? :lol:

It's around a 3 mile walk to the station. So if you leave at 7:30 on the dot, then you have a chance of making it, if you really hurry, and run part of the way.

kps88

Might be better off just waiting for the train from OT. It usually puts me at the station around 45 mins after the match if I remember correctly.

Bread

Might be better off just waiting for the train from OT. It usually puts me at the station around 45 mins after the match if I remember correctly.
It never ever once got me in that quick

best way run to by the trafford and get a bus, youll be in piccadilly half an hour after the game and its a 5-10 min walk depending how quick you are to the station

yaps

(287 Games - 15 Goals) Toxic Frogger
Hello all,

I'm after a spare for Fulham away! If this is you, there may be some sort of remuneration in the way of a pint or two....

Much love

Yaps

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
If i'm honest i've always left it to others to sort out game tickets but this year there's one game where i'll need to sort out a couple of tickets myself.

Game in question is 30th Oct against Spurs at home - i'm obviously not looking for tickets yet but just need to know how easy it would be to get my hands on a couple? It's th eold mans 50th so i'm lookin to take him.

Cheers for any help you may have

McLovin

It never ever once got me in that quick

best way run to by the trafford and get a bus, youll be in piccadilly half an hour after the game and its a 5-10 min walk depending how quick you are to the station
Thanks

Cole9

What the f*** is up with the online ticketing system? It's been like this for me since Saturday.

"We are sorry, the online ticketing system is currently unavailable. Please try again later or alternatively call 0161 868 8000 from 8am to 8pm on weekdays or 9am to 5pm on weekends.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience."

Crerand Legend

What the f*** is up with the online ticketing system? It's been like this for me since Saturday.

"We are sorry, the online ticketing system is currently unavailable. Please try again later or alternatively call 0161 868 8000 from 8am to 8pm on weekdays or 9am to 5pm on weekends.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience."
Regular occurance that, try tomorrow or ring

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Hey lads. I'm booking train tickets from London to Manchester. Found a return back to London at 830pm on Saturday 28th (same day as the match). The game finishes at 730pm.

Is that sufficient time to make it to the Manchester Picadilly station?
Whatever you do don't get the train/tram. Missed my train a few times by doing that> I would suggest power walk or taxi.

Viper KGB

I'm heading over for the Sunderland game at the start of October.

If anyone has or knows of how to get tickets it would be much appreciated

McLovin

Whatever you do don't get the train/tram. Missed my train a few times by doing that> I would suggest power walk or taxi.
Think im getting on the coach back after the game with the London Supporters branch; so that's all good.

Magic United

2 spares in N3405 for Newcastle and West Ham £43 each

1 spare in W3104 for West Ham and Wigan £36 each

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Think im getting on the coach back after the game with the London Supporters branch; so that's all good.
Some of the people on that coach defy belief.

The worst experience of my Utd supporting life.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Feck...why's that?
I got it too Derby away as my lift pulled out last minute.

I'll leave you too sample the delights as i wouldn't wish to offend anyone on here who uses the coach and would take offence to my verbal destruction of the complete JCL plebs who frequent it.

It's safe to say, i wont be allowed nor want to get on that coach again ;)

yaps

(287 Games - 15 Goals) Toxic Frogger
I got it too Derby away as my lift pulled out last minute.

I'll leave you too sample the delights as i wouldn't wish to offend anyone on here who uses the coach and would take offence to my verbal destruction of the complete JCL plebs who frequent it.

It's safe to say, i wont be allowed nor want to get on that coach again ;)
Bad experience with them too. Won't go into it, but I had to use them to get me out of a hole with travel, wasn't happy.

Am still after a Fulham away ticket if anyone has one!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
"are now on general sale for Manchester United's opening Barclays Premier League match against Newcastle United."

What a sorry state of affairs :(
They've been on general sale for a while now.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Weren't last seasons against Birmingham? It's no surprise as midweek PL games usually go on general sale.
Yes I think they did - first couple of matches often go on general sale because people are on holiday etc and the fact that we are on Sky on a Monday night will make the demand even lower.

