All ticket/travel information thread - 2011/12: Touting will not be tolerated

K Stand Knut

Who's started planning their euro trips then?
I have planted the seed with my missus and she is so desperate to get away somewhere in Europe at the moment she is considering coming on a Euro away with me.

My day has gone from not having a hope in hell of getting to a CL group game away from home to there being a high chance of it happening. Now, Lisbon or Basle?

IanDangerously

I have planted the seed with my missus and she is so desperate to get away somewhere in Europe at the moment she is considering coming on a Euro away with me.

My day has gone from not having a hope in hell of getting to a CL group game away from home to there being a high chance of it happening. Now, Lisbon or Basle?
Lisbon surely, beautiful place by all accounts and the weather will still be nice when we play them. I want to do Lisbon, just waiting for Thomas Cook to put their travel packages up!

K Stand Knut

Lisbon surely, beautiful place by all accounts and the weather will still be nice when we play them. I want to do Lisbon, just waiting for Thomas Cook to put their travel packages up!
I've done Lisbon before though with United and want to try and do somewhere different. In fairness, the weather side of it will probably sway it for us both but I'd be happy to do either

T2000

How difficult is it to get tickets for Euro aways? Would love to go to Basel in December.
Impossible unless you are a season ticket holder. United now give you a voucher and you have to take it to a United office that has been set up away and show them your passport. Basically, if I sold mine to you then I would have to travel to Basel first and get the ticket and hand it to you.

Eirik Raude

Impossible unless you are a season ticket holder. United now give you a voucher and you have to take it to a United office that has been set up away and show them your passport. Basically, if I sold mine to you then I would have to travel to Basel first and get the ticket and hand it to you.
Ok, so that's out of the question then. Thanks for the info!

Neo_Mufc

I think execs can nominate people?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Flights sorted, after a load of fecking bollocks hassle.

You don't need to be a ST holder to get Euro aways, far from it. I got 5/5 last year on a membership and would easily have got Bursaspor if I'd wanted it.

Benfica will be a large allocation as well so should be a good chance of getting one.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Who's started planning their euro trips then?
Im off to Basel - flight booked !

Are you from that neck or just fancy the trip?

I can possibly help but I tend to try and sort the lads who can sort me back in return, they always get first refusal.
If I dont get a ticket myself then any help for a Basel would be much appreciated - just a reminder that I sorted you a pair for Chelsea last season ;)

Eirik Raude

Eh? see where I'm going? Sounds like you're thinking something underhand :confused: Weird.

Anyway, half the caf can vouch for me, I was only saying that for things like Euro aways I like to give the guys who can also help me out with tickets throughout the season (like Rood above) first refusal.

Not really sure where you were going with your post.
Sorry, wrong choice of words. I tried to say that I understand why you like to prioritize those who can repay your favour with a favour. And since Rood here is one of these guys, he will be first in line, and I guess there will be plenty more like him. That's why I thought maybe I shouldn't bother trying since there seems to be so little hope to get a ticket.

I was not having a go at you in any way. I'm sorry my post made you confused.

VanTheMan10

Just got a single ticket for Chelsea at home through the ballot...

As i've previously asked I've after 2 tickets... If someone has a pair of tickets and would like to swap for my single plus cash please let me know asap!

Cheers

IanDangerously

Are you applying though or not? Just you or with a mate?
Just me, and yeah I'm applying on my season ticket.

I've also got a membership in my name as well though, does that mean I can technically put two applications in? I'm not sure how that works! :p

IanDangerously

Yeah it pretty much does, you'd have to collect the tickets twice though and try to go to another person, otherwise you'd be in a spot of bother.

I'm sure you'll get a ticket on your ST, I'm reluctant to put in an app for anyone who is putting in one themselves as I'm sure everyone will get tickets. Don't want to be left with a couple of tickets I can't get rid of.
I've looked at the rules this year and they've amended the no cancellation policy, you now have 24 hours to cancel your ticket if successful in the ballot. So doesn't that take away the problem of having to get rid of extra tickets? :confused:

Magic United

1 spare in Stretford End Tier 2, block W3104 available for Basel on Sept 27th and Galati on Nov 2nd

K Stand Knut

There's no travel club this year as far as I know. :confused:
As far as I understood it, you don't have to join the travel club straight away. You can join at any point but you'll still have to give them all your details if you go on an away trip.

Seriously considering a week away in Lisbon pre- and post-game with the missus!!!

IanDangerously

Are Euro away games applied for in the same way as domestic away games? I'm up for a trip to Lisbon.
Yes but you have to collect the ticket over there and show your passport at the collection point so in theory its a lot easier to get them in the ballot. :D