Hopefully the ground will still be more or less full - it will be a bit strange as I cant remember ever having the first match of the season on a Monday night before

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yes they were - first couple of matches often go on general sale because people are on holiday etc and the fact that we are on Sky on a Monday night will make the demand even lower.

Hopefully the ground will still be more or less full - it will be a bit strange as I cant remember ever having the first match of the season on a Monday night before
No the Birmingham game didn't go on general sale. What happened was the tickets were sold, and then some ticket sales didn't go through (for example if a credit card was rejected) they were put on general sale. Completely different than this.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yes I think they did - first couple of matches often go on general sale because people are on holiday etc and the fact that we are on Sky on a Monday night will make the demand even lower.
"First couple of matches generally go on general sale" is bollocks btw. When before in the last 20 years have the opening day tickets gone on general sale.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
No the Birmingham game didn't go on general sale. What happened was the tickets were sold, and then some ticket sales didn't go through (for example if a credit card was rejected) they were put on general sale. Completely different than this.
Whatever mate - sounds like GS to me.

Anyway the point is that there are often tickets around for the first couple of matches - it is not unusual.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Whatever mate - sounds like GS to me.

Anyway the point is that there are often tickets around for the first couple of matches - it is not unusual.
Yes it is unusual. Maybe not for the last two years, but yes it's unusual.

And if you're claiming the Brum game was on general sale, then every other game has also gone on general sale. There's always tickets after the credit cards get rejected

GCHQ

If demand had been sufficient for the Birmingham game then they would have simply sold the returns etc to One United members instead of putting them on general sale.

I do take your point that tickets for the Newcastle game went on general sale a few weeks before they did for the Birmingham game but I don't think you appreciate how much of an affect the scheduling of the game on a Monday night has on demand. The fact Newcastle only requested 1,800 tickets for the game instead of the full 3,100 away allocation tells the story really.

GCHQ

Yes it is unusual. Maybe not for the last two years, but yes it's unusual.

And if you're claiming the Brum game was on general sale, then every other game has also gone on general sale. There's always tickets after the credit cards get rejected
:lol: That's not the reason mate. It's One United members who return tickets that they were allocated in the ballot or return tickets they purchased after the ballot was over but then find they can no longer make the game. You also have unsold hospitality packages (particularly in East Stand Tier 2/Tier 2 Quadrants).

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not really interested in argument over this - I always thought it was accepted that tickets are usually available at the start of the season due to holidays, members not sorting themselves out for first ballot of the season etc. Just go and look back at ticket info threads from previous seasons.

The Monday night thing obviously makes it even more likely this year - I'm sure the nonrenewers have also had an impact.

AgainstAllOdds

West Ham is on GS too just in-case you didn't notice. How long before the actual game? More than three weeks.

Tickets never go on Viagogo unless the game is sold out. The Birmingham game, as did the Newcastle the year before, both went on Viagogo.

Returns, a week before the game go on GS usually because there is no time for them to be offered just to OU members as most of those who already want to go make travel arrangements or find other means to find tickets (like Viagogo, or touts) well in advance, and don't leave it to the very end.

GCHQ

West Ham is on GS too just in-case you didn't notice. How long before the actual game? More than three weeks.

Tickets never go on Viagogo unless the game is sold out. The Birmingham game, as did the Newcastle the year before both went on Viagogo.

Returns, a week before the game go on GS usually because there is no time for them to be offered just to OU members as most of those who already want to go make travel arrangements or find other means (like Viagogo, or touts) to find tickets and don't leave it to the very end.
Last week of the school holidays so you have a huge amount of people away from home. We played Arsenal on exactly the same weekend last year and that only just sold out a few days before the game.

West Ham have only taken an allocation of 1,400 for that game. On a normal weekend you'd expect them to request at least 2,500 if not the full 3,100 allocation.